Google Grupper støtter ikke lenger nye Usenet-innlegg eller -abonnementer. Historisk innhold er fortsatt synlig.

Re: Confirmed: Windows 10 Setup Now Prevents Local Account Creation

Sett 3 ganger
Hopp til første uleste melding

Arlen .g. Holder

ulest,
2. okt. 2019, 15:26:3502.10.2019
til
On Wed, 2 Oct 2019 15:01:04 -0400, Panthera Tigris Altaica wrote:

> No, it's not. The iPhone SE sitting next to this computer does not have,
> and never did have, an AppleID. It works. Just not with iCloud or any of
> the other things that Apple ties to it (Books, iTunes/Music/Movies/TV,
> etc.) I don't need any of that on a work phone.

Hi Panthera Tigris Altaica,

There is an extremely simple test of imaginary belief systems
o Name just one

That is, imaginary belief systems are supported by exactly 0 facts.

I don't make shit up - so let's simply ask you to prove what you said.
o Since I'm a firm believer that imaginary belief systems have no proof

As everyone knows on this ng, when nospam says anything, it's worthless
because his answers are always just guesses - hence his response was no
more credible than the result of a brain dead statistical coin toss would
be.

You have to doublecheck EVERYTHING he says - which makes whatever he says,
utterly worthless as a result of his utter lack of adult credibility.

However, I don't have the experience with you to make any claims about your
credibility - so - as with all posters I don't know much about - I will
assume your post is purposefully helpful - and purposefully correct.

Hence, I will only need to ask you the most basic adult question:
o Tell me how to do this for my iPads

The iPad in my hand, for example, is this one:
o The 2017 9.7-inch 128GB iPad with Wi-Fi is $300 at Costco
<https://groups.google.com/d/msg/comp.mobile.ipad/2kUo5789jSk/vmk_Irh8AQAJ>

Since I never update the iOS diarrhea unless I'm forced ot
(Apple never sufficiently tests the iOS diarrhea in the real world),
the iOS version is ... (let me check) ...
o iOS 11.2.6 (15D100)

>> o And, noteworthy, Apple also REQUIRES an advertiser ID.
>
> No, they don't. No such code is on any of my devices.

Bear in mind, on Android... (and on Windows & Linux)...
o I already have a working privacy based solution

I just want a similar privacy-based working solution for iOS!

Again, I have plenty of iOS devices where I'd love to test it out.
o Just point me to a WORKING solution that does what I do on Android
1. No need for an AppleID (e.g., to obtain apps from the iTunes App Store)
2. App IPAs can easily be shared to anyone on the planet (like APKs are)
3. No advertiser ID whatsoever (as Android is sans a Google Account).
etc.

Remember, I already have all this (and more) privacy on Android.
o If the iPad can even approach Android privacy - I'd be ecstatic.

Just tell me how to remove the Apple ID from all my iPads & still download
from the official app store (and share with anyone) - just like we can
already easily do on Android (and without an advertiser ID ever even
existing).

Without jailbreaking.

> In particular no
> such code is on any of the apps we have set up for use on our own
> devices and sideloaded without having to access the Apple Store. We know
> that there is no such code as we built the apps ourselves. Nor are there
> any such codes in any apps we download from the Apple Store to load onto
> our company devices.

I have plenty of iOS devices.

Just tell me how to remove the Apple ID from all my iPads & still download
anything I want from the official app store (and share it with anyone I
want, free apps of course), just like we can easily do on Android (and
without an advertiser ID ever even existing).

Without jailbreaking.

>> Where the Apple ID is literally embedded into EVERY APP you download
>> o Even free apps!
>
> Doesn't affect those who never download anything from the Apple Store
> because the device doesn't have an AppleID.

Bear in mind that you can download ANYTHING on the Google Play store
without having a Google Play account (e.g., you use a different interface
to the Google Play store, such as the spoofing available with Aurora).

Even though you just proved me right (I don't make shit up so you should
always understand that my credibility is stellar on iOS), I always say
we're all more powerful together, than we are alone.

So if you know how I can do, on iOS, what I already do, on Android
o I would LOVE to test it out.

