Wake up Australia, racism is a problem

Totaltully

Oct 27, 2007, 11:44:06 PM10/27/07

Malcolm Knox on the home truths revealed by the Lehmann episode

Malcolm Knox
Monday January 20, 2003

Guardian

The Darren Lehmann case has exposed a double standard in the
Australian cricket community. Normally, moments of the highest
pressure in sport are held to reveal character. Steve Waugh's
toughness and Shane Warne's genius are revealed precisely in the heat
of the moment. Conversely, the touring Englishmen have been stripped
naked - weak, timid, lacking in technique - under high heat. We beat
the drum of our own supremacy because we're tough when it really
matters.
Yet for Lehmann, the logic has been reversed. His defenders cannot
reconcile his outburst against his Sri Lankan opponents with his
reputation as a "good bloke". Team-mates and associates have described
Lehmann's slur as an "out of character" act, committed "in the heat of
the moment" by someone who is "universally regarded as a nice guy".
Instead it is the Sri Lankans who are rendered villains, oversensitive
and unmanly to complain.

How is it that for Lehmann the rule is waived? How is it that in the
heat of the moment, he did something supposedly out of character?

The answer, of course, is that he did not. To believe this was the
first time Lehmann used this terrible language about black people is
to show the indulgence of a parent who believes their teenager's "it
was my first joint" defence.

Lehmann's misfortune is that he is the man who got caught revealing
the unwitting racism that infuses not only Australian cricketing
culture but mainstream Australia.

Lehmann's supporters cannot understand the difference between calling
someone a "cunt" and a "black cunt". Nor, presumably, can they
understand that it is offensive for our media commentators to speak of
the Sri Lankans as "babbling" in the field, as "leaping about with
great big smiles" or as "little guys". Monkeys babble. Little black
sambos have great big smiles.

We're not yet at a stage of cultural maturity where we even know what
racism is. Our prime minister John Howard is supposedly a decent man
who hates the racist epithet. Yet each year he sanctifies the white
man's military tragedy (Gallipoli) while denying or excusing the black
man's military tragedy (the colonisation massacres).

Racism in Australia is insidious, unadmitted. We have few proud
racists. There is no open Klan or National Front here. Our white
supremacist fringe - the 10% of voters represented in the late 1990s
by Pauline Hanson but who, in the 2001 election, swung back into step
with Howard's dance of Arab-phobia - do not admit to racism.

Hanson's platform of cutting non-white immigration and government
assistance to Aborigines was coded as a call for "fairness" (no pun
intended) from "mainstream Australia". When Howard talks of pre-
emptive strikes against terrorists in Asia, and of de-democratising
the rights of non-white asylum seekers, his favourite phrasing is
"ordinary Australians think...". All ills can be cured if everybody
just stops whingeing and swallows the (white, male, resolutely middle-
class and anti-intellectual) panacea of 'mateship'.

By raising this, one risks being labelled politically-correct and a
troublemaker. Three years ago, when India toured Australia, I
interviewed Indian-Australians who were supporting India. I found two
reasons.

One was that it is natural not to let go of one's birthplace.
Presumably those Australians who impose cultural-assimilation policies
upon new arrivals are not the ones who slag Greg Norman for his
American accent; presumably those who say Muslims should renounce
their language and religion once they become Australians are not the
ones who accuse Clive James and Germaine Greer of "selling out" their
Australian-ness to Britain.

Yet a more pungent reason for those Indian flags at the Sydney Cricket
Ground was that fathers resented the exclusion of their sons from
local and school teams. Every family I interviewed had a story of a
boy who had been shut out of the "in" group because of his race, or
his teetotalism, or some other cultural difference.

Lest this be taken as paranoia, one need only look at the make-up of
Australian cricket teams at senior levels. The most common name in the
Sydney phone book is Lee - and they're not relatives of Brett - yet
all our teams can boast is the occasional Kasprowicz or Di Venuto. If
you want a cultural snapshot of Australia in the 1950s, look no
further than our cricket.

Rather than shame, our cricket community tends to feel pride in this
ethnic wholeness. Yet the Lehmann case has shown that an excess of our
greatest strengths - unity, certainty, simplicity - has become our
greatest weakness.

Australian triumphalism masks the fact that we lag a generation behind
England in resolving the race debate. While English sporting clubs
struggle to harmonise different cultures, Australian clubs fix the
problem by leaving non-whites out.

When controversy about England's racially diverse cricket teams has
broken out, Australian cricketers tacitly agree with those who say
recent teams from the old country are "less English", and therefore
weaker, than in the 1960s or before. Their prescription for England's
ills is to revert to "English" (i.e. Boycottian, Illingworthian)
traits. We fail to recognise England's change as much as we fail to
acknowledge our own.

