Re: Fwd: OAI Validation (step 2): http://jvestnik-politology.donnu.edu.ua/oai

Simeon Warner

Jan 18, 2019, 4:04:11 PM1/18/19
to Афанасенко Юлія Олександрівна, oai...@googlegroups.com
Dear Yuliia Afanasenko,

I looks like your repository is configured with the wrong
<earliestDatestamp> value because it returns records with datestamps
before the configured value 2017-06-21T13:41:27Z . You can see the value
in the Identify response:

http://jvestnik-politology.donnu.edu.ua/oai?verb=Identify

This is the key message from the validator:

REQUEST:
http://jvestnik-politology.donnu.edu.ua/oai?verb=ListRecords&metadataPrefix=oai_dc&until=2016-06-21T13:41:27Z
GET
FAIL: Failed to extract error code from the response to request:
verb=ListRecords&metadataPrefix=oai_dc&until=2016-06-21T13:41:27Z The
request specified a date one year before the earliestDatestamp given in
the Identify response. There should therefore not be any records with
datestamps on or before this date and a noRecordsMatch error code should
be returned.

Cheers,
Simeon

On 12/12/18 5:25 AM, Афанасенко Юлія Олександрівна wrote:
> [...]
>> adminEmail: ju.afa...@donnu.edu.ua <mailto:ju.afa...@donnu.edu.ua>
>>

>> ## Failure summary
>>
>> ### Checking for version 2.0 specific exceptions
>>
>> REQUEST:
>> http://jvestnik-politology.donnu.edu.ua/oai?verb=ListRecords&metadataPrefix=oai_dc&until=2016-06-21T13:41:27Z
>> GET
>> FAIL: Failed to extract error code from the response to request:
>> verb=ListRecords&metadataPrefix=oai_dc&until=2016-06-21T13:41:27Z The
>> request
>> specified a date one year before the earliestDatestamp given in the
>> Identify
>> response. There should therefore not be any records with datestamps on or
>> before this date and a noRecordsMatch error code should be returned.
>>

>> ## Summary - *failure*
>>
>> * Namespace declared for v2.0 oai-identifiers is ojs.journals.donnu.edu.ua
>> * Total tests passed: 39
>> * Total warnings: 0
>> * Total error count: 1
>> * Validation status: FAILED
>>
>> Complete log available at
>> http://www.openarchives.org/Register/ValidateSite?log=UGAX891S

>> To help find your errors, you might use Hussein Suleman's Repository
>> Explorer
>> at <http://purl.org/net/oai_explorer>. Note that the Repository
>> Explorer has
>> less stringent tests than this validation service but provides a very
>> convenient way to examine and navigate OAI responses.
>>
>> If you wish to rerun the validation tests, you may do so by accessing the
>> following URL:
>>
>> http://www.openarchives.org/Register/ValidateSite?c=F3CG0XU4
>>
>> If there is something you do not understand about these validation
>> tests or
>> something you think is in error, please email simeon...@cornell.edu.
>>
>> Initial work to create this OAI-PMH validation service was supported
>> through
>> US NSF award number 0127308. Subsequent support and maintenance has been
>> provided by Cornell University Library.

> Заява про відмову:
> Цей електронний лист і будь-які додатки до нього можуть містити матеріал
> конфіденційного характеру і можуть бути використані тільки адресатом
> (адресатами) цього листа. Якщо Ви отримали цей лист помилково, будь
> ласка, повідомте про це відправника і негайно видаліть лист. Якщо Ви не
> є адресатом цього листа, Ви не повинні використовувати, зберігати або
> розповсюджувати будь-яку інформацію, яка міститься в даному електронному
> листі. Будь-яка думка чи точка зору належить відправникові і не
> представляє офіційної позиції Донецького національного університету.
> Донецький національний університет не гарантує, що даний електронний
> лист або будь-які додатки до нього не заражені вірусами і є безпечними.
> Якщо інше прямо не зазначено в основному тексті електронного листа,
> даний лист не спрямовано на укладання будь-якої форми юридично

jurnal...@uinsu.ac.id

Feb 27, 2019, 9:51:51 AM2/27/19
to OAI-PMH

sorry for interupting this message..
hello.. i am an admin of jurnal site (http://jurnal.uinsu.ac.id/index.php/assais)

i have same problems with Yuliia Afanasenko, but i dont understand how to fix it

this is my log from oai

Checking Identify response

PASS Administrator email address is 'jurnal...@uinsu.ac.id'
PASS Correctly reports OAI-PMH protocol version 2.0
PASS baseURL supplied matches the Identify response
PASS Datestamp granularity is 'seconds'
PASS Extracted earliestDatestamp 2017-08-25T03:59:24Z
PASS oai-identifier description for version 2.0 is being used
PASS namespace-identifier (repositoryIdentifier element) in oai-identifier declaration is jurnal.uinsu.ac.id

