Theory meeting, Jan. 23rd

Lyle Kopnicky

Jan 16, 2019, 6:48:27 PM1/16/19
to pdxfunc
We'll discuss Chapter 20, "Combinatorics", of Logic and Proof (https://leanprover.github.io/logic_and_proof). Please try to work the exercises beforehand. At the meeting anyone will be able to present and contribute to the discussion.

January 23rd, 2018, 6:30-8:30pm

Location:
Collective Agency

3050 SE Division, Suite 245 · Portland, OR

We'll be in the second floor conference room, not in the Collective Agency suite. It's just off the lobby area in the middle of the second floor. Elevator access is available.

RSVP at: https://www.meetup.com/Portland-Functional-Programming-Study-Group/events/mpwwbqyzcbfc/

Lyle Kopnicky

Jan 19, 2019, 5:07:36 PM1/19/19
to pdxfunc
Sorry, I have to reschedule this meeting to the 30th.

Lyle Kopnicky

Jan 30, 2019, 2:02:34 AM1/30/19
to pdxfunc
Attaching my solutions so far. I haven’t done #12 or #14, but I’ve done the rest.

ch20-exercises.pdf

Lyle Kopnicky

Feb 10, 2019, 6:43:25 PM2/10/19
to pdxfunc
Great meeting! We worked through all the problems. I was able to demonstrate a solution to #14 (unordered selection with repetition), Ed proved #12 (the inclusion-exclusion principle), and it was pointed out that my solution to #1 (people at the party) was wrong. I’ve attached an updated PDF with updated solutions to all three.

Below are some photos where we worked out things on the whiteboard. Hope to see you next time!

IMG-0924.JPG
IMG-0925.JPG
IMG-0926.JPG

ch20-exercises.pdf