Why is MLO Cloud Sync paid?

MG

Nov 19, 2016, 6:51:30 PM11/19/16
to MyLifeOrganized
Andrey,

I guess I was misunderstood.

I did not meant that MLO would have to be free at all but, only the cloud sync service.

I do not agree of free app or whatever product, and regarding MLO would not be too, since it is a good app.

But regarding the cloud sync service, what is the main reason to keep it under charge?

I think MLO Team would have to reconsider this issue, since those who bought the app or the windows version would have this cloud sync for free, in my opinion.

Because this subscriptions works like a limitation for the app in everyday usage.

MG

James D

Nov 30, 2016, 3:24:47 AM11/30/16
to MyLifeOrganized
From the perspective of an enthusiastic user of other "dead" PIM programs of the past, most notably Ecco Pro, a great outliner-based PIM program...
When I put my life and information and plans and schemes and goals into a program like MLO, the last thing I want is for the company producing that software to go belly-up.
MLO cloud fees are a small price to pay for being able to count on having the features of this awesome program available year after year.

For example, Google sells advertising.  That's their business model.  They can afford to "give away" things that help their business model, or give them a competitive advantage that leads people to the part of the business where they make money. At last check MLO was not in the business of selling ads, just the business of providing great personal productivity software on PC, Mac, and mobile platforms.  How else can MLO stay in business and pay their developers if they can't make money somewhere?  I guarantee you don't want to be a loyal user of a dead program from a company that no longer exists.  MLO's cloud fees are reasonable enough.  Servers and bandwidth and people and systems to monitor them and keep them up aren't free, so MLO has an expense to cover in providing the service.  MLO even provides us a way to sync over WiFi and other options so we are not "forced" to use the cloud service.  However, being able to use cloud sync is such a big productivity booster, to me it's worth paying a few bucks every year or two.

It's a small price to pay to ensure the ongoing viabiity of a program whose primary agenda is to help US be more productive, without us being funneled and forced into other agendas like happens with Google, Microsoft, Apple, Amazon, etc.  Don't get me wrong, I love and use products from all those companies.

P.S. I'm hoping before long their might even be a "skill" developed for Amazon Echo so that "Alexa, add a task to my to-do list, buy my girlfriend a Seattle Sounders jersey for Christmas", and have that task added to my *MLO* to-do list, instead of the lame Amazon Echo one.  Oh yes, and "Alexa, add a task to buy tickets to MLS Cup at 7 pm pacific time tomorrow".

Zainan Victor Zhou

Nov 30, 2016, 7:56:37 AM11/30/16
to mylifeo...@googlegroups.com
+1 on charging for Cloud Service. I am also wishing to be able to pay to vote for upcoming features

Zainan Victor Zhou, 周载南

Mario Gourgel

Nov 30, 2016, 1:25:04 PM11/30/16
to mylifeo...@googlegroups.com
I agree with you James,

Everyone must choose the desired and sustainable business model that suites their own business.

It was a suggestion, a desire, call it whatever you want.

But we can charge in different ways so that appealing more customers/users.

I think the review is a good way...not the unique, but the one I appreciate.

There are, for sure, others.

For example, prices according to packages : business package, small groups package (2 users, 3 users, others); still be payied but with different prices...I don't know.

It depends on MLO business purposes.

Regarding Zainan, can you please tell which feature would you like to pay to vote for upcoming features?

I would say that I appreciate MLO app, and I expect it to be enhanced more and more...

I am waiting for the task custom properties and calculated fields.

A Qua, 30/11/2016, 13:56, Zainan Victor Zhou <z...@zzn.im> escreveu:
+1 on charging for Cloud Service. I am also wishing to be able to pay to vote for upcoming features

Zainan Victor Zhou, 周载南

From the perspective of an enthusiastic user of other "dead" PIM programs of the past, most notably Ecco Pro, a great outliner-based PIM program...

On Saturday, November 19, 2016 at 3:51:30 PM UTC-8, MG wrote:
Andrey,

I guess I was misunderstood.

I did not meant that MLO would have to be free at all but, only the cloud sync service.

I do not agree of free app or whatever product, and regarding MLO would not be too, since it is a good app.

But regarding the cloud sync service, what is the main reason to keep it under charge?

