User Messaging Platform don't show ads!

Robot Android

Aug 16, 2020, 9:30:53 PM8/16/20
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Hi.
If user off checkbox in consent ads don't show!

Is it possible for the minimum set of checkboxes to always be enabled for the minimum display of ads?

Is it possible for the checkboxes in the menu settings to be enabled by default? They are always disabled in the settings.

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor Prod

Aug 17, 2020, 2:07:47 AM8/17/20
to dejan...@gmail.com, google-adm...@googlegroups.com

Hi there,

Thank you for raising this to us.

Could you confirm if you've properly setup the UMP SDK using the steps found here (Android | iOS)? Also, with regard to the checkboxes found on the consent form, please note that all configurations related to this can be handled on the Funding Choices UI. If you have further questions related to that, we would suggest that you reach out via this forum instead.

As an aside, could you provide your App ID and Ad Unit IDs via Reply privately to author option so we could further check on our end?

Regards,
Mark Albios
Mobile Ads SDK Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q23KgpG:ref

Robot Android

Aug 17, 2020, 2:52:50 AM8/17/20
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Form works correct. But user con off all checbox and ads not show.
The user can use the form to completely disable the display of ads.

Admob error:
1.1
Google, as a vendor, is not allowed under consent or legitimate interest.
Confirm whether the user intentionally rejected Google as a vendor, CMP implementation errors have occurred, or there are publisher restrictions.

You need to make changes to the form:
1. It is necessary that the checkboxes be enabled in the default settings.
2. It is necessary that the minimum set of checkboxes be always enabled to display ads.

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor Prod

Aug 17, 2020, 3:49:17 AM8/17/20
to dejan...@gmail.com, google-adm...@googlegroups.com

Hi there,

Thank you for your response.

Could you share with us your App ID and Ad Unit IDs as well as those consent screenshots via Reply privately to author option so we could further check on our end? Once provided, we'll be raising this with the rest of the team to gather their insights on this.

Regards,
Mark Albios
Mobile Ads SDK Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q23KgpG:ref

Robot Android

Aug 17, 2020, 4:15:33 AM8/17/20
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers

понедельник, 17 августа 2020 г. в 14:49:17 UTC+7, mobileadssdkforumadvisor:

Eric Bruyère

Aug 17, 2020, 5:08:43 AM8/17/20
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Hello,

It's not a problem with the implementation of the UMP, but it's a problem with the GDPR reglementation.

For me too,  it's a very, very big problem because if the user don't accept : Store and/or access information on a device, the Admob cookie cannot be installed.

With only 2 clicks the user cuts all personalized and non-personalized ads!

It is enough for him to click on "Manage options" and "Submit" to not have any more advertisements.

He doesn't even have to click the switches.

It is difficult to set up this consent message knowing that users will very easily be able to mute all ads.

Non-personalized advertisements should still be displayed.

Because otherwise it will be more profitable to deactivate personalization for all European users on the Admob website, rather than to activate the personalization of the advertisements and display a consent message which makes it very easy to cut all the advertisements...

Eric
Message has been deleted

Robot Android

Aug 17, 2020, 5:32:30 AM8/17/20
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
This is what I'm trying to explain, the checkboxes in the settings are always off!

AndreasB

Aug 17, 2020, 5:45:38 AM8/17/20
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
This has also been mentioned in

where the response has been that this is "by design". I still think that, at least if some type of consent has been given before, this should be reflected in the initial state of the UI if the dialog is opened again later.

If this will not be the case, the whole UMP solution is more or less dead-on-arrival for me.

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor Prod

Aug 17, 2020, 6:14:57 AM8/17/20
to dejan...@gmail.com, ndrs...@gmail.com, eric.b...@gmail.com, google-adm...@googlegroups.com

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for all your responses.

Would you be able to with us your App ID and Ad Unit IDs as well as those consent screenshots (indicating those checkboxes) via this email address (mobileads...@gmail.com). We're asking this to further visualize the issue as we're unable to replicate this on our end. Once shared, we'll be raising this with the rest of the team to have their insights on this.

