Any good Android newsreaders?

已查看 31 次
跳至第一个未读帖子

Cameo

未读,
2019年8月4日 22:34:512019/8/4
收件人
Can anybody recommend a decent Android newsreader? A Thunderbird
look-alike would be nice.

SniqL

未读,
2019年8月4日 22:39:132019/8/4
收件人
On 5-8-2019 09:34, Cameo wrote:
> Can anybody recommend a decent Android newsreader? A Thunderbird
> look-alike would be nice.
Bluemail

Arlen G. Holder

未读,
2019年8月4日 23:03:312019/8/4
收件人
It's a perennial question on this Android newsgroup based on a search of
o <http://tinyurl.com/comp-mobile-android>
o <http://comp.mobile.android.narkive.com>

For example, that quick search going back to 2013 to today shows...
o NewsGroups Reader?
<https://groups.google.com/d/msg/comp.mobile.android/YItrIJse2xE/7fSKbEk0XU4J>

o usenet (newsgroups) client
<https://groups.google.com/d/msg/comp.mobile.android/O2VpXujyahA/TXshafU_qFoJ>

o What's a good freeware Android nntp newsreader (other than Zoldar Groundhog)?
<https://groups.google.com/d/msg/comp.mobile.android/ZGItZa2tBV4/0wHyr-FgAWUJ>

o Newsreader app?
<https://groups.google.com/d/msg/comp.mobile.android/eku_mPUjukE/H1bzyB5i0oUJ>

o Re: Android newsreaders <-- L00k If you use one or want to see a new one
<https://groups.google.com/d/msg/comp.mobile.android/MNfuOAYniEQ/z71tgLUNfVAJ>

o What is a good free Usenet news reader for Android?
<https://groups.google.com/d/msg/comp.mobile.android/WUX6T9ADy60/Qtl0I571BwAJ>

o Android newsreader app that can proxy?
<https://groups.google.com/d/msg/comp.mobile.android/K2Y4L1cqTIs/Vd9Z72oeBgAJ>

o Android Newsgroup Reader that doesn't suck?
<https://groups.google.com/d/msg/comp.mobile.android/VcfzxGq1MA8/SOLPc6bOEAAJ>

o Most populair and useful usenet client for text
<https://groups.google.com/d/msg/comp.mobile.android/KmCRrjjfIKs/Uvi8KqgPCQAJ>

o Anyone ever manage to get any android usenet reader to work? :)
<https://groups.google.com/d/msg/comp.mobile.android/BC7va1QK0Yc/Hrq7EUqKAgAJ>

o What are the most fundamental basic apps that are (apparently) lacking on Android?
<https://groups.google.com/d/msg/comp.mobile.android/SZk_fXWqg88/tXgj7P-yBgAJ>

And others that might not have the keyword I used of "newsreader".

You might also try alt.free.newsreaders
o <http://tinyurl.com/alt-free-newsreaders>
o <http://alt.free.newsreaders.narkive.com>

123456789

未读,
2019年8月5日 09:58:502019/8/5
收件人
Cameo wrote:

> Can anybody recommend a decent Android newsreader?

I've never found a good Android newsreader (IMO). Though
I've tried several over the years my favorite is an older
version of Groundhog. But Groundhog also has its quirks like
not working on tablets with hardware home/back buttons (like
some Samsung tablets).

> Thunderbird look-alike would be nice.

You might try an Android Windows emulator app called
CrossOver. I'm currently posting this using the Windows app
SeaMonkey (fork of Thunderbird) on an Android 7.1.1 device
(Chromebook). However IMO Thunderbird/SeaMonkey would make
for a lousy tablet/phone experience. YMMV.

Ralph Fox

未读,
2019年8月5日 14:32:532019/8/5
收件人
On Mon, 5 Aug 2019 06:58:47 -0700, 123456789 wrote:

> Cameo wrote:
>
>> Can anybody recommend a decent Android newsreader?

--snip--

>> Thunderbird look-alike would be nice.
>
> You might try an Android Windows emulator app called
> CrossOver. I'm currently posting this using the Windows app
> SeaMonkey (fork of Thunderbird) on an Android 7.1.1 device
> (Chromebook). However IMO Thunderbird/SeaMonkey would make
> for a lousy tablet/phone experience. YMMV.

Chromebooks have x86 CPUs, but most Android devices have ARM CPUs.

AFAIK CrossOver does not emulate a different CPU (ARM vs x86).

The OP may need a version of Thunderbird compiled for ARM CPUs,
e.g. a Thunderbird for Windows RT.

--
Kind regards
Ralph

Eli the Bearded

未读,
2019年8月5日 14:42:492019/8/5
收件人
In comp.mobile.android, Cameo <ca...@unreal.invalid> wrote:
> Can anybody recommend a decent Android newsreader? A Thunderbird
> look-alike would be nice.

Install Termux, then compile trn.

(Or pine / mutt / slrn / emacs to taste.)

Elijah
------
got trn4 working on his phone

XS11E

未读,
2019年8月5日 16:31:202019/8/5
收件人
Cameo <ca...@unreal.invalid> wrote:

> Can anybody recommend a decent Android newsreader? A Thunderbird
> look-alike would be nice.

There are Android newsreaders and there are decent newsreaders (one of
which is NOT Thunderbird IMHO!) but there are no decent Android
newsreaders. I tried most and gave up, I read newsgroups only on my
PC.

The Usenet Improvement Project:

s|b

未读,
2019年8月6日 16:47:502019/8/6
收件人
On Sun, 4 Aug 2019 19:34:50 -0700, Cameo wrote:

> Can anybody recommend a decent Android newsreader? A Thunderbird
> look-alike would be nice.

There aren't any. Or so I've read here many times...

--
s|b

Cameo

未读,
2019年8月6日 21:38:402019/8/6
收件人
That's a mail-only client and I am looking for Usenet newsreaders.

Cameo

未读,
2019年8月6日 21:41:052019/8/6
收件人
Thanks. I guess that's the final word.

SniqL

未读,
2019年8月7日 02:31:342019/8/7
收件人
Sorry, i saw 'Thunderbird' and I have that as email reader, so ...

Rachel Phillips

未读,
2019年8月8日 13:02:102019/8/8
收件人
inoreader and it works in chrome(not sure if firefox or safari) browser so you can also have same feeds on your desktop
it has good share and star on the mobile app so you can go back to article you want to read later

123456789

未读,
2019年8月8日 14:01:062019/8/8
收件人
Rachel Phillips wrote:

> inoreader and it works in chrome(not sure if firefox or safari) browser

That's not the type of newsreader being asked about. But you
being from Google Groups I can see the misunderstanding.
Though you can read and post here, this is not Google
Groups. Perhaps these will help...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usenet

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Usenet_newsreaders

0 个新帖子