Looking back: More than 10 years of posting on usenet newsgroups...

Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD

Aug 18, 2006, 3:22:43 AM8/18/06
http://groups.google.com/group/sci.med.cardiology/msg/270533810339c5db?

Here I stand steadfastly with the truth.

"I am the way, the truth, and the life..." -- LORD Jesus Christ.

With GOD, all things are possible (Matthew 19:26).

Amen !

Laus Deo !

Marana tha !

May GOD's peace be with you all, dear neighbors whom I love.

Prayerfully in Christ's amazing love,

Andrew <><
--
Andrew B. Chung
Cardiologist, Atlanta, Georgia, USA

www.pulpitfire.org

Aug 18, 2006, 6:52:55 AM8/18/06
On 18 Aug 2006 00:22:43 -0700,
in article <1155885763.2...@i42g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
"Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD" <nos...@heartmdphd.com> wrote:

>http://groups.google.com/group/sci.med.cardiology/msg/270533810339c5db?

Newbie.

>Here I stand steadfastly with the truth.

Pr 27:2 Let another man praise thee, and not thine own mouth; a
stranger, and not thine own lips.

Christ died for our sins, and God raised Him from the dead.
Rely on this finished work alone for salvation (1 Cor. 15:1-3;
Eph. 2:8-10).
• Daily devotionals
• Bible questions and answers
• Community forum
• Live chatting
• Free at www.pulpitfire.org

Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD

Aug 18, 2006, 7:08:17 AM8/18/06
www.pulpitfire.org wrote:
> Andrew wrote:
>
> >http://groups.google.com/group/sci.med.cardiology/msg/270533810339c5db?
>
> Newbie.

In truth, at the time, already with 10 years experience of posting on
BBSes.

Laus Deo !

> >Here I stand steadfastly with the truth.
>
> Pr 27:2 Let another man praise thee, and not thine own mouth; a
> stranger, and not thine own lips.

It is also written that praise from men (and women) is a snare. So
instead, I seek praise from GOD, Whom I love with all my heart, soul,
mind, and strength.

Your using the Bible as a sword against me is forgiven as far as I am
concerned.

Do you love me, Randy ?

It is wiser to have GOD's love in your heart instead so that all you do
will glorify HIM.

May GOD continue to heal your heart, dear brother Randy whom I love.

www.pulpitfire.org

Aug 18, 2006, 7:33:05 AM8/18/06
On 18 Aug 2006 04:08:17 -0700,
in article <1155899297.6...@m79g2000cwm.googlegroups.com>,

"Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD" <nos...@heartmdphd.com> wrote:

>Your using the Bible as a sword against me is forgiven as far as I am
>concerned.

Pr 9:8 Reprove not a scorner, lest he hate thee: rebuke a wise man,
and he will love thee.

>Do you love me, Randy ?

1Jo 3:18 My little children, let us not love in word, neither in
tongue; but in deed and in truth.

Re 3:19 As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous
therefore, and repent.

Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD

Aug 18, 2006, 7:40:52 AM8/18/06
www. pulpitfire. org wrote:

> Andrew wrote:
>
> >Your using the Bible as a sword against me is forgiven as far as I am
> >concerned.
>
> Pr 9:8 Reprove not a scorner, lest he hate thee: rebuke a wise man,
> and he will love thee.

And so I love you and forgive you.

> >Do you love me, Randy ?
>
> 1Jo 3:18 My little children, let us not love in word, neither in
> tongue; but in deed and in truth.

Are you praying for me, Randy ?

> Re 3:19 As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous
> therefore, and repent.

Do you feel GOD's hand on your life since I have been praying for you ?

www.pulpitfire.org

Aug 18, 2006, 8:39:41 AM8/18/06
On 18 Aug 2006 04:40:52 -0700,
in article <1155901252....@i42g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,

"Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD" <nos...@heartmdphd.com> wrote:

>Are you praying for me, Randy ?

Mt. 6:5 And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites
are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the
corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say
unto you, They have their reward.

The corner is a place where people traffic. The newsgroups are a
corner. Therefore, I do not wish to advertise my prayer life on a
corner.

>Do you feel GOD's hand on your life since I have been praying for you ?

You discern God's hand through Scripture, not feelings. God has made
me aware of His answer to believer's prayers throughout my life.

>May GOD continue to heal your heart,

2Co 5:17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old
things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

Christ has not failed create a new heart in those who rely on Him for
salvation. The correct diagnosis _remains_ "normal coronary
arteries", not "non-occlusive coronary disease". Don't be surprised
if God fires you again.

1Co 4:5 Therefore judge nothing before the time, until the Lord come,
who both will bring to light the hidden things of darkness, and will
make manifest the counsels of the hearts: and then shall every man
have praise of God.

Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD

Aug 18, 2006, 9:35:31 AM8/18/06
www.pulpitfire.org wrote:

> Andrew wrote:
>
> >Are you praying for me, Randy ?
>
> Mt. 6:5 And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites
> are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the
> corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say
> unto you, They have their reward.

In truth, this is not a commandment to not answer questions concerning
prayer.

Indeed, LORD Jesus Christ answered HIS disciples when they asked HIM
publicly how they should pray.

Again, are you praying for me, Randy ?

> The corner is a place where people traffic. The newsgroups are a
> corner.

Untrue.

No one is seen in a newsgroup though what one writes may be read aloud.

The Apostle Paul often wrote letters knowing full well that they would
be read aloud.

> Therefore, I do not wish to advertise my prayer life on a
> corner.

In truth, answering with a simple yes or no as our LORD instructs to a
direct question is not advertisement.

Again, are you praying for me, Randy ?

If you choose not to answer, all will know the answer is No.

> >Do you feel GOD's hand on your life since I have been praying for you ?
>
> You discern God's hand through Scripture, not feelings.

Where is this written ?

> God has made
> me aware of His answer to believer's prayers throughout my life.

Again, do you feel GOD's hand on your life since I have been praying
for you ?

> >May GOD continue to heal your heart,

> 2Co 5:17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old
> things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

Yes. That has been my experience.

It remains my choice to die to self everyday so that HE will make me
HIS new creature everyday.

> Christ has not failed create a new heart in those who rely on Him for
> salvation.

Any failure is ours not HIS.

> The correct diagnosis _remains_ "normal coronary
> arteries", not "non-occlusive coronary disease".

Depends on the patient.

Bottomline: You are untruthful.

Again, your bearing false witness against me is forgiven as far as I am
concerned.

Therefore, the answer to my question "Do you love me?" is NO in deed
and in truth.

Therefore, the answer to my question "Are you praying for me?" is NO
because it is not possible to pray in Christ Jesus' name without GOD's
love in your heart.

That's OK, I still love you because with GOD's love in my heart I have
an ever-renewing supply to share with everyone including those who hate
me.

> Don't be surprised if God fires you again.

HIS will not my will.

> 1Co 4:5 Therefore judge nothing before the time, until the Lord come,
> who both will bring to light the hidden things of darkness, and will
> make manifest the counsels of the hearts: and then shall every man
> have praise of God.

Amen !

Laus Deo !

Marana tha !

And, so it remains my **personal** choice to continue to refrain from
judging others per the kind and helpful suggestion of LORD Jesus Christ
(Matthew 7:1-2).