When I wrote about the Indians who felt shut out of Australian
cricket, I was taken to task for "inventing" trouble where none
existed. Yet I'd seen racism with my own eyes. On a tour to India, I
heard two Australian cricketers call the locals "niggers". I saw
Australian cricketers coming across Indians sleeping on a railway
platform in Jamshedpur and nudging them awake with their feet in order
to take a happy snap.

No malice was intended, and if you can understand that the cricketers
involved were both "good blokes" and yet-to-be-reconstructed racists,
then you go a long way to comprehending the incoherence amid which
most Australians live.

· Malcolm Knox is a former chief cricket correspondent for the Sydney
Morning Herald and is the author of the novel Summerland, published in
the UK by Picador.

Guardian Unlimited © Guardian News and Media Limited 2007

dechucka

Oct 28, 2007, 12:05:31 AM10/28/07

"Totaltully" <bpa...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Guardian

D:

Interesting article but tell us something we didn't know. If you want to see
racism in pratice go and have a look at aus.pol . However racism is not a
problem just for Aus it seems to be a problem in most if not all countries
and that in no way is an attempt to justify the racism in Australia. As I
said in another thread "Racism IMHO is inherently wrong because it is based
on prejudices and stereotyping not fact, this applies to racism by
Australian , Indians Poms, Kiwis etc and can be by whites, blacks, browns,
yellows, purples with yellows polka dots etc"

Totaltully

Oct 28, 2007, 12:48:11 AM10/28/07
On Oct 27, 9:05 pm, "dechucka" <dechu...@vomithotmail.com> wrote:
> "Totaltully" <bpa...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> Interesting article but tell us something we didn't know. If you want to see
> racism in pratice go and have a look at aus.pol . However racism is not a
> problem just for Aus it seems to be a problem in most if not all countries
> and that in no way is an attempt to justify the racism in Australia. As I
> said in another thread "Racism IMHO is inherently wrong because it is based
> on prejudices and stereotyping not fact, this applies to racism by
> Australian , Indians Poms, Kiwis etc and can be by whites, blacks, browns,
> yellows, purples with yellows polka dots etc"

What you need to know is that a few monkey chants against Symonds does
not constitute racism. Period. For someone claiming to be pious about
racism, it is important to understand this distinction. This wasn't
the intention of my post, although perspective has been lacking in the
aussie press coverage.

Mango

Oct 28, 2007, 1:19:55 AM10/28/07

> On Oct 27, 9:05 pm, "dechucka" <dechu...@vomithotmail.com> wrote:
>> "Totaltully" <bpa...@gmail.com> wrote in message

>> Interesting article but tell us something we didn't know. If you want to
>> see
>> racism in pratice go and have a look at aus.pol . However racism is not
>> problem just for Aus it seems to be a problem in most if not all
>> countries
>> and that in no way is an attempt to justify the racism in Australia. As I
>> said in another thread "Racism IMHO is inherently wrong because it is
>> based
>> on prejudices and stereotyping not fact, this applies to racism by
>> Australian , Indians Poms, Kiwis etc and can be by whites, blacks,
>> browns,
>> yellows, purples with yellows polka dots etc"
>
> What you need to know is that a few monkey chants against Symonds does
> not constitute racism. Period.

Yes it does.

For someone claiming to be pious about
> racism, it is important to understand this distinction. This wasn't
> the intention of my post, although perspective has been lacking in the
> aussie press coverage.

>\

The Aussie press is no different to any other free press. They tell the
paying customers what they want to hear. They have perspective, although
its different to yours and mine

kenh...@hotmail.com

Oct 28, 2007, 1:37:58 AM10/28/07
On Oct 28, 4:19 pm, "Mango" <Fakem...@wherever.com> wrote:
> "Totaltully" <bpa...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> > On Oct 27, 9:05 pm, "dechucka" <dechu...@vomithotmail.com> wrote:
> >> "Totaltully" <bpa...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> >> Interesting article but tell us something we didn't know. If you want to
> >> see
> >> racism in pratice go and have a look at aus.pol . However racism is not
> >> problem just for Aus it seems to be a problem in most if not all
> >> countries
> >> and that in no way is an attempt to justify the racism in Australia. As I
> >> said in another thread "Racism IMHO is inherently wrong because it is
> >> based
> >> on prejudices and stereotyping not fact, this applies to racism by
> >> Australian , Indians Poms, Kiwis etc and can be by whites, blacks,
> >> browns,
> >> yellows, purples with yellows polka dots etc"
>
> > What you need to know is that a few monkey chants against Symonds does
> > not constitute racism. Period.
>
> Yes it does.

