Ask your local candidates to complete survey

Rebecca Osland

Sep 27, 2016, 7:50:53 PM9/27/16
to isa-policy...@googlegroups.com, advocates-for-u...@googlegroups.com, IllinoisL...@yahoogroups.com
Hi friends,

At the beginning of September we sent a Candidate Questionnaire to all active candidates for the Illinois legislature and for the Illinois seats in Congress.  Since the mailer went out, we also created an online survey option for each questionnaire and emailed them to as many candidates as we could.

Would you be interested in helping urge candidates to complete the survey by the October 7 deadline?  We need to get enough back to give a fair, balanced, nonpartisan presentation in order for us to be able to publish results.  If you want to help, send me an email and I will get back to you in the next couple of days with the names of candidates to contact.  If someone else is already contacting your districts' candidates, I may give you some from nearby districts instead.

Volunteers' participation:
You can call or email, depending on what contact information we have available, let them know you live in (or near) the district, that you care about local foods and sustainable agriculture issues, and that you would be interested in their answers to Illinois Stewardship Alliance's candidate questionnaire.  If they need it resent to them, find out the best email address, let them know to expect an email with a link from me, and send that email address to me.  (The questionnaire is not password protected, so I do not want to circulate the link broadly and risk the appearance of potential for fraudulent answers.)

If you want to read the questions, the paper version of each is attached (and, yes, we have extended the deadline since these went out).  I've only received one federal questionnaire back, so we may not end up publishing a federal guide, but I think we could get there at the state level.

For everyone:
Look up who will be on your ballot this fall: https://www.elections.il.gov/ElectionInformation/OfficesUpForElection.aspx?ID=dhwG9hqV5k4%3d

If you need to look up the district numbers, you can do so here: http://www.elections.il.gov/districtlocator/addressfinder.aspx

Thanks!
Rebecca

Rebecca Osland, J.D., LL.M. | Policy AssociateIllinois Stewardship Alliance - "Local Food Matters" www.ilstewards.orgreb...@ilstewards.org | 217.528.1563

Support Illinois local food and farms - become a member today!

Please note, I work on a 4-day schedule and am usually out of the office on Fridays.
candidate questionnaire state.doc
candidate questionnaire federal.doc

mo cahill

Sep 28, 2016, 10:42:24 AM9/28/16
to Advocates for Urban Agriculture, isa-policy...@googlegroups.com, IllinoisL...@yahoogroups.com
are you interested in pushing this on social media? i have a couple state level candidates on my friends list.