Regards,
Mark Albios
Mobile Ads SDK Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q23KgpG:ref

Andreas Bartels

Aug 17, 2020, 6:34:22 AM8/17/20
to Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor Prod, dejan...@gmail.com, eric.b...@gmail.com, google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Here are two screenshots, I'm basically doing the following:

a) Display consent dialog and tap the button [1] to consent to everything ("Einwilligen" in german translation)

b) After that, when I read the binary string IABTCF_PurposeConsents from SharedPreferences, it is "1111111011", meaning that the user actually did opt in to most of the purposes.

c) Then, I open the consent dialog again, but this time tap button [2] ("Optionen verwalten") to see detailed options.

d) There, I see that all of the consent options default to "off" (for example switches [3] and [4], which should be purpose IDs 1 and 2), although the user already opted in to all of these purposes in step (a).

e) If I then tap "Send" and have a look at the binary string in SharedPreferences again, it is now set to "0", meaning that the user opted out of everything they opted in to before, even if they just wanted to opt out of a single option (or, worse, just opened the details out of curiousity).

I don't know if sending my App and Ad Unit IDs is really necessary - but I have to say that the mail address given looks a bit suspicious. Isn't there an @google.com address to use?
Screenshot_20200817-121659.png
Screenshot_20200817-121617.png
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Robot Android

Aug 17, 2020, 7:37:59 AM8/17/20
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Correct mail  mobileadstesting99 @ gmail .com

Eric Bruyère

Aug 17, 2020, 8:11:13 AM8/17/20
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
For me it's exactly the same problem as Andreas. See attachments, this behavior has no relation to the Admob account. It's like that for all publishers ...

There are a lot of things the user needs to approve for ads to display as explained here : https://support.google.com/admanager/answer/9805023?hl=en&ref_topic=9760861

Consent policies: Personalized & Non-Personalized Ads

As communicated in August 2019, our interoperability guidance is intended to reflect Google's existing policy requirements, in particular the requirements of Google's EU User Consent policy and our policies against fingerprinting for identification (for example, those contained in our Requirements for Third-party Ad Serving). Google’s policies continue to apply and are more restrictive than TCF v2.0 in some cases.

Publishers should review the registration settings for the vendors they choose to work with via the TCF v2.0. The following requirements apply specifically when Google is a vendor in the publishers’ CMP.

Google will serve personalized ads when all of the following criteria are met:

  • The end user grants Google consent to:
    • Store and/or access information on a device (Purpose 1)
    • Create a personalized ads profile (Purposes 3)
    • Select personalized ads (Purposes 4)
  • Legitimate interest (or consent, where a publisher configures their CMP to request it) is established for Google to:
    • Select basic ads (Purpose 2)
    • Measure ad performance (Purpose 7)
    • Apply market research to generate audience insights (Purpose 9)
    • Develop and improve products (Purpose 10)

If the consent requirements for personalized ads are not met, Google will serve non-personalized ads when all of the following criteria are met:

  • The end user grants Google consent to:
    • Store and/or access information on a device (Purpose 1)
  • Legitimate interest (or consent, where a publisher configures their CMP to request it) is established for Google to:
    • Select basic ads (Purpose 2)
    • Measure ad performance (Purpose 7)
    • Apply market research to generate audience insights (Purpose 9)
    • Develop and improve products (Purpose 10)

And this is a problem from the first request for consent because if the user simply wants to see the options then click on "Submit" without touching anything else, no advertising will be displayed.

Screenshot_20200817-134712 - 1.jpgScreenshot_20200817-134730 - 2.jpg

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor Prod

Aug 17, 2020, 9:55:41 AM8/17/20
to eric.b...@gmail.com, google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone,

I work with Mark and will assist. Thank you all for your suggestions, for the visualization of the problem and for airing your concerns. I will bring your concerns and requests up with the rest of my team:
  1. Can there be any default checked off boxes in the "Manage Consent" screen - even to allow non personalized adds?
  2. Can prior consent be reflected in the "Manage Consent" form? User still has the option to opt out of what they already gave consent to.
  3. By defaulting the "Manage Consent" form to all no, users won't get ads even though that wasn't their original intention when opening the dialog - there will be many curious users who will open the form and then just press "submit" inadvertently turning off consent.
  4. Could there be buttons that populate consent check boxes in the "Manage Consent" form based on amount of free app functionality desired?
Prior consent handling has been brought up to the team already and is being looked in to.

