secure haven

Ron

Mar 24, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/24/98

Question about Secure Haven

Anson has a Secure Haven on him as well as The Rack and a
Haven Uncovered.

Another player wishes to 1.) Steal the Rack , directed
action, is it possible?
2.) Arson the
Secure Haven or Rack, is this?
3.) Use Haven
Uncovered to enter combat, same?

Some clarification would be greatly appreciated.

Gomi no Sensei

Mar 24, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/24/98

In article <3518147C...@total.net>, Ron <del...@total.net> wrote:
>Question about Secure Haven

whoa there, ron. best check yer tab settings -- you're wandering all over
the page here.

> Anson has a Secure Haven on him as well as The Rack and a
>Haven Uncovered.

say: "I take refuge in LSJ, who brings the light of truth to men."
and away we go.

>Another player wishes to 1.) Steal the Rack , directed
>action, is it possible?

Ayup. This (D) action targets the Methuselah, not Anson (an incidental
target of the Rack's effect).

>2.) Arson the
>Secure Haven or Rack, is this?

This (D) action targets the location, not the (incidental) vampire, so yeah.

>3.) Use Haven
>Uncovered to enter combat, same?

Nay -- This (D) action targets the vampire, much like Bum's Rush*.

gomi
*but only LSJ knows all
--
kono sora wo daite kagayaku,
shounen yo shinwa ni nare.

LSJ

Mar 25, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/25/98

Gomi no Sensei wrote:
> In article <3518147C...@total.net>, Ron <del...@total.net> wrote:
> >Anson has a Secure Haven on him as well as The Rack and a
> >Haven Uncovered.
>
> say: "I take refuge in LSJ, who brings the light of truth to men."
> and away we go.

:-)

> >Another player wishes to 1.) Steal the Rack , directed
> >action, is it possible?
>

> [Yes]. This (D) action targets the Methuselah, not Anson (an incidental

> target of the Rack's effect).
>
> >2.) Arson the
> >Secure Haven or Rack, is this?
>
> This (D) action targets the location, not the (incidental) vampire, so yeah.
>
> >3.) Use Haven
> >Uncovered to enter combat, same?
>

> Nay -- This (D) action targets the vampire, much like Bum's Rush.

Correct on all three.

--
L. Scott Johnson (vte...@wizards.com)
Official VtES Net.Rep for Wizards of the Coast.

daniel frey

Mar 25, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/25/98

Gomi no Sensei wrote:

> In article <3518147C...@total.net>, Ron <del...@total.net> wrote:
> >Question about Secure Haven
>
> whoa there, ron. best check yer tab settings -- you're wandering all over
> the page here.
>
> > Anson has a Secure Haven on him as well as The Rack and a
> >Haven Uncovered.
>
> say: "I take refuge in LSJ, who brings the light of truth to men."
> and away we go.
>
> >Another player wishes to 1.) Steal the Rack , directed
> >action, is it possible?
>
> Ayup. This (D) action targets the Methuselah, not Anson (an incidental

> target of the Rack's effect).
>
> >2.) Arson the
> >Secure Haven or Rack, is this?
>
> This (D) action targets the location, not the (incidental) vampire, so yeah.

Since the Rack has the odd aspect of being targetted at a vampire vs.
being put on a vampire, does the Rack cost one pool to play on a secure
havened vampire?

LSJ

Mar 25, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/25/98

daniel frey wrote:
> Since the Rack has the odd aspect of being targetted at a vampire vs.
> being put on a vampire, does the Rack cost one pool to play on a secure
> havened vampire?

No. Similarly, you could play a contract on a minion and name an
Assamite who had a Secure Haven without paying a pool. (Although
you would have to pay a pool if the minion who you put the
Contract on has a Secure Haven, of course, not that it would
accomplish much, since you couldn't use it to attack the
minion until the Haven was burned.)