1993 SEMINAR VIDEO FEATURING TONY ZOPPI, IKE PAPPAS, BOB JACKSON, AND OTHERS

David Von Pein

Feb 1, 2010, 3:14:13 AM2/1/10

http://www.c-spanvideo.org/program/52566-1

For anybody who thinks Jack Ruby killed Lee Harvey Oswald as part of a
pre-arranged conspiratorial plot (which would encompass almost all
conspiracy theorists worldwide), the video linked above is certainly
worth watching.

This C-Span video includes a panel of journalists who assembled at
Southern Methodist University in Dallas, Texas, for a day-long
commemorative seminar on November 20, 1993, to observe the 30th
anniversary of JFK's assassination.

The moderator of this particular panel is Tony Zoppi, who was Jack
Ruby's friend since 1951. It's fascinating to hear Zoppi explain his
relationship with Ruby, and particularly the part about Ruby's trip to
Havana, Cuba, in late 1958, which many conspiracy theorists seem to
think was conspiratorial in some fashion.

Other journalists featured in this video include Bob Jackson, Wes
Wise, Ike Pappas, and Hugh Aynesworth.

The segment with Ike Pappas is another very good part of this 1993
program, as he vividly and energetically recounts the role he played
during the unforgettable weekend of President Kennedy's death. Pappas
died fairly recently, on August 31, 2008.

I hadn't realized until today that a portion of Pappas' remarkable
live coverage of the murder of Oswald was (according to Pappas
himself) actually recorded after Ike had departed the DPD basement.
The tape was then edited and pieced together at a later time. (It
reminds me of the KBOX-Radio re-creation, which is a recording that
for decades had me fooled into thinking it was done "live" on
11/22/63.)

=================================

ADDITIONAL SEGMENTS OF THE LENGTHY 11/20/93 S.M.U. PROGRAM CAN BE
FOUND HERE:

http://www.c-spanvideo.org/videoLibrary/search-results.php?keywords=Journalists+Remember+JFK+Assassination

=================================

RELATED LINKS:

IKE PAPPAS:
http://DVP-Potpourri.blogspot.com/2009/11/lee-harvey-oswald-has-been-shot.html
http://jfkfiles.blogspot.com/2008/09/ike-pappas-who-broadcast-oswald-death.html

BOB JACKSON:
http://Amazon.com/ROBERT-JACKSON-PHOTO/review/R3LDQF5LBJKIPD

JACK RUBY:
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.conspiracy.jfk/msg/77edb3f67ec3350a
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.conspiracy.jfk/msg/5bfb6bd1b771ed4d

=================================

David Von Pein

Feb 2, 2010, 4:58:14 AM2/2/10

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.conspiracy.jfk/msg/19a7f433022d2c5e

http://www.c-spanvideo.org/program/52521-1

ADDENDUM:

Another enlightening and interesting part of the above-linked segment
of the 1993 "Reporters Remember 11-22-63" conference/seminar is the
part where Gary DeLaune of Dallas radio station KLIF talks about how
he didn't think it was unusual for Jack Ruby to have simply walked
down the Main Street ramp leading into the City Hall basement on
11/24/63 just before Lee Oswald was shot, because DeLaune says that he
HIMSELF walked down that very same ramp shortly before Ruby killed
Oswald.

Given the sum total of all the witness statements connected with the
important subject of "The Main Street Ramp", Gary DeLaune's statement
about how he himself walked down that same ramp shortly before Oswald
was shot must be taken with a grain of salt, of course. But DeLaune
did make such a statement nevertheless.

