Peristophe paniculata

Satish Phadke

Jan 2, 2010, 4:23:32 AM1/2/10
to indiantreepix Indian
Peristophe paniculata from family :Acanthaceae
Actually the difference between Dicliptera and Peristrophe was troubling me for quite some time after some posts a month back.
I observed this small herb today morning in Kothrud, Pune.
On careful observation I could find following characters which are indicative of it being Peristophe paniculata.
Herb less than a meter tall. Stem 6 angled rough, Leaves ovate....may be densely lineolate opposite Hairy.
Flowers rosy in trichotomous cymes in large lax terminal panicles. Bracts linear.
Flowers bicalculate with distinct two lips.Corolla 1.2 cm. Stamens 2 filaments hairy.Style filiform stigma bifid.
Topic is open for discussion
Regards
Dr Satish Phadke

Peristrophe paniculata1.jpg
Peristrophe paniculata2.jpg
Peristrophe paniculata3.jpg
Peristrophe paniculata4.jpg

Satish Phadke

Jan 2, 2010, 4:25:40 AM1/2/10
to indiantreepix Indian
Sorry a spelling mistake in the subject. It should read as Peristrophe paniculata

Swagat

Jan 2, 2010, 6:27:41 AM1/2/10
to Satish Phadke, indiantreepix Indian
Dear all,

'Peristrophe paniculata' is called 'Kakjangha' 'काकजंघा' / 'Pittpapada' 'पित्तपापडा' in Marathi.

Regards,

~Swagat
9223217568

Gurcharan Singh

Jan 2, 2010, 1:48:47 PM1/2/10
to Swagat, Satish Phadke, indiantreepix Indian
Yes Satish ji
Now you have got the real Peristrophe paniculata.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Associate Professor