Juist tell w do I REMOMVE the AppleID from my iPads
o And still download apps from the official iTunes App Store
o And, share those free apps with anyone I want to share them with
o All without the advertiser ID ever even existing on Android

> We can and do use a
> _company_ AppleID to get apps for use on company gear. If there is a
> code embedded in the apps, then they have a problem as everyone will
> have the same code. Which, as no such code is in any of the apps
> available to the company devices, is even less of a problem.

There is an extremely simple test of imaginary belief systems
o Name just one

That is, imaginary belief systems are supported by exactly 0 facts.

On Android, you have FULL FUNCTIONALITY without a Google ID.
o Just like on Windows (up until this thread, anyway). :)

If you can show me how to do on iOS what I already do on Android
o I'd be ecstatic.

No AppleID
Full access to the App Store apps
Complete portability for free apps to any similar device & any owner
No advertiser id
etc.

Just name a cite explaining how to do on IOS what I already do on Android:
o Name just one.

nospam

ulest,
2. okt. 2019, 15:30:0102.10.2019
til
In article <qn2tl9$4ta$1...@news.mixmin.net>, Arlen .g. Holder
<Jarl.enen...@nospam.edu> wrote:

> I have plenty of iOS devices.

so you claim, yet you have *no* idea how to use them to their fullest
potential.

queue next rant...

Panthera Tigris Altaica

ulest,
2. okt. 2019, 15:51:5502.10.2019
til
You're telling me that the iPhone SE sitting next to this computer has
an AppleID when I _know_ it doesn't _as I was the one who set it up?_
Really? No need to read further, you have no clue about what you're
posting. It is _trivial_ to set up iOS devices to not use AppleIDs, and
easier yet to set up macOS devices to not use AppleIDs! I have done both
multiple times! Anyone who tries to tell me that it is not possible to
use iOS or macOS devices without an AppleID is, simply, either lying or
insane. Pick one.

Arlen .g. Holder

ulest,
2. okt. 2019, 16:10:3502.10.2019
til
On Wed, 2 Oct 2019 15:53:08 -0400, Panthera Tigris Altaica wrote:

> You're telling me that the iPhone SE sitting next to this computer has
> an AppleID when I _know_ it doesn't _as I was the one who set it up?_
> Really? No need to read further, you have no clue about what you're
> posting. It is _trivial_ to set up iOS devices to not use AppleIDs, and
> easier yet to set up macOS devices to not use AppleIDs! I have done both
> multiple times! Anyone who tries to tell me that it is not possible to
> use iOS or macOS devices without an AppleID is, simply, either lying or
> insane. Pick one.

Hi Panthera,

Rest assured I instantly understood the silly childish games you played.

My credibility on facts is stellar, Panthera.
o Nobody has ever found my facts to be materially wrong on Usenet (1)

Even after what must amount to many thousands of facts posted.

Rest assured I'm highly educated, & I worked in the Silicon Valley startups
for decades - where NOTHING you wrote do I not comprehend.
o You don't last in those environments - with your lack of comprehension.

I realize you're playing the same silly childish game nospam is playing.

The simplest test of your imaginary belief system, you failed, instantly:
o Name just one

You can change the goalposts all you want, Panthera, but the fact remains.
o You just made it up.

You can't name a _single_ reliable cite that refutes my factual claims.
o Not a single one.

That's because I don't make shit up, Panthera.
o You and nospam are simply playing your silly semantic games.

And I knew it the moment you posted, Panthera.
o I gave you a chance to back up your claims.

And you instantly failed - just like nospam always does.
o Go play your silly childish semantic games elsewhere, Panthera

Go play.

--
(1) I'm human, and Usenet is casual, so I must have gotten one fact or two
materially wrong in the decades, but the fact is my belief system is not

Arlen .g. Holder

ulest,
2. okt. 2019, 16:11:0302.10.2019
til
On Wed, 02 Oct 2019 15:30:15 -0400, nospam wrote:

> so you claim, yet you have *no* idea how to use them to their fullest
> potential.

Hi nospam,

You incessantly claim imaginary functionally for the iOS diarrhea, nospam.
o And yet, you always fail the simplest 3 word test of imaginary beliefs

You just failed the simplest test of your imaginary belief system, nospam:
o Name just one.

