The Ashtroll's stupid Shakespeare quote

1 348 vues

George Dance

non lue,
8 févr. 2023, 10:30:2308/02/2023
On Wednesday, February 8, 2023 at 9:22:14 AM UTC-5, Ash Wurthing decided to prove he did, too, know something about English poetry by namedropping William Shakespeare (with hilarious results):

> Now where was I?
> Is that the smell of burnt threads in the morning? Incinerated intentions and dreams scorched? How pleasing, it inspires me to recite some verses!
>
> They do say that the World is a stage and so would be the venues of the Digital Age. And this place is as good as any for me to play my part and howl my discontent to the Abyss...

This is funny, but only in retrospect, since it was Shakespeare wrote "All the world's a stage" (which shows that the Ashtroll hasn't read that particular play), but since he hasn't shown off his knowledge of Shakespeare yet, a reader could be forgiven for missing it.

> As Human pride rises, rationality unwinds
> The One Eyed King will always command the ignorance of the blind
> And the meek shall inherit their World's untimely demise

And here comes the stupid Shakespeare quote:

> "What a terrible era in which idiots govern the blind."
> -- 'Julius Caesar' ~~ William Shakespeare

First of all, this is not a Shakespeare quote. It's someone else's mangled version of a Shakespeare quote. (Not the Ashtroll's; he just found and read it on the interwebs.)
Second, even the real quote that's been mauled doesn't come from Julius Caesar. So why did the Ashtroll credit that play? Because whatever he found on the interwebs said it was from Julius Caesar.

That makes three plays the Ashtroll doesn't know:
(1) Julius Caesar (to which he falsely attributes the quote).
(2) King Lear (where the Shakespeare line he misquotes appears); and
(3) As You Like It (where the Shakespeare quote he almost gets right, but attributes to "They," appears).

Poor little fool.. He wanted to show that he "knows all about" Shakespeare, but ended up demonstrating only his own ignorance.

Ash Wurthing

non lue,
8 févr. 2023, 11:00:2008/02/2023
hehe, I've been waiting for the cowardly Cankook to sense an easy target to start the tit for tatting again cause that's all has beens like him can do is act high n mighty...
I really mus have stuck some nerves for the unprovoked attackbut then high n mighty Cankooks cannot professionally correct someone without being nasty-- see what I mean by the sWill posse being exactly what they say is so wrong!
But I must thank you for reigniting the hostilities!
"Praise the mighty Thor
Blood will stain your shores
Swear I will return
Prepare yourself for war
I will hide all trace
Count the days
Nine to reach my fate"
-- 'Son of the Last Breath' ~~ Grand Magus

I will deal with you lowly misrepresentation at my leisure-- first I make you goons suffer...

NancyGene

non lue,
8 févr. 2023, 11:11:4708/02/2023
On Wednesday, February 8, 2023 at 3:30:23 PM UTC, george...@yahoo.ca wrote:
> On Wednesday, February 8, 2023 at 9:22:14 AM UTC-5, Ash Wurthing decided to prove he did, too, know something about English poetry by namedropping William Shakespeare (with hilarious results):
>
> > Now where was I?
> > Is that the smell of burnt threads in the morning? Incinerated intentions and dreams scorched? How pleasing, it inspires me to recite some verses!
> >
> > They do say that the World is a stage and so would be the venues of the Digital Age. And this place is as good as any for me to play my part and howl my discontent to the Abyss...
> >

> This is funny, but only in retrospect, since it was Shakespeare wrote "All the world's a stage" (which shows that the Ashtroll hasn't read that particular play), but since he hasn't shown off his knowledge of Shakespeare yet, a reader could be forgiven for missing it.

Howard Dietz and Arthur Schwartz said "The world is a stage, the stage is a world of entertainment," which proves that George Dance didn't get the reference.

> > As Human pride rises, rationality unwinds
> > The One Eyed King will always command the ignorance of the blind
> > And the meek shall inherit their World's untimely demise
>
> And here comes the stupid Shakespeare quote:
> >
> > "What a terrible era in which idiots govern the blind."
> > -- 'Julius Caesar' ~~ William Shakespeare
>
> First of all, this is not a Shakespeare quote. It's someone else's mangled version of a Shakespeare quote. (Not the Ashtroll's; he just found and read it on the interwebs.)

Many people have made that mistake, and it is all over the Internet. It should be: "Tis the times’ plague, when madmen lead the blind."

> Second, even the real quote that's been mauled doesn't come from Julius Caesar. So why did the Ashtroll credit that play? Because whatever he found on the interwebs said it was from Julius Caesar.

Many people have made that mistake, and it is all over the Internet. It is from "King Lear."

> That makes three plays the Ashtroll doesn't know:
> (1) Julius Caesar (to which he falsely attributes the quote).

Many people have done that. One cannot trust the Internet.

> (2) King Lear (where the Shakespeare line he misquotes appears); and
And which you looked up.

> (3) As You Like It (where the Shakespeare quote he almost gets right, but attributes to "They," appears).
They = Howard Dietz and Arthur Schwartz.

> Poor little fool.. He wanted to show that he "knows all about" Shakespeare, but ended up demonstrating only his own ignorance.
No, George Dance demonstrated his ignorance and lack of social skills.

George Dance

non lue,
8 févr. 2023, 12:28:3908/02/2023
On Wednesday, February 8, 2023 at 11:11:47 AM UTC-5, NancyGene wrote:
> On Wednesday, February 8, 2023 at 3:30:23 PM UTC, george...@yahoo.ca wrote:
> > On Wednesday, February 8, 2023 at 9:22:14 AM UTC-5, Ash Wurthing decided to prove he did, too, know something about English poetry by namedropping William Shakespeare (with hilarious results):
> >
> > > Now where was I?
> > > Is that the smell of burnt threads in the morning? Incinerated intentions and dreams scorched? How pleasing, it inspires me to recite some verses!
> > >
> > > They do say that the World is a stage and so would be the venues of the Digital Age. And this place is as good as any for me to play my part and howl my discontent to the Abyss...
> > >

> > This is funny, but only in retrospect, since it was Shakespeare [who] wrote "All the world's a stage" (which shows that the Ashtroll hasn't read that particular play), but since he hasn't shown off his knowledge of Shakespeare yet, a reader could be forgiven for missing it.
> Howard Dietz and Arthur Schwartz said "The world is a stage, the stage is a world of entertainment," which proves that George Dance didn't get the reference.

I admit, I've never heard of Dietz and Schwartz (whoever they were), nor I suspect did you until you Googled it. But I suspect they were as aware as I am that Shakespeare wrote that "All the world's a stage" hundreds of years earlier, and were referencing that. (You probably missed that quote as you were searching "The world is a stage" .)

> > > As Human pride rises, rationality unwinds
> > > The One Eyed King will always command the ignorance of the blind
> > > And the meek shall inherit their World's untimely demise
> >
> > And here comes the stupid Shakespeare quote:
> > >
> > > "What a terrible era in which idiots govern the blind."
> > > -- 'Julius Caesar' ~~ William Shakespeare
> >
> > First of all, this is not a Shakespeare quote. It's someone else's mangled version of a Shakespeare quote. (Not the Ashtroll's; he just found and read it on the interwebs.)
> Many people have made that mistake, and it is all over the Internet. It should be: "Tis the times’ plague, when madmen lead the blind."

Just because it's "all over the Internet" doesn't mean it should be "all over aapc" as well.

> > Second, even the real quote that's been mauled doesn't come from Julius Caesar. So why did the Ashtroll credit that play? Because whatever he found on the interwebs said it was from Julius Caesar.

> Many people have made that mistake, and it is all over the Internet. It is from "King Lear."
> >
> > That makes three plays the Ashtroll doesn't know:
> > (1) Julius Caesar (to which he falsely attributes the quote).
> Many people have done that. One cannot trust the Internet.

Don't be silly. The published plays of Shakespeare are all on the Internet on reliable sites. You can't trust everything you read on the Internet, because not all sites are reliable. It's just a matter of learning which sites are reliable, and which are not.

> > (2) King Lear (where the Shakespeare line he misquotes appears); and
> And which you looked up.

You looked it up, so that you could quote the line accurately. I didn't quote it, so I didn't have to.

> > (3) As You Like It (where the Shakespeare quote he almost gets right, but attributes to "They," appears).
> They = Howard Dietz and Arthur Schwartz.

LOL! I doubt the Ashtroll was thinking of Dietz & Schwartz; but we'll have to see if he thinks it's a good excuse or not.

> > Poor little fool.. He wanted to show that he "knows all about" Shakespeare, but ended up demonstrating only his own ignorance.

> No, George Dance demonstrated his ignorance and lack of social skills.

"Oh, George Dance is SO ignorant. He doesn't even know who Dietz & Schwartz are."
Of course, I've never looked up quotes of theirs to pretend that I did, unlike you and your Ashy fellow troll.

Michael Pendragon

non lue,
8 févr. 2023, 12:31:5908/02/2023
Most of us are familiar with a handful of Shakespearean quotes regardless of whether we have seen or read his plays. We've learned them through exposure in the popular media (as in the above-mentioned Dietz-Schwartz song, "That's Entertainment!"). The quote from "King Lear" is a variation on Matthew 15:14 "Let them alone: they be blind leaders of the blind." The blind King Lear has modified it to suit his present circumstances wherein he is being led about by his fool. Indeed, the Biblical quote can be traced even further back, through several different variations, the oldest of which appears in The Upanishads (800 BCE).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_blind_leading_the_blind

Similarly, most of us are familiar with the phrase "the blind leading the blind" without being aware of its actual source (the phrase having become a part of our common language). Common sayings are often misquoted -- Last month, Will Donkey incorrectly attributed "Spare the rod and spoil the child" to Benjamin Franklin (when it actually comes from Proverbs, 13:24: “He that spareth his rod hateth his son: but he that loveth him chasteneth him betimes.”).

Since I'd pointed Will's mistake out to him, George Dance is making much ado about a similar error by Ash. This is in keeping with both George's paranoia, wherein he views everyone as part of a hostile "team," and with the precepts of his "ethical" system of "Tit for Tat."

I have asked George (in several threads) if the recent brouhaha regarding Isaac has caused him to question his playground ethics, but he has as yet to get back to me.

Will Dockery

non lue,
8 févr. 2023, 12:48:4508/02/2023
Now I'm seeing that the exact quote apparently comes from a poem by Samuel Butler:

https://kingdomhealer.wordpress.com/2013/04/10/spare-the-rod-spoil-the-child/

Michael Pendragon

non lue,
8 févr. 2023, 13:10:4508/02/2023
On Wednesday, February 8, 2023 at 12:28:39 PM UTC-5, george...@yahoo.ca wrote:
> On Wednesday, February 8, 2023 at 11:11:47 AM UTC-5, NancyGene wrote:
> > On Wednesday, February 8, 2023 at 3:30:23 PM UTC, george...@yahoo.ca wrote:
> > > On Wednesday, February 8, 2023 at 9:22:14 AM UTC-5, Ash Wurthing decided to prove he did, too, know something about English poetry by namedropping William Shakespeare (with hilarious results):

> > > This is funny, but only in retrospect, since it was Shakespeare [who] wrote "All the world's a stage" (which shows that the Ashtroll hasn't read that particular play), but since he hasn't shown off his knowledge of Shakespeare yet, a reader could be forgiven for missing it.
> > Howard Dietz and Arthur Schwartz said "The world is a stage, the stage is a world of entertainment," which proves that George Dance didn't get the reference.
> I admit, I've never heard of Dietz and Schwartz (whoever they were), nor I suspect did you until you Googled it.

WTF???

It's a popular standard.

It was introduced in the film version of "The Band Wagon" (which is generally regarded as one of the greatest movie musicals ever made. It also provided the title, and served as the theme song for, the popular "That's Entertainment!" series.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/That%27s_Entertainment!

I cannot believe that anyone of our generation is unfamiliar with it. I've watched "That's Entertainment! I, II, and III dozens of times, and watched "The Band Wagon" dozens of times as well (I use a clip from it in one of my poetry videos, and my "Vampyre" movie was partly inspired by the "Girl Hunt Ballet" which appears in it).

You're either playing dense again, or you've spent your entire life living under a pile of rocks.

But I suspect they were as aware as I am that Shakespeare wrote that "All the world's a stage" hundreds of years earlier, and were referencing that. (You probably missed that quote as you were searching "The world is a stage" .)

Of course they (Dietz & Schwartz) are referring to Shakespeare.

The question is whether Ash was referring to Shakespeare when he said "they."