Indeed it does

> For someone claiming to be pious about
>
> > racism, it is important to understand this distinction. This wasn't
> > the intention of my post, although perspective has been lacking in the
> > aussie press coverage.
> >\
>
> The Aussie press is no different to any other free press. They tell the
> paying customers what they want to hear. They have perspective, although

> its different to yours and mine- Hide quoted text -

So the Aussie press is only telling the paying customers (Guardian
readers?) what they want to hear?
And so racism from Australian cricketers, supporters and rsc posters
doesn't really happen, except in the eyes of journalists wanting to
earn their keep?

Fact is, weve seen far too many Australian apologists (and in this
case I'm talking rsc posters) for racism in Australian cricket. And
those self same aopolgists are all too quick to castigate Indian
posters and crowds for their acts of racism..

The more enlightened posters here aren't trying to tell you
(Australian posters) that two wrongs make a right, but it's quite
sensible to point out to you your hypocrisy in crying foul at racism
directed against Australian teams when you continue to defend racism
directed at touring teams by Australians.

Until some of the posters here learn to do that, their statements
about racism needing to be stamped out simply come across as empty
rhetoric

Higgs

dechucka

Oct 28, 2007, 2:01:19 AM10/28/07

"Totaltully" <bpa...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> On Oct 27, 9:05 pm, "dechucka" <dechu...@vomithotmail.com> wrote:
>> "Totaltully" <bpa...@gmail.com> wrote in message

>> Interesting article but tell us something we didn't know. If you want to
>> see
>> racism in pratice go and have a look at aus.pol . However racism is not
>> problem just for Aus it seems to be a problem in most if not all
>> countries
>> and that in no way is an attempt to justify the racism in Australia. As I
>> said in another thread "Racism IMHO is inherently wrong because it is
>> based
>> on prejudices and stereotyping not fact, this applies to racism by
>> Australian , Indians Poms, Kiwis etc and can be by whites, blacks,
>> browns,
>> yellows, purples with yellows polka dots etc"
>
> What you need to know is that a few monkey chants against Symonds does
> not constitute racism.

really?

Mango

Oct 28, 2007, 2:08:19 AM10/28/07

<kenh...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

I'm not sure what in my observation that the commercial press reports things
that its particular group of customers like to hear led to this post, but I
hope it made you feel better. Most Australian posters are well aware that
there is racism in Australia, just like everywhere else. As a group, we
aren't angels, although I like to think a majority of us aren't racist.

> Higgs

Totaltully

Oct 28, 2007, 3:54:26 AM10/28/07
> > aussie press coverage.- Hide quoted text -

The fundamental point of racism is that it is a combination of power
and ridicule used by the majority against a minority. Whites against
blacks, European Christians against Jews. It has a context to it.
Brandishing the swastika in Europe or America has a certain context to
it. Take the same thing into rural India/Africa it doesnt mean jack. A
reverse form of ridicule doesnt work - in centuries blacks and other
races have stuck an epithet against whites (save for cracker or
hunky).

Does the average India know that Hitler compared blacks to apes (like
he did to black athletes in the 36 Olympics) - you bet your bottom
dollar not. Have West Indian teams been ridiculed as monkeys - never.
Have Nigerian athletes like Cheema Okerie (footballer in the hyped
Calcutta football league) been treated likewise - never. Is there a
pattern, let alone prejudice - not at all.

Even if the average Indian were prejudiced, does he know what racial
type Symonds is? For all that i follow the game, ive no clue. He looks
mixed, has curly hair. Thats about it. There is a ton of press about
Tiger Woods racial mix, but try googling for Symonds lineage, you dont
get to an accurate description. Sure he was born to West Indian
parents, but what does that really mean. To take it from there, to say
that the average goon in the crowd would know that this would cut
Symonds to the quick is pretty rich.

Im the last one to defend my countrymen on lack of prejudice. We are
casteist, communal, parochial, color sensitive within our race and
kill femal foetuses. But nary a foreinger has had issues mixing in if
they wanted to. The concept of anti-semitism does not exist in India.
Dont accuse of being racist - that is one thing we are not.

Mango

Oct 28, 2007, 4:38:56 AM10/28/07

"Totaltully" <bpa...@gmail.com> wrote in message

No its not. Its treating people differently because of race.

>Whites against
> blacks, European Christians against Jews.

Whites do not constitute a majority over blacks in any case. By your
definition, it is impossible for a white to be racist in India as they are
not a majority. In any case, the comments against Symonds where Asians
against blacks. By your definition it is impossible to be racist against
Asians because they constitute a majority of the Worlds population. Just
shows that your definition needs more thought, and you need to open your
eyes about racism.

> Dont accuse of being racist - that is one thing we are not.