As it is written, they will know HIS brethren by the love we have for
everyone including our enemies.

May GOD continue to heal your heart, dear neighbor Randy whom I love.

Werner -the Christian Agnostic- Kurator

Aug 18, 2006, 11:14:15 AM8/18/06
Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD
in <1155885763.2...@i42g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>
on 2006-08-18 announced this statement:

The question that comes to my mind Andrew, how many (if AT
ALL any) people have been lead to Christ through your activity here,
and how many have seen you as another Christian who harms the
cause of Christ more than the atheists. I'm not talking about
people who *were* already Christians, but I mean folks who were
so impressed by what you did, that they decided to turn their
lives over to God and let his Christ be part of their daily
lives. I know that it would be hard for me to be impressed by
your behavior and *claims* you made in the years since I'm
*reading* your posts.

> "I am the way, the truth, and the life..." -- LORD Jesus Christ.

Yeah but you *ain't* no Jesus, let this be clear Andrew.

> With GOD, all things are possible (Matthew 19:26).

Possible, but some things aren't done by him as I have found
out.

> Amen !
>
> Laus Deo !
>
> Marana tha !
>
> May GOD's peace be with you all, dear neighbors whom I love.
>
> Prayerfully in Christ's amazing love,
>
> Andrew <><
> --
> Andrew B. Chung
> Cardiologist, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
> http://HeartMDPhD.com/HolySpirit

It remains my choice to point out to you that the above is still
spam, and not a *working* Signature that can be cut off by my
properly configured news-reader.

Werner Kurator
"Like all translations of the Bible, made as they are by
imperfect man, this one falls short of it goal. Yet we are
grateful to God for the extend to which he has enabled us to
realize these goals and for the strength he has given us and our
colleagues to complete our task"

Preface to the "New International Version" of the Bible

August 1983......

"In fact, many professing agnostics are nearer belief in
the true God then are many conventional church-goers who
believe in a bogey that does not exist whom they miscall God."

Leslie D. Weatherhead; Preface to his "The Christian Agnostic"
I say, if your knees aren't green by the end of the day, you ought to
seriously re-examine your life. -- Calvin

Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD

Aug 18, 2006, 4:26:44 PM8/18/06
Werner -the Christian Agnostic- Kurator wrote:

> Andrew wrote:
> >
> > Here I stand steadfastly with the truth.
>
> The question that comes to my mind Andrew, how many (if AT
> ALL any) people have been lead to Christ through your activity here,
> and how many have seen you as another Christian who harms the
> cause of Christ more than the atheists.

In truth, no one leads another to Christ just as sheep don't lead other
sheep to the Shepherd.

Instead, we serve as uncovered brightly lit lamps that our LORD has set
on hills to light the way for others that belong to HIM. Those who
belong to HIM know HIS voice. It is written that HE will not lose any
that belong to HIM so your question is meaningless.

May GOD continue to heal your heart, dear neighbor Werner.

Kurt Gavin

Aug 18, 2006, 4:31:17 PM8/18/06

"Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD" <nos...@heartmdphd.com> wrote in message

It your mythology were true, there would be proof of it.

We know jesus never healed anybody, or raised anybody who was actually dead.

If he had, the news would have spread to the Jewish and Roman authorities,
and the last thing anybody would do is kill someone capable of working
miracles for them and their loved ones - then or now.

Both authorities had good informant networks to keep an eye on the people.
The gullible may have been taken in by third rate magic acts, but critical
spies? No.

Imagine how Pilate's stature would have risen with Caesar if he had sent to
Rome a man ACTUALLY capable of miracle healings and raising the dead.
Imagine the influence that a REAL Messiah would have gained by a
relationship with the most powerful man in the world.

The Romans were very superstitious and tolerant of other peoples' religions.
Not only would they be willing to give a miracle performer a chance to prove
himself, but they would be reluctant to incur the wrath of any god(s) who
empowered such a person.

No Andrew, it is a cult that happened to get a foothold, and then was forced
upon people by Caesar Constantine 300 years later, as a political ploy in
response to the political problems of his time.

Yes Andrew, you are an extreme dupe, among many dupes.

But all these arguments about what happened 2000 years ago could be made
irrelevant if there were proof that your jesus/god exists now.

Why don't you just have him/her/it appear and prove its powers?

Why can't you do that?

www.pulpitfire.org

Aug 18, 2006, 5:10:56 PM8/18/06
On 18 Aug 2006 13:26:44 -0700,
in article <1155932804.8...@75g2000cwc.googlegroups.com>,
"Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD" <lo...@heartmdphd.com> wrote:

>In truth,

(An indication he is about to fabricate a lie)...

>no one leads another to Christ just as sheep don't lead other
>sheep to the Shepherd.

John 1
40 One of the two which heard John speak, and followed him, was
Andrew, Simon Peter’s brother.
41 He first findeth his own brother Simon, and saith unto him, We
have found the Messias, which is, being interpreted, the Christ.
42 And he brought him to Jesus.

For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of
yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man
should boast. (Ephesians 2:8-9).

• Free at www.pulpitfire.org

Chief

Aug 18, 2006, 5:17:59 PM8/18/06
"Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD" <lo...@heartmdphd.com> wrote in

Andrew, The lamp that lights the way is lit with deeds not words.

Try lighting your lamp and quit annoying folks.

I don't remember Christ being a pest or going out of his way to preach to
folks who didn't want to listen. I thought you folks were supposed to
walk the walk and not just talk the talk. This 'Johnny come lately' view
of in your face religion being practiced widely in America today seems to
have more incommon with the Islamic terrorists and pro wrestling than
with Christ.

What's sad is that you won't listen or much less agree.

--
"Introspection doesn't mean sticking your head up your ass."
---- Chief

Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD

Aug 18, 2006, 5:33:17 PM8/18/06
www.pulpitfire.org wrote:
> On 18 Aug 2006 13:26:44 -0700,
> in article <1155932804.8...@75g2000cwc.googlegroups.com>,
> "Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD" <lo...@heartmdphd.com> wrote:
>
> >In truth,
>
> (An indication he is about to fabricate a lie)...

(Your bearing false witness against me is forgiven as far as I am
concerned).

> >no one leads another to Christ just as sheep don't lead other
> >sheep to the Shepherd.
>
> John 1
> 40 One of the two which heard John speak, and followed him, was
> Andrew, Simon Peter's brother.
> 41 He first findeth his own brother Simon, and saith unto him, We
> have found the Messias, which is, being interpreted, the Christ.
> 42 And he brought him to Jesus.

Simon Peter did not follow Andrew to the Messiah.

In other words, Andrew did not lead Simon to Christ Jesus.

Instead, Simon asked Andrew to take him to Jesus.

Complying with Simon's request, Andrew brought him to Jesus.

This understanding comes from the Holy Spirit.

Laus Deo !

Bottomline: The hate in your heart keeps you from receiving the counsel
of the Holy Spirit Who helps us to fully understand Scripture.

May GOD heal your heart someday, dear neighbor Randy whom I love
despite the your hatred of me.

