Names of Plants in India :: Dicliptera paniculata (Forssk.) I.Darbysh.

Dinesh Valke

Feb 12, 2020, 11:16:46 PM2/12/20
to efloraofindia
via Species‎ > ‎D‎ > ‎
Dicliptera paniculata (Forssk.) I.Darbysh. ... family:Acanthaceae

Dicliptera paniculata (Forssk.) I.Darbysh.

Flowers of India Discussions at efloraofindia more views in flickr more views on Google Earth

dye-CLIP-ter-uh -- Greek: diklis (double-folding); pteron (wing), referring to the wing-like divisions in the capsule ... Dave's Botanary
pan-ick-yoo-LAY-tuh -- referring to the flower clusters (panicles) ... Dave's Botanary

commonly known as: panicled foldwing, panicled peristropheAssamese: কাকজংঘা kakajangha, নাক ভঙা naka bhangaBengali: নাসাভাঙ্গা nasabhangaGujarati: બોડી અઘાડી bodi aghadi, કાકજંઘા kakajangha, કાળી અઘેડી kali aghediHindi: अत्रिलाल atrilal, काकजंघा kakajangha, काकनाडी kakanadi, मसी masi, नसभंगा nasabhangaKachchhi: કારી અઘેડી kari aghedi, લસી અઘેડી lasi aghediKannada: ಚೀಬೀ ಗಿಡ cheebee gida, ಸೀಬಿ ಗಿಡ sibi gidaMalayalam: കാട്ടുപുഴുക്കൊല്ലി kattupuzhukkolliManipuri: খুমন লঙথ্ৰৈ khuman langthreiMarathi: काकजंघा kakajangha, पित्तपापडा pittpapada, रान किरायत ran kirayatSanskrit: काकजङ्घा kakajangha, काकतिक्ता kakatikta, नदीकान्ता nadikanta, प्रचीबल prachibala, सुलोमशा sulomashaSantali: barge khode bahaSindhi: નઝપત najhpatTamil: காரக்காஞ்சிரம் kara-k-kanciramTelugu: చేబీరా chebeera

botanical names: Dicliptera paniculata (Forssk.) I.Darbysh. ... synonyms: Dianthera bicalyculata Retz. • Dianthera paniculata Forssk. • Dicliptera bicalyculata Kostel. • Dicliptera paniculata (Forssk.) J.C.Manning & Goldblatt • Justicia bicalyculata (Retz.) Vahl • Justicia ligulata Lam. • Peristrophe bicalyculata (Retz.) Nees • Peristrophe paniculata (Forssk.) R.K.Brummitt ... GBIF

November 11, 2007 ... along Ghodbunder Road

Regards.
Dinesh

Mahadeswara

Feb 13, 2020, 9:59:25 PM2/13/20
to efloraofindia
Dinesh ji,
Kannada transliteration is correct.

Dinesh Valke

Feb 13, 2020, 10:50:35 PM2/13/20
to efloraofindia
Thank you very much Mahadeswara ji for this validation.
Regards.
Dinesh

Prasanta Hembram

Nov 14, 2020, 11:42:30 PM11/14/20
to efloraofindia
I want to correct name for Santali Language.
Badge khode baha

Badge means Garden, Khode is a native name, baha means flower

Correct name:
ᱵᱟᱲᱜᱮ ᱠᱷᱚᱲᱜᱮ Badge Khodge

Thanks

J.M. Garg

Nov 14, 2020, 11:44:16 PM11/14/20
to DineshValke, efloraofindia, prasantah...@gmail.com

--
With regards,
J. M. Garg

Dinesh Valke

Nov 15, 2020, 10:19:40 AM11/15/20
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, prasantah...@gmail.com
Thank you very much Prasanta ji, for validating the Santali name, and for providing it in the modern Ol Chiki script.
I will incorporate the correction shortly in my notes.

Regards.
Dinesh

Dinesh Valke

Jul 4, 2022, 4:44:50 AM7/4/22
to eFloraofIndia

Dinesh Valke

Jul 4, 2022, 4:52:45 AM7/4/22
to efloraofindia

Dicliptera paniculata (Forssk.) I.Darbysh.

