Re: Linkchecker Ver 3.1 (new experience) issues.

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Google Ads Scripts Forum Advisor

Jul 28, 2022, 12:44:25 AM7/28/22
to adwords...@googlegroups.com
Hi Sándor,

Thank you for following up. We'll surely update this thread the soonest the team share their investigation findings.

Regards,
Google Logo
Teejay Wennie
Google Ads Scripts Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2atbpH:ref

Leon Latypov

Aug 11, 2022, 11:17:56 AM8/11/22
to Google Ads Scripts Forum
Hi Scripts team.

Has been any update on this issue? We're still getting alerts from Google ads reminding us of the fast approaching October 31st deadline for migrating to using only new experience scripts and we don't want to be left without the ability to use the 3.1 (or the 2.2) Linkchecker scripts.  Also, if there an ETA on when you will publish a new version of the Negative keyword conflicts script that is usable in the new experience?  I only see the Legacy version published.

Thank you,

Google Ads Scripts Forum Advisor

Aug 12, 2022, 12:17:54 AM8/12/22
to adwords...@googlegroups.com

Hello Leon,

As of the moment, we have yet to receive any updates regarding the Link Checker version 3.1. Additionally, we won’t be able to provide you a definite timeline for the Negative keyword conflicts script in the new scripts experience.

On the other hand, we are launching a limited series of office hours sessions on a first come, first serve basis. You may book a session to further understand the changes being made to a particular script in the New Script Experience.

If you're interested, check out more information on our office hours information page

Best Regards,

Google Logo
Angel Maia
Google Ads Scripts Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2atbpH:ref

Leon Latypov

Aug 12, 2022, 9:52:44 AM8/12/22
to Google Ads Scripts Forum
Hi Angel,

That's disappointing. Also, I'm unable to book any office hours meetings as there doesn't seem to be any available days in 2022 ( or 2023).

Google Ads Scripts Forum Advisor

Aug 12, 2022, 10:22:57 AM8/12/22
to adwords...@googlegroups.com
Hi Leon,

Thanks for letting us know. Please allow me to check with our team about the scheduling.

Regards,

Google Logo
Matt
Google Ads Scripts Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2atbpH:ref

Google Ads Scripts Forum Advisor

Sep 6, 2022, 9:44:34 AM9/6/22
to adwords...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I wanted to provide an update here. I've found the underlying issue in the link checker script, and am working on a new version. I'll let you know here once I've been able to publish the new version that you can update to.

Regards,
Mike, Google Ads Scripts Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2atbpH:ref

Maciej Ilczyszyn

Sep 7, 2022, 3:59:40 AM9/7/22
to Google Ads Scripts Forum
Great, we are waiting, thank you

George Lambrou

Oct 20, 2022, 5:49:00 AM10/20/22
to Google Ads Scripts Forum
Hi ,

Any news about the new version? We are still having issues with 3.1 version.

Thank you

Maryanne Vongpradith

Oct 20, 2022, 5:49:00 AM10/20/22
to Google Ads Scripts Forum
Hi Mike,
Have you been able to make any progress here?

Thanks,
Maryanne

Leon Latypov

Oct 23, 2022, 12:18:08 AM10/23/22
to Google Ads Scripts Forum
The new linkchecker scripts, both the MCC level and the CID level are now working fine for me. Mike and his team where able to make some updates that fixed the issues for me. The new issue is, how do I update 200 scripts by the deadline of 10/31. I'm hoping there's an extension and they don't stay with the original migration date as if the scripts worked at first. I'm asking for details of the migration rollout in this post

Luuk

Oct 24, 2022, 2:49:01 AM10/24/22
to Google Ads Scripts Forum
Hi,

Thanks for posting an update. I was following this thread since I had similar issues. Did mike and his team update any script code on your side or did they make some changes on the side of Google Ads where the scripts are processed?

If they updated it on your side. Would you be able to share your updated version so I can compare it with ours or compare it with the one in the documentation?

Thanks in advance. By the way, I will +1 your other post as well, since we have a couple of scripts that don’t run in the new environment but support hasn’t had time to look at them yet.

