Mesh refinement in a dual phase grain structure

Ritam Chatterjee

Apr 14, 2022, 7:44:34 AMApr 14
to dream3d-users
Dear Colleagues,
I am trying to introduce mesh refinement in a dual phase grain structure using "Resample data" filter. I came across this thread https://groups.google.com/g/dream3d-users/c/912VaJgYumU and it helped. I am seeing mesh refinement in the structures but the grain structures are different. How can I obtain mesh refinement while keeping the grain structure same? My .json file and grain structures are attached.
Warm regards,
Ritam Chatterjee
IIT Bombay, India
beta_transformed_Ti64_mesh1.json
phases_mesh3.png
features_mesh2.png
phases_mesh1.png
features_mesh1.png
phases_mesh2.png
features_mesh3.png

Ritam Chatterjee

Apr 15, 2022, 11:57:30 AMApr 15
to dream3d-users
Hi everyone,
I was able to solve the problem by reading the grain structure information from a file as described in http://www.dream3d.io/Filters/SyntheticBuildingFilters/PackPrimaryPhases/. In pipeline 1 for Mesh 1, I created a coarse mesh grain structure with "Generate feature" option in "Pack primary features". I then exported a file with grain centroids, axes lengths etc. using “Export ASCII Data” filter as described in https://groups.google.com/g/dream3d-users/c/rwgSzEFplGU/m/DAgx2qF2AQAJ. In pipeline 2 for Mesh 2, I read this file using "Already have features" in "Pack primary features" and used "Resample data" to refine the mesh. Some results are attached.
Ritam
features_mesh4.png
phases_mesh3.png
features_mesh3.png