IMPORTANT: Upcoming CRITICAL security patch releases on January 28, 2015

Dan Gillean

Jan 12, 2015, 5:54:45 PM1/12/15
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com

Greetings AtoM users,

We have recently identified a number of critical security vulnerabilities in AtoM and ICA-AtoM, and will be releasing a security upgrade for these vulnerabilities on January 28, 2015 at 10:00am Pacific Time.

We will be making the following releases available for upgrading, and strongly urge users to patch their AtoM and ICA-AtoM installations as soon as possible after the release to avoid exploits:

  • ICA-AtoM 1.3.2

  • AtoM 2.0.2

  • AtoM 2.1.1

The 2.1.1 release will also include a number of non-security bug fixes.

Translators, please note: we will be preparing a 2.1.2 release very soon that will include updated translations from Transifex, as well as as other bug fixes and minor improvements. This security release does not include new translation files.

We will be making another post in the User Forum on January 28th, and the releases will be available at 10am Pacific on our Downloads page. In the meantime, please ensure your backups are up to date, and watch this space for any further announcements.

If you are a client using Artefactual's hosting services, your AtoM site has already been patched.

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Product Manager / Systems Analyst,
Artefactual Systems, Inc.
604-527-2056
@accesstomemory

Dan Gillean

Jan 20, 2015, 5:16:42 PM1/20/15
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com
As a quick update to our translators:

The security release will NOT include new translation files from Transifex. However, we will be making a 2.1.2 translations-only release immediately after. Any changes made in the 2.1 project in Transifex on or before Friday, January 30, 2015, will be included - so you have 10 days to make any last-minute edits or updates if you'd like! The 2.1.2 translation release will be available on February 9th, 2015.
  • More details: here
  • Instructions on using Transifex: here
  • Original security release announcement: here

Cheers,