--
o Why do Apple Apologists constantly brazenly fabricate what turns out to
be wholly imaginary Apple functionality?

Arlen .g. Holder

ulest,
2. okt. 2019, 16:44:5802.10.2019
til
On Wed, 2 Oct 2019 15:05:05 -0400, Panthera Tigris Altaica wrote:

> Yes, you can. Without jailbreaking. I have right in front of me an
> iPhone SE which does not have an AppleID and never did. I'm sorry, but
> reality trumps your paranoia.

Hi Panthera,

Adults can do things young children haven't learned how to do yet
a. Adults can comprehend basic facts
b. Adults then form logical assessments utilizing those basic facts
c. Such that adults can back up those facts & reasonable assessments.
d. With reliable reference cites (showing other reliable adults agree).

You can't do _any_ of that, Panthera.
o Your belief system is based on exactly zero facts, Panthera.

Where you failed the simplest most basic test of imaginary belief systems
o Name just one

While the main point of my original post was that Microsoft is, perhaps,
following in the slippery lack-of-privacy footsteps of Apple - where - at
least on Android (and hopefully, on Windows) - you can easily ameliorate
their attempts to separate you from your privacy.

And yet, with the iOS diarrhea - you can't.

Which, I explained, as I am wont to do...
o With facts.

I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt, ok?
o I will simply ask you to back up your claims - with reliable cited facts.

If you can point me to a single tutorial on this planet, Panthera
o Which shows how to set up my iPad with the privacy of my Android

Then, I have three simple words for you, Panthera.
o Those three simple words are the same words I give everyone, Panthera
Who claims (what I already know to be) wholly imaginary belief systems.

Let's see if you, Panthera, won't fail this simplest of simple 3 word test.
o Just three words.

If you fail these three words, Panthera, you can't last a week in the
Silicon Valley, nor in an decent graduate school, Panthera.

Because these three words are the most basic test of imaginary beliefs.
o Name just one.

Name just one tutorial that I will follow for my iOS iPads that enables
what I already have on Android (which has been stated numerous times - so
that I can have privacy on iOS that I already have on Android, Panthera).

That privacy & functionality I want for iOS I already have on Android:
o Set up the mobile device sans a single Google/Apple identifying account;
o And _still_ download & use _any_ free IPA/APK from the official store;
* And _still_ extract & re-use those IPAs/APKs on _any_ similar device;
o Owned & registered to anyone anywhere in the world at any time;
o All without an advertiser ID &, of course, sans jailbreaking/rooting.

Bearing in mind childishly imaginary belief systems contain exactly zero
facts backing them up (e.g., Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, etc.)...

This is the simplest of the most basic tests you need to pass, Panthera.
o Does your belief system own a _single_ fact backing it up, Panthera?

If so...
o Name just one.

Your Name

ulest,
2. okt. 2019, 17:13:0902.10.2019
til
Asswipe Holder is both, plus an ignorant troll. Just ignore the
brainless f'wit.

Arlen .g. Holder

ulest,
2. okt. 2019, 17:20:4802.10.2019
til
On Wed, 2 Oct 2019 14:02:13 -0600, Ken Springer wrote:

>> I expect Microsoft to try everything in order to get users to use
>> Microsoft accounts. I therefore take active measures against them.
>
> Apple appears to do similar, but is better at letting you know you have
> the option of not signing in with an Apple account.

This is a summary, not specifically for Ken Springer, but for everyone
o Where, together, we are more aware of factual truth & logical assessment
o Than we are alone.

To that end, here's my factual perspective on privacy/functionality of:
o Accounts & portability of apps
o Advertiser ID of users

1. The point of this thread, was to learn more about what Microsoft is
doing with the enforcement of an account, which, we all can easily
ascertain based on the facts, is kind of sort of what Apple and Google have
been doing for quite a long time on iOS and Android respectively.

ACCOUNTS & PORTABILITY:
On Windows, historically, the "official" app store has NOT been the typical
location for "most free apps", whereas, on the Apple/Android mobile
devices, the situation is a bit more focused on the "official" app store,
where, only on iOS is the account ID permanently associated with the
typical free app that typical users download & use, and, only on iOS, is
the downloaded app NOT portable across almost any device and almost any
user on this planet with a similar device.

