Re: [boinc_alpha] New BOINC version 7.16.9 for Mac ready for testing

Charlie Fenton

Aug 20, 2020, 10:24:40 PM8/20/20
to boinc_alpha email list, boinc_dev email List
On Aug 20, 2020, at 3:51 AM, Georges Vinotte <g.vi...@laposte.net> wrote:
> When installing BM 7.16.9 on macOS 10.13 and 10.14, BM is not able to run Boinc Client if another language than English is selected…
> (tested with French, German and Italian setting)

I have confirmed this. I would appreciate it if someone who has the ability to build BOINC for Windows from GIT Master or the 7.16 branch could test this on Windows with the newest source files. This will help us figure out where the problem is.

Cheers,
--Charlie

> On Aug 20, 2020, at 3:51 AM, Georges Vinotte <g.vi...@laposte.net> wrote:
>
> Hi Team,
>
> When installing BM 7.16.9 on macOS 10.13 and 10.14, BM is not able to run Boinc Client if another language than English is selected…
> (tested with French, German and Italian setting)
>
> Cheers,
> Georges
>

>> Le 20 août 2020 à 11:22, Charlie Fenton <char...@ssl.berkeley.edu> a écrit :
>>
>> I've released BOINC 7.16.9 for alpha testing. This is a Macintosh-only release, and as usual is available from <https://boinc.berkeley.edu/download_all.php>. Please report test results to <https://boinc.berkeley.edu/alpha/test_form.php> or this email list.
>>
>> The main purpose of this release is to fix some issues with displaying graphics under the soon to be released MacOS 11 Big Sur.
>>
>> One of the issues under MacOS 11 is that, when you click the Manager's "Show graphics" button, the graphics app's close button is disabled. (This will be fixed in future builds of the graphics apps.)
>>
>> As a workaround, the "Show graphics" button now changes to "Stop graphics" while the graphics app is running, providing a convenient way to close it. (As before, you can also close it by doing a control-click on the graphic app's Dock icon and selecting "quit.")
>>
>> This release has a number of other bug fixes and added features since version 7.16.6, including:
>>
>> * Don't let user attach to account manager as a project
>> * Parse config.xml correctly for account managers
>> * Client: allow specifying device name in cc_config.xml
>> * Mac: Improved screensaver logic for OS 10.15 Catalina
>> * Client: correctly initialize log flags to tasks, sched_ops, file_xfer
>> * Manager: Added a warning when the manager detects a second copy of itself
>> * Update translation files
>> * Update project list
>> * Client: measure disk usage in terms of allocated disk space, not file size
>> * Client: avoid CPU starvation when GPU computing is suspended
>> * Client: don't show "no work" messages as notices
>> * Client: let a project master URL change from http: to https: without involving the user
>> * Client: if AM reply includes a project we're attached to under a different account, honor the params in the AM reply, e.g resource share
>> * Manager: change "Show graphics" button to "Stop graphics" when graphics running
>>
>> Cheers,
>> --Charlie

David P. Anderson

Aug 20, 2020, 11:21:53 PM8/20/20
to Charlie Fenton, boinc_alpha email list, boinc_dev email List
I'm not seeing the problem on master / Win10.
I set the language to French, started the Manager,
and it launched the client successfully.
-- D

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "boinc_dev" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/ssl.berkeley.edu/d/msgid/boinc_dev/D738FE3B-A8F1-4E82-8E59-CCCB8E7FA9F7%40ssl.berkeley.edu.

Richard Haselgrove

Aug 21, 2020, 11:40:01 AM8/21/20
to Charlie Fenton, boinc_alpha email list, boinc_dev email List
I have built v7.16.9 (properly, from the tag rather than from the branch), and can confirm that the 'delayed start when language other than English' bug is not present in the Windows build. As is only to be expected, now you've tracked it down to a Mac-specific library file. But I have the build running, and can use it to check other build features as needed.