Prayerfully in Christ's amazing love,

Andrew <><
--
Andrew B. Chung
Cardiologist, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
http://HeartMDPhD.com/HolySpirit

> +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD

Aug 18, 2006, 5:33:11 PM8/18/06
Chief wrote:
> "Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD" <lo...@heartmdphd.com> wrote in
>
> > Werner -the Christian Agnostic- Kurator wrote:

> >> The question that comes to my mind Andrew, how many (if AT
> >> ALL any) people have been lead to Christ through your activity here,
> >> and how many have seen you as another Christian who harms the
> >> cause of Christ more than the atheists.
> >
> > In truth, no one leads another to Christ just as sheep don't lead other
> > sheep to the Shepherd.
> >
> > Instead, we serve as uncovered brightly lit lamps that our LORD has set
> > on hills to light the way for others that belong to HIM. Those who
> > belong to HIM know HIS voice. It is written that HE will not lose any
> > that belong to HIM so your question is meaningless.
> >
> > May GOD continue to heal your heart, dear neighbor Werner.
> >
> > Prayerfully in Christ's amazing love,
> >
> > Andrew <><
> > --
> > Andrew B. Chung
> > Cardiologist, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
> > http://HeartMDPhD.com/HolySpirit
> >

> Andrew, The lamp that lights the way is lit with deeds not words.

Such is prayer in Christ Jesus' name.

Without GOD's love in our hearts, such prayers are not possible.

May GOD heal your heart, dear neighbor whom I love.

Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD

Aug 18, 2006, 5:33:26 PM8/18/06
Kurt Gavin wrote:

> Andrew wrote:
> >
> > Here I stand steadfastly with the truth.
>
> It your mythology were true, there would be proof of it.
>
> We know jesus never healed anybody, or raised anybody who was actually dead.

No you don't.

Only those who were there in person or, in the Holy Spirit, know.

> If he had, the news would have spread to the Jewish and Roman authorities

It did.

> ,
> and the last thing anybody would do is kill someone capable of working
> miracles for them and their loved ones - then or now.

Indeed, they were reluctant to kill HIM until they realized that they
could not control HIM:

King Herod wanted a miracle from Christ Jesus but did not receive one
even though the King had the authority to overrule the pharisees.

Pontius Pilate also asked Christ Jesus to give a demonstration of HIS
powers but did not receive one even after scourging HIM.

> Both authorities had good informant networks to keep an eye on the people.
> The gullible may have been taken in by third rate magic acts, but critical
> spies? No.
>
> Imagine how Pilate's stature would have risen with Caesar if he had sent to
> Rome a man ACTUALLY capable of miracle healings and raising the dead.

Imagine how fearful Governor Pilate was that Christ Jesus would have
been as uncooperative toward Caesar as HE had been toward King Herod.

> Imagine the influence that a REAL Messiah would have gained by a
> relationship with the most powerful man in the world.

Imagine what little need the most powerful Man in the universe has for

the most powerful man in the world.

> The Romans were very superstitious and tolerant of other peoples' religions.
> Not only would they be willing to give a miracle performer a chance to prove
> himself, but they would be reluctant to incur the wrath of any god(s) who
> empowered such a person.

LORD Jesus Christ is infinitely more that a miracle performer. Indeed,
HIS stated purpose here on earth was to do the will of GOD the Father.

> No Andrew, it is a cult that happened to get a foothold, and then was forced
> upon people by Caesar Constantine 300 years later, as a political ploy in
> response to the political problems of his time.

Nothing happens by chance (Proverbs 16:33).

> Yes Andrew, you are an extreme dupe, among many dupes.

Name-calling simply shows how lost you are.

> But all these arguments about what happened 2000 years ago could be made
> irrelevant if there were proof that your jesus/god exists now.

There is.

> Why don't you just have him/her/it appear and prove its powers?

HE already has. The event is archived in Google.

To find it, simply surf the link below my sig.

> Why can't you do that?

HE has made me able through prayer.

And, so it has been done.

Again, to find proof simply surf the link below my sig.

May GOD keep healing you heart, dear neighbor Kurt whom I love.

www.pulpitfire.org

Aug 18, 2006, 5:37:06 PM8/18/06
On 18 Aug 2006 14:33:17 -0700,
in article <1155936797.2...@h48g2000cwc.googlegroups.com>,

"Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD" <lo...@heartmdphd.com> wrote:

>> John 1
>> 40 One of the two which heard John speak, and followed him, was
>> Andrew, Simon Peter's brother.
>> 41 He first findeth his own brother Simon, and saith unto him, We
>> have found the Messias, which is, being interpreted, the Christ.
>> 42 And he brought him to Jesus.
>
>Simon Peter did not follow Andrew to the Messiah.
>
>In other words, Andrew did not lead Simon to Christ Jesus.
>
>Instead, Simon asked Andrew to take him to Jesus.

>Complying with Simon's request, Andrew brought him to Jesus.

What are you talking about? It says "Andrew" found "Simon", and
"brought him to Jesus". Where do you see Simon asking Andrew to bring
him to Jesus?

>This understanding comes from the Holy Spirit.

You wish...

And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the
judgment: (Hebrews 9:27)

• Free at www.pulpitfire.org

Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD

Aug 18, 2006, 5:53:52 PM8/18/06
www. pulpitfire. org wrote:

> Andrew wrote:
>
> >> John 1
> >> 40 One of the two which heard John speak, and followed him, was
> >> Andrew, Simon Peter's brother.
> >> 41 He first findeth his own brother Simon, and saith unto him, We
> >> have found the Messias, which is, being interpreted, the Christ.
> >> 42 And he brought him to Jesus.
> >
> >Simon Peter did not follow Andrew to the Messiah.
> >
> >In other words, Andrew did not lead Simon to Christ Jesus.
> >
> >Instead, Simon asked Andrew to take him to Jesus.
>
> >Complying with Simon's request, Andrew brought him to Jesus.
>
> What are you talking about?

The truth.

> It says "Andrew" found "Simon"

And, it is written that when Andrew found Simon, he was informed about
the Messiah.

> , and
> "brought him to Jesus".

After, Simon asked to be taken to Jesus.

> Where do you see Simon asking Andrew to bring
> him to Jesus?

In the Holy Spirit, I know that Andrew would not have brought Simon to
Jesus if his brother did not ask to be brought to the Messiah. Between
Andrew and Simon, it is Simon Peter who is the leader. This is clear
in the Scriptures.

> >This understanding comes from the Holy Spirit.
>
> You wish...

Most assuredly without a doubt, in the Holy Spirit, I know.

My name being Andrew did not happen by chance (Proverbs 16:33).

Think about it and accept this sign from HIM.

Your doubting the Holy Spirit is forgiven as far as I am concerned.

May GOD heal your heart someday soon, dear neighbor Randy whom I love.

Chief

Aug 18, 2006, 6:35:51 PM8/18/06

Try lighting your lamp and quit annoying folks.

Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD

Aug 18, 2006, 6:53:51 PM8/18/06
Chief wrote:
> Andrew wrote:
> > Chief wrote:

In truth, the light is GOD's love emanating forth from the hearts of
Christ Jesus' brethren.

You know us by the love we have for everyone including our enemies.

Prayer in Christ Jesus's name on behalf of others is impossible without
love for others.

> Try lighting your lamp

In truth, GOD's love remains in my heart.

> and quit annoying folks.

