Daily Spirit-guided thought for 06/25/08

1 vue

Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD

non lue,
25 juin 2008, 06:53:5225/06/2008
http://groups.google.com/group/sci.med.cardiology/msg/f97030420dde61c7?

2008th year since the birth of our LORD Jesus Christ as the
Messiah ...

... by being hungrier:

http://groups.google.com/group/sci.med.cardiology/msg/f891e617d10bd689?

Hunger is wonderful ! ! !

It's how we know what GOD desires, which is all that is good.

Yes, hunger is our knowledge of good versus evil that Adam and Eve
paid for with their and our immortal lives.

"Blessed are you who hunger NOW...

... for you will be satisfied." -- LORD Jesus Christ (Luke 6:21)

Amen.

Here is a Spirit-guided exegesis of Luke 6:21 given in hopes of
promoting much greater understanding:

http://groups.google.com/group/sci.med.cardiology/msg/cc2aa8f8a4d41360?

Be hungry... be healthy... be hungrier... be healthier...

Marana tha

Prayerfully in the awesome name of our Messiah, Jesus Christ,

Andrew <><
--
http://groups.google.com/group/sci.med.cardiology/msg/4128be9f9918d825?

J A

non lue,
25 juin 2008, 20:47:2225/06/2008
The rising from the dead myth had been around long before jesus in
various Mediterranean religious cults. Similarly, virgin birth was an
unoriginal invention. As one example: Romulus and Remus, the founders
of Rome, were supposedly virgin births with the god Mars being the
father.

If jesus had actually been capable of miracle healings, and raising
the dead, it would have been well known to the Jewish and Roman
authorities of the time. Both entities had very good intelligence on
what was going on with the populace. The authorities of the time had trusted
informants who told them what
was going on in the populace.

Those informants were capable of witnessing miracle cures and the
rasing of people from the dead, and then reporting those things back.

The Romans, in particluar, were very superstitious and willing to
respect and take in other peoples' "gods".

Everyone would have had an interest in keeping him alive. Nearly
everyone had relatives and friends who could have used a dose of
miracle healing. And, of course, people lived in fear of disease and
injury for themselves.

But there were also always people wandering around claiming to be able
to do miracles then, as there are now. Benny Hinn? Jesus was a faker.

If jesus were capable of performing miracles, nothing stopped him from
doing so in front of the Jewish authorities, or the the Roman
authorities, and immediately acquiring stature and authority.

The Roman governor probably would have sought to gain favor in Rome by
shipping him back to the Emperor, if jesus were for real. If Jesus
actually could perform miracles cures and raising from the dead, the
LAST thing anyone would have done was kill him. He would have been too
useful.

Additionally, if jesus actually had shown the power of doing miracle
cures and raising the dead, who would want to insult and provoke such
a power, or the power behind him?

The Gospel of Thomas has numerous anecdotes about the child Jesus
abusing his magical powers: transforming his playmates into goats, or
turning mud into sparrows; or giving his father assistance by
lengthening a piece of wood.

Bottm line - it's all made up for fools, and there's never been any
shortage of them, and you're just another example.

monkfish

non lue,
25 juin 2008, 21:50:4625/06/2008
J A wrote:

> Bottm line - it's all made up for fools, and there's never been any
> shortage of them, and you're just another example.

Don't worry about the messenger for now.
Do you like the message of Jesus?

--
monkfish
* The followup-to header is set to alt.christnet.theology.

Thom Madura

non lue,
25 juin 2008, 21:00:0125/06/2008
monkfish wrote:
> J A wrote:
>
>> Bottm line - it's all made up for fools, and there's never been any
>> shortage of them, and you're just another example.
>

> Don't worry about the messenger for now.
> Do you like the message of Jesus?

You are missing the point

The Jewish historian Josephus (37 - c. 101 AD) wrote hundreds and
hundreds of pages about first century Judea, including John the Baptist,
including other first century Jewish messiahs, but about jesus, nothing
And about the early Christians, nothing. Zip. Zero. Nada.

WE have no message from your jesus - he is just as fictional as the rest
of you religion - much like the bible too.

monkfish

non lue,
25 juin 2008, 23:21:0525/06/2008
Thom Madura wrote:

Do you like the message attributed to Jesus?

Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD

non lue,
25 juin 2008, 22:37:0125/06/2008
convicted neighbor Thom Madura wrote:
> convicted friend monkfish wrote:
> > satan via a sockpuppet (corporeal demon) despairingly posted:

It remains the Teacher's perogative to teach only those who trust Him.