ADVERTISER ID:
Likewise, on Windows, the "advertiser id" has, historically, not existed,
although I don't keep up with how Windows 10 has been doing with the
advertiser ID of late (where I welcome factual clarifications), whereas on
Android, the advertiser id clearly does not exist if the account doesn't
exist, while, in stark contrast, the advertiser id clearly exists on iOS
and can not be removed sans jailbreaking.

SUMMARY on ACCOUNTS:
a. On Windows, an account is generally not needed for "most" free apps.
b. On Android, an account is generally not needed for "most" free apps.
c. On iOS, an account is decidedly required for "most" free apps.

SUMMARY on PORTABILLITY:
a. On Windows, free apps are portable to all users on all similar devices.
b. On Android, free apps are portable to all users on all similar devices.
c. On iOS, free apps are not portable to all users even if on similar devices.

If these facts & assessments are wrong, or need tweaking, then please add
value as Usenet is a potluck where we all share our factual and reasonable
assessments - so that we know more - together - than we do - alone.

Arlen .g. Holder

ulest,
2. okt. 2019, 17:31:5802.10.2019
til
On Thu, 3 Oct 2019 10:13:08 +1300, Your Name wrote:

> Asswipe Holder is both, plus an ignorant troll. Just ignore the
> brainless f'wit.

Why do those with imaginary belief systems spew vitriol in response to fact?
o I don't know why.

Maybe facts fly in the face of what marketing fed them to believe?

I think it's like what happens when a fifth grader is told about Santa Claus.
o Some handle facts like adults are supposed to handle facts.
o Some retain childish impulses, instantly lashing out with hateful vitriol.

SUMMARY on ACCOUNTS:
a. On Windows, an account is generally not needed for "most" free apps.
b. On Android, an account is generally not needed for "most" free apps.
c. On iOS, an account is decidedly required for "most" free apps.

SUMMARY on PORTABILLITY:
a. On Windows, free apps are portable to all users on all similar devices.
b. On Android, free apps are portable to all users on all similar devices.
c. On iOS, free apps are not portable to all users even if on similar
devices.

If these facts & assessments are wrong, or need tweaking, then please add
value as Usenet is a potluck where we all share our factual and reasonable
assessments - so that we know more - together - than we do - alone.

--
NOTE: The original thread was about an account being needed, for Windows,
which is what we should return to fleshing out (as Android/iOS are already

she...@outlook.com

ulest,
2. okt. 2019, 18:44:2602.10.2019
til
Yes, AG Holder is one. I have him with 5 different headers. He's blocked on
all of them.

G. B

ulest,
2. okt. 2019, 18:53:5202.10.2019
til
On 02/10/2019 22:13, Your Name wrote:

> Asswipe Holder is both, plus an ignorant troll. Just ignore the
> brainless f'wit.

You're wrong here. Asswipe Holder is a clever bastard who can make all
idiots here to respond to him. Look at the posts generated by him!!

all sensible people are just ignoring him but he is a known nym-shifter
so you might respond to his posts inadvertently.

Ken Springer

ulest,
2. okt. 2019, 19:04:1002.10.2019
til
On 10/2/19 3:20 PM, Arlen .g. Holder wrote:
> On Wed, 2 Oct 2019 14:02:13 -0600, Ken Springer wrote:

> 1. The point of this thread, was to learn more about what Microsoft is
> doing with the enforcement of an account

No, it isn't.

The point of this thread is in the subject line of the thread, forced to
create a Microsoft account in order to install Windows 10.

Numerous respondents have shown your original subject to be false. Even
the article you referenced proved the original subject and title of the
article to be false.

All of the privacy, iOS, etc., if you want to talk about that, you
should have started a new thread rather than dirty up the original subject.

My opinion.

--
Ken
MacOS 10.14.6

Ken Blake

ulest,
2. okt. 2019, 19:33:5802.10.2019
til
Nym-shifters don't bother me. Yes, I might respond to their posts
inadvertently, but not many of their posts. Even if I don't
immediately recognize who they are, I quickly recognize them as trolls
and killfile the new name too.