Here's the KLIF-Radio audio from November 24th, 1963, which includes
an extremely out-of-breath Gary DeLaune telling the radio audience
about what he had just witnessed in the basement of the Dallas Police
Department a few minutes earlier. DeLaune sounds as if he is on the
verge of collapse in this remarkable clip. He is so out of breath, he
can barely speak:

http://www.Box.net/shared/x9x2krs8o8

=======================================

RELATED LINKS:

http://www.garydnews.com

http://www.c-spanvideo.org/videoLibrary/search-results.php?keywords=Journalists+Remember+JFK+Assassination

http://www.Oswald-Has-Been-Shot.blogspot.com

=======================================

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

David Von Pein

Feb 2, 2010, 8:08:06 AM2/2/10

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.assassination.jfk/browse_thread/thread/647bb3c107072ec2

ANTHONY MARSH SAID:

>>> "Make sure that you listen carefully to [Darwin Payne] explaining the poll they took of the reporters about whether they think it was a conspiracy or a lone nut. He seems confused by the fact that almost everyone checked off lone nut and THEN checked off who was responsible for the conspiracy. Here is the breakdown he reported: Did Oswald act alone?: Yes--75, No--6. .... Was Oswald involved in a conspiracy?: Yes--9, No--72. .... If you believe that there was a conspiracy, who was involved? [TONY MARSH DOESN'T HAVE THE QUESTION WORDED CORRECTLY HERE; SEE MY REPLY BELOW]: Mafia--32; Cuba--14; US intelligence agencies--42; DPD--5. .... Darwin Payne was confused by the results of the survey. Just as you are confused. But some of us get it." <<<

DVP SAID:

Darwin Payne wasn't confused. Apparently the 81 people who responded
to that poll were confused though, because the last question
(according to Payne) was worded like this:

"IF YOU ANSWERED YES TO #2 [about there being a conspiracy], WHO
WAS INVOLVED?"

Therefore, since only NINE people answered "Yes" to there being a
conspiracy, there should have been only NINE people answering that
last question about "who was involved?". Instead, there were 93
answers. Doesn't make sense at all.

And even taking into account the possibility that all 9 people who
voted "Yes" to the #2 question wrote down multiple agencies being
involved as co-conspirators, it still doesn't add up at all. Because
how can "9" suddenly balloon to "93" for the last question?

Amazingly, per those poll results, only 9 people said "Yes" to the
second question about a conspiracy, but 42 of those 9 said they think
U.S. intelligence agencies were part of a plot to kill JFK.

~big ol' shrug~

ANTHONY MARSH SAID:

>>> "So, the results of their [1993] survey were very similar to what I posted as representing what most polls of the American public believe. And as I pointed out, if you ask most journalists and CIA employees, about 99% of them will publicly state that they think that Oswald was a lone nut. .... But if you talked to those same people privately, about half of them would tell you that they suspect that there was a conspiracy and most likely Castro and/or the KGB were behind it. The Journalists Remember Symposium just confirms everything that I said. Darwin Payne was confused by the results of the survey. Just as you are confused. But some of us get it." <<<

DVP SAID (FIGHTING HIS WEAK BLADDER):

LOL.

So, Tony, what you seem to be saying here is that most of the people
who said there was no conspiracy in that 1993 SMU poll were actually
telling a lie. But then, just SECONDS LATER, when those same people
were asked (WITHIN THE VERY SAME POLL!) to write down who they think
was involved in a conspiracy to kill President Kennedy, those same
people who told the falsehood about there being no conspiracy now have
no qualms at all about telling their TRUE thoughts about who was
involved?

Is that about the size of the situation, Anthony? That sure seems to
be what you have implied above.

I guess those 70+ people who voted for "Oswald acting alone" somehow
completely forgot that they were supposed to keep up an "LN" facade
when they were asked the next "who was involved?" question, huh?

Were all 70+ of them totally senile, in that they told a lie in one or
two of the questions, and then turned around and told the pollsters
their true inner feelings in the very next question?

