UMP consent form is not available

thschaer

Feb 1, 2021, 3:12:08 AM2/1/21
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Hello

I have made a Funding Choices account, created a consent form and published it, added the app ID and internet permissions to the manifest but isConsentFormAvailable always returns false.
Thank you for your time
Capture.PNG

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor Prod

Feb 1, 2021, 12:26:39 PM2/1/21
to thsch...@gmail.com, google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi there,

Thank you for bringing this no consent form available query to us. I just now made my own consent app and made sure the hashed device Id was correct for my Xiaomi MI A1 Android 10 device and the consent form was available and showed.

Could you make certain that "addTestDeviceHashedId" has the correct device Id (you can check in the log cat if it isn't - then device Id will show up)? Could you also check the app Id is correct? If this doesn't help, via "Reply to author" could you send your app Id? You can also send the app Id to our testing alias mobileads...@gmail.com with a post on this thread once you have done so.

Regards,

Google Logo
Aryeh Baker
Mobile Ads SDK Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2Bccz0:ref
Message has been deleted

thschaer

Feb 1, 2021, 1:02:08 PM2/1/21
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers

Hello Aryeh

I uncommented the debug settings and added the app ID there again as well as the test device hashed id like so:

Capture.PNG

I also double checked the app ID in the manifest.The consentform is still not available, neither on my Samsung S10+ nor the emulated Pixel 3a. I will reply to you with my AdMobApp ID

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor Prod

Feb 1, 2021, 2:25:47 PM2/1/21
to thsch...@gmail.com, google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi there,

Did you add your app Id to the AndroidManifest? I didn't need to add it in the code and it worked.

thschaer

Feb 1, 2021, 4:18:28 PM2/1/21
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
I fixed the issue by going into my funding choices account, setting Ads for EU to non-personalised and back to personalised and this somehow fixed it and the form shows up now.

regl...@gmail.com

Feb 11, 2021, 5:15:08 AM2/11/21
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Hi thschaer,
When I click on manage options or declining consent then no ads is showing, are you facing similar isssye ??

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor Prod

Feb 11, 2021, 8:56:27 AM2/11/21
to thsch...@gmail.com, google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi there,

This is working as intended, in How IAB requirements affect EU consent messages,  it states that the default state of each consent toggle in your EU consent message is set to “no consent,” “no opt-in,” or “off.” If you use Funding Choices as your CMP, this means that users who select “Manage options” in the consent message see that each purpose is set to “Do not consent.” To learn more, visit the IAB Europe’s Appendix B, Policy C(d

If consent is declined,
in AdMob & AdSense program policies Publisher integration with the IAB TCF v2.0 it states:

If the consent requirements for personalized ads are not met, Google will serve non-personalized ads when all of the following criteria are met:

  • The end user grants Google consent to:
    • Store and/or access information on a device (Purpose 1)
  • Legitimate interest (or consent, where a publisher configures their CMP to request it) is established for Google to:
    • Select basic ads (Purpose 2)
    • Measure ad performance (Purpose 7)
    • Apply market research to generate audience insights (Purpose 9)
    • Develop and improve products (Purpose 10)

mic...@bukacek.cz

Mar 1, 2021, 4:44:03 PM3/1/21
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Hi,
What if the user does not consent but clicks on manage options.  Here, everything is in a state of disagreement.
He won't read anything and cough it up, because over time he'll learn that this is the best way to handle his data and he'll be sure I won't pass it on to anyone.
Me in onConsentFormLoadSuccess
consentInformation.getConsentStatus () == ConsentInformation.ConsentStatus.OBTAINED
using SharedPreferences and IABTCF_PurposeConsents I find out that He disagreed and even that He disagreed with any ad provider IABTCF_VendorConsents = "",
So now tell me what to do ..?

Show message you do not have consent do you want to try again? or turn off the app ... These are the people upset and it leads to uninstalls ..
If I request an ad at this time and initialize Admob banners, it leads to error 1.2 that I do not agree and request the ad, but Google will not provide it anyway, so why ask. After all, just checking whether he has filled it in is at least in agreement with points 1,2,7,9,10 and then asking for advertising.