The quote, from Melancholy Jacques' speech is paraphrased in another popular song, "Are You Lonesome Tonight," as well (recorded by Al Jolson, Elvis Presley, and others). In fact, it's been paraphrased in many forms of popular culture including Broadway and television, and Ash could have been referring to any one of those -- or making a general statement inclusive of its variations in various media forms. I'm sure Will Donkey can find a comic book it was paraphrased in as well.

> > > And here comes the stupid Shakespeare quote:

> > > First of all, this is not a Shakespeare quote. It's someone else's mangled version of a Shakespeare quote. (Not the Ashtroll's; he just found and read it on the interwebs.)
> > Many people have made that mistake, and it is all over the Internet. It should be: "Tis the times’ plague, when madmen lead the blind."
> Just because it's "all over the Internet" doesn't mean it should be "all over aapc" as well.

Catching the error is commendable. Thank you.

Using it as a personal attack on "Ashtroll" is childish.

> > > Second, even the real quote that's been mauled doesn't come from Julius Caesar. So why did the Ashtroll credit that play? Because whatever he found on the interwebs said it was from Julius Caesar.
>
> > Many people have made that mistake, and it is all over the Internet. It is from "King Lear."
> > >
> > > That makes three plays the Ashtroll doesn't know:
> > > (1) Julius Caesar (to which he falsely attributes the quote).
> > Many people have done that. One cannot trust the Internet.
> Don't be silly. The published plays of Shakespeare are all on the Internet on reliable sites. You can't trust everything you read on the Internet, because not all sites are reliable. It's just a matter of learning which sites are reliable, and which are not.

It has been brought to your attention, numerous times, that Ash suffers from severe visual impairment (and is legally blind). I suspect that his condition places restrictions upon his ability search the internet. Your repeated attempts to shame him for misspellings and (now) misquotes due, at least in part, to his blindness are deplorable.

Anything to win a "battle," though... right, George?

> > > (2) King Lear (where the Shakespeare line he misquotes appears); and
> > And which you looked up.
> You looked it up, so that you could quote the line accurately. I didn't quote it, so I didn't have to.

I usually look up a line (or passage) I'm going to quote. Even when quoting Poe, I may drop a comma, or use an em dash instead of a semi-colon, so I look up the original to ensure that I'm quoting it accurately.

There is nothing shameful in looking up a quote in order to make sure it's correct. Quite the contrary, taking the extra trouble to ensure its accuracy is a highly commendable practice.

> > > (3) As You Like It (where the Shakespeare quote he almost gets right, but attributes to "They," appears).
> > They = Howard Dietz and Arthur Schwartz.
> LOL! I doubt the Ashtroll was thinking of Dietz & Schwartz; but we'll have to see if he thinks it's a good excuse or not.

As noted above, paraphrases of Melancholy Jacques' speech appear in various forms and in various media (including popular speech). If one is unfamiliar with the origin of the phrase, they default to a generality (ex: "the say," "someone once said," "people say," etc.).

> > > Poor little fool.. He wanted to show that he "knows all about" Shakespeare, but ended up demonstrating only his own ignorance.
>
> > No, George Dance demonstrated his ignorance and lack of social skills.
> "Oh, George Dance is SO ignorant. He doesn't even know who Dietz & Schwartz are."
> Of course, I've never looked up quotes of theirs to pretend that I did, unlike you and your Ashy fellow troll.

See above (and hide your face in shame).

Will Dockery

non lue,
8 févr. 2023, 13:37:0308/02/2023
Michael Pendragon wrote:

> [...]

>> > They = Howard Dietz and Arthur Schwartz.
>> LOL! I doubt the Ashtroll was thinking of Dietz & Schwartz; but we'll have to see if he thinks it's a good excuse or not.

> As noted above, paraphrases of Melancholy Jacques' speech appear in various forms and in various media (including popular speech). If one is unfamiliar with the origin of the phrase, they default to a generality (ex: "the say," "someone once said," "people say," etc.).

>> > No, George Dance demonstrated his ignorance and lack of social skills.
>> "Oh, George Dance is SO ignorant. He doesn't even know who Dietz & Schwartz are."
>> Of course, I've never looked up quotes of theirs to pretend that I did, unlike you and your Ashy fellow troll.

> See above (and hide your face in shame).

A question about Ash's blindness, since some of us don't have the detailed history others here do, is that Ash once had sight but at some point in his life was blinded?

This is apparently true, since Ash claims to have created comic books that are in the Library of Congress archives, which Ash must have drawn before he was blinded.

Of course, personal details such as these are none of my business.

Michael Pendragon

non lue,
8 févr. 2023, 13:58:4608/02/2023
I'm not aware of the details, but I believe he was injured while serving his Country.

NancyGene

non lue,
8 févr. 2023, 14:26:1808/02/2023
On Wednesday, February 8, 2023 at 6:10:45 PM UTC, michaelmalef...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Wednesday, February 8, 2023 at 12:28:39 PM UTC-5, george...@yahoo.ca wrote:

> > > Howard Dietz and Arthur Schwartz said "The world is a stage, the stage is a world of entertainment," which proves that George Dance didn't get the reference.
> > I admit, I've never heard of Dietz and Schwartz (whoever they were), nor I suspect did you until you Googled it.
> WTF???
>
> It's a popular standard.

Yes, and we are surprised that George Dance has never heard of it. It is synonymous with the "Judy Garland at Carnegie Hall" appearance/great album. We have that album and are very, very familiar with the song.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HXJkoO_cbs&list=PLtpFM3sDaV_gA7QfNrH01Upo1ppGvwUdm&index=13

> It was introduced in the film version of "The Band Wagon" (which is generally regarded as one of the greatest movie musicals ever made. It also provided the title, and served as the theme song for, the popular "That's Entertainment!" series.
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/That%27s_Entertainment!
We loved those compilation movies.

> I cannot believe that anyone of our generation is unfamiliar with it. I've watched "That's Entertainment! I, II, and III dozens of times, and watched "The Band Wagon" dozens of times as well (I use a clip from it in one of my poetry videos, and my "Vampyre" movie was partly inspired by the "Girl Hunt Ballet" which appears in it).

You are "The Man That [Didn't] Got Away."

> You're either playing dense again, or you've spent your entire life living under a pile of rocks.

George Dance has very little cultural literacy. Maybe he should have Googled their names (as he once strongly suggested to us) before weighing in on Ash's supposed mistake.

> But I suspect they were as aware as I am that Shakespeare wrote that "All the world's a stage" hundreds of years earlier, and were referencing that. (You probably missed that quote as you were searching "The world is a stage" .)
> >
> Of course they (Dietz & Schwartz) are referring to Shakespeare.
>
> The question is whether Ash was referring to Shakespeare when he said "they."
>
> The quote, from Melancholy Jacques' speech is paraphrased in another popular song, "Are You Lonesome Tonight," as well (recorded by Al Jolson, Elvis Presley, and others). In fact, it's been paraphrased in many forms of popular culture including Broadway and television, and Ash could have been referring to any one of those -- or making a general statement inclusive of its variations in various media forms. I'm sure Will Donkey can find a comic book it was paraphrased in as well.

"You know someone said that the world's a stage and each of us must play a part."

> > > Many people have made that mistake, and it is all over the Internet. It should be: "Tis the times’ plague, when madmen lead the blind."
> > Just because it's "all over the Internet" doesn't mean it should be "all over aapc" as well.
> Catching the error is commendable. Thank you.
>
> Using it as a personal attack on "Ashtroll" is childish.

George Dance does childish well.

> > > Many people have made that mistake, and it is all over the Internet. It is from "King Lear."

> > > Many people have done that. One cannot trust the Internet.
> > Don't be silly. The published plays of Shakespeare are all on the Internet on reliable sites. You can't trust everything you read on the Internet, because not all sites are reliable. It's just a matter of learning which sites are reliable, and which are not.

Always go to the primary source.

> It has been brought to your attention, numerous times, that Ash suffers from severe visual impairment (and is legally blind). I suspect that his condition places restrictions upon his ability search the internet. Your repeated attempts to shame him for misspellings and (now) misquotes due, at least in part, to his blindness are deplorable.
>
> Anything to win a "battle," though... right, George?

Ash gets a big pass because of his eyesight. That he does as well as he does is commendable.

> > > And which you looked up.
> > You looked it up, so that you could quote the line accurately. I didn't quote it, so I didn't have to.
> I usually look up a line (or passage) I'm going to quote. Even when quoting Poe, I may drop a comma, or use an em dash instead of a semi-colon, so I look up the original to ensure that I'm quoting it accurately.

Remember Jordy's Creepy Uncle and his rewording and repunctuation of Lord Byron?

> There is nothing shameful in looking up a quote in order to make sure it's correct. Quite the contrary, taking the extra trouble to ensure its accuracy is a highly commendable practice.

Quality, not quantity.

> > > They = Howard Dietz and Arthur Schwartz.
> > LOL! I doubt the Ashtroll was thinking of Dietz & Schwartz; but we'll have to see if he thinks it's a good excuse or not.
> As noted above, paraphrases of Melancholy Jacques' speech appear in various forms and in various media (including popular speech). If one is unfamiliar with the origin of the phrase, they default to a generality (ex: "the say," "someone once said," "people say," etc.).
A Rick Nelson reference!

> He wanted to show that he "knows all about" Shakespeare, but ended up demonstrating only his own ignorance.
> >
> > > No, George Dance demonstrated his ignorance and lack of social skills.
> > "Oh, George Dance is SO ignorant. He doesn't even know who Dietz & Schwartz are."
> > Of course, I've never looked up quotes of theirs to pretend that I did, unlike you and your Ashy fellow troll.
> See above (and hide your face in shame).

Even if George Dance didn't know the names of the songwriters, he should have recognized the song. They have written many popular songs that (most) people would recognize. How about "Dancing in the Dark?"

General-Zod

non lue,
8 févr. 2023, 16:40:1308/02/2023
But not written by Ricky Nelson.....

>> He wanted to show that he "knows all about" Shakespeare, but ended up demonstrating only his own ignorance.

>> > "Oh, George Dance is SO ignorant. He doesn't even know who Dietz & Schwartz are."
>> > Of course, I've never looked up quotes of theirs to pretend that I did, unlike you and your Ashy fellow troll.
>> See above (and hide your face in shame).

> Even if George Dance didn't know the names of the songwriters, he should have recognized the song. They have written many popular songs that (most) people would recognize. How about "Dancing in the Dark?"

Bruce Springsteen did write a song by that name....

Zod

non lue,
8 févr. 2023, 17:23:4108/02/2023
On Wednesday, February 8, 2023 at 1:37:03 PM UTC-5, Will Dockery wrote:
Indeed... how does a blind man draw comic strips....?

Michael Pendragon

non lue,
8 févr. 2023, 22:10:3408/02/2023
I don't think you can say that he *wrote* it when it consists of "borrowed" titles and common sayings:

"Can't start a fire without a spark" is a popular saying that predates BS' song by many years. I can't find its origin online, but I first heard it as a very young child in the 1960s.

"This Gun for Hire" is the title of one of my favorite noir films, starring Alan Ladd and Veronica Lake.

"Dancing in the Dark" is the title of the aforementioned Dietz/Schwartz standard.

When you copy/paste your song's chorus from preexisting sayings and titles, you haven't really written a single thing.

*Of course BS added an apostrophe s to the film's title, and stuck in his own "even if" to make the third copy/pasted title flow... so you can justifiably argue that he wrote two words, one letter, and one apostrophe's worth of the chorus.

Will Dockery

non lue,
8 févr. 2023, 22:23:5708/02/2023
Good question.

ME

non lue,
8 févr. 2023, 22:34:3308/02/2023
Oh my mother fucking god. You worthless piece of fucking shit. I know that you did not just go there!!!!

Please tell ME that you did not go there, either of you little lowlife’s?

W-Dockery

non lue,
8 févr. 2023, 22:40:1308/02/2023
Sure, I asked a simple question, why did you get in a tizzy over it?

ME

non lue,
8 févr. 2023, 22:43:5608/02/2023
You are repulsive piece of shit, will.

Will Dockery

non lue,
8 févr. 2023, 22:49:0108/02/2023
ME wrote:

> On Wednesday, 8 February 2023 at 22:40:13 UTC-5, Will Dockery wrote:
>> ME wrote:

>> > Oh my mother fucking god. You worthless piece of fucking shit. I know that you did not just go there!!!!
>>

>> > Please tell ME that you did not go there, either of you little lowlife’s?
>> Sure, I asked a simple question, why did you get in a tizzy over it?

> You are repulsive piece of shit, will.

That's probably just your upper lip you smell again, ME.