In the meantime, to manage user's expectations of how much consent gives how much access to app functionality, the manage consent screen can be edited to reflect what your app will allow based on the amount of consent offered. To implement access controls to your app based on different amounts of consent, you can read user consent decisions from Shared Preferences in Android and NSUserDefaults in iOS just like vendors do as described here

Regards,
Aryeh Baker

mydevelo...@gmail.com

Aug 17, 2020, 10:01:57 AM8/17/20
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
I want to try  User Messaging Platform . When I show form and choise Consent or do not consent our ads does not show. What is the problem? I think this SDK is doesn't work true.

My code is;

public class MainActivity extends AppCompatActivity {

private AdView mAdView;
private Context context = this;
private ConsentInformation consentInformation;
private ConsentForm consentForm;

@Override
protected void onCreate(Bundle savedInstanceState) {
super.onCreate(savedInstanceState);
setContentView(R.layout.activity_main);

MobileAds.initialize(this,
"xxxxxxxx");
mAdView = findViewById(R.id.adView);

ConsentDebugSettings debugSettings = new ConsentDebugSettings.Builder(this)
.setDebugGeography(ConsentDebugSettings
.DebugGeography
.DEBUG_GEOGRAPHY_EEA)
.addTestDeviceHashedId("XXXXXXXX")
.build();

ConsentRequestParameters params = new ConsentRequestParameters
.Builder()
.setConsentDebugSettings(debugSettings)
.build();

consentInformation = UserMessagingPlatform.getConsentInformation(this);
consentInformation.requestConsentInfoUpdate(
this,
params,
new ConsentInformation.OnConsentInfoUpdateSuccessListener() {
@Override
public void onConsentInfoUpdateSuccess() {
// The consent information state was updated.
// You are now ready to check if a form is available.
if (consentInformation.isConsentFormAvailable()) {
loadForm();
}
}
},
new ConsentInformation.OnConsentInfoUpdateFailureListener() {
@Override
public void onConsentInfoUpdateFailure(FormError formError) {
// Handle the error.
}
});

AdRequest adRequest = new AdRequest.Builder().build();
mAdView.loadAd(adRequest);

}

public void loadForm(){
UserMessagingPlatform.loadConsentForm(
this,
new UserMessagingPlatform.OnConsentFormLoadSuccessListener() {
@Override
public void onConsentFormLoadSuccess(ConsentForm consentForm) {
MainActivity.this.consentForm = consentForm;
if(consentInformation.getConsentStatus() == ConsentInformation.ConsentStatus.REQUIRED) {
consentForm.show(
MainActivity.this,
new ConsentForm.OnConsentFormDismissedListener() {
@Override
public void onConsentFormDismissed(@Nullable FormError formError) {
// Handle dismissal by reloading form.
loadForm();
}
});

}

}
},
new UserMessagingPlatform.OnConsentFormLoadFailureListener() {
@Override
public void onConsentFormLoadFailure(FormError formError) {
/// Handle Error.
}
}
);
}

Robot Android

Aug 17, 2020, 10:10:33 AM8/17/20
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
You add "Google Advertising Products" in Funding Choices?

понедельник, 17 августа 2020 г. в 21:01:57 UTC+7, mydevelo...@gmail.com:

Eric Bruyère

Aug 17, 2020, 10:13:05 AM8/17/20
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Google Advertising Products is Admob ?

Robot Android

Aug 17, 2020, 10:15:00 AM8/17/20
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Yes!

понедельник, 17 августа 2020 г. в 21:13:05 UTC+7

Eric Bruyère

Aug 17, 2020, 10:22:52 AM8/17/20
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Thanks,

Is it possible to also request that we can activate consent messages in several languages at the same time on Funding Choice ?

And that the message which is in the user's language is displayed to him (with a default language if there is no message available in his language) ?

Because currently you can only publish one message in one language at the same time on Funding Choice.

And so all European users have the same message.

Showing a consent message that is not in the user's language is likely to cause a lot of frustration and denial.

Eric

Eric Bruyère

Aug 17, 2020, 10:23:29 AM8/17/20
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Thanks a lot,

mydevelo...@gmail.com

Aug 17, 2020, 10:38:56 AM8/17/20
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Yes I added

mydevelo...@gmail.com

Aug 18, 2020, 1:13:05 AM8/18/20
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
I will continue to use the old eu consent library until this sdk is fixed.

fran...@gmail.com

Aug 20, 2020, 1:18:14 PM8/20/20
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Hi Admob Team

So you are aware of all the problems which developers have mentioned here ?  Will there be any fixes /improvements soon ?

I cannot use the new sdk if the user does not agree or he hits the sending button in options.

