Quiet Camping in Washington County

Christopher Chen

Aug 15, 2013, 1:23:39 AM8/15/13
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Some rough stuff, and camping off the beaten path. Light rail to the Zoo for some morning descents. Pictures prove it happened:

cc

--
"I want the kind of six pack you can't drink." -- Micah

hsmitham

Aug 15, 2013, 2:24:38 AM8/15/13
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Chris,

I saw these on Flickr already thanks for sharing again. All I have to say is damn, damn  you PDX'ers. And why don't we have transporters yet! For god sake it's the 21st century already.

~Hugh

Deacon Patrick

Aug 15, 2013, 8:50:38 AM8/15/13
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Some great riding and company!

With abandon,
Patrick

Andy Smitty Schmidt

Aug 15, 2013, 1:31:08 PM8/15/13
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
We set off to camp on a piece of land that seems to have fallen off the radar. It's in the grid but not doesn't appear to be on the grid. It's a chunk of 2nd and old growth forest surrounded by suburbia. We could see the lights of houses in the distance through the trees. We heard a car alarm and road noise from early morning commuters. No wildlife was seen but we did enjoy coyote howls and the screech/hoot of an owl. It wasn't necessarily an idyllic camping location, but it was suitable for a quick overnighter.

Here are my pics... http://www.flickr.com/photos/15966859@N07/sets/72157635080752465/

Hugh Smitham

Aug 15, 2013, 1:49:16 PM8/15/13
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Gee thanks Andy for bringing me back to reality! Yeah that doesn't sound that nice, a short ride out of town to a forest. And by the look of those smiles it looks like you fellows suffered tremendously.

~Hugh

On Thu, Aug 15, 2013 at 10:31 AM, Andy Smitty Schmidt <54c...@gmail.com> wrote:
We set off to camp on a piece of land that seems to have fallen off the radar. It's in the grid but not doesn't appear to be on the grid. It's a chunk of 2nd and old growth forest surrounded by suburbia. We could see the lights of houses in the distance through the trees. We heard a car alarm and road noise from early morning commuters. No wildlife was seen but we did enjoy coyote howls and the screech/hoot of an owl. It wasn't necessarily an idyllic camping location, but it was suitable for a quick overnighter.

Here are my pics... http://www.flickr.com/photos/15966859@N07/sets/72157635080752465/

Zack

Aug 15, 2013, 4:26:17 PM8/15/13
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
great pics from andy too!

I showed my wife these and she said "Why are you walking the bike?"

She is a good deal tougher than I.

Deacon Patrick

Aug 15, 2013, 5:54:01 PM8/15/13
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Och! You use the LCG when you need the LCG and it's always a good thing it's standard equipment. Grin.

With abandon,
Patrick

Hugh Smitham

Aug 15, 2013, 6:26:20 PM8/15/13
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com

 Is that the Linear congruetial generator. I didn't know that was standard. Then again maybe it it is.

~Hugh

Deacon Patrick

Aug 15, 2013, 7:12:44 PM8/15/13
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Close, Hugh. Lowest common gear. That's what my oldest daughter calls it, and it's stuck. Every bike has it.

With abandon,
Patrick

Hugh Smitham

Aug 15, 2013, 7:23:54 PM8/15/13
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com

Thanks for helping us acronym challenged.

-Hugh

Lynne Fitz

Aug 16, 2013, 12:42:25 AM8/16/13
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
So, like, where was it? (Asks the Washington County resident)