HTH and HAND.

ME

non lue,
8 févr. 2023, 22:52:4508/02/2023
Like I said, you are a repulsive piece of shit, will.

Will Dockery

non lue,
8 févr. 2023, 23:02:0808/02/2023
Like I said, that's probably just your upper lip you smell again, ME.

HTH and HAND.

🙂

ME

non lue,
8 févr. 2023, 23:11:1008/02/2023
Nope! That’s just you upper lip you’re smelling, will!!!!

Will Dockery

non lue,
8 févr. 2023, 23:15:1108/02/2023
No, you're the one complaining about smelling shit, not me.

HTH and HAND.

ME

non lue,
8 févr. 2023, 23:46:0508/02/2023
What The Fuck????

Ash Wurthing

non lue,
8 févr. 2023, 23:48:4108/02/2023
On Wednesday, February 8, 2023 at 3:30:23 PM UTC, george...@yahoo.ca wrote:
On Wednesday, February 8, 2023 at 9:22:14 AM UTC-5, Ash Wurthing decided to prove he did, too, know something about English poetry by namedropping William Shakespeare (with hilarious results):

Attributing a poet is name dropping? But then if I stopped "name dropping" then you would seize the opportunity to accuse plagiarism. You're so transparent, Dance-- you are only here to belittle and ridicule and serve no purpose to a decent person.

I'm still waiting to know how I was "show that he 'knows all about'* Shakespeare"?
* right there- that "knows about" gives the dunce's agenda away-- this is from a single statement I said nearly two years ago and had nothing to do with Shakespeare. Dance caught misrepresenting again!
I included the entire original work below for reference.

""Poor little fool.. He wanted to show that he "knows all about" Shakespeare, but ended up demonstrating only his own ignorance. ""
"This is funny, but only in retrospect, since it was Shakespeare [who] wrote "All the world's a stage" (which shows that the Ashtroll hasn't read that particular play), but since he hasn't shown off his knowledge of Shakespeare yet, a reader could be forgiven for missing it. "

Get your laming straight-- which is it? Am I acting like I know all about Shakespeare or am I clumsily playing with what I don't know?

Some one asked Dance: "You're either playing dense again, or you've spent your entire life living under a pile of rocks. "

The actual answer is: Dance set aside all intelligence, tossed away any dignity, all for the nasty tat!

Wisdom of teh day (and why I like the constant dunce cap award winner, but thanks must go to PJR for showing me Dance's flaw)
"Catching the error is commendable. Thank you. "
"Using it as a personal attack on "Ashtroll" is childish. "

"That makes three plays the Ashtroll doesn't know: "

Obviously I don't know what you're laming about because I only mistakenly quoted one play and not the other two.

"No, George Dance demonstrated his ignorance and lack of social skills. "

Definitely and his inability to desist in his petty tatting. He will trade every dignity, twist every truth for hollow troll victory!

**incorrect attribution left in since we're arguing about the original text**

They do say that the World is a stage and so would be the venues of the Digital Age. And this place is as good as any for me to play my part and howl my discontent to the Abyss...

As Human pride rises, rationality unwinds
The One Eyed King will always command the ignorance of the blind
And the meek shall inherit their World's untimely demise

"What a terrible era in which idiots govern the blind."
-- 'Julius Caesar' ~~ William Shakespeare

We New Gods, lightning we'll wield
to smugly sear our sullen skies
to try to smite Reality's unyielding jagged crags

It's the Twilight of the New Gods, and the fall
of the night of the Hunter's reign
upon their Human brethren, the kin slaying will begin
washing the moon with blood splatters, it will be devoured
as we become a wolf to our fellow Human

Therefor our church is bleak.
This besieged sanctuary of the meek.
A house of martyrs.
A shrine of melancholy.
Where prayers despair
of imagined Heaven
existing
in wise words only.

This is flame war and so we have unforgiving fire
as you preach to your choir and fan the flames even

higher
It's flame war and with it all it's scorching rancor
a vicious circle ever stoking the furor even further
Neck deep in this inextricable quagmire you're mired
your self absorbed intentions now expire in the fires

Will Dockery

non lue,
8 févr. 2023, 23:48:5908/02/2023
You're confused already, no surprise there.

🙂

Ash Wurthing

non lue,
8 févr. 2023, 23:55:0608/02/2023
Well actually sWilly has had his head up his crack for so long, exalting in his shit that it smells like victory to him. (so shit on his upper lip wouldn't be a cause for complaint for him, just everyone else)
Hey a desperate has been can still have dreams and in his pinch must cling to any facsimile.

Will Dockery

non lue,
8 févr. 2023, 23:58:0908/02/2023
Of course Bruce Springsteen wrote it, Pendragon.

W.Dockery

non lue,
9 févr. 2023, 00:10:1509/02/2023
On Wednesday, February 8, 2023 at 1:58:46 PM UTC-5, Michael Pendragon wrote:
> [...]
> >
> > > There is nothing shameful in looking up a quote in order to make sure it's correct. Quite the contrary, taking the extra trouble to ensure its accuracy is a highly commendable practice.
> >
> > > As noted above, paraphrases of Melancholy Jacques' speech appear in various forms and in various media (including popular speech). If one is unfamiliar with the origin of the phrase, they default to a generality (ex: "the say," "someone once said," "people say," etc.).

> > > See above (and hide your face in shame).
> > A question about Ash's blindness, since some of us don't have the detailed history others here do, is that Ash once had sight but at some point in his life was blinded?
> I'm not aware of the details, but I believe he was injured while serving his Country.

That sounds believable.

Ash Wurthing

non lue,
9 févr. 2023, 00:21:5009/02/2023
Wow, this from the one who didn't believe I was blind...

Will Dockery

non lue,
9 févr. 2023, 01:03:4109/02/2023
You're making that up, as usual, Ash.

Why do you lie and misrepresent so much, Ash?

🙂

Ash Wurthing

non lue,
9 févr. 2023, 07:51:1609/02/2023
I have you lined up lying fool...

Michael Pendragon

non lue,
9 févr. 2023, 09:16:3109/02/2023
No, ME's right. You really are a repulsive piece of shit.

HtH & HAND

Will Dockery

non lue,
9 févr. 2023, 10:34:1809/02/2023
> lying fool...

Your admission is noted.

🙂
Le message a été supprimé

Family Guy

non lue,
9 févr. 2023, 16:10:0209/02/2023
"Repulsive" does not begin to describe what is the Donkey.

W.Dockery

non lue,
9 févr. 2023, 16:15:1709/02/2023

<troll snip>

> "Repulsive"

Look who's talking.

:)
Le message a été supprimé

Will Dockery

non lue,
10 févr. 2023, 09:34:1710/02/2023
George Dance wrote:

> On Wednesday, February 8, 2023 at 9:22:14 AM UTC-5, Ash Wurthing decided to prove he did, too, know something about English poetry by namedropping William Shakespeare (with hilarious results):

>> Now where was I?
>> Is that the smell of burnt threads in the morning? Incinerated intentions and dreams scorched? How pleasing, it inspires me to recite some verses!
>>
>> They do say that the World is a stage and so would be the venues of the Digital Age. And this place is as good as any for me to play my part and howl my discontent to the Abyss...
>>

> This is funny, but only in retrospect, since it was Shakespeare wrote "All the world's a stage" (which shows that the Ashtroll hasn't read that particular play), but since he hasn't shown off his knowledge of Shakespeare yet, a reader could be forgiven for missing it.

>> As Human pride rises, rationality unwinds
>> The One Eyed King will always command the ignorance of the blind
>> And the meek shall inherit their World's untimely demise

> And here comes the stupid Shakespeare quote:
>>
>> "What a terrible era in which idiots govern the blind."
>> -- 'Julius Caesar' ~~ William Shakespeare

> First of all, this is not a Shakespeare quote. It's someone else's mangled version of a Shakespeare quote. (Not the Ashtroll's; he just found and read it on the interwebs.)
> Second, even the real quote that's been mauled doesn't come from Julius Caesar. So why did the Ashtroll credit that play? Because whatever he found on the interwebs said it was from Julius Caesar.

> That makes three plays the Ashtroll doesn't know:
> (1) Julius Caesar (to which he falsely attributes the quote).
> (2) King Lear (where the Shakespeare line he misquotes appears); and
> (3) As You Like It (where the Shakespeare quote he almost gets right, but attributes to "They," appears).

> Poor little fool.. He wanted to show that he "knows all about" Shakespeare, but ended up demonstrating only his own ignorance.

As with most things Ash /knows all about/, he's apparently just making it up as he goes along.

🙂
Le message a été supprimé

General-Zod

non lue,
10 févr. 2023, 15:00:1610/02/2023
Ash sure doesn't seem to know Jackshit about comix, that he has shown in any way.....

Michael Pendragon

non lue,
10 févr. 2023, 18:43:4110/02/2023
***DISCLAIMER: THE FOLLOWING POEM IS ENTIRELY FICTIONAL. ANY SIMILARITIES TO PERSON OR PERSONS LIVING OR DEAD IS PURELY COINCIDENTAL.***

THE SAGA OF JORDAN T. CHASESCOTT

Uncle Isaac took his belt
And gave Young Jordy 40 welts.
Jordy grew to like the whacks
And Uncle Isaac’s touching acts.

Isaac Chase thought that Jordy was cute
'Specially dressed in his new birthday suit,
Isaac squeezed his love handles
Then blew out his candles,
Bent over and let out a "Toot!"

Isaac pulled his nephew's pid
Sucked him dry then tongued his hole;
Nephew Jordy was just a kid
When he first straddled Isaac's pole.

Isaac rode Jordy bareback at seven
And cornholed him big-time at eight
He left him creampied at eleven
And went back home to masturbate.

Isaac groped little Jordy on Friday
Isaac sucked him off Saturday night
Isaac fucked Jordy six times on Sunday
Yeah, his weekend was going alright.

There's only on "t" in "Sonnet."

Isaac nailed Jordy on summer's day.
Beneath the willow by the backdoor gate:
He squeezed his lovebuds, then he had his way
But quick release cut all too short the date;
Sometime too hot the elder Chase becomes
And often spills his load ere passion's dimm'd;
Where is the joy in picking Jordy's plums
Or planting kisses in his grass untrimm'd
When shorts are cream'd and flaccid members fail?
Thou Jordy's willing, Ike gave up the ghost;
Still discontent, he fondles Jordy's tale,
For tis the ass enamors him the most:
So long as Isaac still has eyes to see,
He'll strap one one and stick it to Jordy.

Isaac chased boys when he was a toddler
He chased toddlers when he went school,
He made brownies with them as a young man,
Stirred their pudding until he would drool.

Isaac chased little boys on the playground
Although he was a middle aged man,
Donkey punched till his mudpacker turned brown
Tho he preferred to say it was tan.
The Jordy Factor
a poem by Will Dockery as told to NancyGene

Jordy’s a good sub for dead Lady K
He jiggles his ass and says it’s foreplay
with my massive moobs that even young Clay
has to admit that he’d like to sashay
in the chorus that kicks on LeGents parquet
floor where Jordy and I rolled ‘round in May
when he visited us to show us his fey
manners and though his family’s rich, hey,
I’m not too proud to say that I’d lay
him for free and he won’t have to pay
for extras like hi there’s, night-nights and oy veys.

Isaac Chase was a pixie I knew
Who diddled his widdle nephew,
Jordy pulled Isaac's pud
But his pud was a dud
And now poor Isaac's sack has turned blue.

When Jordy was just a wee laddie
He'd pull down his pants for his daddy,
Uncle paid him a call
And buggered him raw
And Jordy cried "Uncle Ike had me."

Isaac had a young nephew named Jordy
Whose tuchus he simply adored, he
Got Jordy to bare it
That he might then share it
And buggered the boy while he roared "Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!"

Uncle Isaac didn't care for his mommy,
His classmates found him a bit balmy;
It was said that the lad
Flicked his Bic for his dad:
Now chows on Nephew Jordy's shalomi.

Uncle Isaac desired little boys
He thought Jordy had exquisite poise
For a boy not yet ten
(He preferred boys to men)
And a man must have what he enjoys.

Little Jordy was sugar and spice
So his old uncle didn't think twice
About dipping his pole
In young Jordy's piehole,
Boston cream never seemed worth the price.

Uncle Isaac's an internet troll
Who fingered his nephew's dunghole,
Isaac stuck in his thumb
And made Jordy cum
And cried "Hola, Will -- I'm on a role!"

Isaac corked up Jordy Chase's bunghole,
Chocolate cha-cha'd til morning was nigh;
Gave his nephew a sloppy Picaso
He's a fart knockin', mud packin' guy.

