(Rules Q): Piper and Secure Haven

extrala

Mar 19, 2009, 8:57:53 AM3/19/09
I control a ready Anarch vampire with a "Secure Haven" attached. In my
master phase I play "Piper" to recruit an Ally. Do I have to pay an
additional pool for doing so, since "Piper" targets the Anarch?

I am (a little doubtful) since playing the "Rack" which then relates/
points to a vampire with "Secure Haven" does not cost a pool. Refer to
this thread: http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/browse_thread/thread/86e16dbc9f0ba02b
for details.

Piper [TR:R]
Cardtype: Master
Master. Requires a ready anarch.
A ready untapped anarch you control employs or recruits a retainer or
ally from your hand (requirements and cost apply as normal). This is
not an action and cannot be blocked. Tap that anarch.

Secure Haven [DS:C2, FN:PS, CE:PM, Anarchs:PAB, Third:PM, LotN:PS]
Cardtype: Master
Cost: 1 pool
Master: unique location. Haven.
Put this card on a minion you control. This minion cannot be [the
target of other Methuselahs' actions]. Any Methuselah burns an
additional pool when playing master cards on (or that target) this
minion. Burn this card if this minion enters torpor. A minion may have
only one haven.

Regards, Ralf
==============================
http://extrala.blogspot.com

LSJ

Mar 19, 2009, 9:39:35 AM3/19/09
On Mar 19, 8:57 am, extrala <ralf.lamm...@gmx.de> wrote:
> I control a ready Anarch vampire with a "Secure Haven" attached. In my
> master phase I play "Piper" to recruit an Ally. Do I have to pay an
> additional pool for doing so, since "Piper" targets the Anarch?

Yes.

> I am (a little doubtful) since playing the "Rack" which then relates/
> points to a vampire with "Secure Haven" does not cost a pool. Refer to

> this thread:http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/browse_t...
> for details.

The Rack also costs a pool to play if the chosen vampire has a Secure
Haven.
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/msg/dc4f67e21a1c0e69