Dicliptera paniculata (Forssk.) I.Darbysh.

dye-CLIP-ter-uh -- Greek: diklis (double-folding); pteron (wing), referring to the wing-like divisions in the capsule ... Dave's Botanary
pan-ick-yoo-LAY-tuh -- referring to the flower clusters (panicles) ... Dave's Botanary

commonly known as: panicled foldwing, panicled peristrophe • Assamese: নাক ভঙা naka bhanga • Bengali: নাসাভাঙ্গা nasabhanga • Dogri: जनैहरू jannehru • Gujarati: બોડી અઘાડી bodi aghadi, કાકજંઘા kakajangha, કાળી અઘેડી kali aghedi • Hindi: अत्रिलाल atrilal, काकजंघा kakajangha, काकनाडी kakanadi, मसी masi, नसभंगा nasabhanga • Kachchhi: કારી અઘેડી kari aghedi, લસી અઘેડી lasi aghedi • Kannada: ಚೀಬೀ ಗಿಡ cheebee gida, ಸೀಬಿ ಗಿಡ sibi gida • Malayalam: കാട്ടുപുഴുക്കൊല്ലി kattupuzhukkolli • Manipuri: ꯈꯨꯃꯥꯟ ꯂꯥꯡꯊ꯭ꯔꯩ খুমন লঙথ্ৰৈ khuman langthrei • Marathi: काकजंघा kakajangha, पित्तपापडा pittpapada, रान किरायत ran kirayat • Odia: ଧୁଅନ dhuben, କାକଜଂଘା kakajanga • Rajasthani: अत्रिलाल atrilal, कागजंघा kagjangha, पीपल पट्टी peepal patti • Sanskrit: काकजङ्घा kakajangha, काकतिक्ता kakatikta, नदीकान्ता nadikanta, प्रचीबल prachibala, सुलोमशा sulomasha • Santali: ᱵᱟᱲᱜᱮ ᱠᱷᱚᱲᱜᱮ badge khodge • Sindhi: નઝપત najhpat • Tamil: காரக்காஞ்சிரம் kara-k-kanciram, நெய் காய்ச்சும் பூண்டு ney kayccum puntu • Telugu: చేబీరా chebeera