Jordy Chase bought his uncle a butt plug
In the hope that he'd leave him alone;
Isaac plugged up his hole
And such joy filled his soul
That he plugged Jordy's hole with his own.

Uncle Isaac's a middle aged twit
Who's been found competently unfit,
For it's said he enjoys
Gallivanting with boys
And dipping his dick in their shit.

Isaac buggered Jordy in the bedroom
Isaac buggered Jordy in the car
Isaac buggered Jordy in the Men's Room
Of LeGents', Shadowville's favorite bar.

Uncle Isaac chased Jordy around his first crib,
Uncle Isaac "fed" Jordy and splooged on his bib,
Isaac changed Jordy's diapers for open-crotch hose
Then he buggered the toddler and jizzed on his nose.

Isaac cornswabbled his nephew's dinky
Pulled his joystick as if he played Pong;
Dipped his poo jabber till it got stinky
And nicknamed his dong "Donkey Kong."

When Jordan Chasescott was a lad
His Uncle Ike wanted him bad,
With the youth in his sights
Isaac gave up his nights
To baby sit straddling his 'nads.

Uncle Isaac was more like an ant
Who would crawl down young Jordy’s pants.
Jordy’d wiggle and scratch
But Isaac attached
Himself with coagulants.

Uncle Isaac ignored his niece, Judy,
Who didn’t have quite the same booty.
So Judy was spared,
And stood there and stared,
While Jordy got it in the patootie.

When Jordy went on Price is Right
His bung-hole shown like a nightlight.
He said it was Uncle
Ike and Garfuckles
Who implanted in him a Lite-Brite.

Uncle Isaac hosted family for Easter.
He told his sister he’d feast her.
They ate honey baked ham
And rack of young lamb
While Isaac dined on Jordy’s keister.

Isaac Chased Jordan Chasescott
From when he was just a young tot.
Isaac gave him a ball
and that wasn’t all,
for his undies had X marks the spot.

Uncle Isaac would pat Jordy’s buttock
And soothe him to sleep with some smut talk.
As Joey took vids
And entertained bids,
Little Jordy’s cradle would rock.

Uncle Isaac said let’s play Cowboys,
For riding is one of my joys.
I’ll be Roy, you’ll be Trigger,
As we gallop with vigor,
And Jordy, you’ll make whinny noise.

Isaac liked his nephew Jordy’s rear view,
From whence Jordy did his #2.
Jordy did #1
And Isaac said, son,
That not what we Commies doo-doo.

Jordan Chasescott had a gluteus--
That Uncle Isaac said was beauteous.
Isaac said drop your pants,
Give your Uncle a chance,
To give you a rub that’s salubrious.

Uncle Isaac and Jordan would read nursery rhymes
About Commies and sex and YouTube crimes.
Jordy learned about jails
And Joey’s porn sales
While Isaac performed pantomimes.

Isaac Chase’s “love dared not speak its name”
So Jordan was written into Internet fame.
Isaac thanked Will and Zod
And committed job fraud
While Jordan Chasescott bore the shame.

Jordan Chasescott was naïve
Of what Isaac hid up his sleeve.
Isaac gave him a bath
While he did the math
That at least he wouldn’t conceive.

Little Jordan Chasescott lost his way.
Uncle Isaac yelled, “I’ll save the day!”
“Take off your pants
And I’ll do a belt Dance
On your butt ‘til you can say
Uncle!”

Jordan Chasescott’s derriere
Would get lots of sun and fresh air.
Uncle Isaac would blow
And Jordan would know
That he didn’t need any beachwear.

Isaac Chase was childlike and hopeless
And hung out with folks who were soapless.
Isaac took Jordy’s hand
And said I’m your man,
But no one can make me grope you less.

Jordan sits in Isaac’s lap while they drive,
Isaac is 49 and Jordy’s 25.
Jordy said it’s U-turn,
Isaac said how I burn
To lay rubber on I-95.

Jordan Chasescott was expertly groomed
After visiting Isaac’s bedroom.
Jordan had a strong yen
To trade Barbies for Ken
And to keep his small tuchus perfumed.

Stout Joseph was pen-pals with “Price is Right” Jordan.
Chasescott Jordan offered photos to Stout Joseph’s warden.
Pics of Will Dockery
Made Stout Joe a mockery,
Since his dad wore just a bleue cordon.

Jordan Chasescott would cover his hiney,
But his Uncle still wanted to dine, he
Would tell Jord, “Look squirrel!”
Jordan’s pink toes would curl,
And Uncle’d declare that was fine eats.

Isaac Chase tried to buy his young nephew,
But his sister wouldn’t sell and was deaf to
Isaac’s sad pleas
To give Jordy a squeeze,
So Isaac nailed him and said “Guess who?”

Young Jordy wished to play with some girls,
But Isaac said girls make me hurl.
You should have a guy
And then you’ll know why
I dress you in ruffles and pearls.

Jordan Chasescott tried to be what he’s not.
Uncle Isaac told him that to be gay was hot.
Isaac Chase said come here
And I’ll fondle your rear--
You’ll remember the things you forgot.

Isaac Chase dearly loved his nephew and tried
To kiss Jordan Chasescott’s tiny backside.
Jordan said, Uncle Ike,
Could I have a new bike?
So Isaac gave him a banana seat ride.

Jordan scorned warnings and read
Playboy Magazines stashed by his bed.
Uncle Isaac then stressed
Don’t look at a breast:
I have Playgirl for you instead.

Jordan Chasescott was teenaged,
And therefore his Chase hormones raged.
Uncle Isaac said, “Yes,
You look great in that dress,”
And thus Jordan’s doubts were assuaged.

Uncle Isaac Chase worked a part-time job,
And the rest of the day his body would throb
For his Nephew Jordan,
And in Nephews he scored in,
The most views of Jordan’s hobnob.

Uncle Isaac Chase was in great haste
To see that Jordan was disgraced.
Isaac said his hellos
To Zod-Dockery beaus
And Jordan Chasescott was debased.

Uncle Isaac L. Chase had a goal:
To occupy Jordan’s butt hole.
Isaac Chase said, “Bend over
There’s a rare 4-leaf clover,”
And Nature walks soon took their toll.

Isaac Chase liked playing physician
With Jordan Chasescott’s health condition.
Isaac said, “Don this gown,
On the table face down,
And Jordan lost all inhibitions.

Isaac told Jordan he’d teach him to shoot
And to fish and to dive so he wore his swim suit.
Jordan brought his cap gun
But he was outdone
When Isaac shot up his patoot.

Jordan complained his dear Uncle
Would stick to him like a carbuncle.
Jordan Chasescott would cry
When Uncle Isaac would try
To sneak into Jordan’s bed bunkle.

Isaac Chase liked school and the Weekly Reader.
Isaac ate up the tales of Johnny the Apple Seeder.
Then Jordan Chasescott was born,
And Isaac was torn
Between fruit and bottom-feeder.

The Chase family loved Isaac’s work.
He could have stayed home, just a jerk.
But he worked phones part time
And earned him a dime,
And Jordan Chasescott was a perk.

Uncle Isaac knocked on Jordy’s door,
Said they’d reenact Chase family noir.
Uncle Isaac said come,
But Jordan had none,
For Jordan was a mere child of four.

Jordan Chasescott was LinkedIn
To the Isaac L. Chase den of sin.
Isaac said we’ll resume
Work in my bedroom
And Jordan learned market penetration.

Uncle Isaac took Jordy to see
The statue of David in Italy
Isaac said the male nude
Put him in the mood
And Jordy’s fig leaf was so wee.

Isaac and Jordan wore pjs
Which made it convenient for bjs.
There were traps front and back
Which dropped with a whack,
So that Isaac could teach Jordan 3 ways.

When Isaac was at Jordy’s home,
His fingers and hands ached to roam.
He said, “Jordy, the magic is
In all my adjectives,
And you’ll be my no comments poem.”

Jordy was home on the range
Where he and Uncle Isaac would play.
They’d also play deer rut
And Jordy’s little red butt
Would be sore and dark cloudy all day.

Jordan would sing “Happy Trails,”
But Isaac would say “Happy Tails.”
When Jordan got gas,
Isaac pinched his sweet ass.
We don’t need to give more details.

Uncle Isaac enjoyed babysitting
And his devotion was unremitting.
He would treat Jordan’s butt
Like a chocolate doughnut
And polish it off lick and splitting.

Jordan Chasescott liked to read
Uncle Isaac’s Communist creed.
Jordan said let’s be poor
And Isaac said, more,
We’ll share your butt according to need.

Uncle Isaac bought a Chinese balloon
And gave it to Jordan for his room.
Jordan flew it over the U.S.
And it was shot down as the newest
Blow toy that made Isaac swoon.

Isaac L. Chase researched YouTube
But not for looking at big boobs.
Isaac said, my dear Jordan,
I’ve already stored in
You a lifetime of oil change and lubes.

Isaac L. Chase reached out far
To make young Jordan a star.
Ike encouraged porn poetry,
Despite knowing that he
Was publishing Jordan’s memoir.

Jordan Chasescott liked his men
Manly like Isaac back when
Isaac Chase showed him photos
Of where sun’s rays don’t go
And Jordan was porn born again.

Isaac extolled Jordan’s butt hole--
To display at State Fairs was Unc Ike’s goal.
Unc Ike shaped and grew
Jordan’s butt hole into
The shape of a large mixing bowl.

Isaac Chase sent Jordan a Valentine
That said “Sweet Nephew, Won’t You Be Mine?”
Isaac bought candy and flowers
And it was only two hours
Before Isaac gave Jord’s butt a spit shine.

Isaac took a pic of Jordan’s hiney.
He thought it looked like a Modigliani.
Isaac said, “I won’t sell
This picture so swell,
But it sure makes a great Valentiney.”

Isaac Chase tried to rob the Chase bank.
He said it was his and he ranked
Far above peons,
And had done so for eons,
Plus he had to fund Jordan’s young flank.

Nephew Jordan Chasescott wanted trucks
For Christmas but Isaac said, “Shucks,
I’ll give you an erector set
When I get the projector set,
And Joe Stout can make some big bucks.”

W.Dockery

non lue,
10 févr. 2023, 20:20:1310/02/2023
Sad but true.
Le message a été supprimé
Le message a été supprimé

ME

non lue,
10 févr. 2023, 22:17:2210/02/2023
On Friday, 10 February 2023 at 22:14:36 UTC-5, ME wrote:
> What’s been proven to be true here is that you nor zod know Jack shit about anything worth knowing.
> You are both worthless wastrels and are pathetic losers.
>
> So your opinions are really useless and not even notable here.

Will Dockery

non lue,
10 févr. 2023, 22:28:1310/02/2023
On Friday, February 10, 2023 at 3:00:16 PM UTC-5, General-Zod wrote:
Again, apparently not

ME

non lue,
10 févr. 2023, 22:32:5310/02/2023
Once again, this is true!!!

Will Dockery

non lue,
10 févr. 2023, 22:52:4010/02/2023
Like I said, sad but apparently true.

HTH and HAND.

ME

non lue,
10 févr. 2023, 22:58:2010/02/2023
And, most everyone here knows your word isn’t worth the spit it’s spoken with.

Will Dockery

non lue,
10 févr. 2023, 23:14:2510/02/2023
On Friday, February 10, 2023 at 3:00:16 PM UTC-5, General-Zod wrote:
True, I doubt any comic created by Ash even existed in the first place.

And so it goes.

ME

non lue,
10 févr. 2023, 23:17:2710/02/2023
You just keep thinking that, will.
Whatever works for you.

The rest of us know better.

> And so it goes.

W.Dockery

non lue,
10 févr. 2023, 23:30:1310/02/2023
George Dance wrote:

> On Wednesday, February 8, 2023 at 9:22:14 AM UTC-5, Ash Wurthing decided to prove he did, too, know something about English poetry by namedropping William Shakespeare (with hilarious results):

>> Now where was I?
>> Is that the smell of burnt threads in the morning? Incinerated intentions and dreams scorched? How pleasing, it inspires me to recite some verses!
>>
>> They do say that the World is a stage and so would be the venues of the Digital Age. And this place is as good as any for me to play my part and howl my discontent to the Abyss...
>>

> This is funny, but only in retrospect, since it was Shakespeare wrote "All the world's a stage" (which shows that the Ashtroll hasn't read that particular play), but since he hasn't shown off his knowledge of Shakespeare yet, a reader could be forgiven for missing it.