Panthera Tigris Altaica

ulest,
2. okt. 2019, 20:06:0102.10.2019
til
On 2019-10-02 16:44, Arlen .g. Holder wrote:
> On Wed, 2 Oct 2019 15:05:05 -0400, Panthera Tigris Altaica wrote:
>
>> Yes, you can. Without jailbreaking. I have right in front of me an
>> iPhone SE which does not have an AppleID and never did. I'm sorry, but
>> reality trumps your paranoia.
>
> Hi Panthera,
>
> Adults can do things young children haven't learned how to do yet
> a. Adults can comprehend basic facts

Here's a fact: I have in front of me an iPhone SE which does not have an
AppleID on it.

Panthera Tigris Altaica

ulest,
2. okt. 2019, 20:12:1702.10.2019
til
On 2019-10-02 16:10, Arlen .g. Holder wrote:
> On Wed, 2 Oct 2019 15:53:08 -0400, Panthera Tigris Altaica wrote:
>
>> You're telling me that the iPhone SE sitting next to this computer has
>> an AppleID when I _know_ it doesn't _as I was the one who set it up?_
>> Really? No need to read further, you have no clue about what you're
>> posting. It is _trivial_ to set up iOS devices to not use AppleIDs, and
>> easier yet to set up macOS devices to not use AppleIDs! I have done both
>> multiple times! Anyone who tries to tell me that it is not possible to
>> use iOS or macOS devices without an AppleID is, simply, either lying or
>> insane. Pick one.
>
> Hi Panthera,
>
> Rest assured I instantly understood the silly childish games you played.

Rest assured that you have demonstrated that you know very little about
iOS and macOS and Windows.

Among the things about which you know nothing are the simple facts that
users do not need to have an AppleID to use iOS or macOS devices, and
users do not need to have a Microsoft ID to install Windows. I,
personally, have set up numerous iOS, macOS, and Windows 10 devices,
including the iPhone SE in front of me and the laptop upon which I am
typing (iOS 13 and Win10 this year April/May version, respectively)
without having to use AppleIDs or Microsoft IDs. Anyone who insists, in
the face of my actual, personal, experience, on stating that AppleIDs or
Microsoft IDs are required is simply either a liar or isn't playing with
a full deck.

Arlen .g. Holder

ulest,
2. okt. 2019, 23:57:1902.10.2019
til
On Wed, 2 Oct 2019 20:13:42 -0400, Panthera Tigris Altaica wrote:

> Rest assured that you have demonstrated that you know very little about
> iOS and macOS and Windows.
>
> Among the things about which you know nothing are the simple facts that
> users do not need to have an AppleID to use iOS or macOS devices, and
> users do not need to have a Microsoft ID to install Windows. I,
> personally, have set up numerous iOS, macOS, and Windows 10 devices,
> including the iPhone SE in front of me and the laptop upon which I am
> typing (iOS 13 and Win10 this year April/May version, respectively)
> without having to use AppleIDs or Microsoft IDs. Anyone who insists, in
> the face of my actual, personal, experience, on stating that AppleIDs or
> Microsoft IDs are required is simply either a liar or isn't playing with
> a full deck.

My credibility on Usenet is stellar - with NEVER a fact being wrong
o In so many thousands of post over so many years - I can't count them.

Yet - you join the conversation just once...
o And everything you say turns out to be complete and total bullshit.

Play your silly games Panthera - just like nospam plays his childish games.
o Imaginary belief systems are always supported by exactly zero facts

Play your silly games, Panthera, just like Ken Blake plays his silly games.

That's why, on Usenet, I challenge when people like you bullshit us, with:
o Name just one

FACT:
Ant to Panthera:
On Wed, 02 Oct 2019 15:25:32 -0500, Ant wrote:
> How do you download and upgrade your non-default apps?

Panthera to Ant:
On Wed, 2 Oct 2019 20:06:18 -0400, Panthera Tigris Altaica wrote:
> I don't have any which aren't sideloaded corporate apps.

ASSESSMENT:
o You, like nospam, tried to brazenly bullshit us.

Back to the topic of Microsoft changes to the Windows installation...

As for Microsoft 10 Home installation, the entire OP is, verbatim, from:
o Confirmed: Windows 10 Setup Now Prevents Local Account Creation
<https://www.howtogeek.com/442609/confirmed-windows-10-setup-now-prevents-local-account-creation/>

Together, we're more powerful than we are alone, Panthera.