It is also stupid that I have to ask those people for their permits if I want non-personnel advertising globally for the whole of Europe to account for clicks and thinking to people from the EU ... that's not the case.

This is the beginning of the end of advertising, at least in the EU

Advise me on how to do this as optimally as possible in terms of installing the application, user satisfaction, and maintaining advertising profits, or at least maintaining a profit from non-personalized ads.

Thanks of All Google.
Michal

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor Prod

Mar 2, 2021, 12:35:16 AM3/2/21
to mic...@bukacek.cz, google-adm...@googlegroups.com

Hi there,

Thank you for your message and for sharing your insights regarding the issue.

Please do note that ads may not serve to users who don’t consent to certain purposes. This ad serving is all based on the criteria being met on consent policies with regard to Personalized and Non-Personalized Ads (more information here). So regardless whether the user does not provide consent and clicks on the manage option but not met the required criterias, any ads will not be served as purposely.

As part of the EU user consent policy you must ensure that certain disclosures are given to, and consents obtained from, end users in the EEA along with the UK. If you fail to comply with this policy, we may limit or suspend your use of the Google product and/or terminate your agreement.

Thus, it is recommended that you request an update of the consent information at every app launch. This will determine whether or not your user needs to provide consent.

Let me know if you have further questions or clarifications.

Regards,

Google Logo
Sherwin Diesta
Mobile Ads SDK Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2Bccz0:ref

mic...@bukacek.cz

Mar 2, 2021, 5:57:10 AM3/2/21
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Yes, I use it and I think I follow all the rules, but I still have one question for you.
I know you won't give me such information, but I'll ask anyway:
None of my users can fill out such an extensive form. To agree with at least so many points 1,2,7,9,10. So I have 0% non-personalized ads. Of course, there is a possibility, but in reality no one can fill it in and would rather send a default form where everything is set to "disagree", simply because it's easier and faster.

My question is whether this is the case with other developers and they have the same problem, or just my application is used by a group of people who cannot fill it to lead to non-personalized advertising. Is there any application in the EU that displays non-personalized advertising, because after entering the "Manange options" option, their users managed to fill in the form? I know it's a stupid question, I am able fill in that form, but because I've studied it and because I am developer, it is my job.
I understand that Google also respects EU rules and that it wasn't invented by Google, so with help of the SDK Consent tries to make it easier for developers ... but it's still frustrating. Time gets worse and worse, and one day everything will make you have to pay for every stupidity. This is the beginning of the end of the ads.

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor Prod

Mar 2, 2021, 11:55:34 AM3/2/21
to mic...@bukacek.cz, google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Thank you for the response back. Allow me as best we can regarding your question. In general we have seen that it is mixed. Some people have no issue and some just do not want to waste the time. Some have a few to go through and some have a ton. So it is not just a simple everyone or no one sees it. As we have also seen, that while you might be concerned about everyone optioning out. It does not seem like it,. Also for the personalized/non-personalized. This appears to be working as we expect. That in general any issues you are seeing has nothing to do with the UMP SDK itself.

Regards,
Google Logo
William Pescherine
Mobile Ads SDK Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2Bccz0:ref

Papa Muoy

Mar 2, 2021, 2:54:54 PM3/2/21
to Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor Prod, mic...@bukacek.cz, google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Oii

<mobileadssdk...@gmail.com>:
> Hi,
>
> Thank you for the response back. Allow me as best we can regarding your
> question. In general we have seen that it is mixed. Some people have no
> issue and some just do not want to waste the time. Some have a few to go
> through and some have a ton. So it is not just a simple everyone or no one
> sees it. As we have also seen, that while you might be concerned about
> everyone optioning out. It does not seem like it,. Also for the
> personalized/non-personalized. This appears to be working as we expect. That
> in general any issues you are seeing has nothing to do with the UMP SDK
> itself.
>
> Regards,
>
> William Pescherine
> Mobile Ads SDK Team
> ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2Bccz0:ref
>
> --
>
> ---
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-admob-ads-sdk/8mevb000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000QPCPO300nvqqENXKRZCpzaIudDfWoA%40sfdc.net.