There is a portion of your population that is.

shineything

Oct 28, 2007, 5:32:39 AM10/28/07
On Oct 28, 5:48 pm, Totaltully <bpa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Oct 27, 9:05 pm, "dechucka" <dechu...@vomithotmail.com> wrote:
>
> > "Totaltully" <bpa...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> > Interesting article but tell us something we didn't know. If you want to see
> > racism in pratice go and have a look at aus.pol . However racism is not a
> > problem just for Aus it seems to be a problem in most if not all countries
> > and that in no way is an attempt to justify the racism in Australia. As I
> > said in another thread "Racism IMHO is inherently wrong because it is based
> > on prejudices and stereotyping not fact, this applies to racism by
> > Australian , Indians Poms, Kiwis etc and can be by whites, blacks, browns,
> > yellows, purples with yellows polka dots etc"
>
> What you need to know is that a few monkey chants against Symonds does
> not constitute racism. Period.

Indeed. Obviously you don't then agree with all those Indian posters
who have banged on for years about how identical acts in Australia
indicate a deep-seated and systematic 'racism' in that country.

Larry De Silva

Oct 28, 2007, 7:20:24 AM10/28/07
Mango wrote:
> "Totaltully" <bpa...@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> On Oct 27, 9:05 pm, "dechucka" <dechu...@vomithotmail.com> wrote:
>>> "Totaltully" <bpa...@gmail.com> wrote in message

>>> Interesting article but tell us something we didn't know. If you want to
>>> see
>>> racism in pratice go and have a look at aus.pol . However racism is not
>>> problem just for Aus it seems to be a problem in most if not all
>>> countries
>>> and that in no way is an attempt to justify the racism in Australia. As I
>>> said in another thread "Racism IMHO is inherently wrong because it is
>>> based
>>> on prejudices and stereotyping not fact, this applies to racism by
>>> Australian , Indians Poms, Kiwis etc and can be by whites, blacks,
>>> browns,
>>> yellows, purples with yellows polka dots etc"
>> What you need to know is that a few monkey chants against Symonds does
>> not constitute racism. Period.
>
> Yes it does.

So does aiming a banana at Murali by one of Alvey's racist mates in
Brisbane a couple of years ago..................

Lazza

Totaltully

Oct 28, 2007, 11:24:23 AM10/28/07

Context is important. Whites outnumber blacks in the Western world. A
white can come to the country and feel superior and denigrate browns
in India, it would hardly be treated as a problem. Of course, if a
brown were to travel to the UK or Australia and then be subject to
these attitudes it would be a problem. A white in Singapore or HK can
'practice' racism, because the locals believe and practice in a
hierarchy of races (White > Yellow > Everyone else).

> > Dont accuse of being racist - that is one thing we are not.
>
> There is a portion of your population that is.

There would be a statistical portion that is, but it does not warrant
this kind of attention.

Totaltully

Oct 28, 2007, 11:31:13 AM10/28/07
> indicate a deep-seated and systematic 'racism' in that country.- Hide quoted text -

I've only visited Australia once and have several relative/friends in
that country. Personally, i have not experienced or heard much that
would suggest racist attitudes. However, our common friend google
turns up 1.45 million hits for 'australia racism'. That's all i know.

Ive lived in Singapore and UK and know those places to be
institutionally racist. I currenlty live in California - if any place
could be a raceless paradise, it is this.

Mango

Oct 28, 2007, 3:48:31 PM10/28/07

"Larry De Silva" <larryd...@NOSPAMozemail.com.au> wrote in message

Yes, I agree.

dechucka

Oct 28, 2007, 4:00:56 PM10/28/07

"Mango" <Fake...@wherever.com> wrote in message

which proves that there are racist idiots everywhere

Rodney Ulyate

Oct 28, 2007, 4:47:45 PM10/28/07
Totaltully defined:

> The fundamental point of racism is that it is a combination of power
> and ridicule used by the majority against a minority.

'Twas the other way 'round in South Africa.

--
Rodney Ulyate

"I'm the last of the straight-arm bowlers."
Ray Lindwall

dechucka

Oct 28, 2007, 4:54:37 PM10/28/07

"Rodney Ulyate" <rodney...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> Totaltully defined:
>> The fundamental point of racism is that it is a combination of power
>> and ridicule used by the majority against a minority.
>
> 'Twas the other way 'round in South Africa.

how dare you bring facts into this argument

Diggler

Oct 28, 2007, 6:19:10 PM10/28/07
> What you need to know is that a few monkey chants against Symonds does
> not constitute racism. Period. For someone claiming to be pious about
> racism, it is important to understand this distinction. This wasn't
> the intention of my post, although perspective has been lacking in the
> aussie press coverage.

Any why doesn't it constitute racism? Have monkey chants ever been
directed at white people? What a ridiculous thing to say.. if you
don't have the brain to figure out what a monkey chant means, do some
reading about evolution.