Since I haven't installed Windows in more than a month, and even then, it
was to convert Windows 10 S to Windows 10 Home, I've asked for someone who
has installed a fresh Windows 10 Home to summarize for the group the
following key information that the article brought up as changes.

For a brand new up-to-date Windows 10 Home fresh installations...
1. Is the article wrong that the account can no longer be avoided?
2. Did Microsoft _change_ the challenges (i.e., did they hide some?)
3. If so, can someone confirm the steps to _avoid_ account creation?

--
Please note if my response is ONLY about mobile devices, I will remove the
Widnows 10 newsgroup - and likewise - if the response is only about Windows

Arlen .g. Holder

ulest,
2. okt. 2019, 23:59:5702.10.2019
til
On Wed, 2 Oct 2019 20:07:27 -0400, Panthera Tigris Altaica wrote:

> Here's a fact: I have in front of me an iPhone SE which does not have an
> AppleID on it.

Hi Panthera,

Play your silly games Panthera.
o You bullshit just like nospam does - where your credibility is shit.

The group will note Panthera's prior response to Ant on the Win10 ng.

Ant to Panthera:
On Wed, 02 Oct 2019 15:25:32 -0500, Ant wrote:
> How do you download and upgrade your non-default apps?

Panthera to Ant:
On Wed, 2 Oct 2019 20:06:18 -0400, Panthera Tigris Altaica wrote:
> I don't have any which aren't sideloaded corporate apps.

Play your silly games, Panthera, play.
o Just like Ken Blake plays his silly games, and Shemp.

My credibility on Usenet is stellar on facts, Panthera.
o Never once have my facts ever been materially wrong, Panthera.

And yet, you're dead wrong in your first response here.
o You show yourself to utter absolute bullshit in this thread.

Bear in mind I challenge those, like you, who can only bullshit.
o Play your silly games, Panthera.

Play.

nospam

ulest,
3. okt. 2019, 00:11:3103.10.2019
til
In article <qn3riu$cqp$1...@news.mixmin.net>, Arlen .g. Holder
<Jarl.enen...@nospam.edu> wrote:

> My credibility on Usenet is zero - with NEVER a fact being correct

ftfy

> o In so many thousands of post over so many years - I can't count them.

because you change nyms so frequently and have no idea which posts are
yours.

Arlen .g. Holder

ulest,
3. okt. 2019, 00:12:3503.10.2019
til
On Wed, 2 Oct 2019 17:04:09 -0600, Ken Springer wrote:

>> 1. The point of this thread, was to learn more about what Microsoft is
>> doing with the enforcement of an account
>
> No, it isn't.

Ken Springer was correct that I inadvertently mixed objectives, so I have
responded to him in the Win10 ng in order to better keep the Windows
questions and solutions separate from the mobile device questions &
solutions, & vice versa.

Please see the official web based Windows 10 archives for further details.

Lewis

ulest,
3. okt. 2019, 00:14:1003.10.2019
til
In message <lfidnbps9dvZtQjA...@giganews.com> she...@outlook.com <she...@outlook.com> wrote:
> Yes, AG Holder is one. I have him with 5 different headers. He's blocked on
> all of them.

He's got in excess of 40 nyms he's used in these groups. He keeps
changing them because his tiny tiny ego is so fragile he can't stand the
idea that people might not read his diarrhea. His entire life revolves
around posting inane drivel and then whacking off when people reply to
him.

Keep that image in your mind before you respond to his posts.

--
'People need vampires,' she [Granny] said. 'They helps 'em remember what
stakes and garlic are for.' --Carpe Jugulum

nospam

ulest,
3. okt. 2019, 00:17:3403.10.2019
til
In article <qn3sfi$fc8$1...@news.mixmin.net>, Arlen .g. Holder
<Jarl.enen...@nospam.edu> wrote:

> >> 1. The point of this thread, was to learn more about what Microsoft is
> >> doing with the enforcement of an account
> >
> > No, it isn't.
>
> Ken Springer was correct that I intentionally mixed objectives,

ftfy

Arlen .g. Holder

ulest,
3. okt. 2019, 00:21:1803.10.2019
til
On Thu, 03 Oct 2019 00:11:29 -0400, nospam wrote:

> ftfy

Hi nospam,

The facts are clear that Panthera tried to bullshit us in this thread.
o Just like you do all the time, nospam - in almost every thread.