We, who are Christians (either Jew or gentile), have trusted Jesus so
that now we know He is GOD because He has taught us things about life
and reality that only GOD could possibly know.

You, who are a non-Christian, have not trusted Jesus so you
understandably have not learned anything from Him.

May we, who are Christians (either Jew or gentile), continue to pray
for your perishing soul, dear Thom:

http://groups.google.com/group/sci.med.cardiology/msg/3cef85cf7bd411d0?

J A

non lue,
26 juin 2008, 01:09:0826/06/2008

"Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD" <lo...@thetruth.com> wrote in message

> convicted neighbor Thom Madura wrote:
>> convicted friend monkfish wrote:
>> > satan via a sockpuppet (corporeal demon) despairingly posted:

>> > Don't worry about the messenger for now.
>> > Do you like the message of Jesus?
>> >
>> You are missing the point
>>
>> The Jewish historian Josephus (37 - c. 101 AD) wrote hundreds and
>> hundreds of pages about first century Judea, including John the Baptist,
>> including other first century Jewish messiahs, but about jesus, nothing
>> And about the early Christians, nothing. Zip. Zero. Nada.
>>
>> WE have no message from your jesus - he is just as fictional as the rest
>> of you religion - much like the bible too.
>
> It remains the Teacher's perogative to teach only those who trust Him.
>
> We, who are Christians (either Jew or gentile), have trusted Jesus so
> that now we know He is GOD because He has taught us things about life
> and reality that only GOD could possibly know.

Just as people trusted David Koresh, Jim Jones of the purple kool-aid, Benny
Hinn, etc., etc.

Your ludicrous demented postings over the years are consistent with the
debilitating effects of immersion into fantasy.

If something is inconvenient to you - you just fantasize your way around it.

That's the Christian way.

> You, who are a non-Christian, have not trusted Jesus so you
> understandably have not learned anything from Him.

The same could be said for the thousands of other "gods" that homo sapiens
have invented over the millenia.

> May we, who are Christians (either Jew or gentile), continue to pray
> for your perishing soul, dear Thom:

Instead of praying, try 2 things: being a responsible adult; getting
psychological help.

Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD

non lue,
26 juin 2008, 06:17:0026/06/2008
satan via a sockpuppet (corporeal demon) despairingly posted:
> > convicted neighbor Thom Madura wrote:

> >> You are missing the point
> >>
> >> The Jewish historian Josephus (37 - c. 101 AD) wrote hundreds and
> >> hundreds of pages about first century Judea, including John the Baptist,
> >> including other first century Jewish messiahs, but about jesus, nothing
> >> And about the early Christians, nothing. Zip. Zero. Nada.
> >>
> >> WE have no message from your jesus - he is just as fictional as the rest
> >> of you religion - much like the bible too.
> >
> > It remains the Teacher's perogative to teach only those who trust Him.
> >
> > We, who are Christians (either Jew or gentile), have trusted Jesus so
> > that now we know He is GOD because He has taught us things about life
> > and reality that only GOD could possibly know.
>
> Just as people trusted David Koresh, Jim Jones of the purple kool-aid, Benny
> Hinn, etc., etc.

The difference is that David Koresh, Jim Jones, and Benny Hinn will
all fall on their faces before Jesus, Who is the Lamb of GOD, on the
LORD's day of judgment.

You on the other hand will be cast into that lake of fire being
prepared for you, satan:

http://groups.google.com/group/sci.med.cardiology/msg/6b5ed2ca868902b1?

May we, who are Jesus' disciples (either Jew or gentile), continue to
rebuke you at each GOD-given opportunity as GOD desires:

http://groups.google.com/group/sci.med.cardiology/msg/31c3b88286afc5bd?

<><

2008th year since the birth of our LORD Jesus Christ as our Messiah,
the Son of Man ...

[...]

Truth

non lue,
26 juin 2008, 13:21:5126/06/2008
On Jun 26, 3:17 am, "Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD" <lo...@thetruth.com>
despairingly posted:

> The difference is that David Koresh, Jim Jones, and Benny Hinn will
> all fall on their faces before Jesus, Who is the Lamb of GOD, on the
> LORD's day of judgment.

Incorrect.

The difference between those cults and you Chung is that those cult
leaders had some charisma and actual followers. OTOH, you Chung are a
delusional cult of one whom no one likes or respects. You have no
charisma and are obviously mentally ill and unable to function in
society. You make up your own rules as you go along and accuse others
of being Satan when they question you. You are unable to give a
straight, truthful answer to any questions.

