Capparis for identification 020712MK01

Muthu Karthick

Jul 2, 2012, 12:34:41 AM7/2/12
to efloraofindia
Dear all,
Please help me in identifying this liane found inside a montane evergreen forest.

Place: Valparai
Date: 19 06 2012
Alt: c. 980 m ASL

The fruits measure c.10 cm across and the plant height is a liane with curved thorns. Leaf measures 10 x 5cm.

--
Muthu Karthick, N
Care Earth Trust
#15, second main road,
Thillai ganga nagar,
Chennai - 600 061
Mob: 0091 96268 33911
www.careearthtrust.org

Capparis sp. (2).jpg
Capparis sp. (3).jpg
Capparis sp..jpg
Capparis sp. (1).jpg

Muthu Karthick

Jul 5, 2012, 5:58:00 AM7/5/12
to efloraofindia
Dear all,
Is this shrub Capparis moonii Wight of Capparidiceae?

jmgarg1

Jul 13, 2012, 4:53:16 AM7/13/12
to efloraofindia, santhos...@gmail.com, le...@rediffmail.com, navend...@gmail.com, vijay.b...@gmail.com, mpar...@gmail.com, kotta...@gmail.com, giby.ku...@gmail.com, rites...@gmail.com, sgneg...@gmail.com, radha veach, Muthu Karthick

Some earlier relevant feedback:

“Is this shrub Capparis moonii Wight of Capparidiceae?” from Muthu ji.

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Capparis sp. (2).jpg
Capparis sp. (3).jpg
Capparis sp..jpg
Capparis sp. (1).jpg

jmgarg1

Jul 22, 2012, 1:13:19 AM7/22/12
to efloraofindia, santhos...@gmail.com, le...@rediffmail.com, navend...@gmail.com, vijay.b...@gmail.com, mpar...@gmail.com, kotta...@gmail.com, giby.ku...@gmail.com, rites...@gmail.com, sgneg...@gmail.com, radha veach, Muthu Karthick

Forwarding again forId confirmation orotherwise please.

Some earlierrelevant feedback:

Is this shrub Capparis moonii Wight of Capparidiceae?” from Muthu ji.

Sep 10, 2013, 7:38:06 AM9/10/13
to efloraofindia, Muthu Karthick, Dinesh Valke
A reply from another thread:
"Dear Muthu ji ... have not seen the fruiting in my sightings.
The size is written to be about 10 cm dia; and two links to group's database show the fruits (one of the posts is yours -- seeking validation) ...
I strongly believe your post shows the fruit of C. moonii.
Regards.
Dinesh"

Jan 4, 2021, 2:45:20 AM1/4/21
to efloraofindia
This has already been listed as  Capparis moonii Wight in the efi.
Needs to be removed from UN ID list!
Thank  you
Saroj Kasaju

Screen Shot 2021-01-04 at 13.27.42.png