Checking ListSets response

PASS responseDate has correct format: 2019-02-27T00:57:16Z
PASS Extracted 2 set names: { assais assais:ART }, will use setSpec &set=assais in tests

Checking ListIdentifiers response

PASS responseDate has correct format: 2019-02-27T00:57:17Z
PASS Good ListIdentifiers response, extracted id 'oai:jurnal.uinsu.ac.id:article/976' for use in future tests.

Checking ListMetadataFormats response

PASS responseDate has correct format: 2019-02-27T00:57:18Z
PASS Good ListMetadataFormats response, includes oai_dc
PASS Data provider supports oai_dc metadataPrefix

Checking GetRecord response

PASS responseDate has correct format: 2019-02-27T00:57:19Z
PASS Datestamp in GetRecord response (2018-01-14T13:45:13Z) has the correct form for seconds granularity.
PASS Datestamp in GetRecord response (2018-01-14T13:45:13Z) matched the seconds granularity specified in the Identify response.
PASS Expected setSpec was returned in the response (implied by a descendant setSpec)

Checking ListRecords response

PASS responseDate has correct format: 2019-02-27T00:57:20Z
PASS Response is well formed
PASS ListRecords response correctly included record with identifier oai:jurnal.uinsu.ac.id:article/976

Checking exception handling (errors)

PASS Error response correctly includes error code 'badVerb'
PASS Error response correctly includes error code 'badVerb'
PASS Error response correctly includes error code 'badArgument'
PASS Error response correctly includes error code 'badArgument'
PASS Error response correctly includes error code 'badArgument'
PASS Error response correctly includes error code 'badArgument'
PASS Error response correctly includes error code 'badArgument'
PASS Error response correctly includes error code 'badArgument'
PASS Error response correctly includes error code 'badArgument'
PASS Error response correctly includes error code 'badResumptionToken'
PASS Error response correctly includes error code 'badArgument'
PASS Error response correctly includes error code 'badArgument'
PASS Error response correctly includes error code 'badArgument'
PASS All 13 error requests properly handled

Checking for version 2.0 specific exceptions

PASS Error response correctly includes error code 'badArgument'
FAIL Failed to extract error code from the response to request: verb=ListRecords&metadataPrefix=oai_dc&until=2016-08-25T03:59:24Z The request specified a date one year before the earliestDatestamp given in the Identify response. There should therefore not be any records with datestamps on or before this date and a noRecordsMatch error code should be returned.

Checking that HTTP POST requests are handled correctly

PASS POST test 1 for Identify was successful
REQUEST http://jurnal.uinsu.ac.id/index.php/assais/oai POST identifier:oai:jurnal.uinsu.ac.id:article/976 metadataPrefix:oai_dc verb:GetRecord
PASS POST test 2 for GetRecord was successful

Checking for correct use of resumptionToken (if used)

NOTE Got resumptionToken adac11b91cd87c7eed0cd9d635025562
PASS Resumption tokens appear to work

Summary - failure

  • Namespace declared for v2.0 oai-identifiers is jurnal.uinsu.ac.id
  • Total tests passed: 39
  • Total warnings: 0
  • Total error count: 1
  • Validation status: FAILED

Saravanan Dos

Feb 27, 2019, 9:59:09 AM2/27/19
to oai...@googlegroups.com
Hi, this error shows you should set the error code "noRecordsmatch" when it's check the date not founded on the database.And they just checking with date which not in the database.They are just checking for error code that you set or not.

Simeon Warner

Feb 27, 2019, 9:59:34 AM2/27/19
to OAI-PMH
The error reported is real, it indicates that the earliestDatestamp listed in the Identify response is wrong. This seems to be a problem with a number of OJS sites so perhaps it is something wrong with OJS or the instructions for setting it up.

To observe:

--> included <earliestDatestamp>2017-08-25T03:59:24Z</earliestDatestamp>

--> includes record oai:jurnal.uinsu.ac.id:article/31 which has datestamp 2016-07-29T01:33:17Z which is BEFORE the earliestDatestamp

A harvester using the earliestDatestamp as an indication of when to start harvesting from would miss records.

Cheers,
Simeon

Buang M. Yulianto

Feb 21, 2020, 2:21:11 AM2/21/20