Where I respond to all you bullshitters with a simple factual challenge
o Name just one

You always fail.
o Your belief system is always comprised of exactly zero facts.

Why?
o I don't know why.

Perhaps it could be simply that you believe ONLY what MARKETING feeds you.
o I do admit, marketing is clever in how they market to fools like you.

Intelligent people can easily see through the clever marketing though.
o Privacy is more than what marketing cleverly cherry picks for you.

The fact remains this kind of privacy doesn't even _exist_ on iOS.
o All I want for the iPad is the privacy that I already have on Android.
<https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/comp.mobile.android/7X8-AxE6_1k>

Specifically...
o Set up the mobile device sans a single Google/Apple identifying account;
o And _still_ download & use _any_ free IPA/APK from the official store;
* And _still_ extract & re-use those IPAs/APKs on _any_ similar device;
o Owned & registered to anyone anywhere in the world at any time;
o All without an advertiser ID &, of course, sans jailbreaking/rooting.

That's a fact.

--
The fact you hate facts doesn't change the fact they're still facts.

Arlen .g. Holder

ulest,
3. okt. 2019, 00:23:4903.10.2019
til
On Thu, 03 Oct 2019 00:17:33 -0400, nospam wrote:

> ftfy

Arlen .g. Holder

ulest,
3. okt. 2019, 00:24:2003.10.2019
til
On Thu, 3 Oct 2019 04:14:09 -0000 (UTC), Lewis wrote:

> His entire life revolves
> around posting inane drivel and then whacking off when people reply to
> him.

nospam

ulest,
3. okt. 2019, 00:34:0703.10.2019
til
In article <qn3svr$gnu$1...@news.mixmin.net>, Arlen .g. Holder
<Jarl.enen...@nospam.edu> wrote:

> The facts are clear that I tried to bullshit us in this thread.

ftfy

nospam

ulest,
3. okt. 2019, 00:34:0803.10.2019
til
In article <qn3t4k$h4c$1...@news.mixmin.net>, Arlen .g. Holder
<Jarl.enen...@nospam.edu> wrote:

> Specifically...
> o Set up the mobile device sans a single Google/Apple identifying account;
> o And _still_ download & use _any_ free IPA/APK from the official store;
> * And _still_ extract & re-use those IPAs/APKs on _any_ similar device;
> o Owned & registered to anyone anywhere in the world at any time;
> o All without an advertiser ID &, of course, sans jailbreaking/rooting.

do you really think that makes you anonymous to google??

hint: google is not fooled.

Arlen... Holder

ulest,
3. okt. 2019, 00:50:2603.10.2019
til
On Thu, 03 Oct 2019 00:34:06 -0400, nospam wrote:

>> Specifically...
>> o Set up the mobile device sans a single Google/Apple identifying account;
>> o And _still_ download & use _any_ free IPA/APK from the official store;
>> * And _still_ extract & re-use those IPAs/APKs on _any_ similar device;
>> o Owned & registered to anyone anywhere in the world at any time;
>> o All without an advertiser ID &, of course, sans jailbreaking/rooting.
>
> do you really think that makes you anonymous to google??

Hi nospam,

What about being anonymous to Apple?
o And what about eliminating the advertiser ID on iOS devices?

Privacy is not just what marketing cherry picks for you to believe.
o Privacy is a series of many things you do every day, all day.

If you really want facts, simply read (& comprehend) what's already said:
o What is the factual truth about PRIVACY differences or similarities between the Android & iOS mobile phone ecosystems?
<https://groups.google.com/d/msg/comp.mobile.android/FCKRA_3i9CY/B3bkd07xAAAJ>

The fact is that those privacy steps are impossible on iOS.
o You don't have to like that fact - but it's still a fact nonetheless.

nospam

ulest,
3. okt. 2019, 01:01:4703.10.2019
til
In article <qn3umh$kta$1...@news.mixmin.net>, Arlen... Holder
<ar...@holder.edu> wrote:

> >> Specifically...
> >> o Set up the mobile device sans a single Google/Apple identifying account;
> >> o And _still_ download & use _any_ free IPA/APK from the official store;
> >> * And _still_ extract & re-use those IPAs/APKs on _any_ similar device;
> >> o Owned & registered to anyone anywhere in the world at any time;
> >> o All without an advertiser ID &, of course, sans jailbreaking/rooting.
> >
> > do you really think that makes you anonymous to google??
>

> What about being anonymous to Apple?

answer the question, do you really think that makes you anonymous to
google??