Leon Latypov

Oct 24, 2022, 9:52:58 AM10/24/22
to Google Ads Scripts Forum
Hi Luuk,

I just used the updated versions of the scripts that Google published in their "solutions" page about 3 weeks ago:  new linkchecker scripts. I updated the email subject lines, the spreadsheet URL, the email address that the notifications get sent to, saved and authorized the scripts and then set the frequency, (hourly for the linkcheckers). Just make sure you're copying the correct script from the manager account / single account sections of the page.

Luuk

Oct 24, 2022, 1:25:54 PM10/24/22
to Google Ads Scripts Forum
I see. The part “Mike and his team where able to make some updates that fixed the issues for me.” made me think they made some specific adjustments in your version of the script which they haven’t updated on the solutions page yet. As per your latest update, I assume this isn’t the case and it just randomly started working for you?

Unfortunately, I see the version in the documentation is still on 3.1 and I don't see any recent changes on that page.

Sándor Gasparics

Oct 26, 2022, 10:18:31 AM10/26/22
to Google Ads Scripts Forum
You linked one other script, not the link checker, and in the link chehcker page only available the old 3.1 version, or, when they updated the script, leave the original version number in the changelog section.

So, this is a new 3.1 version, modified and works fine?

Luuk

Oct 26, 2022, 10:54:50 AM10/26/22
to Google Ads Scripts Forum
I just re-enabled our version of the v3.1 MCC link checker. I can give you an update in about 24 hours :)

Luuk

Oct 27, 2022, 10:58:15 AM10/27/22
to Google Ads Scripts Forum
Unfortunately, it still throws adsapp internal errors for us, so we will wait a few days and try again.

Google Ads Scripts Forum Advisor

Oct 31, 2022, 11:09:10 AM10/31/22
to adwords...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

The newest published version of the script is still labeled as 3.1, but does include a bug fix that addresses the "never finishing" issue. You can get the code here: https://developers.google.com/google-ads/scripts/docs/solutions/link-checker

Joe Doe

Oct 31, 2022, 4:04:59 PM10/31/22
to Google Ads Scripts Forum
I've today tried to use the newest version from the template section in the google ads account.
I've tried single account script in an account with lots of campaigns/ads -> not working (no entries in the spreadsheet but added labels to the campaigns)
And I have activated the "Save OK URLs to spreadsheet?"-Function. So there should be entries at all...

(It stopped after 600 seconds)
31.10.2022 20:30:22
Starting a new analysis.
31.10.2022 20:40:15
Exception: Call to GoogleAdsService.Search failed: The request took too long to respond. at adsapp_compiled:18880:138 at adsapp_compiled:18891:9 at sa (adsapp_compiled:236:15) at Object.search (adsapp_compiled:244:20) at aJ.search (adsapp_compiled:19011:36) at JI.search (adsapp_compiled:18576:19) at KI.search (adsapp_compiled:18671:20) at RI.search (adsapp_compiled:18763:19) at md (adsapp_compiled:1077:32) at md.next (<anonymous>)

---

In MCC Version the script stops after a few seconds without results (in this MCC is also the large single account located that I've mentioned before)

31.10.2022 20:41:27Starting a new analysis.
31.10.2022 20:41:34Found 0 errors this execution.
31.10.2022 20:41:35Found 0 errors across the entire analysis.

@Mike from adsscripts:
Have you ever tried the script on real ads accounts from your side? It not, let us know and we can proved you a large account or a mcc account for testing this script (or every script that not changes anything except labels)...

Best
Joe

Luuk

Nov 7, 2022, 3:21:37 AM11/7/22
to Google Ads Scripts Forum
Thanks for letting us know. Why is the version number kept the same? That doesn’t really make sense if you fix a bug, right?

We are using a custom version of the script so I have compared the both 3.1 versions to see what changes I have to port to our custom version. However, comparing the current 3.1 version from the documentation to a 3.1. version I saved earlier on my local drive, shows there are no differences at all. When was the script updated?

Google Ads Scripts Forum Advisor

Nov 8, 2022, 10:23:08 AM11/8/22
to adwords...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

The lack of version number update was an error. The new version was published on September 20, 2022. If you are still experiencing issues with the latest version, can you provide any more specific details so we can investigate?