Diggler

Oct 28, 2007, 6:31:38 PM10/28/07
this whole issue of racism is such a storm in a tea-cup - a way of
journos generating interest in the upcoming series. when it comes down
to it, a few monkey chants sounds absolutely horrible (and the
culprits should be banned for a few years), but no one with a right
mind would suggest that india has a serious racism problem. it's just
a few idiots in the crowd. likewise, australia.. except i think
queensland and nsw might have issues between caucasians, lebanese and
muslims that really need to be dealt with, words are words and darren
lehmann would never disrespect a coloured individual. conn's article
was a joke.

Totaltully

Oct 28, 2007, 7:15:46 PM10/28/07

A monkey chant in a different cultural context would mean a lot. Does
calling Inzy a potato or gatting a pig constitute racism? Calling Inzy
a pig might be baiting his religious sensibilities. The concept of
comparing black/negroid features to apes is not common in India
(though there is a strong population of folks with black/negroid
features). Please keep this discusion civil - you are showing up your
own lack of intellect with your language

Totaltully

Oct 28, 2007, 7:21:06 PM10/28/07

Check these links and you will know why a monkey chant is not racist:
http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2006/06/20/1667739.htm
http://www.vidzest.com/media/10/Boy_with_a_Tail_in_India_Believed_to_be_a_God/

It's a crazy country, its mine, its not racist and im proud of it
warts and all.

Sanjiv Karmarkar

Oct 28, 2007, 9:13:35 PM10/28/07
On Oct 27, 11:05 pm, "dechucka" <dechu...@vomithotmail.com> wrote:

> Interesting article but tell us something we didn't know. If you want to see
> racism in pratice go and have a look at aus.pol . However racism is not a
> problem just for Aus it seems to be a problem in most if not all countries
> and that in no way is an attempt to justify the racism in Australia. As I
> said in another thread "Racism IMHO is inherently wrong because it is based
> on prejudices and stereotyping not fact, this applies to racism by
> Australian , Indians Poms, Kiwis etc and can be by whites, blacks, browns,
> yellows, purples with yellows polka dots etc"

Racism might be a problem in most countries, but it seems to be on
wane in most of them. Unfortunately, Australia seems to be out of
step with the rest of the world. What surprises me is the unabashed
audacity with which it is practiced. I wonder if the geographical
isolation has anything to do with that.

I have been to Australia a couple of times, and was treated very well,
even after I told them I was originally from India. However, the
stories we hear and read about blatant exhibition of racism in
Australia boggle the mind.

I bet there is a lot underlying racism in NE USA (where I currently
reside) but such public expressions of racism would never be allowed.
I attend a lot of sporting events here and I guarantee you, if one of
the players acted like Lehmann did, he would pay a very heavy price
for it.

I agree, racism exists every where; but that's not the point. What
matters is how the society reacts to this sort of open display of
racist acts. Looks to me that Australia has some work to do.

Sanjiv Karmarkar

Sanjiv Karmarkar

Oct 28, 2007, 9:17:44 PM10/28/07
On Oct 28, 3:38 am, "Mango" <Fakem...@wherever.com> wrote:

> No its not. Its treating people differently because of race.

OP is right. What you are describing is prejudice. Racism is a
willful, harmful, and a collective act. It's a subtle difference, and
yet it's devastating.

Sanjiv Karmarkar

Sanjiv Karmarkar

Oct 28, 2007, 9:20:07 PM10/28/07
On Oct 28, 5:31 pm, Diggler <dnarmstr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> this whole issue of racism is such a storm in a tea-cup

Yep, just a storm in a tea-cup... until it happens to you.

Sanjiv Karmarkar

CricketLeague

Oct 28, 2007, 9:26:03 PM10/28/07

"dechucka" <dech...@vomithotmail.com> wrote in message

Why dechuka ?

The minority whites rules majority blacks in South Africa until very
recently.

You neither understood Rodney's comments nor you made any sense in your
comments since you are arguing on behalf of the RACIST South African white
regime until recently.

None of your comments ever made any sense anyway except for your fellow Ku
Klux Klan president Rodney Ulyate and other Ku Klux Klan members Wog George,
alvey, will_s, Andrew Dunford, Mike Holmans, Phil and the other racists.

dechucka

Oct 28, 2007, 9:43:59 PM10/28/07

"CricketLeague" <Cricket...@USA.com> wrote in message

> "dechucka" <dech...@vomithotmail.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "Rodney Ulyate" <rodney...@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>> Totaltully defined:
>>>
>>> 'Twas the other way 'round in South Africa.
>>
>> how dare you bring facts into this argument
>

> Why dechuka ?
>
> The minority whites rules majority blacks in South Africa until very
> recently.

really so you are claiming a minority can be racist against a majority

> You neither understood Rodney's comments nor you made any sense in your
> comments since you are arguing on behalf of the RACIST South African white
> regime until recently.

my I suggest you take your own advice

snip the rant

CricketLeague

Oct 28, 2007, 11:18:51 PM10/28/07

"dechucka" <dech...@vomithotmail.com> wrote in message

dechuka,

Only Ku Klux Klan racists like you, Rodney Ulyate, alvey, will_s, Andrew
Dunford, Phil, Wog George can justify this abhorrent racist behaviour of
Australian players.