Arlen Holder

ulest,
3. okt. 2019, 01:18:3503.10.2019
til
On Thu, 03 Oct 2019 01:01:46 -0400, nospam wrote:

> answer the question, do you really think that makes you anonymous to
> google??

I did answer the question, nospam.
o You just didn't _comprehend_ the answer to the question.

More details here... where privacy is a _series_ of things.
o Many of which are patently impossible to do on the iOS diarrhea.

o What is the factual truth about PRIVACY differences or similarities between the Android & iOS mobile phone ecosystems?
<https://groups.google.com/d/msg/comp.mobile.android/FCKRA_3i9CY/B3bkd07xAAAJ>

--
The fact you don't like facts doesn't change the fact they're facts.

nospam

ulest,
3. okt. 2019, 02:06:2103.10.2019
til
In article <qn40ba$oom$1...@news.mixmin.net>, Arlen Holder
<arlen....@holder.edu> wrote:

> > answer the question, do you really think that makes you anonymous to
> > google??
>
> I did answer the question,

you did not.

it's a simple yes or no question:

do you really think that avoiding use of a google id and all of the
other ridiculous things you do makes you anonymous to google?

Arlen Holder

ulest,
3. okt. 2019, 02:29:1203.10.2019
til
On Thu, 03 Oct 2019 02:06:21 -0400, nospam wrote:

> you did not.
>
> it's a simple yes or no question:
>
> do you really think that avoiding use of a google id and all of the
> other ridiculous things you do makes you anonymous to google?

Hi nospam,

Your lack of comprehension about privacy being many things is impressive.

The fact remains this kind of privacy doesn't even _exist_ on iOS.
o All I want for the iPad is the privacy that I already have on Android.
<https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/comp.mobile.android/7X8-AxE6_1k>

The fact remains that a LOT of privacy that is on Android, isn't on iOS:
o What is the factual truth about PRIVACY differences or similarities between the Android & iOS mobile phone ecosystems?
<https://groups.google.com/d/msg/comp.mobile.android/FCKRA_3i9CY/B3bkd07xAAAJ>

That you don't seem to comprehend those facts doesn't make them not facts.

Arlen Holder

ulest,
3. okt. 2019, 02:29:1303.10.2019
til
On Thu, 03 Oct 2019 00:34:06 -0400, nospam wrote:

> ftfy

nospam

ulest,
3. okt. 2019, 02:50:0803.10.2019
til
In article <qn44fn$331$1...@news.mixmin.net>, Arlen Holder
<arlen....@holder.edu> wrote:

> > you did not.
> >
> > it's a simple yes or no question:
> >
> > do you really think that avoiding use of a google id and all of the
> > other ridiculous things you do makes you anonymous to google?
>

> Your lack of comprehension about privacy being many things is impressive.
>
> The fact remains this kind of privacy doesn't even _exist_ on iOS.
> o All I want for the iPad is the privacy that I already have on Android.
> <https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/comp.mobile.android/7X8-AxE6_1k>
>
> The fact remains that a LOT of privacy that is on Android, isn't on iOS:
> o What is the factual truth about PRIVACY differences or similarities between
> the Android & iOS mobile phone ecosystems?
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msg/comp.mobile.android/FCKRA_3i9CY/B3bkd07xAAAJ>
>
> That you don't seem to comprehend those facts doesn't make them not facts.

you're still not answering the question.

Arlen Holder

ulest,
3. okt. 2019, 02:52:3303.10.2019
til
On Thu, 03 Oct 2019 02:50:08 -0400, nospam wrote:

> you're still not answering the question.

You're still not comprehensive of the fact I answered it multiple times.

--
The fact you don't like facts doesn't change the fact they're still facts.
0 nye meldinger