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor Prod

Mar 2, 2021, 3:42:11 PM3/2/21
to papa...@gmail.com, mic...@bukacek.cz, google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi there,

Are you looking for assistance implementing the Mobile Ads SDK into apps? If so, kindly open a separate thread in this forum.

Regards,

Google Logo
Aryeh Baker
Mobile Ads SDK Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2Bccz0:ref

mic...@bukacek.cz

Mar 3, 2021, 3:57:22 AM3/3/21
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
I don't have a problem with implementation, only about half of the people in the EU are without ads.

I think you could consider the idea of making update "Funding options form", you could add one button "Consent to minimum", to make this form user friendly.
    Button 1: Consent - Personalized ads
    Button 2: Consent to minimum- Not-personalized ads
    Button 3: Manage options
Alternatively, Button 4: Disagree

Michal

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor Prod

Mar 3, 2021, 4:59:48 AM3/3/21
to mic...@bukacek.cz, google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi Michal,

Thank you for your suggestion. I can communicate a feature request on your behalf regarding this, but is not guaranteed that it will be supported anytime soon. Could you please provide a business use case supporting your request, so I could relay this to the team?

Regards,
Google Logo
Teejay Wennie Pimentel
Mobile Ads SDK Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2Bccz0:ref

mic...@bukacek.cz

Mar 3, 2021, 7:16:03 AM3/3/21
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
I have no other example than that my customers are divided into two groups, one that agrees with everything (personalized advertising) and the second group, where users click on "manage option" and does not manage it or does not want to manage it or have no time to do it, I do not know but this second group is without ads completely because their settings do not match even non-personalized ads.
So button "Consent to minimum" should be for users, which want non - personalized ads, but have no time, or knowledge, or skils to manage it itselves.
Michal

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor Prod

Mar 3, 2021, 8:00:15 AM3/3/21
to mic...@bukacek.cz, google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi Michal,

Could you give us metrics on the size of the groups that try to "manage consent" or don't consent at all? You may be able match error report number of errors in the past 7 days as described here in the errors section to your full traffic.

Regards,

Google Logo
Aryeh Baker
Mobile Ads SDK Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2Bccz0:ref

mic...@bukacek.cz

Mar 8, 2021, 2:58:57 PM3/8/21
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
I'm happy to provide you with everything that can help me get my ad profit back.
I just don't know exactly what you want to know what metrics to send.
On fundingchoices.google.com  I have in the reports last 7 days 21001  form view.   Estimated earnings with ads allowed $0.00,  GDPR  agreement rate 67%   Degree of own consent 17%
In the reports on AdMob I have 20 runs of my old version app with error 1.2 that are from older versions of the application and I hope that it will disappear soon. New version of my apps before running banner, will check if he has consents (1,2,7,9,10) and then I will ask for a banner.

I now have many new reviews for my app..
For example (German) :
Bisher war ich mit dieser App sehr zufrieden, aber seit kurzem will man für irgendwelche Drittanbieter meine persönlichen Daten haben, sorry aber so nicht. Hier hat Mal wieder jemand seine Seele verkauft, schade.Solche Apps braucht man nicht, die nur ausspionieren wollen, dafür brauchen sie die persönlichen Daten. Das greift immer mehr um sich. Ich bezahle, wenn das möglich ist lieber einen festen Betrag, und hab meine Ruhe, und die Kontrolle über meine persönlichen Daten.

I am trying to explain them that I just respect the new guidelines regarding GDPR, that I do not steal any of their personal data and that it was same before, this consent with using of personal data, but in app was an old type of form with consent, which had only two options - personalized and non personalized ad, but the result with the data was the same.

At the very least, please think about the possibility add to the consent form the button "minimal consent - non personalized ads" there as I wrote last time, a non-personalized advertisement, and I would put the manage option somewhere graphically separately.

Be healthy and safe.
Thanks for the help.
Michal

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor Prod

Mar 8, 2021, 3:48:36 PM3/8/21
to mic...@bukacek.cz, google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi Michal,

Thank you for reporting back to me, I gather that last week you didn't earn anything from ads and you have a 67% agreement rate and 17% of own consent in the EU.

I raised up with my team your request for an option to only ask permission from users for non personalized ads, along with the post from your user. You may monitor our release notes for an update.