Seek for assistance

Melkamu Alemayehu

Jan 8, 2021, 3:51:09 AM1/8/21
to oai...@googlegroups.com
I am editor-In-Chief for the Journal of Agriculture and Environmental Sciences, which is published by Bahir Dar University, Bahir Dar, Ethiopia. I am trying to validate and register this journal for indexing. However, I do have problem in validation process and received the following message:

We received a request to validate (but not register) the following repository:

Base URL: https://journals.bdu.edu.et/index.php/jaes/oai
adminEmail: caes...@gmail.com

## Failure summary

### Checking for version 2.0 specific exceptions

REQUEST:
https://journals.bdu.edu.et/index.php/jaes/oai?verb=ListRecords&metadataPrefix=oai_dc&until=2019-10-24T10:37:02Z
GET
FAIL: Failed to extract error code from the response to request:
verb=ListRecords&metadataPrefix=oai_dc&until=2019-10-24T10:37:02Z The request
specified a date one year before the earliestDatestamp given in the Identify
response. There should therefore not be any records with datestamps on or
before this date and a noRecordsMatch error code should be returned.

## Summary - *failure*

* Namespace declared for v2.0 oai-identifiers is ojs.localhost
* Uses https URIs (not specified in protocol)
* Total tests passed: 39
* Total warnings: 0
* Total error count: 1
* Validation status: FAILED

Therefore, I seek assistance for validation and registration of our journal for indexing.

Regards,

Melkamu Alemayheu (PhD)
Editor-In-Chief, JAES
Associate Professor
College of Agriculture and Environmental Sciences
Bahir Dar University
Bahir Dar, Ethiopia
Tel: 251 (0)911406594

Simeon Warner

Jan 8, 2021, 2:50:34 PM1/8/21
to OAI-PMH
Dear Melkamu Alemayheu,

I'm afraid there is a problem with the configuration of your OJS instance, the earliestDatestamp value in the Identify response must be set to a datetime not later than the datestamp of any record. The response to the failing test demonstrates that this is not the case. This seems to be a repeat problem with OJS, as seen in past messages such as:

I do not know the details of OJS. If the solution is not obvious then you might want to contact an appropriate OJS list. I also wonder whether there is an opportunity to update the OJS documentation to help others avoid this issue.

Cheers,
Simeon