Maciej Ilczyszyn

Nov 18, 2022, 5:19:09 AM11/18/22
to Google Ads Scripts Forum
New MCC Link Checker (3.1.) doesn't work same good as old one (2.2.)

At my MCC I have old version running at the old scripts experience.
Both use the same spreadsheet.

Old one finds more bad urls.
Then I switch off schedule for it, turn on schedule for new version and it finds less bad urls.

Tried 2 times, always the same.

Please queue my inquiry and I will share the data you need to investigate it.

Seeing other topics on the same problem, there is a lot of people struggling with this script:

Maciej Ilczyszyn

Dec 18, 2022, 4:49:15 PM12/18/22
to Google Ads Scripts Forum
Hello, Scripts Team

Do you have any news or updates for us?

Google Ads Scripts Forum Advisor

Dec 20, 2022, 5:17:49 AM12/20/22
to adwords...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

No updates yet.

Regards,
Mike, Google Ads API Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2atbpH:ref

Google Ads Scripts Forum Advisor

Apr 3, 2023, 2:41:09 AM4/3/23
to adwords...@googlegroups.com

Hi All,

Just circling back to this thread as there has been a new version of the Link Checker solution script for single accounts released wherein sitelinks are handled much better, and the logic in general has been rewritten so analysis should complete as expected. With this, could you please make use of the latest version and let us know if an issue would still persist on your end?

Best regards,

Google Logo Google Ads Scripts Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2atbpH:ref

Luuk

Apr 3, 2023, 4:23:04 AM4/3/23
to Google Ads Scripts Forum
Hi,

I see the single account version is updated but the manager version is not. Do you have an ETA for that one to be updated as well? https://developers.google.com/google-ads/scripts/docs/solutions/manager-link-checker

Best,
Luuk

Google Ads Scripts Forum Advisor

Apr 3, 2023, 6:02:37 AM4/3/23
to adwords...@googlegroups.com

Hi Luuk,

Our internal team is working on the MCC version of the Link Checker solution script. While we cannot provide a definite timeline with regard to it's release, we'll be getting back once we hear an update from them.

In the meantime, would you be able to confirm if you've experienced an issue while implementing the Link Checker solution script for Manager accounts? If yes, we'd appreciate it if the following information could be provided via the Reply to author option or through our email (googleadsscr...@google.com) if said option is unavailable on your end:

  • Google Ads account ID or CID
  • Name of the script
  • Screenshot of the error

Luuk

Apr 3, 2023, 7:25:30 AM4/3/23
to Google Ads Scripts Forum
Hi,

The initial topic of this issue was related to the MCC version of the link checker, so yes I'm still experiencing issues with the manager version of the script. I see old messages in this thread have been deleted, but as you can see in my message from October 22, 2022 and October 27, 2022 the issue was still relevant back then and still is now.

Please have a look at the original information shared in this thread.

Best,
Luuk

Leon Latypov

Apr 3, 2023, 9:37:58 AM4/3/23
to Google Ads Scripts Forum
Just a heads up that you published the script without updating the main version number.

* @author Google Ads Scripts Team [adwords...@googlegroups.com]
 *
 * @version 3.1
 *
 * @changelog
 * - version 4.0
 *   - Refactored for readability and efficiency - particularly for sitelinks.
 * - version 3.1
 *   - Split into info, config, and code.

Google Ads Scripts Forum Advisor

Apr 3, 2023, 3:36:18 PM4/3/23
to adwords...@googlegroups.com

Hello Luuk,

Thank you for your confirmation. However, as I mentioned in my last email, our team is consistently working to fix the issue with the MCC version of the Link Checker solution script. Rest assured that we keep you posted for any updates on this.

We greatly appreciate your patience on this matter.

Regards,

Leon Latypov

Apr 28, 2023, 4:00:45 PM4/28/23
to Google Ads Scripts Forum
Hi Scripts team,

Has there been any news on updating / publishing the MCC level script. Can you please let me know if the update will fix both the issue the script has with checking site links as well as the issues it has with actually calling out problem URLs?

I have been noticing the script simply does not do the basic job of calling out 404 pages sometimes. It also does not seem to want to check paused keywords, ad and sitelinks if that feature is turned on in the spread sheet.