Mike Mordant

non lue,
26 juin 2008, 13:46:4226/06/2008
On Jun 26, 5:17 am, "Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD" <lo...@thetruth.com>

wrote:
> satan via a sockpuppet (corporeal demon) despairingly posted:
SNIP

> The difference is that David Koresh, Jim Jones, and Benny Hinn will
> all fall on their faces before Jesus, Who is the Lamb of GOD, on the
> LORD's day of judgment.

So you are writing that you won't? That, Chung, is pure hubris. You
stand condemned by your own words yet again.
<0><0>

J A

non lue,
26 juin 2008, 19:02:3826/06/2008

"Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD" <lo...@thetruth.com> wrote in message

You are no less deluded than David Koresh and Jim Jones and all the other
supernaturalists who have ever existed.

> You on the other hand will be cast into that lake of fire being prepared
> for you, satan:

You are an incompetent deluded fool.

Even according to the "Commandments" of your own fantasy, it is YOU who
would be destined for hell, not me.

The Old Testament has Commandments which condemn worshipping gods other than
yahweh, and idol worship (crosses etc.) - you do both.

According to the Ten Commandments, YOU are condemned.

There is no Commandment against atheism.

As to jesus being the messiah, why don't you refute what this rabbi has to
say?

Jesus as the Messiah? by Rabbi Shraga Simmons

Question: Why did the majority of the Jewish world reject Jesus as the
Messiah, and why did the first Christians accept Jesus as the Messiah?

Answer

It is important to understand why Jews don't believe in Jesus.

Jews do not accept Jesus as the messiah because:

1) Jesus did not fulfill the messianic prophecies.

2) Jesus did not embody the personal qualifications of the Messiah.

3) Biblical verses "referring" to Jesus are mistranslations.

4) Jewish belief is based on national revelation.

At the end of this article, we will examine these additional topics:

5) Christianity contradicts Jewish theology

6) Jews and Gentiles

7) Bringing the Messiah

1) JESUS DID NOT FULFILL THE MESSIANIC PROPHECIES

What is the Messiah supposed to accomplish? The Bible says that he will:

A. Build the Third Temple (Ezekiel 37:26-28).

B. Gather all Jews back to the Land of Israel (Isaiah 43:5-6).

C. Usher in an era of world peace, and end all hatred, oppression, suffering
and disease. As it says: "Nation shall not lift up sword against nation,
neither shall man learn war anymore." (Isaiah 2:4)

D. Spread universal knowledge of the God of Israel, which will unite
humanity as one. As it says: "God will be King over all the world -- on that
day, God will be One and His Name will be One" (Zechariah 14:9).

The historical fact is that Jesus fulfilled none of these messianic
prophecies.

Christians counter that Jesus will fulfill these in the Second Coming, but
Jewish sources show that the Messiah will fulfill the prophecies outright,
and no concept of a second coming exists.

2) JESUS DID NOT EMBODY THE PERSONAL QUALIFICATIONS OF MESSIAH

A. MESSIAH AS PROPHET

Jesus was not a prophet. Prophecy can only exist in Israel when the land is
inhabited by a majority of world Jewry. During the time of Ezra (circa 300
BCE), when the majority of Jews refused to move from Babylon to Israel,
prophecy ended upon the death of the last prophets -- Haggai, Zechariah and
Malachi.

Jesus appeared on the scene approximately 350 years after prophecy had
ended.

B. DESCENDENT OF DAVID

The Messiah must be descended on his father's side from King David (see
Genesis 49:10 and Isaiah 11:1). According to the Christian claim that Jesus
was the product of a virgin birth, he had no father -- and thus could not
have possibly fulfilled the messianic requirement of being descended on his
father's side from King David!

C. TORAH OBSERVANCE

The Messiah will lead the Jewish people to full Torah observance. The Torah
states that all mitzvot remain binding forever, and anyone coming to change
the Torah is immediately identified as a false prophet. (Deut. 13:1-4)

Throughout the New Testament, Jesus contradicts the Torah and states that
its commandments are no longer applicable. (see John 1:45 and 9:16, Acts
3:22 and 7:37)

3) MISTRANSLATED VERSES "REFERRING" TO JESUS

Biblical verses can only be understood by studying the original Hebrew
text -- which reveals many discrepancies in the Christian translation.

A. VIRGIN BIRTH

The Christian idea of a virgin birth is derived from the verse in Isaiah
7:14 describing an "alma" as giving birth. The word "alma" has always meant
a young woman, but Christian theologians came centuries later and translated
it as "virgin." This accords Jesus' birth with the first century pagan idea
of mortals being impregnated by gods.