It is written that lit lamps should not be covered.

> I don't remember Christ being a pest

HE was not popular among the Pharisees.

> or going out of his way to preach to
> folks who didn't want to listen.

In truth, I have not been preaching.

> I thought you folks were supposed to
> walk the walk and not just talk the talk.

It seems you are blind.

> This 'Johnny come lately' view
> of in your face religion being practiced widely in America today seems to
> have more incommon with the Islamic terrorists and pro wrestling than
> with Christ.

You remind me of the blind man who would feign vision among the seeing.

> What's sad is that you won't listen or much less agree.

It remains my choice to stick with the truth, Whom I love with all my

heart, soul, mind, and strength.

"I am the way, the truth, and the life..." -- LORD Jesus Christ.

May GOD continue to heal your heart, dear neighbor whom I love.

www.pulpitfire.org

Aug 18, 2006, 6:54:59 PM8/18/06
On 18 Aug 2006 14:53:52 -0700,
in article <1155938032.1...@m73g2000cwd.googlegroups.com>,

"Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD" <lo...@heartmdphd.com> wrote:

>> Where do you see Simon asking Andrew to bring
>> him to Jesus?
>
>In the Holy Spirit, I know that Andrew would not have brought Simon to
>Jesus if his brother did not ask to be brought to the Messiah. Between
>Andrew and Simon, it is Simon Peter who is the leader. This is clear
>in the Scriptures.

You are full of crap. You make up what you think happened, then claim
the Spirit guided you, even though it is not taught in the passage.
You've been caught in yet another misrepresentation of Bible doctrine,
both in claiming no one leads people to Christ, and in imagining what
you think happened in the passage that proves people do. You are too
arrogant and dishonest to carry on a conversation with.

Uncle Vic

Aug 18, 2006, 8:02:06 PM8/18/06
Once upon a time in alt.atheism, dear sweet Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD
(lo...@heartmdphd.com) made the light shine upon us with this:

> Kurt Gavin wrote:
>> Andrew wrote:
>> >
>> > Here I stand steadfastly with the truth.
>>
>> It your mythology were true, there would be proof of it.
>>
>> We know jesus never healed anybody, or raised anybody who was
>> actually dead.
>
> No you don't.
>
> Only those who were there in person or, in the Holy Spirit, know.

Or brainwashed. You left that out.

>> If he had, the news would have spread to the Jewish and Roman
>> authorities
>
> It did.

Not to the real ones. Just the ones in the story. PROOF: There is no
historical account of the Massacre of the Innocents. Not even from
Josephus, who chronicled the life of King Herod the Great in detail.

>> ,
>> and the last thing anybody would do is kill someone capable of
>> working miracles for them and their loved ones - then or now.
>
> Indeed, they were reluctant to kill HIM until they realized that they
> could not control HIM:
>
> King Herod wanted a miracle from Christ Jesus but did not receive one
> even though the King had the authority to overrule the pharisees.

And what if Herod (the younger one this time) was able to get "jesus" to
perform a miracle? He overrules the pharisees, and Jeebus lives to a
ripe old age of 56 where he dies of pneumonia. Judaism becomes the
predominant religion of the area, and because of this, paganism and other
world religions thrive today because there are no Christians to burn
those heretics at the stake.

> Pontius Pilate also asked Christ Jesus to give a demonstration of HIS
> powers but did not receive one even after scourging HIM.

See above. If not for the events described in the bible, there would be
no religion called Christianity. The writers of the bible had to include
these events, or forget it.

>> Both authorities had good informant networks to keep an eye on the
>> people. The gullible may have been taken in by third rate magic acts,
>> but critical spies? No.
>>
>> Imagine how Pilate's stature would have risen with Caesar if he had
>> sent to Rome a man ACTUALLY capable of miracle healings and raising
>> the dead.
>
> Imagine how fearful Governor Pilate was that Christ Jesus would have
> been as uncooperative toward Caesar as HE had been toward King Herod.
>
>> Imagine the influence that a REAL Messiah would have gained by a
>> relationship with the most powerful man in the world.
>
> Imagine what little need the most powerful Man in the universe has for
> the most powerful man in the world.

There sure is a lot of imagining going on here.

>> The Romans were very superstitious and tolerant of other peoples'
>> religions. Not only would they be willing to give a miracle performer
>> a chance to prove himself, but they would be reluctant to incur the
>> wrath of any god(s) who empowered such a person.
>
> LORD Jesus Christ is infinitely more that a miracle performer.
> Indeed, HIS stated purpose here on earth was to do the will of GOD the
> Father.

Without proof any of your god characters exist, your statements are
meaningless.

http://www.mapquest.com

>> But all these arguments about what happened 2000 years ago could be
>> made irrelevant if there were proof that your jesus/god exists now.
>
> There is.
>
>> Why don't you just have him/her/it appear and prove its powers?
>
> HE already has. The event is archived in Google.
>
> To find it, simply surf the link below my sig.

Proof of god is there? I couldn't find it. Please post the link.

--
Uncle Vic
aa Atheist #2011

Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD

Aug 18, 2006, 8:17:31 PM8/18/06
www.pulpitfire.org wrote:
> On 18 Aug 2006 14:53:52 -0700,
> in article <1155938032.1...@m73g2000cwd.googlegroups.com>,
> "Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD" <lo...@heartmdphd.com> wrote:
>
> >> Where do you see Simon asking Andrew to bring
> >> him to Jesus?
> >
> >In the Holy Spirit, I know that Andrew would not have brought Simon to
> >Jesus if his brother did not ask to be brought to the Messiah. Between
> >Andrew and Simon, it is Simon Peter who is the leader. This is clear
> >in the Scriptures.
>
> You are full of crap.

Though you are forgiven as far as I am concerned...

... you again blaspheme the Holy Spirit Who guides me.

May GOD change HIS mind and forgive you anyway because you don't know
what you are doing, dear neighbor Randy whom I love.

Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD

Aug 18, 2006, 9:14:21 PM8/18/06
Uncle Vic wrote:

> Andrew wrote:
> > Kurt Gavin wrote:

> >> It your mythology were true, there would be proof of it.
> >>
> >> We know jesus never healed anybody, or raised anybody who was
> >> actually dead.
> >
> > No you don't.
> >
> > Only those who were there in person or, in the Holy Spirit, know.
>
> Or brainwashed. You left that out.

In truth, the brainwashed know even less.

> >> If he had, the news would have spread to the Jewish and Roman
> >> authorities
> >
> > It did.
>
> Not to the real ones.

There were no fake Jewish and Roman authorities.

> Just the ones in the story. PROOF: There is no
> historical account of the Massacre of the Innocents. Not even from
> Josephus, who chronicled the life of King Herod the Great in detail.

Some have attempted to erase all historical accounts of the Holocaust.

If the Shiites were to conquer the world they would no doubt destroy
all the authoritative historical accounts of the Holocaust.

This would not mean the Holocaust never happened.

If a book were to emerge as the only one surviving the purging of the
Shiites, it would be the only one containing an account of the
Holocaust **and** it would be the only book that is true.

The Holy Bible is just such a book that has survived unscathed by the
political turmoil and unrest that has torn up other historical texts
over the past 2000 years because of GOD's protection. Laus Deo ! !

May GOD continue to heal you heart, dear neighbor Vic whom I love.

www.pulpitfire.org

Aug 18, 2006, 9:47:54 PM8/18/06
On 18 Aug 2006 17:17:31 -0700,
in article <1155946651.8...@75g2000cwc.googlegroups.com>,

"Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD" <lov...@heartmdphd.com> wrote:

>... you again blaspheme the Holy Spirit Who guides me.

Without the Lord, your fantasies mean nothing (Ecclesiastes).

You blaspheme the Holy Ghost, by making up ideas in your own head,
then claiming the Holy Spirit guided you to them, when they contradict
the plainest statements of Scripture. The passage in John says
NOTHING about Peter asking to be taken to Christ. It says Andrew
informed him about Christ, then brought him to Him. You then made up
the idea that this wasn't really Andrew bringing Peter to Christ, but
only Andrew doing what Peter asked him to, when there is absolutely
NOTHING in the text which says or necessitates it, and when it
contradicts the plain wording of the simple text. Then, you try to
authenticate your own imagination by claiming the Holy Spirit is the
one who guided you to this understanding. Again, you are full of
crap, and you are the one who is blaspheming the Holy Ghost, by
attributing your imaginations to Him, in your attempt to authenticate
your bull-crap.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><
Sirs, what must I do to be saved? And they said, Believe on
the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy
house. (Acts 16:31)

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><
Christ died for our sins, and God raised Him from the dead.
Rely on this finished work alone for salvation (1 Cor. 15:1-3;
Eph. 2:8-10).
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><

Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD

Aug 19, 2006, 12:14:35 AM8/19/06
www.pulpitfire.org wrote:

> Andrew wrote:
>
> >... you again blaspheme the Holy Spirit Who guides me.
>
> Without the Lord, your fantasies mean nothing (Ecclesiastes).

In truth, my fantasy would be that you stop sinning and instead
exercise your free will to choose to place your faith in LORD Jesus
Christ thereby receiving GOD's love into your heart so that you would
be reborn of living water and the Holy Spirit.

Because it remains my choice to continue walking with Christ Jesus, (ie
with the LORD), this fantasy is very meaningful (Ecclesiastes).

May GOD continue to heal your heart, dear brother Randy whom I love.

Uncle Vic

Aug 19, 2006, 1:11:46 AM8/19/06
Once upon a time in alt.atheism, dear sweet Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD
(lov...@heartmdphd.com) made the light shine upon us with this:

> Some have attempted to erase all historical accounts of the Holocaust.
>

> If the Shiites were to conquer the world they would no doubt destroy
> all the authoritative historical accounts of the Holocaust.
>
> This would not mean the Holocaust never happened.
>
> If a book were to emerge as the only one surviving the purging of the
> Shiites, it would be the only one containing an account of the
> Holocaust **and** it would be the only book that is true.
>
> The Holy Bible is just such a book that has survived unscathed by the
> political turmoil and unrest that has torn up other historical texts
> over the past 2000 years because of GOD's protection. Laus Deo ! !

What you just said makes sense. Except for one little problem.

The bible contains stories that cannot be true. Magical miracles and
dead people coming back to life. These things do not happen in real
life. A book about the Holocaust contains things that can happen in real
life, because they did, and can happen again. No man dead for three days
has come back to life since the time frame described in the bible. Not
one. There have been no visits from gods, no angels coming down from the
sky, no miracles that cannot be explained by other means. Only stories
in a book about things that, like you said, may or may not have happened.

"God" did not protect the bible over all that time. *People* did.

Chris

Aug 19, 2006, 2:30:25 AM8/19/06

I'm sorry Andrew, I looked this passage up in the Bible and it does say
that Andrew brought Simon Peter to Jesus. We cannot change the words
of scripture (even if you say the Holy Spirit gave you different
information about it) because I read at the end of the Bible in
Revelations 22:19 this:

"And if anyone adds anything to this book of prophecy, God will take
away from him his share in the tree of life and in the holy city, which
are described in this book."

I'm very disappointed in you, however I still love you and you are in
my prayers.

Blessings to you always, Chris

Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD

Aug 19, 2006, 2:57:16 AM8/19/06

Correct. This is not the same as saying either Andrew led Simon Peter
to Jesus **or** that Simon Peter followed Andrew to Jesus.

> We cannot change the words
> of scripture (even if you say the Holy Spirit gave you different
> information about it) because I read at the end of the Bible in
> Revelations 22:19 this:
>
> "And if anyone adds anything to this book of prophecy, God will take
> away from him his share in the tree of life and in the holy city, which
> are described in this book."

This book would be the book of Revelation and not the book of John.
However, no words are being changed in the book of John, anyway. Nor
is anything being added. Again, the Holy Spirit has given me the
understanding that Simon Peter upon hearing from Andrew that Jesus was
possibly the Messiah was eager to meet Jesus and that this
understanding is consistent with the word choice of "brought" as it is
written.

If the word choice were "led" instead of "brought" then I would have
agreed with Randy that the Bible indicated that Simon Peter followed
Andrew's lead to Jesus.

> I'm very disappointed in you, however I still love you and you are in
> my prayers.

I am sorry to disappoint you. Please forgive all my iniquities.

In truth, your disappointment is a blessing because compliments are
snares as it is written in Proverbs.

May our LORD's peace be with you, dear brother Christ whom I love.

Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD

Aug 19, 2006, 2:57:20 AM8/19/06
Uncle Vic wrote:
> Andrew wrote:
>
> > Some have attempted to erase all historical accounts of the Holocaust.
> >
> > If the Shiites were to conquer the world they would no doubt destroy
> > all the authoritative historical accounts of the Holocaust.
> >
> > This would not mean the Holocaust never happened.
> >
> > If a book were to emerge as the only one surviving the purging of the
> > Shiites, it would be the only one containing an account of the
> > Holocaust **and** it would be the only book that is true.
> >
> > The Holy Bible is just such a book that has survived unscathed by the
> > political turmoil and unrest that has torn up other historical texts
> > over the past 2000 years because of GOD's protection. Laus Deo ! !
>
> What you just said makes sense. Except for one little problem.
>
> The bible contains stories that cannot be true.

Incorrect.

Just because you believe they cannot be true does not mean that they
are indeed untrue.

> Magical miracles and
> dead people coming back to life.

There are folks that don't believe the U.S. had astronauts walking on
the moon. Instead, they believe that the whole thing was staged.

> These things do not happen in real life.

Just because you have not witnessed it firsthand personally does not
mean they do not happen in real life.

Your collection of firsthand experiences is very limited.

> A book about the Holocaust contains things that can happen in real
> life, because they did, and can happen again.

And yet there are Holocaust deniers.

> No man dead for three days
> has come back to life since the time frame described in the bible.

That would be your belief.

> Not one.

In truth, you don't know.

> There have been no visits from gods, no angels coming down from the
> sky, no miracles that cannot be explained by other means. Only stories
> in a book about things that, like you said, may or may not have happened.

Most assuredly there is no doubt in my mind that the Bible is truthful.

> "God" did not protect the bible over all that time. *People* did.

All things that people do is through the infinite will of GOD.

All thoughts that people have whether carried out or not is through
each their respective free wills.

http://groups.google.com/group/sci.med.cardiology/msg/616daab58ee7fbb1?

May GOD continue to heal your heart, dear neighbor Vic whom I love.

panam...@hotmail.com

Aug 19, 2006, 5:41:00 AM8/19/06

Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD wrote:
> Uncle Vic wrote:
> > Andrew wrote:
> >
> > > Some have attempted to erase all historical accounts of the Holocaust.
> > >
> > > If the Shiites were to conquer the world they would no doubt destroy
> > > all the authoritative historical accounts of the Holocaust.
> > >
> > > This would not mean the Holocaust never happened.
> > >
> > > If a book were to emerge as the only one surviving the purging of the
> > > Shiites, it would be the only one containing an account of the
> > > Holocaust **and** it would be the only book that is true.
> > >
> > > The Holy Bible is just such a book that has survived unscathed by the
> > > political turmoil and unrest that has torn up other historical texts
> > > over the past 2000 years because of GOD's protection. Laus Deo ! !
> >
> > What you just said makes sense. Except for one little problem.
> >
> > The bible contains stories that cannot be true.
>
> Incorrect.
>
> Just because you believe they cannot be true does not mean that they
> are indeed untrue.
>
> > Magical miracles and
> > dead people coming back to life.
>
> There are folks that don't believe the U.S. had astronauts walking on
> the moon. Instead, they believe that the whole thing was staged.

Well, there goes another ironymeter. My neighbors are gonna wonder what
on earth I'm doing with all the explosions in the closet..

-Panama Floyd, Atl.
aa#2015, Member Knights of BAAWA!
EAC Martian Commander
"..the prayer cloth of one aeon is the doormat of the next."
-Mark Twain

Religious societies are *less* moral than secular ones:
http://moses.creighton.edu/JRS/2005/2005-11.html

www.pulpitfire.org

Aug 19, 2006, 6:14:51 AM8/19/06
On 18 Aug 2006 21:14:35 -0700,
in article <1155960875.0...@m79g2000cwm.googlegroups.com>,

"Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD" <nos...@heartmdphd.com> wrote:

>In truth, my fantasy would be that you stop sinning and instead
>exercise your free will to choose to place your faith in LORD Jesus
>Christ thereby receiving GOD's love into your heart so that you would
>be reborn of living water and the Holy Spirit.

There are many clear proofs that salvation is the result of God's
will, and not man's.

1) People who trust Christ are "born".

John 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to
become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
John 1:13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the
flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

No one makes a decision to be born physically, and no one makes a
"free will" decision to be born spiritually.

2) People who trust Christ are born not "of the will of man".

How much plainer can it be? The Bible says that those who receive and
believe on Christ are "not" born "of the will of man". This is the
exact opposite of the idea that man is born as a result of his own
"free will".

Again,

Romans 9

15 For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have
mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.
16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth,
but of God that sheweth mercy.
17 For the scripture saith unto Pharaoh, Even for this same purpose
have I raised thee up, that I might shew my power in thee, and that my
name might be declared throughout all the earth.
18 Therefore hath he mercy on whom he will have mercy, and whom he
will he hardeneth.

3) People who trust Christ are born of the will of "God". While man
is "not" the one who "wills" to be born, he is born of the will "of
God". This is clearly taught both in John 1:13 as well as Romans 9.
Salvation is "not" of man who wills, but of God who shows mercy.

4) Salvation is based on God's choice

Romans 9
10 And not only this; but when Rebecca also had conceived by one,
even by our father Isaac;
11 (For the children being not yet born, neither having done any good
or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand,
not of works, but of him that calleth;)
12 It was said unto her, The elder shall serve the younger.
13 As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated.

God deliberately chooses one and not another, "that the purpose of God
according to election might stand, not of works, but of him that
calleth". To claim that man is the one who decides whether or not he
gets saved, is to deny these plain statements of Scripture, and to
attempt to frustrate the purpose of God to establish his sovereignty
in the salvation of sinners. God will not share his glory with man,
and clearly and deliberately demonstrates that salvation is based on
his choice, not man's.

5) The unregenerate mind is incapable of trusting or willing to trust
Christ as Savior:

a) The unsaved are spiritually dead, mentally darkened, and morally
depraved, until such time as God makes them alive (Ephesians 2 - 5).

b) The unsaved are at enmity against God, cannot submit themselves to
the will of God, and can only contradict that which they know to be
God's will:

Ro 8:7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not
subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

c) It is God who works in us both to will and do of His good pleasure
(Php. 2:13). No one "wills" until God gives them a new nature, and
works in them to will to do of His pleasure. This is not the same as
God making robots do His will even though they don't want to, because
He gives them a new heart which serves Him of its own free will when
He works in them to both to "will" and to "do" of His pleasure. The
result is you have people trusting God, wanting to do His will, and
doing it. This is not the result of their "free will", but of God
working in them both to will and do of His pleasure when He saves
them.

www.pulpitfire.org

Aug 19, 2006, 6:16:40 AM8/19/06
On 18 Aug 2006 23:30:25 -0700,
in article <1155969025....@h48g2000cwc.googlegroups.com>,
"Chris" <loxi...@yahoo.com.au> wrote:

>I'm sorry Andrew, I looked this passage up in the Bible and it does say
>that Andrew brought Simon Peter to Jesus. We cannot change the words
>of scripture (even if you say the Holy Spirit gave you different
>information about it) because I read at the end of the Bible in
>Revelations 22:19 this:
>
>"And if anyone adds anything to this book of prophecy, God will take
>away from him his share in the tree of life and in the holy city, which
>are described in this book."

Exactly!

>I'm very disappointed in you, however I still love you and you are in
>my prayers.
>
>Blessings to you always, Chris

www.pulpitfire.org

Aug 19, 2006, 6:27:26 AM8/19/06
On 18 Aug 2006 23:57:16 -0700,
in article <1155970636.3...@b28g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>,

"Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD" <nos...@heartmdphd.com> wrote:

>This book would be the book of Revelation and not the book of John.

So are you not then admitting you think it's ok for you to add words
to other parts of the Bible?

>However, no words are being changed in the book of John, anyway. Nor
>is anything being added.

You said Peter asked Andrew to take him to Christ, and implied Andrew
was therefore not leading him to Christ. Where does the text say
that? Please produce a quote.

>Again, the Holy Spirit has given me the
>understanding that Simon Peter upon hearing from Andrew that Jesus was
>possibly the Messiah

And again, you make up yet another idea that contradicts the plain
statement of Scripture. The Spirit did NOT give you the understanding
either that Andrew claimed Jesus was "possibly" the Messiah (He said
they "have" "found the Messias", not "possibly" the Messiah -- John
1:41), or that Peter then asked to be taken to the Messiah. This is
something you made up, and then tried to steal authentication for, by
claiming the Holy Spirit guided you to this understanding.

>was eager to meet Jesus and that this
>understanding is consistent with the word choice of "brought" as it is
>written.

>If the word choice were "led" instead of "brought" then I would have
>agreed with Randy that the Bible indicated that Simon Peter followed
>Andrew's lead to Jesus.

Are you claiming that Peter already knew where Christ was, and that
Andrew, in bringing him to Christ, did not lead him? You do not
require any further rebuttal. You are again demonstrating that you
are prepared to equate your own ideas with Scripture, and the guidance
of the Holy Spirit.

Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD

Aug 19, 2006, 7:38:50 AM8/19/06
www.pulpitfire.org wrote:
> On 18 Aug 2006 21:14:35 -0700,
> in article <1155960875.0...@m79g2000cwm.googlegroups.com>,
> "Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD" <nos...@heartmdphd.com> wrote:
>
> >In truth, my fantasy would be that you stop sinning and instead
> >exercise your free will to choose to place your faith in LORD Jesus
> >Christ thereby receiving GOD's love into your heart so that you would
> >be reborn of living water and the Holy Spirit.
>
> There are many clear proofs that salvation is the result of God's
> will, and not man's.

The only clear proof of any person's salvation is whether s/he is able
to love everyone unconditionally.

Are you able to love everyone including GOD unconditionally dear
neighbor Randy ?

www.pulpitfire.org

Aug 19, 2006, 7:45:11 AM8/19/06
On 19 Aug 2006 04:38:50 -0700,
in article <1155987530.4...@p79g2000cwp.googlegroups.com>,

"Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD" <nos...@heartmdphd.com> wrote:

>> There are many clear proofs that salvation is the result of God's
>> will, and not man's.
>
>The only clear proof of any person's salvation is whether s/he is able
>to love everyone unconditionally.

You're confusing the fruit of salvation with the terms of salvation.
Salvation is not the result of "the will of man", but "of God".

www.pulpitfire.org

Aug 19, 2006, 10:18:16 AM8/19/06
On 18 Aug 2006 14:33:11 -0700,
in article <1155936791.2...@h48g2000cwc.googlegroups.com>,

"Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD" <lo...@heartmdphd.com> wrote:

>May GOD heal your heart, dear neighbor whom I love.

2Co 5:17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old
things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

==============Funny Usenet Quotes===============
We should think ourselves lucky, the pressure on the server
when an email announcement is sent will be pretty hairy.

-- Jeff Gaines
(xn0eq5sx...@news.individual.net)

• Free at www.pulpitfire.org

Werner -the Christian Agnostic- Kurator

Aug 19, 2006, 1:10:38 PM8/19/06
Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD
in <1155899297.6...@m79g2000cwm.googlegroups.com>
on 2006-08-18 announced this statement:
> www.pulpitfire.org wrote:
>> Andrew wrote:
>>
>> >http://groups.google.com/group/sci.med.cardiology/msg/270533810339c5db?
>>
>> Newbie.
>
> In truth, at the time, already with 10 years experience of posting on
> BBSes.

and in all this time you didn't figure out *how* to properly
configure the Sig-line, so that any decent newsreader will
*automatically* cut it. Of course using "google" to post....

Amazing Andrew truly Amazing!

<cut including non-working delimiter>

Werner Kurator
"Like all translations of the Bible, made as they are by
imperfect man, this one falls short of it goal. Yet we are
grateful to God for the extend to which he has enabled us to
realize these goals and for the strength he has given us and our
colleagues to complete our task"

Preface to the "New International Version" of the Bible

August 1983......

"In fact, many professing agnostics are nearer belief in
the true God then are many conventional church-goers who
believe in a bogey that does not exist whom they miscall God."

Leslie D. Weatherhead; Preface to his "The Christian Agnostic"
"Hire the handicapped, they're fun to watch"
-- jAl in abn.toons

www.pulpitfire.org

Aug 19, 2006, 1:19:13 PM8/19/06
On Sat, 19 Aug 2006 19:10:38 +0200,
in article <slrneeehge...@peace-with.all>,
Werner -the Christian Agnostic- Kurator <wer...@peace-with.all>
wrote:

>Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD
>in <1155899297.6...@m79g2000cwm.googlegroups.com>
>on 2006-08-18 announced this statement:
>> www.pulpitfire.org wrote:

>>> Newbie.
>>
>> In truth, at the time, already with 10 years experience of posting on
>> BBSes.
>
>and in all this time you didn't figure out *how* to properly
>configure the Sig-line, so that any decent newsreader will
>*automatically* cut it. Of course using "google" to post....
>
>Amazing Andrew truly Amazing!

He doesn't even need to write anything at all. All he needs to do is
put the 10 or so fortunes (e.g. "without the Lord your opinion is
meaningless", "still praying for you", "May the Lord heal your heart")
he uses into a program like Sigchanger, then just hit reply and send.

==============Funny Usenet Quotes===============
We should think ourselves lucky, the pressure on the server
when an email announcement is sent will be pretty hairy.
-- Jeff Gaines (xn0eq5sx...@news.individual.net)
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><

Christ died for our sins, and God raised Him from the dead.
Rely on this finished work alone for salvation (1 Cor. 15:1-3;
Eph. 2:8-10).

• Daily devotionals • Community forum
• Bible questions and answers • Live chatting
• Free at www.pulpitfire.org

Uncle Vic

Aug 19, 2006, 2:55:16 PM8/19/06
Once upon a time in alt.atheism, dear sweet Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD
(nos...@heartmdphd.com) made the light shine upon us with this:

There are two kinds of religious people. There are the kind who believe
in following the moral teachings of their god, and there are those who
believe that their holy books are literally true. This second group are
not rational people. They cannot separate fact from fantasy and
frequently start fights, even wars, over their religion.

You fall into this second category, Earthquack.

Werner -the Christian Agnostic- Kurator

Aug 19, 2006, 6:02:08 PM8/19/06
Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD
in <1155908131.3...@74g2000cwt.googlegroups.com>
on 2006-08-18 announced this statement:

<cut>

> As it is written, they will know HIS brethren by the love we

> have for everyone including our enemies.

Speaking of Love:

Matthew 5
43 Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love
thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy.

Leviticus 19
18 Thou shalt not avenge, nor bear any grudge against the
children of thy people, but thou shalt love thy neighbour as
thyself: I am the LORD.

Now *where* in the OT context it is said *hate* thine enemy?
Of course it speaks about *killing* them!

Exodus 15
6 Thy right hand, O LORD, is become glorious in power: thy
right hand, O LORD, hath dashed in pieces the enemy.
9 The enemy said, I will pursue, I will overtake, I will
divide the spoil; my lust shall be satisfied upon them; I will
draw my sword, my hand shall destroy them.

Exodus 23
4 If thou meet thine enemy's ox or his ass going astray, thou
shalt surely bring it back to him again.
22 But if thou shalt indeed obey his voice, and do all that I
speak; then I will be an enemy unto thine enemies, and an
adversary unto thine adversaries.

Leviticus 26
25 And I will bring a sword upon you, that shall avenge the
quarrel of my covenant: and when ye are gathered together within
your cities, I will send the pestilence among you; and ye shall
be delivered into the hand of the enemy.

Numbers 10
9 And if ye go to war in your land against the enemy that
oppresseth you, then ye shall blow an alarm with the trumpets;
and ye shall be remembered before the LORD your God, and ye
shall be saved from your enemies.

Numbers 35
23 Or with any stone, wherewith a man may die, seeing him not,
and cast it upon him, that he die, and was not his enemy,
neither sought his harm:

Deuteronomy 28
57 And toward her young one that cometh out from between her
feet, and toward her children which she shall bear: for she
shall eat them for want of all things secretly in the siege and
straitness, wherewith thine enemy shall distress thee in thy
gates.

Deuteronomy 32
27 Were it not that I feared the wrath of the enemy, lest
their adversaries should behave themselves strangely, and lest
they should say, Our hand is high, and the LORD hath not done
all this.
42 I will make mine arrows drunk with blood, and my sword
shall devour flesh; and that with the blood of the slain and of
the captives, from the beginning of revenges upon the enemy.

Deuteronomy 33
27 The eternal God is thy refuge, and underneath are the
everlasting arms: and he shall thrust out the enemy from before
thee; and shall say, Destroy them.

<cut>

Werner Kurator
"Like all translations of the Bible, made as they are by
imperfect man, this one falls short of it goal. Yet we are
grateful to God for the extend to which he has enabled us to
realize these goals and for the strength he has given us and our
colleagues to complete our task"

Preface to the "New International Version" of the Bible

August 1983......

"In fact, many professing agnostics are nearer belief in
the true God then are many conventional church-goers who
believe in a bogey that does not exist whom they miscall God."

Leslie D. Weatherhead; Preface to his "The Christian Agnostic"

You don't eat children. You sell them into slavery, then use the money
to buy endangered species and eat those.
-- Stuart the Nice

Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD

Aug 19, 2006, 7:39:32 PM8/19/06
www.pulpitfire.org wrote:
> On 18 Aug 2006 14:33:11 -0700,
> in article <1155936791.2...@h48g2000cwc.googlegroups.com>,
> "Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD" <lo...@heartmdphd.com> wrote:
>
> >May GOD heal your heart, dear neighbor whom I love.
>
> 2Co 5:17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old
> things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

Amen.

Out of curiosity, what are you not willing to answer the following
simple yes/no question:

"Are you able to love everyone including your enemies unconditionally?"

May GOD continue to heal your heart, dear neighbor Randy whom I love.

Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD

Aug 19, 2006, 9:03:53 PM8/19/06
www.pulpitfire.org wrote:
> Andrew wrote:

> >Randy wrote:
> >> There are many clear proofs that salvation is the result of God's
> >> will, and not man's.
> >
> >The only clear proof of any person's salvation is whether s/he is able
> >to love everyone unconditionally.
>
> You're confusing the fruit of salvation with the terms of salvation.

Oops. Mea culpa... this was not intentional.

Sorry about not writing clearly. Please forgive all my inquities.

Trying again...

The only clear proof is the proof of a person's salvation when s/he
demonstrates that s/he is able to love everyone unconditionally.

The "proof" that salvation is **solely** the result of GOD's will is
not clear.

Writing on a personal level, most assuredly without doubt, HIS
salvation was not forced upon me. I could have chosen not to trust
HIM.

> Salvation is not the result of "the will of man", but "of God".

In truth, salvation is the result of the will of man being within the
will of GOD on HIS choice to save the man.

Again, out of curiosity, why are you unwilling to answer the following
simple question:

"Are you able to love everyone including your enemies unconditionally?"

May GOD continue to heal your heart, dear neighbor Randy whom I love.

www.pulpitfire.org

Aug 21, 2006, 3:11:15 PM8/21/06

Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD wrote:
> [...]

> me.
>
> > Don't be surprised if God fires you again.
>
> HIS will not my will.
>
> > 1Co 4:5 Therefore judge nothing before the time, until the Lord come,
> > who both will bring to light the hidden things of darkness, and will
> > make manifest the counsels of the hearts: and then shall every man
> > have praise of God.
>
> Amen !
>
> Laus Deo !
>
> Marana tha !
>
> And, so it remains my **personal** choice to continue to refrain from
> judging others per the kind and helpful suggestion of LORD Jesus Christ
> (Matthew 7:1-2).

> As it is written, they will know HIS brethren by the love we have for
> everyone including our enemies.
>
> May GOD continue to heal your heart, dear neighbor Randy whom I love.

Well, I'm glad to see you posted a link to this article on your web
page, under the heading of "wayward brethren". It kind of surprises
me, though, since:

1) The Lord does not instruct us to answer only "yes", or "no". The
Bible says to let your yes mean yes, and your no mean no, but that's
just that we are supposed to keep our word, not that we must answer
with "yes", or "no".

2) The Bible is clear we are not to advertise our prayer life on the
street corner, "to be seen of men". You constantly advertise your
prayer life in a place of high traffic (Usenet), and are trying to get
me to talk about mine.

You have posted a link on your web page
(http://groups.google.com/group/sci.med.cardiology/msg/e228ba1692acce5c?)
which exposes your own wayward ways, and then pretend it shows mine.

::: veralein :::

Aug 21, 2006, 5:01:49 PM8/21/06
In news:1156187475.1...@74g2000cwt.googlegroups.com,
www.pulpitfire.org <pulpi...@gmail.com> typed:

He does this with me, too, and he calls it "unconditional love".
ROTFL!!!!!

Be blessed,

::: vera :::

Ma¢k

Aug 21, 2006, 6:13:42 PM8/21/06
[Default] On 21 Aug 2006 12:11:15 -0700, "www.pulpitfire.org"
<pulpi...@gmail.com> Maniacally Screamed the following like a
drunken "www.pulpitfire.org" <pulpi...@gmail.com> into the madness
of usenet:

>> No one is seen in a newsgroup though what one writes may be read aloud.
>>
>> The Apostle Paul often wrote letters knowing full well that they would
>> be read aloud.

you always post a link to your picture and bio promoting yourself in
every post you make. so in truth you are using the newsgroups to be
seen.

again you prove yourself a liar chung.

Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD

Aug 21, 2006, 6:26:26 PM8/21/06

Your choice to bear false witness against me is forgiven as far as I am
concerned.

Forgiveness of trespasses is proof of unconditional love.

> ROTFL!!!!!

Without the truth, there can be only despair.

"I am the way, the truth, and the life..." -- LORD Jesus Christ.

In choosing sides, the right side is HIS side.

May GOD help you and Randy return to HIS side someday, dear neighbor
Vera whom I love unconditionally.

Prayerfully in Christ's amazing love,

Andrew <><
--
Andrew B. Chung
Cardiologist, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
http://HeartMDPhD.com/HolySpirit

As for knowing who are the very elect, these you will know by the
unconditional love they have for everyone including their enemies
(Matthew 5:44-45, 1 Corinthians 13:3, James 2:14-17).

http://groups.google.com/group/sci.med.cardiology/msg/d3b7b57d0fbf89ed?

Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD

Aug 21, 2006, 6:26:29 PM8/21/06

Your continuing to bearing false witness is forgiven as far as I am
concerned.

May GOD help you be more truthful someday, dear neighbor whom I love
unconditionally.

Prayerfully in Christ's amazing love,

Andrew <><
--
Andrew B. Chung
Cardiologist, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
http://HeartMDPhD.com/HolySpirit

As for knowing who are the very elect, these you will know by the

Al

Aug 25, 2006, 9:04:44 AM8/25/06
Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD wrote:

> Only those who were there in person or, in the Holy Spirit, know.

So you, having NOT been there, do NOT know if all you Jesus bull-shit is
true?