2nd Runner up Most Interactive Person of March'21- Sh. Surajit Koley

J.M. Garg

Apr 1, 2021, 2:34:19 AM4/1/21
to efloraofindia, surajitkoley
Dear members,
Surajit ji is the 2nd Runner up Most Interactive Person of the last month through his 73 messages, mainly helping in the identifications.
He is also one of The Pillars of efloraofindia.
Suarjit Koley ji has been one of our Pillars before he left us for his other priority works in Dec.2015.
It is he who has set insertion of images on sound footing with his design of tabular format, where we can see both the text & images in any size of window without any distortions. He became a pioneer in this matter and many others. He was the Hero of the efloraofindia site in 2015.
His contributions are so enormous that it still leaves me wondering. He was just a layman when he joined efi in Dec.2011. He surprised every one of us with his wonderful and detailed documentation along with detailed diagnosis based on books like Bengal Plants, Flora of British India etc. I realised the importance of his postings and analysis, when I went deeper into it. His true worth can be judged from the fact that he still appears in top 10 posters even after four years of leaving efi.
Welcome back, Surajit ji and thanks for your valuable contributions.
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

surajit koley

Apr 1, 2021, 10:26:18 AM4/1/21
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
Thank you.very much, Garg Sir, for your kind words.

Yes, I remember that I joined this group as a layman, in order to learn the identities of the plant species I see around us. Then I wondered and tried to learn how the experts, like Gurcharan Sir, Balkar Sir, Nidhan Sir, Rawat ji, Viijayasankar ji ..... to name a few, could identify a species! Thereafter Manoj Sir, Tanveer ji  and others gave us tutorials on grasses and sedges.

I am still a learner and I still have the tenacity to learn afresh!

Thank you.
Best regards,
Surajit Koley

tsp kumar

Apr 1, 2021, 11:10:24 AM4/1/21
to efloraofindia
Congratulations Surajit ji
regards
tspkumar

surajitno...@gmail.com

Apr 1, 2021, 12:22:14 PM4/1/21
to efloraofindia
Thank you so much Kumar ji.

With regards
Surajit Koley

Paradesi Anjaneyulu

Apr 1, 2021, 2:43:29 PM4/1/21
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Congratulations Surajit Ji,
With regards.

Mailtrack Sender notified by
Mailtrack 04/02/21, 12:12:44 AM

Gurcharan Singh

Apr 1, 2021, 11:04:35 PM4/1/21
to efloraofindia
Congrats Surajit ji, your comeback has really infused increased interest in interactions. Continue the good work.

surajit koley

Apr 2, 2021, 11:08:19 AM4/2/21
to efloraofindia
Thanks a lot, Paradesi ji, congratulations to you too. And I am finding myself of being your avid follower.
Best regards,
Surajit Koley

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "efloraofindia" group.
To view this discussion on the web, visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/indiantreepix/CAPTGuvGn1NChZQ0qBbtH9zXpQvNBmDC7L14ZS%3DAZKNrdRYmMVQ%40mail.gmail.com.

surajit koley

Apr 2, 2021, 11:25:49 AM4/2/21
to efloraofindia, Gurcharan Singh
Thank you Sir ji, we all are indebted to you. You took great care of each member and showed utmost patience to teach us finer aspects of taxonomy. You calmly explained our flaws in any wrong identification. Perhaps I am the only one in the entire group who gave you the most trouble regarding identification of a species.

I am grateful to you, Sir.

Best regards,
Surajit Koley

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "efloraofindia" group.
To view this discussion on the web, visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/indiantreepix/e926604d-16d5-4e38-9449-cbde948993f6n%40googlegroups.com.

Paradesi Anjaneyulu

Apr 2, 2021, 6:45:16 PM4/2/21
to efloraofindia, Gurcharan Singh