>> As Human pride rises, rationality unwinds
>> The One Eyed King will always command the ignorance of the blind
>> And the meek shall inherit their World's untimely demise

> And here comes the stupid Shakespeare quote:
>>
>> "What a terrible era in which idiots govern the blind."
>> -- 'Julius Caesar' ~~ William Shakespeare

> First of all, this is not a Shakespeare quote. It's someone else's mangled version of a Shakespeare quote. (Not the Ashtroll's; he just found and read it on the interwebs.)
> Second, even the real quote that's been mauled doesn't come from Julius Caesar. So why did the Ashtroll credit that play? Because whatever he found on the interwebs said it was from Julius Caesar.

> That makes three plays the Ashtroll doesn't know:
> (1) Julius Caesar (to which he falsely attributes the quote).
> (2) King Lear (where the Shakespeare line he misquotes appears); and
> (3) As You Like It (where the Shakespeare quote he almost gets right, but attributes to "They," appears).

> Poor little fool.. He wanted to show that he "knows all about" Shakespeare, but ended up demonstrating only his own ignorance.

You nailed Ash, George, hilarious yet pathetic little guy.

🙂

Ash Wurthing

non lue,
11 févr. 2023, 08:29:4311/02/2023
I see sWilly is obsessing for me! I leave him alone and what does he do? He takes cheap shots now that he thinks he can get away with them. You must be gettin' your ass kicked by the others and lookin' for an easy target to take your frustration out on. You, sWill, would know all about being a "pathetic little guy"-- your petty hypocritically childish jab shows it! Since Dance failed so utterly with Shakespeare laming me, perhaps you would like to try to prove this bull crap that your ass opinion editor is trying to pass off as "poetry commentary." But I'm not holding my breath since the best you can ever do is sorry ass misrepresentations with your so called "record."

George Dance

non lue,
11 févr. 2023, 09:05:1411/02/2023
On Wednesday, February 8, 2023 at 1:10:45 PM UTC-5, Michael Pendragon wrote:
> On Wednesday, February 8, 2023 at 12:28:39 PM UTC-5, george...@yahoo.ca wrote:

> > > Howard Dietz and Arthur Schwartz said "The world is a stage, the stage is a world of entertainment," which proves that George Dance didn't get the reference.
> > I admit, I've never heard of Dietz and Schwartz (whoever they were), nor I suspect did you until you Googled it.
> WTF???
>
> It's a popular standard.
>
> It was introduced in the film version of "The Band Wagon" (which is generally regarded as one of the greatest movie musicals ever made. It also provided the title, and served as the theme song for, the popular "That's Entertainment!" series.

<yawn>. This is a poetry group. Take it to rec.arts.movies. Or, since the song's older than I am, try rec.music-50s. I'm sure they'd love to hear from you again.

> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/That%27s_Entertainment!

You should know by now that if you want me to judge a song, don't give me a link to an article on how lovely it is. Send me a link so I can listen to it and make up my own mind. But since you obviously don't know that, I had to do it for myself:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6gX37d2eP8

It's not bad; I'd say listening to it was worth four minutes of my life.

> I cannot believe that anyone of our generation is unfamiliar with it. I've watched "That's Entertainment! I, II, and III dozens of times, and watched "The Band Wagon" dozens of times as well (I use a clip from it in one of my poetry videos, and my "Vampyre" movie was partly inspired by the "Girl Hunt Ballet" which appears in it).

I bet you even sing along. I'm sure I've heard it, just never gave it any attention -- and I've certainly seen some of those iconic still shots. I'm far more familiar with Paul Weller's parody, which I'm sure given your musical superiority you must be as well.

> You're either playing dense again, or you've spent your entire life living under a pile of rocks.

Well, now, let's give you an opportunity to show off your musical knowledge. Please compare Dietz's lyrics with Weller's.
_

-

> > But I suspect they were as aware as I am that Shakespeare wrote that "All the world's a stage" hundreds of years earlier, and were referencing that. (You probably missed that quote as you were searching "The world is a stage" .)
> >
> Of course they (Dietz & Schwartz) are referring to Shakespeare.

And of course NastyGoon doesn't seem to have realized that as yet.

> The question is whether Ash was referring to Shakespeare when he said "they."

He wasn't referring to anyone in particular, just like someone saying, "They say it's going to rain today."

> The quote, from Melancholy Jacques' speech is paraphrased in another popular song, "Are You Lonesome Tonight," as well (recorded by Al Jolson, Elvis Presley, and others). In fact, it's been paraphrased in many forms of popular culture including Broadway and television, and Ash could have been referring to any one of those

- or to Rush's iconic album (which again you must know all about, given your vastly superior musical knowledge).

> -- or making a general statement inclusive of its variations in various media forms.

That's exactly what the Ashtroll meant by "they say" -- it's something people say, who they are not being important. As I said, it's a stupid thing to use a Shakespeare quote for when you're pretending to know all about Shakespeare.

> I'm sure Will Donkey can find a comic book it was paraphrased in as well.

Some people are into comics, just the way some people are into old movies. It's their time; they can spend or waste it as they wish. A movie-watching Monkey may think himself "better" than a comic-reading Donkey, or vice versa, but that's just a subjective belief.

> > > Many people have made that mistake, and it is all over the Internet. It should be: "Tis the times’ plague, when madmen lead the blind."
> > Just because it's "all over the Internet" doesn't mean it should be "all over aapc" as well.
> Catching the error is commendable. Thank you.
>
> Using it as a personal attack on "Ashtroll" is childish.

He's an unreliable source, and his quotes cannot be trusted; one can't blame him for that, and he wasn't "attacked" for it.

> > > Many people have made that mistake, and it is all over the Internet. It is from "King Lear."

> > > Many people have done that. One cannot trust the Internet.
> > Don't be silly. The published plays of Shakespeare are all on the Internet on reliable sites. You can't trust everything you read on the Internet, because not all sites are reliable. It's just a matter of learning which sites are reliable, and which are not.
> >
> It has been brought to your attention, numerous times, that Ash suffers from severe visual impairment (and is legally blind). I suspect that his condition places restrictions upon his ability search the internet. Your repeated attempts to shame him for misspellings and (now) misquotes due, at least in part, to his blindness are deplorable.

So that's the Ashtroll's excuse: he's too blind to search the Internet. I've decided to accept that, and I'll be sure to point it out for him myself as need arises.

Of course, I notice that you're still missing the point: the Ashtroll didn't have to search the internet in the first place. His Shakespeare misquote had nothing to do with his rant: the only reason he threw it in was to pretend to a knowledge of Shakespeare that he doesn't have. He wasn't attack for his goof, but for his phoniness.
<snip>

George Dance

non lue,
11 févr. 2023, 09:14:1611/02/2023
You Shakespeare-lamed yourself, silly troll: in a stupid attempt to pretend you know Shakespeare's work, you quoted the wrong words and attributed them to the wrong play.

But Michael Monkey has made an excuse for you: You're too blind to search the Internet. I've decided to accept that and not flame you for it unless you or another Flunkie brings it up first.

Here's a peace offering. Great lyrics; I hope you can make them out.

The Jam, That's Entertainment
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eih2xkvvNpI

George Dance

non lue,
11 févr. 2023, 12:44:0711/02/2023
On Thursday, February 9, 2023 at 12:10:15 AM UTC-5, W.Dockery wrote:
> On Wednesday, February 8, 2023 at 1:58:46 PM UTC-5, Michael Pendragon wrote:

> > > A question about Ash's blindness, since some of us don't have the detailed history others here do, is that Ash once had sight but at some point in his life was blinded?
> > I'm not aware of the details, but I believe he was injured while serving his Country.
> That sounds believable.

It matches what I've read on the group too. The one curious thing I've noticed, though, is that those who keep saying it always say "his Country," but never tell us what Country is his.

Back when he was spewing out all that Covid propaganda I used to wonder whether "his Country" was Communist China. Of course, since he wasn't trolling me at the time, I kept that question to myself.

Edward Rochester Esq.

non lue,
11 févr. 2023, 12:57:0911/02/2023
His country is the country you cannot enter.

I suggest you choke on a chicken bone, if your wife hasn't gulped it down.

Ash Wurthing

non lue,
11 févr. 2023, 14:16:2611/02/2023
Coward, you start a fight and now you sue for peace? By your own rules you got tats coming back at 'ya. Also, were you trying to lame me for being blind with the "I hope you can make them out"?
HYPOCRITE!: "Where did you get the idea that making fun of people for being blind was a "literary device"?" ~~ # George J Dance, Jun 6, 2022, 11:22:32 AM "Usenet's Greatest Poet / gjd" https://groups.google.com/g/alt.arts.poetry.comments/c/YWobkiCphYM/m/KbyqHm8pAQAJ

Georgie, no wonder you failed as a politician, thinking you can bullshit people. People can see through your lame attempts. Some good examples of how your spinning and twisting things about my work failing you: Using a single Shakespeare quote (the only direct reference to the Bard's work, not the three you wrongly claim) isn't "name dropping" or "show that I "knows all about" Shakespeare." Why didn't you provide the correct quote? You're the one trying to act like you know all about Shakespeare and failing.

Also you said I "falsely" attributed (which is a intentional act) while trying to lame me for being ignorant and making ignorant mistakes. The only "falsely" here is you falsely misrepresenting me, deceitful troll. As you and your goons like to whine-- words matter so die by the sword you insist on wielding. I have been neutral and sometimes polite TO YOU in commenting on your non attack poetry (which you had acknowledged and thanked me for), yet you conducted this unprovoked attack on my work. You violated your own "ethics," hypocrite. So your claims of moral superior when it comes to this fighting is bullshit.

"This is funny, but only in retrospect, since it was Shakespeare wrote "All the world's a stage" (which shows that the Ashtroll hasn't read that particular play), but since he hasn't shown off his knowledge of Shakespeare yet, a reader could be forgiven for missing it." ~~George J Dance

** I didn't say All the World's a stage-- he doesn't own the concept, the World being Life's stage, and not the only one among billions and centuries that could come up with that concept-- anyone not even knowing what he wrote could come up with that **

"Poor little fool.. He wanted to show that he "knows all about" Shakespeare, but ended up demonstrating only his own ignorance." ~~George J Dance

Although I must thank you for this thread, it's a wonderful gift, you trying to lame me as usual... and I will have much fun enjoying this, all in due time...
"Nine, nine days of pain
Been discovering
Nine, reborn again
Wisdom filling him"
-- 'Nine' ~~ Grand Magus

Don't even try to imply that "One Eyed King" refers to Shakespeare. There has been discussions about the one eye king here before.

Will Dockery

non lue,
11 févr. 2023, 15:09:4211/02/2023
So he claims, but since Ash is an anonymous troll, he can claim to be anything, from anywhere.

HTH and HAND.

ME

non lue,
11 févr. 2023, 16:07:5411/02/2023
Ash, you nailed that petty little fuck to the wall!!!
Well said!!!

Michael Pendragon

non lue,
11 févr. 2023, 17:27:1511/02/2023
On Saturday, February 11, 2023 at 9:05:14 AM UTC-5, George Dance wrote:
> On Wednesday, February 8, 2023 at 1:10:45 PM UTC-5, Michael Pendragon wrote:

> > > I admit, I've never heard of Dietz and Schwartz (whoever they were), nor I suspect did you until you Googled it.
> > WTF???
> >
> > It's a popular standard.
> >
> > It was introduced in the film version of "The Band Wagon" (which is generally regarded as one of the greatest movie musicals ever made. It also provided the title, and served as the theme song for, the popular "That's Entertainment!" series.
> <yawn>. This is a poetry group. Take it to rec.arts.movies. Or, since the song's older than I am, try rec.music-50s. I'm sure they'd love to hear from you again.
>
> > https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/That%27s_Entertainment!
> >
> You should know by now that if you want me to judge a song, don't give me a link to an article on how lovely it is. Send me a link so I can listen to it and make up my own mind. But since you obviously don't know that, I had to do it for myself:
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6gX37d2eP8

I didn't send you a link to a song, George.

I sent you a link to read about a series of extremely popular documentary films about MGM movie musicals.

I find it hard (if not impossible) to believe that you've never heard of the "That's Entertainment" film series.

"That's Entertainment" came out in 1974 and featured clips from various MGM musicals introduced by such legendary performers as Fred Astaire, Gene Kelly, James Stewart, Elizabeth Taylor, Debbie Reynolds, Bing Crosby, Frank Sinatra, and many others. It spawned sequels "TE II" and "TE III" (the latter of which I first saw in a movie theater), offshoots like "That's Dancing," and imitations like "Fred Astaire Salutes the Fox Musicals," and the tv series "That's Hollywood."