I think MLO Team would have to reconsider this issue, since those who bought the app or the windows version would have this cloud sync for free, in my opinion.

Because this subscriptions works like a limitation for the app in everyday usage.

MG

bird...@gmail.com

Nov 30, 2016, 2:25:32 PM11/30/16
to mylifeo...@googlegroups.com
I have a iPhone 6s Plus, iPad Air, and Asus Android Tablet. There is absolutely no decent task/project app I've seen that syncs across these platforms....now made even better with push sync.

I think it is well worth it to pay for cloud service so that they can continue to maintain it and continue to come up with future enhancements.

Thanks,
Eddie

Dwight

Dec 2, 2016, 12:55:02 PM12/2/16
to mylifeo...@googlegroups.com
I want MLO to be very successful and continue to roll out the new
features that I want, so I am willing to pay any reasonable amount. The
question of where in their landscape they build the tollbooth does not
matter much to me, the only issue is that it should be wherever
generates more revenue, bearing in mind that a dollar a year from six
million customers is better that two million a year from two customers.

It also helps if the fee structure is simple and easy to understand, and
does not create disincentives for using the product fully and well.

My favorite approach is a three-level fee structure, a stripped down
version available on all platforms but with no synch, for free. Second,
he current Pro version across all platforms (including a browser
interface) with synch for a license fee, like $0.20 per day of $5/month
or $25/year. Third, a group license for a family or small workgroup with
added group-friendly tools that don't exist yet.

-Dwight
> <mailto:z...@zzn.im>> escreveu:
>
> +1 on charging for Cloud Service. I am also wishing to be able
> to pay to vote for upcoming features
>

> Zainan Victor Zhou, 周载南
> 650-336-5691 <tel:(650)%20336-5691>
> mylifeorganiz...@googlegroups.com
> <mailto:mylifeorganiz...@googlegroups.com>.
>

> To post to this group, send email to
> mylifeo...@googlegroups.com
> <mailto:mylifeo...@googlegroups.com>.
> <https://groups.google.com/group/mylifeorganized>.
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/mylifeorganized/ca241099-015e-4b22-b531-47544a479cec%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

> <https://groups.google.com/d/optout>.

> To post to this group, send email to
> mylifeo...@googlegroups.com
> <mailto:mylifeo...@googlegroups.com>.
> <https://groups.google.com/group/mylifeorganized>.
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/mylifeorganized/CAMVAm0xNQ2h_U58YLbaLD%3Do8v6fuRCkBMrr773%2B745HA3f%2B6DA%40mail.gmail.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/mylifeorganized/CAMVAm0xNQ2h_U58YLbaLD%3Do8v6fuRCkBMrr773%2B745HA3f%2B6DA%40mail.gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.
> <https://groups.google.com/d/optout>.

> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/mylifeorganized/CAMRpUFf8wRdLN4a%3DDrv7r9bUq32vJhSCFw1%3D__gBrJhcULt7bw%40mail.gmail.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/mylifeorganized/CAMRpUFf8wRdLN4a%3DDrv7r9bUq32vJhSCFw1%3D__gBrJhcULt7bw%40mail.gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

> <https://groups.google.com/d/optout>.

> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/mylifeorganized/CALBn8KqzwOxyw%3D8NDgrweB58zARZroYQs3mTQQaS3PvKJUzs%2Bw%40mail.gmail.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/mylifeorganized/CALBn8KqzwOxyw%3D8NDgrweB58zARZroYQs3mTQQaS3PvKJUzs%2Bw%40mail.gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

MG

Dec 2, 2016, 2:51:42 PM12/2/16
to MyLifeOrganized
Hi Dwight,

Perfect!

Thank you.

Mário

James D

Dec 21, 2016, 3:37:47 AM12/21/16
to MyLifeOrganized, z...@zzn.im
I do really like this idea of being able to pay to vote for prioritization of upcoming features, at least on a small scale. If each product vote cost $1 (or some other nominal amount) it would quickly reveal how badly customers want a feature, and possibly provide some degree of funding for those most-voted/funded features.  Of course it would take some experimentation to find the sweet spot for a vote donation amount (maybe $5? or $50) to both assess customer commitment and also provide some level of development funding.

I suppose a variation on that system is already somewhat in place, but on the back end.  We vote by continuing to pay to use the product/service.