Still alive? :-)

Zala Pierre GOUPIL

Feb 9, 2016, 7:11:48 AM2/9/16
to Cettia
Hi guys,

It looks like the last commit on Cettia is 7 months-old. Too bad... Is there any status, please?

Plus, I'd really like to know what JF Arcand is doing now. If I understood correctly, he doesn't do Open Source anymore, is he?

And: it looks like the only commiter on Cettia is flowersinthesand. Is that true?

So, is Cettia the real future of Atmosphere? Or is Atmosphere an orphan project?

Thanks a lot & regards,

Zala

Donghwan Kim

Feb 10, 2016, 5:45:45 AM2/10/16
to Zala Pierre GOUPIL, Cettia, JeanFrancois Arcand
Hi Zala,

Cettia is a fork of Atmosphere [1][2] and has the only one committer, me, now as you said. And, I don't think that I'm the right person to answer the questions about Jeanfrancois and Atmosphere since I haven't been active on Atmosphere for a long time.

As for the status of the project, it's still alive. https://youtu.be/Y6ljFaKRTrI Asity's the first beta (aka Cettia Java Platform) will be released this week, and now only binary support feature and some protocol refinement are supposed for 1.0.

Zala Pierre GOUPIL

Feb 11, 2016, 6:57:00 PM2/11/16
to Donghwan Kim, JeanFrancois Arcand, Cettia

Hi there,

So Cettia is a fork of Atmosphere? I thought it was a totally new beast. Anyway, I'm glad to hear that the project is still pretty active.

What would be the best path in order to start studying Cettia's source code? I mean: what are the main classes?

And what is the minimal Java version it needs, please?

Regards,

Zala

Donghwan Kim

Feb 12, 2016, 11:43:08 AM2/12/16
to Zala Pierre GOUPIL, JeanFrancois Arcand, Cettia
Hi,

Actually Cettia is designed to contain all the functionalities of Atmosphere without sharing the same codebase, so you can understand that it is a brand new beast.

The main classes are Socket and ServerSocket.
http://cettia.io/projects/cettia-java-server/1.0.0-Alpha2/reference/ (If you want to run working examples, find 'examples' on the reference page.)

And, Java 7 is the minimum version although most examples are written in Java 8 for the sake of simplicity.

Thanks,

-- Donghwan

Zala Pierre GOUPIL

Feb 12, 2016, 11:50:30 AM2/12/16
to Donghwan Kim, JeanFrancois Arcand, Cettia
Hi,

OK, thank you!

Yes, looking at the sample codes in Cettia website, the first thing I thought was: long live the lambdas. lol

Do you know of any Wicket integration attempt of Cettia?

Regards,

Zala

--
Je n'aime pas seulement ma vie, mais aussi celle des autres.

(Blade Runner)

Donghwan Kim

Feb 12, 2016, 12:01:34 PM2/12/16
to Zala Pierre GOUPIL, JeanFrancois Arcand, Cettia
Hi,

I agree 100%. All code snippets will be rewritten in the lambda ;)

As for Wicket, I haven't heard about it, however, if it runs on Servlet 3, you can integrate Cettia with Wicket along the same lines in an example for Jersey (https://github.com/cettia/cettia-examples/tree/master/archetype/cettia-java-server/platform-on-platform/jaxrs2-atmosphere2)

BTW, the reference guide mentions Cettia java Platform but it will be renamed to Asity and released soon.

-- Donghwan

Zala Pierre GOUPIL

Feb 12, 2016, 12:09:33 PM2/12/16
to Donghwan Kim, JeanFrancois Arcand, Cettia
Excellent! Cheers, man!