Opioid Settlement Funding/Drug Misuse Prevention Initiative with Deterra Drug Deactivation

Cristen Shaver

Mar 28, 2023, 11:22:12 AM3/28/23
to ocb...@orangecountync.gov

Hello County Commissioners,

My name is Cristen Shaver, I represent the Deterra® Drug Deactivation and Disposal System.  Deterra is the only independently tested and environmentally sound drug disposal system used nationwide to reduce drug misuse, diversion, and the negative environmental impact of pharmaceuticals and other harmful/addictive drugs, including opioids, fentanyl, vaping fluids, "gummies" and most street drugs.  We are humbled to announce we have reached our ambitious goal of safely deactivating 1 BILLION PILLS in the United States!

EVERYDAY SHOULD BE DRUG TAKE BACK DAY.  This is a friendly reminder that the DEA National Prescription Drug Take Back Day is quickly approaching, April 22, 2023.  Community members who receive a Deterra Pouch are 48 times more likely to properly dispose of their unused and expired medications.

Deterra is being incorporated into substance misuse prevention programs in counties across the country.  Opioid settlement dollars provide an opportunity to make a dent in substance misuse prevention, to stop opioid misuse before it starts, and Deterra provides residents with a tangible item for primary prevention that conveys the county's commitment to solving the opioid crisis saving YOUR community money with decreased healthcare and criminal justice costs and increased productivity.  See attached IMPACT REPORT for Orange County’s 53,222 households.

CBS8 News - New plan to tackle the opioid crisis in San Diego County

Overview: Local County supervisors have unveiled a new plan to tackle the opioid crisis in San Diego County. Nationwide drug overdose deaths have surged year after year. More than 900 San Diegans lost their lives last year. San Diego County plans to fund new efforts to address the crisis with funds from opioid lawsuit settlements. The county expects to receive more than $100 million and start receiving some money by the end of this year. "We can mail every household in San Diego a drug disposal bag. You open the bag, pour whatever pharmaceutical drugs you have, add some water, and throw it in the trash.”

Please give me a call when you have a chance, or we can schedule a call/virtual meeting at your convenience.  Let me know if you would like to try a free Deterra sample.

Regards,
Cristen
_____________________________

Our online case study portal

Cristen Shaver

Senior Business Development Representative

Verde Environmental Technologies, Inc.

12900 Whitewater Drive, # 200, Minnetonka, MN 55343

O: 612-358-2047

Website | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Deterra Detailer.pdf
Detera IMPACT REPORT, Orange County NC.pdf
Deterra VALUE ADDED SERVICES (VAS) Program, Orange County, NC.pdf
Deterra Case Study, Coalitions & Government.pdf