April 19 Bay Area Three Creamery Tour

DS

Apr 12, 2015, 5:51:09 PM4/12/15
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
9 AM meetup at Rouge et Noir / Marin French Cheese. 7500 Point Reyes Petaluma Rd, Petaluma, CA 94952

Philip and I will be on Quickbeams, more quickbeams the better, but all are welcome.

Basic route: Rouge et Noir Cheese Factory  (parking) - Cowgirl Creamery (sandwich? Cheese?) - Nicasio Cheese Co. (samples, cheese, bread, salami) - Rouge et Noir (picnic).

https://goo.gl/maps/SstND (or something like that).

David Stein

Apr 12, 2015, 5:54:12 PM4/12/15
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Sorry, I hope 'tour' wasn't misleading there, just a short jaunt through some Marin creameries.

cyclotourist

Apr 12, 2015, 7:52:22 PM4/12/15
to RBW Owners Bunch
This looks to be one of the best NorCal rides to date!!!

Cheers,
David

Member, Supreme Council of Cyberspace

"it isn't a contest. Just enjoy the ride." - Seth Vidal

Cyclofiend Jim

Evan E.

Apr 13, 2015, 3:07:05 PM4/13/15
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Anyone going up there from SF? If so, wanna carpool? I have a car rack that can hold two bikes. Could meet you in front of Sports Basement in the Presidio near GG Bridge. Or if you prefer to drive, that works, too. I'll pitch in for gas. Let me know. Thanks.

Jim M.

Apr 13, 2015, 8:42:17 PM4/13/15
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
On Sunday, April 12, 2015 at 2:54:12 PM UTC-7, DS wrote:
Sorry, I hope 'tour' wasn't misleading there, just a short jaunt through some Marin creameries.

We could call it "cheese rolling". Wait, that's already taken:

jim m
wc ca

Clayton.sf

Apr 14, 2015, 12:07:45 AM4/14/15
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Sounds like a plan. Thinking of riding to the start from SF. About 3h typically. Anyone want to leave at GGB around 6 and ride there instead?

DS

Apr 18, 2015, 12:58:47 AM4/18/15
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
See you all on Sunday. I didn't take a tally of who is coming. Just be there at 9, we'll plan on a 9:10 or 9:15 depart. and if you miss us you can catch up at cowgirl creamery. I'll have my phone and will check email before taking off and at the stops.

Surlyprof

Apr 20, 2015, 8:58:31 PM4/20/15
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Great group, fun ride, beautiful scenery, gorgeous weather... and cheese!  David and Philip led the group through a rolling loop from Petaluma through Point Reyes, Nicasio and back to our cheese factory of origin.  Really fun trip full of green hills and redwoods.  Started out with a cool fog rolling over the hills.  Sunny the rest of the trip.  Made it to Point Reyes and Cowgirl Creamery before they even opened.  Pleasant break at the Nicasio Cheese Factory to sample their cheeses, share bread, olives, proscuitto and some nice, aged soft cheeses.  Props go to David, Philip and Sean for riding single speed on their Quickbeams (and Masi).  As for the rest of us... shift 'em if you got 'em.  As per usual, proof is in the (few) photos https://www.flickr.com/photos/129545862@N03/sets/72157652013809336/

Thanks to all who made it happen.
John