Changing v5 UI elements

Message has been deleted

Domas

May 18, 2018, 1:10:18 AM5/18/18
to MyLifeOrganized
I have another issue with these checkboxes.
Sometimes I want to use MLO also as an outlining tool, similar to Workflowy or Dynalist. In this case my entries has nothing to do with tasks, now they're just lists with reference items. To have them "checked/completed" doesn't make any sense.
And checkbox in front of every task is confusing psychologically. Of course, I can try to ignore it, which I'm doing, but if I could get rid of it (or change it), my work with MLO would become more enjoying.
(Now I usually mark different branches as Do Not Show in ToDo list for this purpose, which also gives the items a different formatting).

MOK | MATSURU

May 18, 2018, 1:52:43 AM5/18/18
to mylifeo...@googlegroups.com
i did some experiment after reading your post. i agree that if we have a checkbox (like the one to indicate task as folder) to indicate a task as notes is the best solution. I have suggested this but sadly the MLO development team thought that this is not a valid request as MLO is a task manager NOT a note program.

To achieve what you want which is, to replace the CHECKBOX with a NOTE icon, try this:
under Tool>Option>Automatic Formatting> Automatic Formatting Rules>
01. Create a new rule
02. Condition = add rule = flag= note (you need to create a "note" FLAG
03. Click Icon button & select the icon u want to use. Make sure "use Icon" is checked.
04. Set Icon position = 0
05. Press OK.

Now, set up is done.

When u want to make a task become a note, do this.
01. ✓ Checked the box Under Properties>General>Folder
02. Flag the task with the Note Flag

you will see the task checkbox will be replace by the note icon you have chosen.
Note: This will only work on MLO windows version. The icon wont be shown on your mobile device (you will see folder icon instead of note icon on mobile)

Hope this is helpful.

Stéph

May 18, 2018, 4:32:34 AM5/18/18
to MyLifeOrganized
Hello Domas,

If you create the items in your list as folders, then they don't get the checkbox. You can then change the Tools-Options-Automatic Formatting rules to change the folder icon (in icon position 0) to anything you want, or nothing at all.

Regards,
Stéphane