B. CRUCIFIXION

The verse in Psalms 22:17 reads: "Like a lion, they are at my hands and
feet." The Hebrew word ki-ari (like a lion) is grammatically similar to the
word "gouged." Thus Christianity reads the verse as a reference to
crucifixion: "They pierced my hands and feet."

C. SUFFERING SERVANT

Christianity claims that Isaiah chapter 53 refers to Jesus, as the
"suffering servant."

In actuality, Isaiah 53 directly follows the theme of chapter 52, describing
the exile and redemption of the Jewish people. The prophecies are written in
the singular form because the Jews ("Israel") are regarded as one unit. The
Torah is filled with examples of the Jewish nation referred to with a
singular pronoun.

Ironically, Isaiah's prophecies of persecution refer in part to the 11th
century when Jews were tortured and killed by Crusaders who acted in the
name of Jesus.

From where did these mistranslations stem? St. Gregory, 4th century Bishop
of Nanianzus, wrote: "A little jargon is all that is necessary to impose on
the people. The less they comprehend, the more they admire."

4) JEWISH BELIEF IS BASED SOLELY ON NATIONAL REVELATION

Of the 15,000 religions in human history, only Judaism bases its belief on
national revelation -- i.e. God speaking to the entire nation. If God is
going to start a religion, it makes sense He'll tell everyone, not just one
person.

Judaism, unique among all of the world's major religions, does not rely on
"claims of miracles" as the basis for its religion. In fact, the Bible says
that God sometimes grants the power of "miracles" to charlatans, in order to
test Jewish loyalty to the Torah (Deut. 13:4).

Maimonides states (Foundations of Torah, ch. 8):

The Jews did not believe in Moses, our teacher, because of the miracles he
performed. Whenever anyone's belief is based on seeing miracles, he has
lingering doubts, because it is possible the miracles were performed through
magic or sorcery. All of the miracles performed by Moses in the desert were
because they were necessary, and not as proof of his prophecy.

What then was the basis of [Jewish] belief? The Revelation at Mount Sinai,
which we saw with our own eyes and heard with our own ears, not dependent on
the testimony of others... as it says, "Face to face, God spoke with you..."
The Torah also states: "God did not make this covenant with our fathers, but
with us -- who are all here alive today." (Deut. 5:3)

Judaism is not miracles. It is the personal eyewitness experience of every
man, woman and child, standing at Mount Sinai 3,300 years ago.

----

5) CHRISTIANITY CONTRADICTS JEWISH THEOLOGY

The following theological points apply primarily to the Roman Catholic
Church, the largest Christian denomination, and the one most familiar to the
Western world.

A. GOD AS THREE?

The Catholic idea of Trinity breaks God into three separate beings: The
Father, the Son and the Holy Ghost (Matthew 28:19).

Contrast this to the Shema, the basis of Jewish belief: "Hear O Israel, the
Lord our God, the Lord is ONE" (Deut. 6:4). Jews declare the Shema every
day, while writing it on doorposts (Mezuzah), and binding it to the hand and
head (Tefillin). This statement of God's One-ness is the first words a
Jewish child is taught to say, and the last words uttered before a Jew dies.

In Jewish law, worship of a three-part god is considered idolatry -- one of
the three cardinal sins that a Jew should rather give up his life than
transgress. This explains why during the Inquisitions and throughout
history, Jews gave up their lives rather than convert.

B. MAN AS GOD?

Christians believe that God came down to earth in human form, as Jesus said:
"I and the Father are one" (John 10:30).

Maimonides devotes most of the "Guide for the Perplexed" to the fundamental
idea that God is incorporeal, meaning that He assumes no physical form. God
is Eternal, above time. He is Infinite, beyond space. He cannot be born, and
cannot die. Saying that God assumes human form makes God small, diminishing
both His unity and His divinity. As the Torah says: "God is not a mortal"
(Numbers 23:19).

Judaism says that the Messiah will be born of human parents, and possess
normal physical attributes like other people. He will not be a demi-god, and
will not possess supernatural qualities. In fact, an individual is alive in
every generation with the capacity to step into the role of the Messiah.
(see Maimonides - Laws of Kings 11:3)

Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD

non lue,
27 juin 2008, 21:36:0027/06/2008

In my ever closer walk with LORD Jesus Christ, HE continues to keep me
completely well and infinitely able to tirelessly rebuke you at each

J A

non lue,
27 juin 2008, 23:27:5427/06/2008

Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD