Groups
Groups
Sign in
Groups
Groups
PreTeXt development
Conversations
About
Send feedback
Help
Group path
PreTeXt development
Contact owners and managers
1–30 of 2137
Discussion forum for the PreTeXt authoring system, open to developers and all interested parties. Subscribe if you want to discuss features and/or work on the code. PreTeXt is an uncomplicated XML vocabulary for authors of research articles, textbooks, and monographs. More at
pretextbook.org
. The PreTeXt support forum is at
groups.google.com/forum/?hl=
en#!forum/pretext-support
. The PreTeXt announcements list is at
groups.google.com/forum/?hl=
en#!forum/pretext-announce
.
Mark all as read
Report group
0 selected
David Farmer
, …
Andrew Scholer
3
2:48 PM
images in dark mode
David - Are you envisioning some kind of automatic conversion? Or better handling for explicitly
unread,
images in dark mode
David - Are you envisioning some kind of automatic conversion? Or better handling for explicitly
2:48 PM
Rob Beezer
2:37 PM
AI agents
New thread. I have merged the addition of several AGENTS.md files into the main PreTeXt repository,
unread,
AI agents
New thread. I have merged the addition of several AGENTS.md files into the main PreTeXt repository,
2:37 PM
Thomas Judson
2:04 PM
Prefigure Request contour plots
It would be nice if we could do contour plots in PreFigure such as the following. <prefigure xmlns
unread,
Prefigure Request contour plots
It would be nice if we could do contour plots in PreFigure such as the following. <prefigure xmlns
2:04 PM
Rob Beezer
2:01 PM
Back-up and move your AI agent files NOW (CLAUDE.md, AGENTS.md)
(Cross-posting to pretext-announce, but this only affects a few developers, I think. Just trying to
unread,
Back-up and move your AI agent files NOW (CLAUDE.md, AGENTS.md)
(Cross-posting to pretext-announce, but this only affects a few developers, I think. Just trying to
2:01 PM
Mitch Keller
, …
Rob Beezer
9
Oct 8
Inconsistent behavior of @width in wider themes
Addresswd at: https://github.com/PreTeXtBook/pretext/pull/3268 On 10/5/26 8:40 AM, Mitch Keller wrote
unread,
Inconsistent behavior of @width in wider themes
Addresswd at: https://github.com/PreTeXtBook/pretext/pull/3268 On 10/5/26 8:40 AM, Mitch Keller wrote
Oct 8
Andrew Scholer
,
Rob Beezer
3
Oct 8
Should lack of authored id on sections be a soft/hard error in Runestone build?
Addressed at https://github.com/PreTeXtBook/pretext/pull/3276 On 10/6/26 8:16 AM, 'Rob Beezer
unread,
Should lack of authored id on sections be a soft/hard error in Runestone build?
Addressed at https://github.com/PreTeXtBook/pretext/pull/3276 On 10/6/26 8:16 AM, 'Rob Beezer
Oct 8
Rob Beezer
,
Joseph DiMuro
2
Oct 5
Claude Skill, pdf-to-pretext
Hi Rob. Thank you very much for making this available. I don't think I'll be able to
unread,
Claude Skill, pdf-to-pretext
Hi Rob. Thank you very much for making this available. I don't think I'll be able to
Oct 5
Rick Roesler
, …
Rob Beezer
15
Oct 4
Claude skill for pretext authoring
On 10/4/26 10:25 AM, Andrew Scholer wrote: > Added a comment to the css. But it's actually a
unread,
Claude skill for pretext authoring
On 10/4/26 10:25 AM, Andrew Scholer wrote: > Added a comment to the css. But it's actually a
Oct 4
Rob Beezer
, …
Joseph DiMuro
10
Oct 3
Conversion from PDF
I just did an experiment with a "random", not too complicated, 12-page paper off arxiv.org:
unread,
Conversion from PDF
I just did an experiment with a "random", not too complicated, 12-page paper off arxiv.org:
Oct 3
Mitch Keller
, …
Rob Beezer
3
Oct 1
sageplot[variant="3d"] vs interactive/slate[surface="sage"]
Dear Mitch, A static image of a 3D graphic object in Sage has been substandard for a long time. So
unread,
sageplot[variant="3d"] vs interactive/slate[surface="sage"]
Dear Mitch, A static image of a 3D graphic object in Sage has been substandard for a long time. So
Oct 1
David Farmer
,
Andrew Scholer
3
Sep 30
including icons in the source
That makes sense. I'll go with the limited selection, and in the documentation indicate that if a
unread,
including icons in the source
That makes sense. I'll go with the limited selection, and in the documentation indicate that if a
Sep 30
David Farmer
,
Rob Beezer
3
Sep 30
how about a "wrapper" element?
One of the first steps in the assembly is when the components are selected and everything is merged
unread,
how about a "wrapper" element?
One of the first steps in the assembly is when the components are selected and everything is merged
Sep 30
Mark Fitch
,
Oscar Levin
2
Sep 28
Update to default publication file
Thanks Mark. It will be fixed in the next release. On Mon, Sep 28, 2026 at 12:07 PM 'Mark Fitch
unread,
Update to default publication file
Thanks Mark. It will be fixed in the next release. On Mon, Sep 28, 2026 at 12:07 PM 'Mark Fitch
Sep 28
OHappyDay
,
Rob Beezer
6
Sep 26
Adding translations to de-DE
1. listing = "Liste" This is the same word as for "list", so a program listing
unread,
Adding translations to de-DE
1. listing = "Liste" This is the same word as for "list", so a program listing
Sep 26
Sean Fitzpatrick
,
Rob Beezer
5
Sep 23
New image pop-out in HTML
On 9/23/26 3:58 PM, 'Rob Beezer' via PreTeXt development wrote: > Thanks, maybe I'll
unread,
New image pop-out in HTML
On 9/23/26 3:58 PM, 'Rob Beezer' via PreTeXt development wrote: > Thanks, maybe I'll
Sep 23
Mark Fitch
Sep 22
PreTeXt.plus <me>
PreTeXt.plus is enabling students in my undergraduate geometry class to write in pretext quickly.
unread,
PreTeXt.plus <me>
PreTeXt.plus is enabling students in my undergraduate geometry class to write in pretext quickly.
Sep 22
Jeremy Sylvestre
, …
Rob Beezer
10
Sep 18
Re: [pretext-announce] [CHANGE] side-by-side in the schema
Yes, that would be cheating. And especially if you put #nbsp into the #p as its entire content - just
unread,
Re: [pretext-announce] [CHANGE] side-by-side in the schema
Yes, that would be cheating. And especially if you put #nbsp into the #p as its entire content - just
Sep 18
Oscar Levin
,
Rob Beezer
2
Sep 11
Sidebyside exercises in worksheets that include non-full-width images
Dear Oscar, Short answer: maybe a PR is in your future. Normally an #image in a #sidebyside would be
unread,
Sidebyside exercises in worksheets that include non-full-width images
Dear Oscar, Short answer: maybe a PR is in your future. Normally an #image in a #sidebyside would be
Sep 11
Rob Beezer
,
Oscar Levin
3
Sep 7
Design discussion: headings of mathematical blocks
Dear Oscar, Thanks for the reply. I had not forgotten this one, but it also had not been bubbling up
unread,
Design discussion: headings of mathematical blocks
Dear Oscar, Thanks for the reply. I had not forgotten this one, but it also had not been bubbling up
Sep 7
Oscar Levin
, …
Rob Beezer
6
Sep 5
Numbering equations non-distinct with blocks
On 9/3/26 10:28, Oscar Levin wrote: > Any thoughts about this? I know I forgot about this post in
unread,
Numbering equations non-distinct with blocks
On 9/3/26 10:28, Oscar Levin wrote: > Any thoughts about this? I know I forgot about this post in
Sep 5
Rob Beezer
,
Andrew Scholer
3
Sep 5
Languages on HTML interface elements
On 9/5/26 11:37, Andrew Scholer wrote: > wouldn't it be better to use the literal characters
unread,
Languages on HTML interface elements
On 9/5/26 11:37, Andrew Scholer wrote: > wouldn't it be better to use the literal characters
Sep 5
Rob Beezer
,
valeriom...@gmail.com
6
Sep 2
[NEW] Quotation mark styles for different languages
Thanks very much, Valerio, for the work on this and the suggestions. I think everything is covered at
unread,
[NEW] Quotation mark styles for different languages
Thanks very much, Valerio, for the work on this and the suggestions. I think everything is covered at
Sep 2
Rob Beezer
Aug 31
Finer points of laying out larger LaTeX boxes
This is for those interested in spacing out blocks (and similar) in LaTeX output. Which means Alex
unread,
Finer points of laying out larger LaTeX boxes
This is for those interested in spacing out blocks (and similar) in LaTeX output. Which means Alex
Aug 31
Sean Fitzpatrick
, …
Rob Beezer
5
Aug 28
Matching links no longer visible in dark mode
I've still got 10 days until my semester begins, so I can wait for a longer fix. But there are
unread,
Matching links no longer visible in dark mode
I've still got 10 days until my semester begins, so I can wait for a longer fix. But there are
Aug 28
Steven Clontz
, …
Rob Beezer
7
Aug 28
Import and export of <sage/> content for simple assigning and collection of student work
Handouts were initiated at a workshop in Austin in 2018. I never did a real good job with them, since
unread,
Import and export of <sage/> content for simple assigning and collection of student work
Handouts were initiated at a workshop in Austin in 2018. I never did a real good job with them, since
Aug 28
Alex Jordan
,
Rob Beezer
2
Aug 27
"cover image" for html
("Sent" this 4 days ago, but it didn't go out. I have a long-term problem posting to
unread,
"cover image" for html
("Sent" this 4 days ago, but it didn't go out. I have a long-term problem posting to
Aug 27
David Austin
, …
Rob Beezer
22
Aug 27
labeled images in cardsort problems
Thanks for the clarification. I'll talk with our group more, but we may turn that problem into a
unread,
labeled images in cardsort problems
Thanks for the clarification. I'll talk with our group more, but we may turn that problem into a
Aug 27
Rob Beezer
, …
Mitch Keller
8
Aug 27
LaTeX No LaTeX
Excellent! That looks good. Now just make sure the course goes as well. ;-) On 8/27/26 11:14, Mitch
unread,
LaTeX No LaTeX
Excellent! That looks good. Now just make sure the course goes as well. ;-) On 8/27/26 11:14, Mitch
Aug 27
Oscar Levin
, …
Sean Fitzpatrick
9
Aug 26
Design Discussion: Calendar and date-aware authoring for course materials
Well yes, you are much more organized than me. I'm teaching with two graduate students so needing
unread,
Design Discussion: Calendar and date-aware authoring for course materials
Well yes, you are much more organized than me. I'm teaching with two graduate students so needing
Aug 26
Oscar Levin
Aug 26
Fixing PDF worksheets
TL;DR: I want to redesign how printouts in PDF output look, which will break existing worksheet
unread,
Fixing PDF worksheets
TL;DR: I want to redesign how printouts in PDF output look, which will break existing worksheet
Aug 26