Google Ads Scripts Forum Advisor

May 2, 2023, 3:57:44 AM5/2/23
to adwords...@googlegroups.com

Hi Leon,

We do appreciate you for providing your insights, however, I'm afraid our team still does not have any information to provide you with at the moment. We'll request an update, communicate your insights, and get back once we receive any relevant information. We do greatly appreciate your patience as the investigation is being conducted.

Best regards,

Leon Latypov

May 3, 2023, 11:14:32 AM5/3/23
to Google Ads Scripts Forum
Thanks for the quick response.

I have another issue that I'm noticing with the 3.1 MCC level script. I have a few accounts where the script used to call out in the script results if any URLs redirect to different URLs. These were 301 & 302 response codes. We accomplished this by making the below addition to the code ( followRedirects: false,).

Line#1050
const response = UrlFetchApp.fetch(url, {followRedirects: false, muteHttpExceptions: true});

Recently, since updating from Version 2.2 to 3.1 (And I think there might have been a version update without a version number change at some point) the script has stopped calling out URLs that redirect.

In some cases, these URLs were for keywords that were part of paused or inactive campaigns, so I set the script to "Check paused" Keywords, ads & Sitelinks in the Google sheet, but the URLs are still not being called out.

Can someone on your team please look into CID: 460-571-3097 and let me know why either of the 2 things is happening with the 3.1 script...

1) The ( followRedirects: false,) no longer tells the script to call out redirected URLs.
2) The "Check paused" settings in the Google sheet no longer forces the script to check paused Keywords, ads or sitelinks.

Please let me know if you need any additional info and I'll be glad to supply it.
Looking forward to figuring this issue out.
Thanks in advance!

Google Ads Scripts Forum

May 5, 2023, 7:07:43 AM5/5/23
to Google Ads Scripts Forum
Reposting the last inquiry (https://groups.google.com/g/adwords-scripts/c/Vvw2ybQ0_JA) from the forum as it wasn't routed to our support queue.

Regards,
Google Ads Scripts Team

Google Ads Scripts Forum Advisor

May 5, 2023, 10:11:03 AM5/5/23
to adwords...@googlegroups.com

Hi Leon,

Thank you for providing your insights on the MCC Link Checker solution script. I would like to inform you that the script is already under investigation by our internal team. Allow me to communicate your insights to them. In the meantime, I would recommend making use of the single account version of the Link Checker and implement it within the account which you'd like to check invalid URLs for.

Reference links:

Leon Latypov

May 12, 2023, 1:15:01 PM5/12/23
to Google Ads Scripts Forum
Switching all of our MCC level scripts to use the new 4.0 single account versions script would result in around 800 new scripts. It's simply not a scalable solution. Do you have a "ballpark" date range ETA for the MCC level 4.0 script?

Also, can you please describe / confirm how the new 4.0 script will handle paused / un-paused Items?  Will the 4.0 script handle that differently than the 3.1 script did?

I noticed that the 3.1 script in some cases called out keywords, ads and sitelinks that lived inside campaigns that were paused even though the Google sheet was set to NOT check paused keywords, ads and sitelinks.

I have also noticed that the 3.1 script will not START to call out issues with keywords, ads or sitelinks that are currently paused after you turn on the "Check paused" settings in the google sheet.

I can give a few examples of this if it helps you explain how the script works and if the 4.0 script works differently.

Hana K.

Jul 4, 2023, 8:21:34 PM7/4/23
to Google Ads Scripts Forum
Hello! Any news on the official link checker script for MCC that has issues? It simply doesn't enter any account. It finishes the entire analysis after 3 seconds. No account conditions are set.

Thank you.

Leon Latypov

Jul 21, 2023, 11:07:07 AM7/21/23
to Google Ads Scripts Forum
Hi,

Any news on when you will publish a new 4.0 MCC level linkchecker script?

Google Ads Scripts Forum Advisor

Jul 21, 2023, 12:32:37 PM7/21/23
to adwords...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

We don't have any updates yet regarding v4 of the MCC level Link Checker script. We'll follow up on this and update this thread once we have more information.

This message is in relation to case "ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2atbpH:ref"

Thanks,

Google Logo Google Ads Scripts Team