How to make WPS and PQR for A106 Gr. B for my study

Emil Multazam

Mar 28, 2019, 11:35:03 PM3/28/19
to Materials & Welding
Dear Experts..

Could anybody help me, how to determine range thickness pipe A106 Gr.B for WPS ?
I have test coupon with thickness 5.9mm

Regards,

Emil Multazam
Manufacturing Engineering
College at University of Surabaya

pradip kumar Sil

Mar 29, 2019, 7:24:29 AM3/29/19
to materials-welding
ASME Sec IX

--
https://materials-welding.blogspot.com/
https://www.linkedin.com/groups/122787

Ramin Kondori

Mar 29, 2019, 10:24:15 PM3/29/19
to material...@googlegroups.com
Dear Emil:

Refer to ASME Sec. IX table QW-451.1
What is the subject of your study...?

Regards
Ramin  Kondori
Sr. QA/QC & Welding Engineer
PG-Dip. in Welding Engineering (IWE  AT  0070)
BSc. in Civil Engineering (IUT)
BGAS Painting Inspector
ASNT Level I&II

IIW-Logo-Colour-small

George Dilintas

Mar 31, 2019, 10:26:35 AM3/31/19
to material...@googlegroups.com
if no impact test requirement, the thickness range would be 1,5 mm to 2X5,9=11,8 mm

--
https://materials-welding.blogspot.com/
https://www.linkedin.com/groups/122787

Dr. Georgios Dilintas,
Dipl. Ing. In Aeronautic and Space Engineering
Ph.D in Mechanics of Solids - Computational Mechanics
A.I.S, A.N.I, IRCA Lead Auditor
Welding, Stress Analysis, Corrosion, QA/QC, Failure Analysis, Risk Analysis

Vinay Thattey

Apr 15, 2019, 10:18:20 PM4/15/19
to material...@googlegroups.com
The thickness range is 1.5 mm to twice the thickness ( 2 x 5.9) .
Please read  ASME B & PV code Sec IX  QW 450 ( Specimen and table) and notes 1 to 5 of this table.  Also read QW_403 .

Kamal Basha

Apr 17, 2019, 10:35:50 PM4/17/19
to material...@googlegroups.com
Sir

please tell me what is the thickness range for 8 inch and above.

On Fri, 29 Mar 2019 at 09:05, Emil Multazam <emil.m...@gmail.com> wrote:
Dear Experts..

Could anybody help me, how to determine range thickness pipe A106 Gr.B for WPS ?
I have test coupon with thickness 5.9mm

Regards,

Emil Multazam
Manufacturing Engineering
College at University of Surabaya

--
https://materials-welding.blogspot.com/
https://www.linkedin.com/groups/122787

https://materials-welding.blogspot.com/
https://www.linkedin.com/groups/122787

Emil Multazam

Apr 17, 2019, 11:04:55 PM4/17/19
to material...@googlegroups.com
How about thickness range for weld metal sir?
Anyway could you explain the difference about range thickness base metal and range thickness weld metal?

Ramin Kondori

Apr 18, 2019, 12:02:19 AM4/18/19
to material...@googlegroups.com
Dear Emil:

From your original and your recent inquiry, I take that you must have many questions which you need to be answered so that you can proceed with your study.

I recommend you to read the ASME SEC IX and its glossary to have a better understanding of the terms used in the welding procedure qualification process. Alternatively, You can also read Europian or ISO version of this standard (EN 288) which for many, is easier to understand. You can also search for these terms and definitions online. There are literally thousands of videos, filed and presentations online with very good quality and proper pictures which could help you find the answers you are looking for. Keywords must include "Welding procedure qualification" plus "ASME Sec IX" or "EN 288" and "Terms & definitions".

I just ran a search using "Welding procedure qualification terms" and found very good results in the very first page of the google search results. This would be much more effective in learning the basics of welding procedure qualification process.

Kind Regards

Ramin  Kondori
Sr. QA/QC & Welding Engineer
PG-Dip. in Welding Engineering (IWE  AT  0070)
BSc. in Civil Engineering (IUT)
BGAS Painting Inspector
ASNT Level I&II

IIW-Logo-Colour-small

Vinay Thattey

Kamal Basha

Apr 22, 2019, 10:35:11 PM4/22/19
to material...@googlegroups.com
S 8inch thickness

José Juan Jiménez Alejandro

Apr 23, 2019, 8:45:05 AM4/23/19
to material...@googlegroups.com

José Juan Jiménez Alejandro

Apr 23, 2019, 9:31:49 AM4/23/19
to material...@googlegroups.com
I send the formats and the respective guides, for me it is more complicated to give access to each one of you by Google Drive, I hope that at the time each of you also share valuable information that is in your hands for the good of all the members of this prestigious group.
Regards!
--

Ing. José Juan Jiménez Alejandro

ASME Independent Consultant

and Technical Manager SSI-TPI

Cel. +52 812 352 4606

Skype: jjjimeneza

Twitter: @jjjimeneza

Formatos ASME PQR, WPS y WPQ-jjjimeneza@gmail.com.zip

Vinay Thattey

Apr 23, 2019, 10:27:24 PM4/23/19
to material...@googlegroups.com
QW 450

Emil Multazam

Apr 25, 2019, 3:36:24 AM4/25/19
to material...@googlegroups.com
Dear experts,

I want to ask how to determine interpass temperature A106 with thickness5.9mm?

Odon de Guzman

Apr 26, 2019, 10:25:29 PM4/26/19
to material...@googlegroups.com
follow asme code pertinent to the material content of the metal

Emil Multazam

Jun 6, 2019, 7:40:44 AM6/6/19
to Materials & Welding
Could any body help, if my tension test accepted then my face bend or root bend test not accepted. What should i do? Re-quailify wps or what?

Kannayeram Gnanapandithan

Jun 6, 2019, 11:45:25 AM6/6/19
to materials-welding
RETEST OR REWELD ANOTHER TEST PIECE AND TEST
THANKS & BEST REGARDS,
KG.PANDITHAN, BE, IWE,  CSWIP 3.1,
ISO 9712 Level 2 in VT,
ASNT-Level II in PT,MT,RT & UT,