botanical names: Dicliptera paniculata (Forssk.) I.Darbysh. ... synonyms: Dianthera bicalyculata Retz. • Dianthera paniculata Forssk. • Dicliptera bicalyculata (Retz.) Kostel. • Justicia bicalyculata (Retz.) Vahl • Peristrophe bicalyculata (Retz.) Nees • Peristrophe paniculata (Forssk.) Brummitt ... and many more synonyms listed at POWO
Bibliography / etymology
~~~~~ ENGLISH ~~~~~
panicled foldwing, panicled peristrophe
~~~~~ ASSAMESE ~~~~~
নাক ভঙা naka bhanga
  • for synonym Peristrophe paniculata (Forssk.) Brummitt ... many thanks to Monoj Nath and Farmer Tridip Gogoi for help with this name ... facebook
~~~~~ BENGALI ~~~~~
নাসাভাঙ্গা nasabhanga
~~~~~ DOGRI ~~~~~
जनैहरू jannehru
~~~~~ GARHWALI ~~~~~
no given name
~~~~~ GUJARATI ~~~~~
બોડી અઘાડી bodi aghadi, કાકજંઘા kakajangha, કાળી અઘેડી kali aghedi
~~~~~ HINDI ~~~~~
अत्रिलाल atrilal
  • for synonym Peristrophe paniculata (Forssk.) Brummitt ... ENVIS - FRLHT
  • or इतरेलाल itarelal ... for synonym Peristrophe bicalyculata (Retz.) Nees ... PLANTS OF CUTCH AND THEIR UTILITY by THAKAR, JAIKRISHNA INDRAJI, 1926
काकजंघा kakajangha
काकनाडी kakanadi
  • for synonym Peristrophe paniculata (Forssk.) Brummitt ... ENVIS - FRLHT
मसी masi, नसभंगा nasabhanga
  • for synonym Peristrophe bicalyculata (Retz.) Nees ... PLANTS OF CUTCH AND THEIR UTILITY by THAKAR, JAIKRISHNA INDRAJI, 1926
~~~~~ KACHCHHI ~~~~~
કારી અઘેડી kari aghedi, લસી અઘેડી lasi aghedi
  • for synonym Peristrophe bicalyculata (Retz.) Nees ... PLANTS OF CUTCH AND THEIR UTILITY by THAKAR, JAIKRISHNA INDRAJI, 1926
~~~~~ KANNADA ~~~~~
ಚೀಬೀ ಗಿಡ cheebee gida
ಸೀಬಿ ಗಿಡ sibi gida
~~~~~ MALAYALAM ~~~~~
കാട്ടുപുഴുക്കൊല്ലി kattupuzhukkolli
  • Kerala Plants
  • Many thanks to Vinaya Raj V R for help with this name ... facebook ... കാട്ടു kaatu = forest, wild; പുഴു puzhu = worm; കൊല്ലി kolli = something that kills ... thus, a wild plant that is used to kill worms
~~~~~ MANIPURI ~~~~~
ꯈꯨꯃꯥꯟ ꯂꯥꯡꯊ꯭ꯔꯩ খুমন লঙথ্ৰৈ khuman langthrei
~~~~~ MARATHI ~~~~~
काकजंघा kakajangha
पित्तपापडा pittpapada
  • Many thanks to Swagat for help with this name ... efloraofindia
  • or घाटी पित्तपापडा ghati pittpapada ... for synonym Peristrophe paniculata (Forssk.) Brummitt ... ENVIS - FRLHT
रान किरायत ran kirayat
  • for synonym Peristrophe paniculata (Forssk.) Brummitt ... ENVIS - FRLHT
~~~~~ ODIA ~~~~~
ଧୁଅନ dhuben, କାକଜଂଘା kakajanga
~~~~~ RAJASTHANI ~~~~~
अत्रिलाल atrilal
कागजंघा kagjangha, पीपल पट्टी peepal patti
~~~~~ SANSKRIT ~~~~~
काकजङ्घा kakajangha, काकतिक्ता kakatikta, नदीकान्ता nadikanta, प्रचीबल prachibala, सुलोमशा sulomasha
  • for synonym Peristrophe paniculata (Forssk.) Brummitt ... ENVIS - FRLHT
~~~~~ SANTALI ~~~~~
ᱵᱟᱲᱜᱮ ᱠᱷᱚᱲᱜᱮ badge khodge
  • Many thanks to Prasanta Hembram for help with this name ... efloraofindia
~~~~~ SINDHI ~~~~~
નઝપત najhpat
  • for synonym Peristrophe bicalyculata (Retz.) Nees ... PLANTS OF CUTCH AND THEIR UTILITY by THAKAR, JAIKRISHNA INDRAJI, 1926
  • name written in Gujarati script
~~~~~ TAMIL ~~~~~
காரக்காஞ்சிரம் kara-k-kanciram
  • for synonym Peristrophe bicalyculata (Retz.) Nees ... Tamil lexicon [Madras], University of Madras
நெய் காய்ச்சும் பூண்டு ney kayccum puntu
~~~~~ TELUGU ~~~~~
చేబీరా chebeera
~~~~~ x ~~~~~
You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "eFloraofIndia" group.
To view this discussion on the web, visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/indiantreepix/21a65e88-7115-46d3-b31f-d5fa9588d4b2n%40googlegroups.com.

J.M. Garg

Jul 4, 2022, 7:56:43 PM7/4/22
to efloraofindia, DineshValke
Great work, Dinesh ji

--
With regards,
J. M. Garg

Dinesh Valke

Jul 5, 2022, 12:52:03 AM7/5/22
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
Thanks very much, Garg ji for the appreciation.
Regards.
Dinesh