Then even no non personalized ads will be shown.

At this state it is impossible to integrate the new ump sdk because no ads will be shown anymore

We must have an option to finish the app or to show at least "non personalized ads"

to make sure that we do not have to offer our apps for free still have our income with ads.

Frank
Message has been deleted

luis...@gmail.com

Sep 27, 2020, 3:05:01 AM9/27/20
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
I manage to show the forms as expected but if an EEA user clicks the "manage options" button and then "submit" no ads will be shown at all.
All the switches in the form are OFF by default (I really can't understand why)

I would expect that if a user clicks the "manage options" button and the "submit" non personalized ads would be shown but that is not the case.

UMPConsentInformation.sharedInstance.consentType will always be .unknown

I can't use UMP until this gets fixed

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor Prod

Sep 28, 2020, 2:36:00 AM9/28/20
to luis...@gmail.com, google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi there,

Would it be possible for you to provide a project (or at least a test project) where the issue is reproducible? Kindly send the requested details via via Reply privately to author option.

Regards,
Google Logo
Teejay Wennie Pimentel
Mobile Ads SDK Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q25XEZq:ref

AndreasB

Sep 28, 2020, 6:25:09 AM9/28/20
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Teejay, I'm amazed by the way complaints in this forum are handled with this tone deaf way of just pasting the same scripted lines repeatedly.

Luis (?; sorry, can't see the full name) didn't bring up anything new that they would need to prove with an example project, but just repeated what a whole bunch of us already stated time and again, both in this thread and in others since before UMP was even fully published in its current form.

If you like, I can create a sample project and host it on GitHub for everyone to see, but it is as easy as starting a new, empty Android project and adding nothing but this consent form to it. Open it once and accept everything, then open it another time, tap through to the second screen and save without changing anything. After the first form closes, the user will have accepted 9 out of 10 available purposes (the string stored in SharedPreferences will be "1111111011") - but after the second form closes, the user will have opted out of all of them (string will be "0"), even if they had already opted in before.

Asking your users to jump through even more hoops is not something that you should be doing if fixing existing issues is the real goal here. All of this feels more like stalling to me.

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor Prod

Sep 28, 2020, 9:29:01 AM9/28/20
to ndrs...@gmail.com, google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi AndreasB,

Thank you for bringing your issue to our attention. I work along with Teejay and will assisting you today.

We understand the frustration of this, but we ask for these items to look into what could be causing the issue. Not everyone is necessarily implementing the same way or has the same libraries or frameworks. We do this to look more into what could be happening and see what other people are doing. As we do not always see all the possible ways of doing something or the various combinations that could be causing the issue.

Do know that we have brought this up to our team and have been looking into this constantly.

Regards,
Google Logo
William Pescherine
Mobile Ads SDK Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q25XEZq:ref

AndreasB

Sep 28, 2020, 9:54:16 AM9/28/20
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
William, thanks for your reply. I fully understand that, in the general case, differences in implementation might cause issues that are hard to track or understand without having access to a minimal reproducible example.

In this specific case, though, all that is necessary to do is to copy/paste from your own guide as published here: https://developers.google.com/admob/ump/android/quick-start
It's not as if any one of us is adding some arcane voodoo magic that makes things fail although they shouldn't - it fails, simply because your implementation of the consent form does not read the exact same data that it might have written before, and in consequence does not use that readily available data to toggle one or another switch from OFF to ON when presenting the form to users a second time.

This is a straight-forward fix, if you want this to be fixed. If you really consider this to work as intended for whatever reasons (and I can't think of any good ones), the honest thing to do would be to at least mention this fact in the same guide as linked to above.

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor Prod

Sep 28, 2020, 11:28:48 AM9/28/20
to ndrs...@gmail.com, google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi AndreasB,

Thank you for the response back, I want you to know that we have been listening to everything that everyone has been saying. Please know that we have talked with our team about this and really are doing everything we can to let them know what all the people have been saying about this issue.

I want you to know that I have brought this issue to our team and we have talked about it. I am making sure even as I speak with you now, that my team is made aware of this issue. We are doing everything we can for you.

arla...@gmail.com

Nov 3, 2020, 12:05:15 PM11/3/20
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Hello,
I'm having the same identical problems:
 - "Manage Options" form always initialized with ALL settings disabled (regardless of what user have previously selected)
 - if we does not explicitelly set some settings (it happens if the users submit default from "manage options"), Ads is NEVER displayed.