From Malcolm Knox's cricket column:

When I wrote about the Indians who felt shut out of Australian
cricket, I was taken to task for "inventing" trouble where none
existed. Yet I'd seen racism with my own eyes. On a tour to India, I
heard two Australian cricketers call the locals "niggers". I saw
Australian cricketers coming across Indians sleeping on a railway
platform in Jamshedpur and nudging them awake with their feet in order
to take a happy snap.

CricketLeague

Oct 28, 2007, 11:20:04 PM10/28/07

"dechucka" <dech...@vomithotmail.com> wrote in message

CricketLeague

Oct 28, 2007, 11:21:46 PM10/28/07

"Totaltully" <bpa...@gmail.com> wrote in message

EXCELLENT POST.

CricketLeague

Oct 28, 2007, 11:25:04 PM10/28/07

> "CricketLeague" <Cricket...@USA.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "dechucka" <dech...@vomithotmail.com> wrote in message
>>>
>>> "Rodney Ulyate" <rodney...@gmail.com> wrote in message

>>> how dare you bring facts into this argument
>>

>> Why dechuka ?
>>
>> The minority whites rules majority blacks in South Africa until very
>> recently.
>
> really so you are claiming a minority can be racist against a majority

Lunatic dickhead,

Ever heard of a country called South Africa and ever read its history ?

>> You neither understood Rodney's comments nor you made any sense in your
>> comments since you are arguing on behalf of the RACIST South African
>> white regime until recently.
>
> my I suggest you take your own advice
>
> snip the rant

I cant believe you are not locked up in an isolated cell for life.

CricketLeague

Oct 28, 2007, 11:29:44 PM10/28/07

"Diggler" <dnarm...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Yes, monkey chants, cat calls and other whistles are common way to harass
players in India.

Stupid indian crowds harass players from neighboring Indian state and some
times they abuse their own state and city players fielding at the boundary
line.

Indian crowds in movie theatres used to make monkey chants, cat calls and
whistles when electricity shuts off (very common in the 80s and 90s and even
today though rarely) for one reason or the other.

Monkey chants at Vadodara must be condemned but they are not racist.

dechucka

Oct 28, 2007, 10:26:40 PM10/28/07

"Sanjiv Karmarkar" <s_kar...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

I disagree an individual can be racist it is not a collective thing. OK lets
look at this scenario, a blatantly racist comment is made this summer
against a visiting team along the lines of " ++ ** && && ** %% ++
############# &&&& you black *****&&&&&&&&&&&& you are all the same" is that
comment a reflection of the crowd as a whole, the cricketing community as a
whole? or the society as a whole?. The answer IMBO is no. Some on this ng
( and one anti Australian troll comes to mind ) will suggest it is but in
general most people IMEO are not racist, particularly in the sporting
community.

dechucka

Oct 28, 2007, 10:29:22 PM10/28/07

"CricketLeague" <Cricket...@USA.com> wrote in message

moron there are racist idiots in every country

dechucka

Oct 28, 2007, 10:30:30 PM10/28/07

> "dechucka" <dech...@vomithotmail.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "CricketLeague" <Cricket...@USA.com> wrote in message
>>>
>>> "dechucka" <dech...@vomithotmail.com> wrote in message

>>> Why dechuka ?
>>>
>>> The minority whites rules majority blacks in South Africa until very
>>> recently.
>>
>> really so you are claiming a minority can be racist against a majority
>

> Lunatic dickhead,
>
> Ever heard of a country called South Africa and ever read its history ?

Have you read this thread you are seriously confused in what you are saying

CricketLeague

Oct 28, 2007, 11:35:01 PM10/28/07

> On Oct 27, 11:05 pm, "dechucka" <dechu...@vomithotmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Interesting article but tell us something we didn't know. If you want to
>> see
>> racism in pratice go and have a look at aus.pol . However racism is not
>> problem just for Aus it seems to be a problem in most if not all
>> countries
>> and that in no way is an attempt to justify the racism in Australia. As I
>> said in another thread "Racism IMHO is inherently wrong because it is
>> based
>> on prejudices and stereotyping not fact, this applies to racism by
>> Australian , Indians Poms, Kiwis etc and can be by whites, blacks,
>> browns,
>> yellows, purples with yellows polka dots etc"
>
> Racism might be a problem in most countries, but it seems to be on
> wane in most of them. Unfortunately, Australia seems to be out of
> step with the rest of the world. What surprises me is the unabashed
> audacity with which it is practiced. I wonder if the geographical
> isolation has anything to do with that.
>
> I have been to Australia a couple of times, and was treated very well,
> even after I told them I was originally from India.