~LOL Replay~

The confusion regarding the SMU poll can be seen and heard near the
end of this video (at 59:00):

http://www.c-spanarchives.org/program/52567-1

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

David Von Pein

Feb 2, 2010, 2:26:23 PM2/2/10

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.assassination.jfk/msg/6cc93ec55c2bd388

>>> "Could you please elaborate on that? Too little has been said on that subject, in my opinion. I'm not sure I understand well. Could you please explain in detail what exactly was recorded and when and how. And also where was the journalist at the very moment of the action. These questions apply for both cases (Ike Pappas and Ruby, and also the KBOX-Radio recreation). Thanks in advance." <<<

Hi Francois,

As far as Ike Pappas' WNEW-Radio recording of Oswald's murder, I know
nothing more than what Pappas himself said in the 1993 SMU conference
video, which has Pappas talking about how his "holy mackerel" comment
was not uttered until sometime after he had departed the DPD basement.
I think Pappas said he was on a stairway somewhere in City Hall when
he said "holy mackerel".

Actually, Pappas said the words "holy mackerel" twice on his famous
11/24/63 tape recording. He says it once very shortly after Ruby shot
Oswald (or at least I always thought that was done "live" at that
time, but apparently, per Mr. Pappas in '93, it was recorded a little
while later)....and the recording ends with Pappas saying "holy
mackerel" again. Those are the very last words on the 5-minute version
of the recording that I currently possess (which can be heard at the
link below):

http://www.Box.net/shared/9hwuvpkows

So I'm not sure whether Pappas, in 1993, meant that BOTH of his "holy
mackerels" were edited into the earlier part of the recording, or
perhaps just the first one. Or: it's possible Ike had forgotten that
he said those words TWICE, and not just once.

~shrug~

A LITTLE MORE ABOUT IKE PAPPAS:

Pappas was making fun of himself at the 1993 Dallas journalists
conference due to the fact that he shouted "Oswald has been shot!"
immediately after Ruby plugged Lee Harvey (or "Lee Harold", according
to Bob Huffaker; more on Huffaker later in this post). ~wink~

But, in my opinion, Pappas' "Oswald has been shot!" verbiage was
perfect. But Ike seems to think he should have come up with something
more eloquent at that moment. I disagree. Pappas said just the right
thing. And when you think about it for a minute, what the heck ELSE
was Ike supposed to say to convey what had just occurred before his
very eyes?

After not getting an answer from Oswald following the question that
Pappas yelled at the DPD's famous prisoner ("Do you have anything to
say in your defense?", which were probably the last words Oswald ever
heard in his life)....should Pappas have said into his tape recorder:
"I wonder why Oswald didn't answer me? There's not much else going on
here that I can see"???

(LOL.)

About the only thing that seems a little bit strange to me when
listening to the Ike Pappas recording is when Pappas asks the French
reporter (who was also a witness to the shooting), "What happened?"

It seemed kind of odd that Mr. Pappas would need to ask anyone else
"what happened?" after Ike himself had just seen Oswald shot right
before his very own eyes. Perhaps the event was so incredible, Ike
felt he just couldn't BELIEVE his very own eyes at that exact
moment. ;)

For what it's worth, I regard Ike Pappas' live coverage of Lee Harvey
Oswald's murder as one of the finest off-the-cuff "spot reports" in
history. It's right up there with Andrew West's live radio coverage of
Robert F. Kennedy's assassination in 1968. You can hear West's amazing
recording at the link below:

http://DVP-Potpourri.blogspot.com/2009/11/rfk-assassination.html

----------------------

RE: THE KBOX RE-CREATION......

Getting back to KRLD's Bob Huffaker again -- In May of 2006, I had a
few e-mail conversations with Mr. Huffaker regarding the events in
Dallas in November 1963, and the topic of the KBOX-Radio coverage came
up.

Bob told me at that time in 2006 that he was pretty certain that
virtually all of the famous (and seemingly-"live") audio footage from
KBOX on 11/22/63 was actually recorded in a studio sometime later that
day (or possibly a day or two after the assassination, I can't
remember which it was now).

Unfortunately, I no longer have access to those 2006 e-mails, due to a
crash of my computer's hard drive on January 31, 2007, which wiped out
my e-mail's filing cabinet (much to my dismay).