I watched all of the above numerous times, and was a devoted fan of "That's Hollywood."

> It's not bad; I'd say listening to it was worth four minutes of my life.
>
> > I cannot believe that anyone of our generation is unfamiliar with it. I've watched "That's Entertainment! I, II, and III dozens of times, and watched "The Band Wagon" dozens of times as well (I use a clip from it in one of my poetry videos, and my "Vampyre" movie was partly inspired by the "Girl Hunt Ballet" which appears in it).
>
> I bet you even sing along. I'm sure I've heard it, just never gave it any attention -- and I've certainly seen some of those iconic still shots. I'm far more familiar with Paul Weller's parody, which I'm sure given your musical superiority you must be as well.

I know music from the 1920s - 1960s. I've never heard of Paul Weller.

> > You're either playing dense again, or you've spent your entire life living under a pile of rocks.
> Well, now, let's give you an opportunity to show off your musical knowledge. Please compare Dietz's lyrics with Weller's.

I had to google Weller's song. It's a one-note joke that grows tired before the first verse has ended. And

Dietz's lyrics are a heartfelt tribute to the Hollywood musicals (and entertainment in general), are imaginative, interesting, rhyme, and are infinitely superior to Weller's.

> > > But I suspect they were as aware as I am that Shakespeare wrote that "All the world's a stage" hundreds of years earlier, and were referencing that. (You probably missed that quote as you were searching "The world is a stage" .)
> > >
> > Of course they (Dietz & Schwartz) are referring to Shakespeare.
> >
> And of course NastyGoon doesn't seem to have realized that as yet.

Of course she does, George.

She is saying that Ash was more likely referring to the song than to Shakespeare, since he used "they" instead of "he."

Obviously, one would not refer to Shakespeare as "they."

> > The question is whether Ash was referring to Shakespeare when he said "they."
> >
> He wasn't referring to anyone in particular, just like someone saying, "They say it's going to rain today."

That may be true. Either way, he wasn't referring Shakespeare.

> > The quote, from Melancholy Jacques' speech is paraphrased in another popular song, "Are You Lonesome Tonight," as well (recorded by Al Jolson, Elvis Presley, and others). In fact, it's been paraphrased in many forms of popular culture including Broadway and television, and Ash could have been referring to any one of those
> - or to Rush's iconic album (which again you must know all about, given your vastly superior musical knowledge).
> > -- or making a general statement inclusive of its variations in various media forms.
> That's exactly what the Ashtroll meant by "they say" -- it's something people say, who they are not being important. As I said, it's a stupid thing to use a Shakespeare quote for when you're pretending to know all about Shakespeare.

That's true... when viewed purely from the standpoint of who said it first.

However, since Shakespeare's day, it has become a commonplace truism, and "they say" is more accurate in keeping with today's world.

> > I'm sure Will Donkey can find a comic book it was paraphrased in as well.
> Some people are into comics, just the way some people are into old movies. It's their time; they can spend or waste it as they wish. A movie-watching Monkey may think himself "better" than a comic-reading Donkey, or vice versa, but that's just a subjective belief.

Film is a serious art form.

Granted, many of today's films are adapted from comic books -- but this movie-watching Monkey's fare includes masterpieces by the likes of Welles, Lang, Eisenstein, Bergman, Antonioni, Fellini, Lynch, Dreyer, Cocteau, Chaplin, Deren, Buñuel, Ford, Renoir, Coppola, Gilliam, Lewin, Reed, Boorman, Goddard, von Stroheim, von Sternberg, Griffith, Anger, Gance, Weir, Milestone, Vidor, Huston, and various other auteurs whose seminal works are still setting the benchmark for the medium today.

> > > Just because it's "all over the Internet" doesn't mean it should be "all over aapc" as well.
> > Catching the error is commendable. Thank you.
> >
> > Using it as a personal attack on "Ashtroll" is childish.
> He's an unreliable source, and his quotes cannot be trusted; one can't blame him for that, and he wasn't "attacked" for it.

Calling him "Ashtroll" sure sounds like an attack. So does your having created a thread in an attempt to shame him for an error.

> > > Don't be silly. The published plays of Shakespeare are all on the Internet on reliable sites. You can't trust everything you read on the Internet, because not all sites are reliable. It's just a matter of learning which sites are reliable, and which are not.
> > >
> > It has been brought to your attention, numerous times, that Ash suffers from severe visual impairment (and is legally blind). I suspect that his condition places restrictions upon his ability search the internet. Your repeated attempts to shame him for misspellings and (now) misquotes due, at least in part, to his blindness are deplorable.
> So that's the Ashtroll's excuse: he's too blind to search the Internet. I've decided to accept that, and I'll be sure to point it out for him myself as need arises.

I did not say that he was too blind to search it, George. Please stop putting idiotic words into my mouth. I said that it is significantly more difficult for him to do so than it is for someone with sight.

> Of course, I notice that you're still missing the point: the Ashtroll didn't have to search the internet in the first place. His Shakespeare misquote had nothing to do with his rant: the only reason he threw it in was to pretend to a knowledge of Shakespeare that he doesn't have. He wasn't attack for his goof, but for his phoniness.
> <snip>

I've no idea how much Shakespeare Ash has read, nor did I interpret his post to be claiming any expertise on the subject.

How much Shakespeare have you read, George?
For the record, I have read all of his sonnets, all of his tragedies, all of his comedies and about 1/3 of his historical plays.

NancyGene

non lue,
11 févr. 2023, 19:18:2411/02/2023
On Saturday, February 11, 2023 at 10:27:15 PM UTC, Michael Pendragon wrote:
> On Saturday, February 11, 2023 at 9:05:14 AM UTC-5, George Dance wrote:

> > > WTF???
> > >
> > > It's a popular standard.
> > >
> > > It was introduced in the film version of "The Band Wagon" (which is generally regarded as one of the greatest movie musicals ever made. It also provided the title, and served as the theme song for, the popular "That's Entertainment!" series.
> > <yawn>. This is a poetry group. Take it to rec.arts.movies. Or, since the song's older than I am, try rec.music-50s. I'm sure they'd love to hear from you again.

George Dance, please repeat that advice to Will Dockery, George Sulzbach and Isaac Chase.

> > > https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/That%27s_Entertainment!
> > >
> > You should know by now that if you want me to judge a song, don't give me a link to an article on how lovely it is. Send me a link so I can listen to it and make up my own mind. But since you obviously don't know that, I had to do it for myself:
> > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6gX37d2eP8
> I didn't send you a link to a song, George.
>
> I sent you a link to read about a series of extremely popular documentary films about MGM movie musicals.
>
> I find it hard (if not impossible) to believe that you've never heard of the "That's Entertainment" film series.

George Dance doesn't seem to have heard of what most people have heard of yet is indignant that his obscure references are not recognized.

> "That's Entertainment" came out in 1974 and featured clips from various MGM musicals introduced by such legendary performers as Fred Astaire, Gene Kelly, James Stewart, Elizabeth Taylor, Debbie Reynolds, Bing Crosby, Frank Sinatra, and many others. It spawned sequels "TE II" and "TE III" (the latter of which I first saw in a movie theater), offshoots like "That's Dancing," and imitations like "Fred Astaire Salutes the Fox Musicals," and the tv series "That's Hollywood."

We have seen most of those too but are not the film aficionados that you are, Michael. You probably like the clip from "A Date With Judy" (1948), which features Jane Powell singing and a camera swivel to the almost unbelievably beautiful 16 year old Elizabeth Taylor.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pyzmIaNy_rI (Elizabeth is at 2:20)

> I watched all of the above numerous times, and was a devoted fan of "That's Hollywood."
> > It's not bad; I'd say listening to it was worth four minutes of my life.
> >
> > > I cannot believe that anyone of our generation is unfamiliar with it. I've watched "That's Entertainment! I, II, and III dozens of times, and watched "The Band Wagon" dozens of times as well (I use a clip from it in one of my poetry videos, and my "Vampyre" movie was partly inspired by the "Girl Hunt Ballet" which appears in it).

We would watch it whenever it was repeated, when network TV was king.

> > I bet you even sing along. I'm sure I've heard it, just never gave it any attention -- and I've certainly seen some of those iconic still shots. I'm far more familiar with Paul Weller's parody, which I'm sure given your musical superiority you must be as well.
> >
> I know music from the 1920s - 1960s. I've never heard of Paul Weller.
That's another of George Dance's obscure references. "The Jam" never charted in the United States. Since there was no YouTube and they weren't played on the radio (or probably on TV either), no one here would be expected to know them.

> > > You're either playing dense again, or you've spent your entire life living under a pile of rocks.
> > Well, now, let's give you an opportunity to show off your musical knowledge. Please compare Dietz's lyrics with Weller's.
> I had to google Weller's song. It's a one-note joke that grows tired before the first verse has ended. And

We weren't impressed either. It's evidently a rant on how awful it is to live in England. So, he could go to Canada and see how he liked that.

> Dietz's lyrics are a heartfelt tribute to the Hollywood musicals (and entertainment in general), are imaginative, interesting, rhyme, and are infinitely superior to Weller's.
> > > >
> > > Of course they (Dietz & Schwartz) are referring to Shakespeare.
Duh, George Dance is trying to act smart.

> > And of course NastyGoon doesn't seem to have realized that as yet.
> Of course she does, George.
George Dance, you overestimate your own intelligence and vastly underestimate that of your fellow man. Are you insecure?

> She is saying that Ash was more likely referring to the song than to Shakespeare, since he used "they" instead of "he."
>
> Obviously, one would not refer to Shakespeare as "they."

"They" encompasses many people. "They say that falling in love is wonderful."

> > > The question is whether Ash was referring to Shakespeare when he said "they."
> > >
> > He wasn't referring to anyone in particular, just like someone saying, "They say it's going to rain today."
> That may be true. Either way, he wasn't referring Shakespeare.
> > > The quote, from Melancholy Jacques' speech is paraphrased in another popular song, "Are You Lonesome Tonight," as well (recorded by Al Jolson, Elvis Presley, and others). In fact, it's been paraphrased in many forms of popular culture including Broadway and television, and Ash could have been referring to any one of those
> > - or to Rush's iconic album (which again you must know all about, given your vastly superior musical knowledge).
> > > -- or making a general statement inclusive of its variations in various media forms.
> > That's exactly what the Ashtroll meant by "they say" -- it's something people say, who they are not being important. As I said, it's a stupid thing to use a Shakespeare quote for when you're pretending to know all about Shakespeare.
> >
> That's true... when viewed purely from the standpoint of who said it first.

Shakespeare said a lot of things, some of them first and some of them reworded.

> However, since Shakespeare's day, it has become a commonplace truism, and "they say" is more accurate in keeping with today's world.
> > > I'm sure Will Donkey can find a comic book it was paraphrased in as well.
> > Some people are into comics, just the way some people are into old movies. It's their time; they can spend or waste it as they wish. A movie-watching Monkey may think himself "better" than a comic-reading Donkey, or vice versa, but that's just a subjective belief.
> >
> Film is a serious art form.
One is not likely to learn much from reading a comic book.

> Granted, many of today's films are adapted from comic books -- but this movie-watching Monkey's fare includes masterpieces by the likes of Welles, Lang, Eisenstein, Bergman, Antonioni, Fellini, Lynch, Dreyer, Cocteau, Chaplin, Deren, Buñuel, Ford, Renoir, Coppola, Gilliam, Lewin, Reed, Boorman, Goddard, von Stroheim, von Sternberg, Griffith, Anger, Gance, Weir, Milestone, Vidor, Huston, and various other auteurs whose seminal works are still setting the benchmark for the medium today.

The writing on the first wave of comic book-based super hero films was much better than it is currently.

> > > Catching the error is commendable. Thank you.
> > >
> > > Using it as a personal attack on "Ashtroll" is childish.
> > He's an unreliable source, and his quotes cannot be trusted; one can't blame him for that, and he wasn't "attacked" for it.
> Calling him "Ashtroll" sure sounds like an attack. So does your having created a thread in an attempt to shame him for an error.

George Dance persists in acting like an insecure child. His quotes and recollections are the ones that cannot be trusted. When confronted with that, he goes ballistic.

> > > It has been brought to your attention, numerous times, that Ash suffers from severe visual impairment (and is legally blind). I suspect that his condition places restrictions upon his ability search the internet. Your repeated attempts to shame him for misspellings and (now) misquotes due, at least in part, to his blindness are deplorable.
> > So that's the Ashtroll's excuse: he's too blind to search the Internet. I've decided to accept that, and I'll be sure to point it out for him myself as need arises.
> I did not say that he was too blind to search it, George. Please stop putting idiotic words into my mouth. I said that it is significantly more difficult for him to do so than it is for someone with sight.

