Scala Reference

Daniel Sobral

Jul 22, 2012, 1:12:25 PM7/22/12
to scala-l...@googlegroups.com
Can we please get an updated Scala Reference following 2.10.0's release?

--
Daniel C. Sobral

I travel to the future all the time.

Simon Ochsenreither

Jul 22, 2012, 4:21:23 PM7/22/12
to scala-l...@googlegroups.com
You think of the Scala Language Specification?

I have done many of the small/easy changes https://github.com/scala/scala-dist/pull/20 but I'm not sure anyone is reading these pull requests ...

Additionally I seem to be one of the few people which got the latex stuff to compile. :-(
https://groups.google.com/d/topic/scala-internals/TntwDai08sk/discussion
https://groups.google.com/d/topic/scala-internals/sPwwpuUFGjE/discussion

Paul Phillips

Jul 22, 2012, 4:28:07 PM7/22/12
to scala-l...@googlegroups.com

On Sun, Jul 22, 2012 at 1:21 PM, Simon Ochsenreither <simon.och...@googlemail.com> wrote:
I have done many of the small/easy changes https://github.com/scala/scala-dist/pull/20 but I'm not sure anyone is reading these pull requests ...

It would be great if martin (or in second person "you, martin") could find some time to pay off some of our substantial "specification debt"; certainly when simon has battled his way through building the spec (something I never accomplished on OSX despite significantly more than 10 hours put into it) and sent a pull request, it should either be merged or rejected with some reason.  I would do it myself, but AFAIK martin doesn't want anyone else modifying the spec.

Josh Suereth

Jul 22, 2012, 4:30:52 PM7/22/12
to scala-l...@googlegroups.com

Yeah.  We're aware of several spec pull requests, but have to wait on martin.

martin odersky

Jul 22, 2012, 4:48:12 PM7/22/12
to scala-l...@googlegroups.com
On Sun, Jul 22, 2012 at 10:30 PM, Josh Suereth <joshua....@gmail.com> wrote:
> Yeah. We're aware of several spec pull requests, but have to wait on
> martin.

I'll do it post 2.10. Right now I am too much under water; all my
available time is spent on fixing critical bugs.

Related to this, an encouragement to reviewers of my recent pull
requests: if you have a concrete suggestion how to improve things, it
would help if you just modify the pull request and let me review the
change. I am simply too overloaded to be able to follow up on
everything at the same time.

Thanks

- Martin
--