Doesnt mean a thing. Racism is subtle at times and very overt at times. Just
because you never experienced it so far doesnt mean you are not going to
experience it in the future.

There is plenty of racism today even in USA.

>However, the
> stories we hear and read about blatant exhibition of racism in
> Australia boggle the mind.
>
> I bet there is a lot underlying racism in NE USA (where I currently
> reside) but such public expressions of racism would never be allowed.
> I attend a lot of sporting events here and I guarantee you, if one of
> the players acted like Lehmann did, he would pay a very heavy price
> for it.
>
> I agree, racism exists every where; but that's not the point. What
> matters is how the society reacts to this sort of open display of
> racist acts. Looks to me that Australia has some work to do.
>
> Sanjiv Karmarkar

Australia, UK and USA have plenty of work to do.

Jena six juveniles in Lousiana were charged with attempted murder as adults
for beating up a white student until a national uproar forced the prosecutor
to reduce the charges.

This is in year 2007.

Mango

Oct 29, 2007, 3:50:24 AM10/29/07

"dechucka" <dech...@vomithotmail.com> wrote in message

Racism is a particular form of prejudice based on race. Prejudice can be
based on lots of things. It is ludicrous to describe racism just as
something that whites do, as the OP implies. I agree with the rest of what
you've written.

Mango

Oct 29, 2007, 3:53:06 AM10/29/07

"Mango" <Fake...@wherever.com> wrote in message

Of course I agree with you, I've just answered two posts in one go. Sorry
if its confused anyone. The comments on racism are directed at Sanjiv, and
I agree with what Dechuka wrote. Maybe its because we have been influenced
by Australian culture.

Ærchie

Oct 29, 2007, 4:07:14 AM10/29/07
The curfew had been lifted and the gamblin' wheel shut down, Anyone with
any sense had already left town. Yet CricketLeague was standin' in the
doorway saying:

So monkey chants are the normal language of India?

Bellybuttons are for holding chocolate sauce to dip strawberries in

Totaltully

Oct 29, 2007, 9:22:36 AM10/29/07
On Oct 29, 12:50 am, "Mango" <Fakem...@wherever.com> wrote:
> "dechucka" <dechu...@vomithotmail.com> wrote in message
>
>]

> Racism is a particular form of prejudice based on race. Prejudice can be
> based on lots of things. It is ludicrous to describe racism just as
> something that whites do, as the OP implies. I agree with the rest of what
> you've written.

This is not implied - many races practice racism, whites amongst them.

Spaceman Spiff

Oct 29, 2007, 12:49:27 PM10/29/07
Totaltully <bpa...@gmail.com> wrote:
[snip]

> The fundamental point of racism is that it is a combination of power
> and ridicule used by the majority against a minority.

not necessarily by majority vs minority.
the key word here is "power".

--
stay cool,
Spaceman Spiff

get your own damn grateful dead lyrics.
http://arts.ucsc.edu/gdead/agdl/

Diggler

Oct 29, 2007, 6:08:02 PM10/29/07
> A monkey chant in a different cultural context would mean a lot.
Does
> calling Inzy a potato or gatting a pig constitute racism? Calling Inzy
> a pig might be baiting his religious sensibilities. The concept of
> comparing black/negroid features to apes is not common in India
> (though there is a strong population of folks with black/negroid
> features). Please keep this discusion civil - you are showing up your
> own lack of intellect with your language

My language is excellent, don't be clutching at straws to gain a self-
perceived upper hand.

Calling Inzy a pig is only culturally significant because most Pakis
are muslims, so when religion has nothing to do with monkey chants
(and likening black people to monkeys was the obvious inference) i
really can't figure out where your point is. What is it?

Diggler

Oct 29, 2007, 6:10:06 PM10/29/07
> Check these links and you will know why a monkey chant isnost:http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2006/06/20/1667739.htmhttp://www.vidzest.com/media/10/Boy_with_a_Tail_in_India_Believed_to_...

> It's a crazy country, its mine, its not racist and im proud of it
> warts and all.

Are you for real? You can't seriously believe that the existence of a
monkey god changes the obvious inference a monkey chant makes. No
credibility

Diggler

Oct 29, 2007, 6:12:54 PM10/29/07

If anyone racially abuses me i laugh at them - they're not worth one
second's thought. Yes i might be offended but in the whole scheme of
things, it changes nothing, it means nothing, as to me they are
nothing. Every society has a few losers in it, they're not going to
bring the rest of us down, are they?