That he can do it at all is to be commended.

> > Of course, I notice that you're still missing the point: the Ashtroll didn't have to search the internet in the first place. His Shakespeare misquote had nothing to do with his rant: the only reason he threw it in was to pretend to a knowledge of Shakespeare that he doesn't have. He wasn't attack for his goof, but for his phoniness.
> > <snip>
> I've no idea how much Shakespeare Ash has read, nor did I interpret his post to be claiming any expertise on the subject.
We didn't either, and George Dance was the one who set up the straw man.

> How much Shakespeare have you read, George?
> For the record, I have read all of his sonnets, all of his tragedies, all of his comedies and about 1/3 of his historical plays.

The Donkey would complain that no one has written it in "modern" language so that he could understand it.

Will Dockery

non lue,
11 févr. 2023, 22:05:3211/02/2023
George Dance wrote:

> On Wednesday, February 8, 2023 at 9:22:14 AM UTC-5, Ash Wurthing decided to prove he did, too, know something about English poetry by namedropping William Shakespeare (with hilarious results):

>> Now where was I?
>> Is that the smell of burnt threads in the morning? Incinerated intentions and dreams scorched? How pleasing, it inspires me to recite some verses!
>>
>> They do say that the World is a stage and so would be the venues of the Digital Age. And this place is as good as any for me to play my part and howl my discontent to the Abyss...
>>

> This is funny, but only in retrospect, since it was Shakespeare wrote "All the world's a stage" (which shows that the Ashtroll hasn't read that particular play), but since he hasn't shown off his knowledge of Shakespeare yet, a reader could be forgiven for missing it.

>> As Human pride rises, rationality unwinds
>> The One Eyed King will always command the ignorance of the blind
>> And the meek shall inherit their World's untimely demise

> And here comes the stupid Shakespeare quote:
>>
>> "What a terrible era in which idiots govern the blind."
>> -- 'Julius Caesar' ~~ William Shakespeare

> First of all, this is not a Shakespeare quote. It's someone else's mangled version of a Shakespeare quote. (Not the Ashtroll's; he just found and read it on the interwebs.)
> Second, even the real quote that's been mauled doesn't come from Julius Caesar. So why did the Ashtroll credit that play? Because whatever he found on the interwebs said it was from Julius Caesar.

> That makes three plays the Ashtroll doesn't know:
> (1) Julius Caesar (to which he falsely attributes the quote).
> (2) King Lear (where the Shakespeare line he misquotes appears); and
> (3) As You Like It (where the Shakespeare quote he almost gets right, but attributes to "They," appears).

> Poor little fool.. He wanted to show that he "knows all about" Shakespeare, but ended up demonstrating only his own ignorance.

Still waiting for "The Ash History of Comix" since he knows "all about" them.

🙂

Le message a été supprimé

Will Dockery

non lue,
12 févr. 2023, 05:12:5312/02/2023
Ash Wurthing wrote:
> On Saturday, February 11, 2023 at 10:48:47 PM UTC-5, Edward Rochester Esq. wrote:
>
>> "Still waiting for "The Ash History of Comix" since he knows "all about" them."
>
> WTF? Did I wake up in the Twilight Zone? Ash doesn't know or gives any shits about "Comix."

***

"And to rub salt in, I know all about comics, have had work _deposited_ (not registered, that's the USCO) with the Library of Congress for over 30 years now." ---Ash Wurthing (Saturday, May 15, 2021)

https://groups.google.com/g/alt.arts.poetry.c omments/c/IuKNTT9c__0/m/FfDSBlmNCQAJ

***

(Moved from the troll thread.)

Zod

non lue,
12 févr. 2023, 16:54:5012/02/2023
You have nailed it, Doc...!

Will Dockery

non lue,
12 févr. 2023, 17:19:1812/02/2023
I wonder how many times Ash is going to deny he wrote that?

:)

ME

non lue,
12 févr. 2023, 17:27:5812/02/2023
Twat, that’s another of your post-edits that you’ve attributed to another here. Just because you posted some malicious lies here, doesn’t make it the truth.

No one believes anything you post here.
It’s all lies and misrepresentations.
That’s what you do, will.

Will Dockery

non lue,
12 févr. 2023, 17:33:1712/02/2023
They don't have to, they can check it out for themselves:

----
"And to rub salt in, I know all about comics, have had work _deposited_ (not registered, that's the USCO) with the Library of Congress for over 30 years now." ---Ash Wurthing (Saturday, May 15, 2021)

https://groups.google.com/g/alt.arts.poetry.c omments/c/IuKNTT9c__0/m/FfDSBlmNCQAJ
----

HTH and HAND.

ME

non lue,
12 févr. 2023, 17:36:0912/02/2023
But he don’t have to show you his sketches, will!!!!

You just don’t get it do you?

Will Dockery

non lue,
12 févr. 2023, 17:41:2412/02/2023
I only asked to see examples of his comics after Ash bragged about it so much.

HTH and HAND.

General-Zod

non lue,
12 févr. 2023, 17:45:1512/02/2023
Yep, that's right...!

ME

non lue,
12 févr. 2023, 17:56:4212/02/2023
That’s bull shit, will.
And your lies and misrepresentation of what Ash actually responded to that day, are well documented here.
So why you try to , I once again, try to perpetuate this lie about Ash has become rather ridiculous.

W.Dockery

non lue,
12 févr. 2023, 19:00:1612/02/2023
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

https://groups.google.com/g/alt.arts.poetry.c omments/c/IuKNTT9c__0/m/FfDSBlmNCQAJ

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

>> > But he don’t have to show you his sketches, will!!!!
>> >
>> > You just don’t get it do you?
>> I only asked to see examples of his comics after Ash bragged about it so much.
>>
>> HTH and HAND.

> That’s bull shit, will.
> And your lies and misrepresentation of what Ash actually responded to that day, are well documented here.
> So why you try to , I once again, try to perpetuate this lie about Ash has become rather ridiculous.

The quote above shows what Ash wrote.

HTH and HAND.

Ash Wurthing

non lue,
12 févr. 2023, 23:25:3612/02/2023
You really should include everything I said, misrepresenter. What are you trying to hide from the reader?
And what assurance does the reader have that the so called "record" keeper didn't post edit and delete what he calls "lies and misrepresentations"?

Will Dockery

non lue,
12 févr. 2023, 23:37:3512/02/2023
Ash Wurthing wrote:

> Will Dockery wrote:
>> ME wrote:
>> The quote above shows what Ash wrote.

> You really should include everything I said

We can bump the original thread if you think that will change anything.

HTH and HAND.

Will Dockery

non lue,
12 févr. 2023, 23:43:0812/02/2023
Click the link for full discussion ^^^^^^^^^^

> ***
>
> (Moved from the troll thread.)

W-Dockery

non lue,
13 févr. 2023, 00:20:1513/02/2023
Here's the original post, Ash:

https://news.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=198991&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#198991

Will Dockery wrote:

> On Saturday, May 15, 2021 at 4:47:27 PM UTC-4, Ash Wurthing wrote:

>> > Again you have that backwards, Ash, but you seem to do that a lot.
>
> > It is your wannabe thug friends who keep screaming their imaginary victory, this is /not/ a contest for me, I'm only here for the poetry.
>
> > (Moved from the troll thread begun by Nancy G.)
>
> Do and say as you want, but it doesn't change the fact that you're stuck here wasting your time in fighting for your glory days acid flashbacks and the rest of the world has left you behind. You lost the battle for new readers. And to rub salt in, I know all about comics, have had work _deposited_ (not registered, that's the USCO) with the Library of Congress for over 30 years now.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

There's the original post, where you are obviously bragging about comics work you still can't show any examples of, Ash.

HTH and HAND.

https://news.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=198991&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#198991

Zod

non lue,
13 févr. 2023, 17:21:1113/02/2023
On Monday, February 13, 2023 at 12:20:15 AM UTC-5, W-Dockery wrote:
> Here's the original post, Ash:
>
> https://news.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=198991&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#198991
>
> Will Dockery wrote:

> > > It is your wannabe thug friends who keep screaming their imaginary victory, this is /not/ a contest for me, I'm only here for the poetry.
> >
> > > (Moved from the troll thread begun by Nancy G.)
> >
> > Do and say as you want, but it doesn't change the fact that you're stuck here wasting your time in fighting for your glory days acid flashbacks and the rest of the world has left you behind. You lost the battle for new readers. And to rub salt in, I know all about comics, have had work _deposited_ (not registered, that's the USCO) with the Library of Congress for over 30 years now.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>
> There's the original post, where you are obviously bragging about comics work you still can't show any examples of, Ash.
>
> HTH and HAND.
>
> https://news.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=198991&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#198991

There it is... for ALL to see for themselves... ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Will Dockery

non lue,
14 févr. 2023, 04:33:4314/02/2023
Ash Wurthing wrote:

>> > WTF? Did I wake up in the Twilight Zone? Ash doesn't know or gives any shits about "Comix."
>>
>> ***
>>
>> "And to rub salt in, I know all about comics, have had work _deposited_ (not registered, that's the USCO) with the Library of Congress for over 30 years now." ---Ash Wurthing (Saturday, May 15, 2021)
>>
>> https://groups.google.com/g/alt.arts.poetry.c omments/c/IuKNTT9c__0/m/FfDSBlmNCQAJ

> Click the link for full discussion ^^^^^^^^^^

>> ***
>>
>> (Moved from the troll thread.)

Again, simple enough to comprehend.

HTH and HAND.

Ash Wurthing

non lue,
14 févr. 2023, 05:10:4814/02/2023
Which you failed in quite ignominiously!
I don't need to read anything-- I know exactly what I said which you cannot seem to comprehend.
And what do you think you're attempting to insinuate by putting these two quotes of mine together?

Psst, the link somehow got broken...

W-Dockery

non lue,
14 févr. 2023, 06:05:1314/02/2023
Ash Wurthing wrote:

> On Tuesday, February 14, 2023 at 4:33:43 AM UTC-5, Will Dockery wrote:
>
>> Again, simple enough to comprehend.

> Which you failed

Absolutely not:

"And to rub salt in, I know all about comics, have had work _deposited_ (not registered, that's the USCO) with the Library of Congress for over 30 years now." -Ash Wurthing (Saturday, May 15, 2021)

https://groups.google.com/g/alt.arts.poetry.comments/c/IuKNTT9c__0/m/FfDSBlmNCQAJ

And, by the way, the link works.

HTH and HAND.

Ash Wurthing

non lue,
14 févr. 2023, 07:18:4814/02/2023
I get to nail the liar and misrepresentator again! Where's your proof that I denied it? Should be easy enough to provide-- even for Dumblumbus "baffoons" to do...

W-Dockery

non lue,
14 févr. 2023, 07:30:1414/02/2023
Since it's in this very thread, yes.

🙂

Ash Wurthing

non lue,
14 févr. 2023, 07:35:2714/02/2023
On Saturday, February 11, 2023 at 3:09:42 PM UTC-5, Will Dockery wrote:
> On Saturday, February 11, 2023 at 12:57:09 PM UTC-5, Edward Rochester Esq. wrote:

> > > It matches what I've read on the group too. The one curious thing I've noticed, though, is that those who keep saying it always say "his Country," but never tell us what Country is his.
> > >
> > > Back when he was spewing out all that Covid propaganda I used to wonder whether "his Country" was Communist China. Of course, since he wasn't trolling me at the time, I kept that question to myself.
> > His country is the country you cannot enter.
> So he claims, but since Ash is an anonymous troll, he can claim to be anything, from anywhere.

Oh this is lovely-- are you saying that I'm lying about what country I come from? Lo7! I'll remember that and grin whenever I wear my uniform and get my health care from the VA...
When I told Jordy that some day I could meet him up in West Haven, I will be there as a guest of the VA. To encourage me to go to their inpatient rehab program, they gave me a choice of ANY of their faculties across the country to go to. When the time comes, I will be goin' to West Haven so not to waste their money with unneeded travel.

Ash Wurthing

non lue,
14 févr. 2023, 07:41:0914/02/2023
Gotcha again!! It now works after you post edited it liar!
Look below:
Will Dockery
4:33 AM (3 hours ago)
Ash Wurthing wrote:

>> > WTF? Did I wake up in the Twilight Zone? Ash doesn't know or gives any shits about "Comix."
>>
>> ***
>>
>> "And to rub salt in, I know all about comics, have had work _deposited_ (not registered, that's the USCO) with the Library of Congress for over 30 years now." ---Ash Wurthing (Saturday, May 15, 2021)
>>
>> https://groups.google.com/g/alt.arts.poetry.c omments/c/IuKNTT9c__0/m/FfDSBlmNCQAJ

> Click the link for full discussion ^^^^^^^^^^
https://groups.google.com/g/alt.arts.poetry.comments/c/cQx-pzvZMR8/m/G1A4RSw5AQAJ

Why must you be so deceitful?

