Teleconference - Thursday Aug-04-2022

yves.s...@gmail.com

Aug 3, 2022, 4:33:58 AM8/3/22
to okapi...@googlegroups.com

Okapi Teleconference - Thursday Aug-04-2022

Google Meet session:

https://meet.google.com/gjn-ywuw-hei

Fixed Time:

https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=2022-08-04T15:00:00

8am San-Jose, San-Francisco

9am Salt-Lake City, Boulder

4pm Dublin

5pm Oslo, Berlin, Krakow, Roma, Erquy

Fri 1am Brisbane

Thu/Fri midnight Tokyo

And 4pm on Alderney island

https://www.google.com/search?q=Alderney&tbm=isch

==== PRs:

https://bitbucket.org/okapiframework/okapi/pull-requests/

https://bitbucket.org/okapiframework/longhorn/pull-requests/

https://bitbucket.org/okapiframework/omegat-plugin/pull-requests/

===== Build problems on GitLab

https://groups.google.com/g/okapi-devel/c/BKvIHvrzNeU

Jim tried to fix the issue, but failed so far.

Longhorn seems to be a different issue:

Example: https://gitlab.com/okapiframework/longhorn/-/jobs/2370364091

Could not find MessageBodyWriter for response object of type

===== Longhorn Docker

Translate5 will now take care of maintaining the Docker for Longhorn

See Timo’s email: https://groups.google.com/g/okapi-devel/c/JdUI6b-RCA0

===== Other Business:

?

--- Next meeting on Aug-18-2022.

-end

yves.s...@gmail.com

Aug 4, 2022, 11:36:13 AM8/4/22
to okapi...@googlegroups.com

Okapi Teleconference - Thursday Aug-04-2022 - Summary

Present: Yves, Denis, Jim, Mihai, Dale

M to try more later.

Ressources are taken from a local repo, but are build elsewhere and cached.

D: okapi-core is also missing in some other pipelines

Seems to be a cache issue.

M: may have started when we cleared the cache.

J: should not need to install anything special for protobuffer

M: will try from a local sandbox with own gitlab to not mess up the repo history.

J: some confusion for me on plugin vs. extension regarding protobuffer

.. changes were need to get eclipse/windows to work ok.

If anyone can clean that, feel free.

Longhorn seems to be a different issue:

Example: https://gitlab.com/okapiframework/longhorn/-/jobs/2370364091

Could not find MessageBodyWriter for response object of type

M: old issue, likely Java dropping JAXB probably.

About OmegaT:

BTW: We can’t build from 8 anymore. So we cannot support OmegaT with Java-8.

Other disussion

M: D you updated the Docker images, was it required

D: yes, needed for UI parts.

.. got the update from DockerHub

.. Do we need lib for building UI tests?

D: now yes.

M: basically, not happy with new dependencies for GUI. But it’s not related to the issue.

D: confirm: not related to our other build error.

===== Longhorn Docker

Translate5 will now take care of maintaining the Docker for Longhorn

See Timo’s email: https://groups.google.com/g/okapi-devel/c/JdUI6b-RCA0

===== PR for serialization for pivot file

J: now annotations are not broken using the serialization pipeline

.. but it will be more and more difficult to support both pipelines

.. for xliff 1.2 we would need to serialize that.

.. think we will have to use the serialization pipeline more and more.

.. need to make sure to document with which pipeline it works.

J: it’s basically different steps.

.. integration -tests do test both.

.. few issue with 1.2 in some rare cases

.. text-level is where we loose info in 1.2

===== Release

Jim has many things ready. We like to hace one soon.

But realize we should have the build fixed before.

===== Other Business:

Note from Denis: ran into issue when working from fork.

.. so moved to branches in the project.

But other have the same type of problems

Y: matbe post info about it

jimbo

Aug 4, 2022, 11:53:32 AM8/4/22
to okapi...@googlegroups.com, yves.s...@gmail.com

The UI testing Denis is doing is isolated to the okapi-ui modules.  Mihai expressed some concern with UI specific dependencies in our gitlab docker images - but is this an issue since the UI testing is only part of the okapi-ui modules (see net/sf/okapi/filters/openxml/ui/ResponsiveTableWorksheetConfigurationsTest.java as an example)?

Jim