But I definitely recall Mr. Huffaker telling me that it was his belief
that most (or all) of the famous KBOX audio coverage by Sam Pate and
Ron Jenkins that we hear today was not put on the air live on November
22, 1963.

Via the website linked below, which contains a lot of information
about KBOX's history, it would seem as though KBOX did indeed
broadcast some bulletins live from Dealey Plaza and Stemmons Freeway
on 11/22/63, although Bob Huffaker seems to think otherwise, according
to the things he told me in 2006.

But even this KBOX webpage seems to be a little confused about what
was broadcast live and what was recorded in a studio at a later time:

http://www.knus99.com/kbox1480pt2.html

==============================

RELATED LINKS:

http://www.JFK-Assassination-As-It-Happened.blogspot.com

http://www.Box.net/static/flash/box_explorer.swf?widgetHash=7x7co2jkkg

==============================

aeffects

Feb 2, 2010, 2:29:51 PM2/2/10
hey shithead, the troll Francois made it on the Ed Forum -- the nutter-
troll shithead hasn't posted anything yet, we'll keep an eye on him
for you.....

btw...
NO advertising moron!

drummist1965

Feb 2, 2010, 2:57:38 PM2/2/10

Healy's talking to himself again.

aeffects

Feb 2, 2010, 3:04:42 PM2/2/10

yeppers.....

you TOO can have an Australia IP address for as little as $29.95....

http://www.hide-my-ip.com/hidemyip_google.shtml

get busy, you need one!

Gil Jesus

Feb 2, 2010, 3:12:56 PM2/2/10
On Feb 2, 3:04�pm, aeffects <aeffect...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Feb 2, 11:57�am, drummist1965 <elpdrum...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On Feb 2, 2:29�pm, aeffects <aeffect...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > hey shithead, the troll Francois made it on the Ed Forum -- the nutter-
> > > troll shithead hasn't posted anything yet, we'll keep an eye on him
> > > for you.....
>
> > > btw...
> > > NO advertising moron!
>
> > � � Healy's talking to himself again.

"I have caused you to sin ........I feel terrible about this.....and
it has taught me a lesson never to say something .......that would
cause another to become angry."

--------Steve Barber e-mail to Tom Rossley

AND YET HE STILL DOES IT.

aeffects

Feb 2, 2010, 3:20:58 PM2/2/10

obsessive-compulsive, it's in Babah's genes....
he even hears drums in his dreams.

can we make a song of that?

drummist1965

Feb 2, 2010, 3:30:03 PM2/2/10

You mean like you do, Gilly? You posted a thread this morning
directed at Chuck Schuyler, to incite anger, and it failed. You
received a very cordial response from Chuck, instead, didn't you?

tomnln

Feb 2, 2010, 4:47:21 PM2/2/10
Pillsbury Doughboy>>> http://whokilledjfk.net/law_suits.htm

"drummist1965" <elpdr...@gmail.com> wrote in message

tomnln

Feb 2, 2010, 4:48:30 PM2/2/10
Never a word from steve's Husband ! ! !

"aeffects" <aeffe...@gmail.com> wrote in message

tomnln

Feb 2, 2010, 4:53:32 PM2/2/10
BOTTOM POST;

"aeffects" <aeffe...@gmail.com> wrote in message

When steve's Husband Divorced him it took a Hell of a Toll ! ! !

SEE>>> http://whokilledjfk.net/law_suits.htm

tomnln

Feb 2, 2010, 4:54:01 PM2/2/10
SEE>>> http://whokilledjfk.net/law_suits.htm

"drummist1965" <elpdr...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Message has been deleted

David Von Pein

Feb 2, 2010, 5:04:58 PM2/2/10

Thanks to the conspiracy kooks, another good thread is sidetracked and
ruined.

Nice job, retards.

aeffects

Feb 2, 2010, 6:29:19 PM2/2/10

I doubt anyone here has a problem knocking your sorry assed EGO into
line, so suck-it-up shithead -- we've all had rejection notices.....
ROTFLMFAO!