W.Dockery

non lue,
14 févr. 2023, 07:45:1814/02/2023
Ash Wurthing wrote:

> On Saturday, February 11, 2023 at 3:09:42 PM UTC-5, Will Dockery wrote:

>> > His country is the country you cannot enter.
>> So he claims, but since Ash is an anonymous troll, he can claim to be anything, from anywhere.

> Oh this is lovely-- are you saying that I'm lying about what country I come from?

I'm saying an anonymous troll can claim to be anything he wants to claim.

You should know that, Ash.

HTH and HAND.

Ash Wurthing

non lue,
14 févr. 2023, 09:19:1614/02/2023
No, I don't hypocrite-- you trust anything that Jordy says-- Jordy isn't even his name! General Zod, Rocky nor Victor H is your ass buddy's name either. You believe everything that % posts as well. I wasn't an anonymous troll when you were welcoming me in the beginning...
So why are you avoiding the fact that you post edited the link when I pointed out that it was broken? You didn't even put up the broken link in the first place but your damned pride made you play the liar! The link was broken the first time you referred to it but you had to post edit it to make it look like it wasn't broken and lied that it wasn't broken to try to make it look like I was lying.

Your ass opinion editor really has a hard one for me-- in your own words, he will try every trick to flame me. But all he ended up doing was looking like such a fool to those of us with some intelligence. Well, at least you clowns provide cheap entertainment and compelling precautionary tales,,,

%

non lue,
14 févr. 2023, 09:37:2314/02/2023
Ash Wurthing wrote:
> You believe everything that % posts as well.

Please show me one thing I've lied about, Wurthing.

Ash Wurthing

non lue,
14 févr. 2023, 10:23:2614/02/2023
I didn't say that %, Zod or Jordy lied...
I said that Will doesn't question anything that his side or anyone that posts that Will can use for his flame war. Will didn't question anything I said when we were on speaking terms and his thought I was against his enemies. IIRC, Will has replied "well said" to my posts in the beginning.

George Dance

non lue,
14 févr. 2023, 10:24:1214/02/2023
On Saturday, February 11, 2023 at 12:57:09 PM UTC-5, Edward Rochester Esq. wrote:
> On Saturday, February 11, 2023 at 12:44:07 PM UTC-5, George Dance wrote:

> > > That sounds believable.
> > It matches what I've read on the group too. The one curious thing I've noticed, though, is that those who keep saying it always say "his Country," but never tell us what Country is his.
> >
> > Back when he was spewing out all that Covid propaganda I used to wonder whether "his Country" was Communist China. Of course, since he wasn't trolling me at the time, I kept that question to myself.
> His country is the country you cannot enter.

I can't "enter" any of them -- I don't have a passport, remember? Knowing you, you don't, but I don't think I"m the only one who remembers the lies you've written about that.

> I suggest you choke on a chicken bone, if your wife hasn't gulped it down.

""The creatures outside looked from Chimp to Dink, and from Dink to Chimp, and from Chimp to Dink again; but already it was impossible to say which was which."
(apologies to George Orwell)

Ash Wurthing

non lue,
14 févr. 2023, 10:33:3814/02/2023
On Tuesday, February 14, 2023 at 10:23:26 AM UTC-5, Ash Wurthing wrote:
> I didn't say that %, Zod or Jordy lied...
> I said that Will doesn't question anything that his side or anyone that posts that Will can use for his flame war. Will didn't question anything I said when we were on speaking terms and his thought I was against his enemies. IIRC, Will has replied "well said" to my posts in the beginning.

Re: Did Mensa-Man say this?
W-Dockery
Jan 17, 2022, 7:15:07 PM
> Otoh, attacking a blind man

I didn't know that Ash was blind, in fact I don't know much about Ash, or really care.
I still don't know that Ash is really blind, actually, since an anonymous troll can claim anything.
You know that.
https://groups.google.com/g/alt.arts.poetry.comments/c/13OBW5EAT-g/m/gAMLEc5zAQAJ
--------

Actually, if I was going to remain anonymous and a stranger to the group, I wouldn't have let anyone know of my weakness because too many would use it to have an advantage over me or something to ridicule me with (like #George J Dance #Will Dockery and #General Zod do-- "Here's a peace offering. Great lyrics; I hope you can make them out." ~~George J Dance). I mentioned the blindness so to let those I interact with know why my posts would some times seem screwy or if I miss something important- that I'm not ignoring them. Where I'm from, my work, you don't show weakness-- and that's possibly even just as important on the Internet where jackals prowl looking for prey to satisfy their petty ego fixes. Being disabled can be lonely to a normal person because you cannot let dog eat dog people know your weakness, cannot speak about it because it makes decent people uncomfortable. But I'm not normal- I've seen solitary confinement that would make most crack so I can deal with disability setting one apart from everyone else.

Re: Good Bye Cruel World*
...The difference is that when you called me out on it, I immediately corrected myself. When has any of the 5 on your list, including Ash or Robert in this case, ever corrected one of their allegations? Let it pass, then. It's not worth derailing this thread over. He says he's a war veteran, and he's blind, but of course he's anonymous and can say anything."

So funny, Will accepted anything I said before we starred battling, just like he does with those that are on his side. Did he ever ask Jordy for proof of income to prove that he was well off as he was so proud to make sure we all knew about here- that those fools bumped a whole thread just about it for months? You know that would be considered bragging just like that Mack did...
Sordid ignorant Boomers, the younger generations are not impressed with fools like you.

Jordy C

non lue,
14 févr. 2023, 10:51:2014/02/2023
You seem to be a very interesting, intriguing, complex
Character, and it would be a pleasure to meet you…

NancyGene

non lue,
14 févr. 2023, 11:05:0114/02/2023
Wear red and put a rose in your teeth so that Ash will know it's you and can knock you on your keister.

Edward Rochester Esq.

non lue,
14 févr. 2023, 11:07:4914/02/2023
Meet Dockery first, then Sulzbach, then Ash for a complete picture of who intrigues or disgusts.

Will Dockery

non lue,
14 févr. 2023, 11:20:0114/02/2023
On Tuesday, February 14, 2023 at 10:23:26 AM UTC-5, Ash Wurthing wrote:

> I didn't say that %, Zod or Jordy lied...
> I said that Will doesn't question anything that his side or anyone that posts that Will can use for his flame war. Will didn't question anything I said when we were on speaking terms and his thought I was against his enemies. IIRC, Will has replied "well said" to my posts in the beginning.

If I have a question, I ask it, Ash.

You bragged about your comics, so I was interested in seeing your work.

HTH and HAND.

Ash Wurthing

non lue,
14 févr. 2023, 11:57:0614/02/2023
sWilly ain't interested in my personal business but obsessively wants proof of my work being deposited with the LoC because of copyright registration and mandatory deposit of works printed in the US. He wants proof that I'm retired military and a veteran disabled by blindness. That all requires me showing documents with my personal info -- which is my personal business. Also it would probably be unwise to be show proof such as military ID or military/VA documentation concerning my service connected disability which is a 100% rating so I get full VA benefits. The VA sends the same transport that they provide wheel chair bound veterans which not just any vet can qualify for.

Speaking of blindness, I caused a panic the other day-- had highway construction crew panicking- as I heard over the radio of the gent that came to get me out-- they were wondering how a blind man got into their construction zone. I walked of course thanks to the guide cane that the VA provided and trained me on and it's very obvious to everyone what it means. So I ended up getting a personal escort through the zone and then back through it-- a quarter mile strip.

The concern I often stir up when I try to do things out in public. Some times it gets annoying, people trying to assist me. But I can't complain 'cause when I screw up tryin' to do things myself, I can get myself into a real screwed up situation and could use the assistance.

And yes, I had sight at one time, that's how I was able to serve in the military. I was goin' for lifetime but my duty had exacting standards so a partial vision loss was enough to disqualify me from sny further world wide deployments. Even with partial vision, I still served in the civilian world until it completely failed. That's why I say I'm on borrowed time-- once the retinas are damaged it's all down hill from there and age related macular degeneration will quickly take out the 5% I have managed to keep in one eye. That's 5% of the retina. Rather than try to explain, let me gouge out one of your eyes and tape over the other with just a small hole punched in it and you will see what I mean.

Will Dockery

non lue,
14 févr. 2023, 12:12:1614/02/2023
To get this thread back on topic, here's the original post, Ash:

Ash Wurthing

non lue,
14 févr. 2023, 14:06:5214/02/2023
You have yet to prove that I bragged. I've been waiting to be able to say this: "Know your idioms, idiot!"

(to know) all about (something): (to know) about (something) in detail, (to know) everything about (something)
https://www.gymglish.com/en/gymglish/english-translation/know-all-about
also see:
"To know all about something" vs. "a know-all"
https://english.stackexchange.com/questions/396261/to-know-all-about-something-vs-a-know-all
Real world example usage of the phrase:
"Do you know all about Idioms? Well, they're a figure of speech ..." https://m.facebook.com/hooplakidz/videos/idioms/2721073351469706/
Did that say expert?

Funny thing, one of the synonyms for know all about it well versed, like -- so is Dockery claiming to be an expert on Cohen when he said he was well read with Cohen?

But you finally got your tense straight, huh? How many times did it take me pointing that out to you? You and Zod have been saying I've been bragging about my comics work for the last year or so, like I'm always doing it. I said something about my work once to you. And my posting my original statement isn't bragging, just me posting my original statement. After you accused me of bragging AGAIN by merely posting what I originally said, showed how clueless (and fixated on misrepresenting) and how futile discussing this like rational individuals. It's apparent that you're just too interested in obsessively trying to lame me.

Your response to me back then was not simply you being interested in see my work.
Look at how you reacted:
Ash Wurthing
May 15, 2021, 4:47:27 PM
Do and say as you want, but it doesn't change the fact that you're stuck here wasting your time in fighting for your glory days acid flashbacks and the rest of the world has left you behind. You lost the battle for new readers. And to rub salt in, I know all about comics, have had work _deposited_ (not registered, that's the USCO) with the Library of Congress for over 30 years now."
https://groups.google.com/g/alt.arts.poetry.comments/c/IuKNTT9c__0/m/FfDSBlmNCQAJ

Will Dockery
May 15, 2021, 5:09:18 PM
On Saturday, May 15, 2021 at 4:47:27 PM UTC-4, Ash Wurthing wrote:
< I know all about comics,

That's a lot to know, and easy to claim.

< have had work _deposited_ (not registered, that's the USCO) with the Library of Congress for over 30 years now

So you say but I don't expect you to show any examples, such is the nature of the imaginary victory.

Meanwhile, here's one of my comics that has been at the Library of Congress since 1989, just over thirty years:

Will Dockery
May 15, 2021, 5:39:06 PM

Wurthing wrote:
< I know all about comics,

That's a lot to know, and easy to claim.

< have had work _deposited_

Are you listed on the "Who's Who of American Comic Books 1928-1999", and if so, what name are you using, Ash?

I am:

< (not registered, that's the USCO) with the Library of Congress for over 30 years now

So you say but I don't expect you to show any examples, such is the nature of the imaginary victory.

Meanwhile, here's one of my comics that has been at the Library of Congress since 1989, just over thirty years:

**you repeated your bragging and even threw in more bragging in an attempt to impress me**

Ash Wurthing
May 15, 2021, 6:26:07 PM
You obviously didn't understand that my statement was a final dismissal of you (and the only reason I finally mentioned anything of myself-- for the irony, the one person you could have had a shared interest with)

--------
Unfortunately, I told you about my work only to let you know that you wouldn't be seeing because you blew the chance at sharing a common interest with me. But after seeing your reaction and the bullying and ridicule from you and your crew, I wouldn't trust any of you- even with peace here.

Ash Wurthing

non lue,
14 févr. 2023, 14:15:1414/02/2023
sWilly, why are so stupid that it's silly?! It's cause you're covering up for and deflecting for your ass opinion editor. Original topic of this thread was Dance showing his ass by violating his very own tat ethic. Dance has publicly thanked me for leaving his PPB posts and his poetry out of our fighting, yet he came after one of my pieces just to blatantly lame me. And he really fucked that up where he just ended up laming himself!
Chargement d'autres messages en cours.
0 nouveau message