I think that advertising supported Apps should always be able to display ads (even if not personalized). Does GDPR tell something different?

Now we are in november, is there any incoming fix?
Or the common behaviuor depends on some other reasons (maybe the App with UMP not yet released)
How other developers in this thread have managed these limitations?

I want to add another usefull request:
- I think that the ConsentInfo should be called in a way like "setCancelable( true )", because the User must be able to view again the consent dialog and the second time (with consent already granted) maybe he want to leave the dialog without doing modification, or, after having done some modification, he do not want to apply them.

Thanks,

Lear

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor Prod

Nov 3, 2020, 3:19:57 PM11/3/20
to arla...@gmail.com, google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi there,

Thank you for bringing these points up. Let me summarize for clarity's sake:
  1. When clicking "Manage Options" the last known consent doesn't populate the form. Instead everything except for "Legitimate interests" is in the unselected position.
  2. There's no way to display last known consent and make it actionable to user.
  3. There's no way for a user to cancel an attempted change in consent once form is loaded.
  4. Once "Manage Options" is pressed by user the big submit button is too easily pressed, causing the equivalent of no consent being given.
  5. When no consent is given not even non personalized ads show.
What you are requesting is:
  1. Last known consent should be accessible and actionable as much as or more than the "manage consent" option.
  2. At least there should be a way to cancel changing from consent already given.
  3. Non personalized ads should deliver without consent.
  4. Change the "Submit" button to something more ominous - like "I'm agreeing to consent" so that users won't just press it and publishers end up with no consent.
It's possible that some mediation partners will want to deliver ads without consent.

Let me bring these requests up to my team. You may monitor our release notes (Android and iOS ) for an update.

Regards,

Google Logo
Aryeh Baker
Mobile Ads SDK Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q25XEZq:ref

fran...@gmail.com

Nov 4, 2020, 3:25:18 PM11/4/20
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Hi

this is not really correct that it is not possible to read the saved values. I do not know how you did program UMP but it
should be also possible to read any maybe preset the values.

But to be honest that going to options and hitting "Submit" without doing "anything" is resulting in
serve no ads anymore is really the worst solution. It is pretty weird that the the settings from the agree page to
the options page are not overtaken even if the user does not change any little value.

If i go back from options to the main page with the agree button it works again too.

Hey guys. look at my solution here to get "at least" the information if ads are served or not served with a little
class after the form is dismissed. If ads are not served then you could maybe make a dialog to explain the situation with offering to change
the mind and accept ads with loading the form again or block all important functions (make a trial version to test). Then you legally offer your
app but maybe with 90 % restrictions.

There is no other chance i think. It is more than legal like before to offer a limited version/test version or buy a pro version or use a test app.

Frank

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor Prod

Nov 4, 2020, 4:00:14 PM11/4/20
to fran...@gmail.com, google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi Frank,

Thank you for your input - although we cannot support your solutions, everything that adds to help publishers with monetizing their app is welcome. Let me bring up to my team your methods and approach to matching access to app to monetization as a request if we could support such methods. You can monitor our release notes for updates

arla...@gmail.com

Nov 24, 2020, 6:18:54 AM11/24/20
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Hello, any update?
Android version of UMP is still the 1.0 of July.
iOS version has just reached the 1.4

Hope we will get an update soon.

Lear

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor Prod

Nov 24, 2020, 10:36:53 AM11/24/20
to arla...@gmail.com, google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi there,

I raised your request for the prior consent to show to user up again with my team. You may monitor our release notes for an update.

mydevelo...@gmail.com

Dec 8, 2020, 3:12:27 AM12/8/20
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Hi Everybody,

Today is 8th December 2020. UMP release is still in 1.0.0. It's really hard to understand that Mobile Ads SDK team isn't doing anything about it. You say, follow the release notes continuously, until when will we follow up? No updates since July 2020.

Best Regards,
Mehmet

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor Prod

Dec 8, 2020, 12:01:23 PM12/8/20
to mydevelo...@gmail.com, google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi there,

An elaboration on how this is affecting you is welcome. The Mobile Ads SDK gets consent from the TFC string stored in Shared Preferences and any Consent Management Solution that handles the TFC string should be compatible with the Mobile Ads SDK.

Thanh Trần Đức

Dec 10, 2020, 10:37:07 AM12/10/20