Sam Brown

Feb 2, 2010, 10:59:45 PM2/2/10

"Gil Jesus" <gjj...@aol.com> wrote in message

Is trawling for teenagers a sin too Girly? You really are a hypocritical
piece of shit. KUTGW you're singlehandedly tarnishing all CTers with your
pathetic, meaningless little diatribes.

Sam Brown

Feb 2, 2010, 11:00:41 PM2/2/10

"David Von Pein" <davev...@aol.com> wrote in message

> Thanks to the conspiracy kooks, another good thread is sidetracked and
> ruined.
>
> Nice job, retards.

They're terrified of you David, they have the combined IQ of a gnat.

David Von Pein

Feb 2, 2010, 11:53:19 PM2/2/10

>>> "They're terrified of you David, they have the combined IQ of a gnat." <<<

That high, eh? It must have gone up recently.

Sam Brown

Feb 3, 2010, 12:02:34 AM2/3/10

> That high, eh? It must have gone up recently.

It's been a lovely day, I'm feeling generous ;-)

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

David Von Pein

Feb 3, 2010, 12:42:11 PM2/3/10

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.assassination.jfk/browse_thread/thread/647bb3c107072ec2/8fcf412877055f50?#8fcf412877055f50

MORE HILARITY FROM THE KEYBOARD OF ANTHONY MARSH:

ANTHONY MARSH THEN SAID:

>>> "Hey, watch it you conspiracy monger. You are not supposed to admit things like that. The WC defenders are supposed to claim that he barely got there in time, not milling around for a minute, jockeying his way to the front of the group to get a clear shot [at proverbial patsy Oswald]." <<<

DVP NOW SAYS (WHILE ONCE AGAIN TRYING TO CONTROL A WEAK BLADDER):

LOL. Tony thinks "approx. 25 to 45 seconds" equals NOT getting there
"barely in time".

In other words, Anthony Marsh thinks Jack Ruby entered the DPD
basement with gobs of time to spare before Oswald appeared.

Tony, you're an absolute howl! A howl, I tell ya!

aeffects

Feb 3, 2010, 1:26:31 PM2/3/10
On Feb 3, 9:42 am, David Von Pein <davevonp...@aol.com> wrote:
> http://groups.google.com/group/alt.assassination.jfk/browse_thread/th...

> MORE HILARITY FROM THE KEYBOARD OF ANTHONY MARSH:

> DVP NOW SAYS (WHILE ONCE AGAIN TRYING TO CONTROL A WEAK BLADDER):
>
> LOL. Tony thinks "approx. 25 to 45 seconds" equals NOT getting there
> "barely in time".
>
> In other words, Anthony Marsh thinks Jack Ruby entered the DPD
> basement with gobs of time to spare before Oswald appeared.
>
> Tony, you're an absolute howl! A howl, I tell ya!

ya gotta chill, David.... (aka Dave Reitzes, Steve Keating) grab some
coffee, sit at my feet and I'll fill you in as to how the WCR is a
lone nut wetdream.

aeffects

Feb 3, 2010, 1:28:35 PM2/3/10
On Feb 2, 9:02 pm, "Sam Brown" <samjbrow...@optusnet.com.au> wrote:

> > That high, eh? It must have gone up recently.
>
> It's been a lovely day, I'm feeling generous ;-)

muff diving, carpet munching in Fresno? Tell us about it troll! Is
there no end to your perversion. Did you ever get a writing gig, troll?

Sam Brown

Feb 3, 2010, 5:35:52 PM2/3/10

"aeffects" <aeffe...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Are you like Girly? Do you hate people of colour too? My, there are an awful
lot of dumbarsed fuckwits in the US of A apparently. No wonder the place has
disappeared down the crapper. Oh well, good riddance to bad rubbish. Ta ta
Junkie, go rinse out your wig theres a good kook.