Transferring Tasks between MLO files.

31 visningar

Jim Wavada

oläst,
3 jan. 2017 04:16:092017-01-03
till MyLifeOrganized
I would like to use a MLO Template I just downloaded to manage my planning in 2017.  I would like to transfer Tasks from my existing 2016 MLO saved data file to this new template.  How do I accomplish that without having to re-enter all 163 items by hand?

Thanks,
Jim in snowy Spokane

Dwight

oläst,
6 jan. 2017 11:11:332017-01-06
till mylifeo...@googlegroups.com
Hi, Jim. My favorite way of handling this is to open both the 2016 and
2017 files at the same time (be sure that
Tools>Options>Behaviour>AllowMultipleInstances is turned on) then
highlight the 163 items (or a reasonable subset) in the old file,
<Ctrl/C> to copy them, then go to the new file, select the place where
you want them to go, then <RightClick><PasteTaskAs><Sibling>

An alternative would be to export the 2016 file to XML, edit it to
eliminate everything except the 163 items, and them import it to the new
file. Warning: I did not test this alternative but I assume it would work.

-Dwight in slightly snowy NY
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/mylifeorganized/e9e92c94-2e8b-4ddc-abbd-4ba97b9d7282%40googlegroups.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/mylifeorganized/e9e92c94-2e8b-4ddc-abbd-4ba97b9d7282%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.
Svara alla