Fw: Memorial Day Brevet-fest in Greenville

Pam Wright

May 26, 2023, 11:48:30 AM5/26/23
to Lone * Star * Randonneurs, Houston Randonneurs E-Mail Group, Hill Country Randonneurs E-Mail Group, Heart of Texas Randonneurs
HI all, not too late to join LSR for a brevet-fest in Greenville this weekend :)   Updated RSVPs below and a dog reminder from Vikram from just a year ago.  Notes have been added to the attached cue sheets and GPS!!

FYI, revised cue sheets attached reflecting additional road notes shared from Peter's 600k preride.  I will have cue sheets & waivers available tonight if needed, but won't be at the 200k start tomorrow.  Also learning my slowwwww internet at home wasn't saving corrections to the 200k GPS, but it's saved now and is not 200 miles :)

400k & 600k -  mile 113.4 outbound and mile 136 inbound on the 600k Day1.   Vikram shared he was bitten on the return (mile 136) and notes that this is on an uphill, which made him slower and more vulnerable.  Photos below.
  • Mile 91.3 - Caddo Store (C&H One Stop Valero). No answer to old phone number and google now showing only corporate number.  Added Dairy Queen & Dollar General hours to attached cue sheets.
  • 600k only - Winnsboro Exxon has disconnected number - Please use any store and provide proof of passage

All Routes
  • TXDOT construction from Bonham>Gober (~9miles)  TXDOT only notes one-lane construction with no extra info about potential gravel or the hardpack noted by Stephen.  All attached cue sheets include this info.  (200k mile 92.7, 300k, mile 143.6, 400/600k  mile 210.8)
  • Mile 60 Silver Dollar Grocery verified - added to all cue sheets below.
  • Called all stores to verify hours, etc.  Kwik Checks all said actual store still branded as Kwik Check.

RSVP's so far
200k  - Start time 7am from Walmart
✔️ Stephen H
✔️ Sharon S