Off topic: Interest Check on Sale of VINTAGE TREK 720 Touring Bike, Mint, with some Rivendellian Touches

Bob

Oct 27, 2013, 4:47:54 PM10/27/13
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Will have pics soon. I have too many bikes (I know that's heresy.)

It's basically been a work of art in my living room and seldom ridden (pity). It has been converted from 27-inch to 700c with Rich Lesnik-built wheels with proper Phil Wood hubs. Because I didn't opt to cold-set the rear triangle, the rear Phil hub is a perfect fit for the original dropout width.

I have the original baby-blue Blackburn racks in storage, if I can find them.

I am located on Capitol Hill DC, but if you love the bike I could get it to you. Again, pics to come.

Bob

Oct 27, 2013, 4:49:11 PM10/27/13
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
It's 1985 model.

Patrick Moore

Oct 27, 2013, 4:49:34 PM10/27/13
to rbw-owners-bunch
Size? Build? Photos!

Bob

Oct 27, 2013, 4:53:33 PM10/27/13
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Patrick, I have photos on the way. I think it's a 24-inch frame, but I need to re-measure. I can't remember.

Montclair BobbyB

Oct 30, 2013, 8:08:52 PM10/30/13
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Now Bob... We went through this a few years back (referring to your May 2010 posts)...  What say we just go back inside and have us a nice cup o Joe and reconsider this whole thing...

Seriously, I'm one to talk... I go back and forth with my own bikes, threatening to sell, then changing my mind, then wanting to sell... Would love to see pics (even if I'm not interested in buying another bike...yeah, right....) '85 was a great year for bikes, and the 720 was (IS) one of the greats.

BB

Frank Brose

Oct 30, 2013, 8:19:07 PM10/30/13
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Give us pictures,post a price and sell it or not. Not that tough of a concept.

WETH

Oct 30, 2013, 8:19:43 PM10/30/13
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Bob, I live in the DC area and would be interested in seeing photos and getting confirmation on the size if you are still considering selling. Though I am not actively seeking another bike, I often end up buying one anyway. :)
All the best,
Erl

Robert Linthicum

Oct 30, 2013, 8:20:37 PM10/30/13
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com

Wow, Frank--please take a deep breath. It's a bike. I will post pics this weekend.

Robert Linthicum

Oct 30, 2013, 8:21:56 PM10/30/13
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com

Hi Erl,

Terrific--I will get some decent pics for you. It's about 60cm or 24 in center to center.

Best,
Bob