Feature Request: outline filtering

reesd

Feb 1, 2010, 3:52:10 PM2/1/10
to MyLifeOrganized
Sigh, still no outline filtering in 3.5. Personally that means I will
continue to not use MLO, even though I like so much about it. The
feature F544 included outline filtering in its description, but I
guess it was scrapped for improved todo filtering.

I won't take up time repeating what others and I have said about its
value (in google groups and the previous forum), but here are the
links:
http://groups.google.com/group/mylifeorganized/browse_thread/thread/b70869cbd30bb085
http://groups.google.com/group/mylifeorganized/browse_thread/thread/b25355902583054e
http://groups.google.com/group/mylifeorganized/browse_thread/thread/b841275392ff775f
http://groups.google.com/group/mylifeorganized/browse_thread/thread/14020fa69988d82b

I'll check back in at 4.0...

Neal Schmidt

Feb 1, 2010, 4:53:22 PM2/1/10
to mylifeo...@googlegroups.com
I have also requested the capability described in one of those links (described below).  At this point I would take the output in either the outline or the ToDo view (example: group = "folder tree")...

"If you filter e.g. by category, you can see all the tasks labeled by that category PLUS all their parents (irrespective of their categories), but not necessarily their siblings and children."

kitus

Feb 1, 2010, 4:57:39 PM2/1/10
to MyLifeOrganized
+1 for outline filtering!! :)

btw, what is F544?

On 1 feb, 21:52, reesd <d...@ubiqsoft.com> wrote:
> Sigh, still no outline filtering in 3.5. Personally that means I will
> continue to not use MLO, even though I like so much about it. The
> feature F544 included outline filtering in its description, but I
> guess it was scrapped for improved todo filtering.
>
> I won't take up time repeating what others and I have said about its
> value (in google groups and the previous forum), but here are the

> links:http://groups.google.com/group/mylifeorganized/browse_thread/thread/b...http://groups.google.com/group/mylifeorganized/browse_thread/thread/b...http://groups.google.com/group/mylifeorganized/browse_thread/thread/b...http://groups.google.com/group/mylifeorganized/browse_thread/thread/1...

cd

Feb 3, 2010, 3:32:44 AM2/3/10
to MyLifeOrganized
I am also hoping for outline filtering which works brilliantly in
achieve planner
and would absolutely fantastic addition to MLO.

On Feb 2, 7:52 am, reesd <d...@ubiqsoft.com> wrote:
> Sigh, still no outline filtering in 3.5. Personally that means I will
> continue to not use MLO, even though I like so much about it. The
> feature F544 included outline filtering in its description, but I
> guess it was scrapped for improved todo filtering.
>
> I won't take up time repeating what others and I have said about its
> value (in google groups and the previous forum), but here are the

> links:http://groups.google.com/group/mylifeorganized/browse_thread/thread/b...http://groups.google.com/group/mylifeorganized/browse_thread/thread/b...http://groups.google.com/group/mylifeorganized/browse_thread/thread/b...http://groups.google.com/group/mylifeorganized/browse_thread/thread/1...

reesd

Mar 7, 2010, 10:28:08 PM3/7/10
to MyLifeOrganized
F544 is the feature number in the official MLO features plan at
http://www.mylifeorganized.net/products/my-life-organized/features-plan.htm.
It was actually created from my and a few other users requests over a
year ago. Unfortunately my request for outline filtering was turned
into ToDo filtering so that feature was marked closed when ToDo
filtering was added, without outline filtering being added or moved to
another feature in the plan.

On Feb 1, 4:57 pm, kitus <marc.garcia.ma...@gmail.com> wrote:
> +1 for outline filtering!! :)
>
> btw, what is F544?
>

> On 1 feb, 21:52,reesd<d...@ubiqsoft.com> wrote:
>
> > Sigh, still no outline filtering in 3.5. Personally that means I will
> > continue to not use MLO, even though I like so much about it. The
> > feature F544 included outline filtering in its description, but I
> > guess it was scrapped for improved todo filtering.
>
> > I won't take up time repeating what others and I have said about its
> > value (in google groups and the previous forum), but here are the

> > links:http://groups.google.com/group/mylifeorganized/browse_thread/thread/b......

kitus

Mar 9, 2010, 3:20:17 AM3/9/10
to MyLifeOrganized