CricketLeague

Oct 30, 2007, 2:35:49 AM10/30/07

"dechucka" <dech...@vomithotmail.com> wrote in message

RACIST dechuka,

I know that. I am asking you to condemn your Austrlaian players' RACISM.

Australian, England, SA and Newzealand cricket fans' RACISM is SHOCKING and
UNBELIEVABLE.

Not even one of them condemned Australian players racism YET.

You attacked India mercilessly for making monkey noises which was general
harassment and not racist but you kept quiet and in fact snipped all the
comments like a hypocritic racist when australian players racism was exposed
by cricket columnist Malcolm Knox who watched it first hand.

I am still waiting for you to comment about Australian players calling
Indians "niggers" and then using their feet to wake up homeless poor people
to take snaps.

Only Ku Klux Klan racists like you, Rodney Ulyate, alvey, will_s, Andrew
Dunford, Phil, Wog George can justify this abhorrent racist behaviour of
Australian players.

From Malcolm Knox's cricket column:

When I wrote about the Indians who felt shut out of Australian
cricket, I was taken to task for "inventing" trouble where none
existed. Yet I'd seen racism with my own eyes. On a tour to India, I
heard two Australian cricketers call the locals "niggers". I saw
Australian cricketers coming across Indians sleeping on a railway
platform in Jamshedpur and nudging them awake with their feet in order
to take a happy snap.

CricketLeague

Oct 30, 2007, 2:37:24 AM10/30/07

"dechucka" <dech...@vomithotmail.com> wrote in message

Racist dechuka,

Stop bullshitting and post a comment about Australian players calling
Indians NIGGERS and waking up
homeless people on a railway platform with their feet and taking happy
snaps.

CricketLeague

CricketLeague

Oct 30, 2007, 2:38:55 AM10/30/07

"Mango" <Fake...@wherever.com> wrote in message

CricketLeague

Oct 30, 2007, 2:41:45 AM10/30/07

"dechucka" <dech...@vomithotmail.com> wrote in message

Racist stupid dickhead. Go back to school and take some english and history
lessons.

Australian, England, SA and Newzealand cricket fans' RACISM is SHOCKING and
UNBELIEVABLE.

Not even one of them condemned Australian players racism YET.

I am still waiting for you to comment about Australian players calling
Indians "niggers" and then using their feet to wake up homeless poor people
to take snaps.

Only Ku Klux Klan racists like you, Rodney Ulyate, alvey, will_s, Andrew
Dunford, Phil, Wog George can justify this abhorrent racist behaviour of
Australian players.

From Malcolm Knox's cricket column:

When I wrote about the Indians who felt shut out of Australian
cricket, I was taken to task for "inventing" trouble where none
existed. Yet I'd seen racism with my own eyes. On a tour to India, I
heard two Australian cricketers call the locals "niggers". I saw
Australian cricketers coming across Indians sleeping on a railway
platform in Jamshedpur and nudging them awake with their feet in order
to take a happy snap.

CricketLeague

Oct 30, 2007, 2:44:25 AM10/30/07

"Diggler" <dnarm...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Stupid racist dickhead Diggler,

Making monkey noises has different meanings in different cultures. It is
racist in Australia but not racist in India.

CricketLeague

Oct 30, 2007, 2:48:36 AM10/30/07

> > A monkey chant in a different cultural context would mean a lot.
> Does
>> calling Inzy a potato or gatting a pig constitute racism? Calling Inzy
>> a pig might be baiting his religious sensibilities. The concept of
>> comparing black/negroid features to apes is not common in India
>> (though there is a strong population of folks with black/negroid
>> features). Please keep this discusion civil - you are showing up your
>> own lack of intellect with your language
>

> My language is excellent, don't be clutching at straws to gain a self-
> perceived upper hand.

Idiot,

It is you who is clutching at straws to gain a self perceived upper hand.

> Calling Inzy a pig is only culturally significant because most Pakis
> are muslims, so when religion has nothing to do with monkey chants
> (and likening black people to monkeys was the obvious inference)

Your racist mind is making it an obvious reference.

> really can't figure out where your point is. What is it?

Indian crowd making monkey noises is not racist while Australians making
monkey noises at blacks and browns is racist because of cultural
differences, race differences and other local customs and practices in

CricketLeague

Oct 30, 2007, 2:50:18 AM10/30/07

"Ærchie" <arch...@pphotmail.com> wrote in message

Chants are not normal "language".

STOP all this bullshit and condemn your austrlaian players DISGUSTING RACISM
of calling Indians NIGGERS and waking up sleeping homeless people on the
railway platform with their feet to take happy snaps.

Australian, England, SA and Newzealand cricket fans' RACISM is SHOCKING and
UNBELIEVABLE.

Not even one of them condemned Australian players racism YET.

I am still waiting for you to comment about Australian players calling
Indians "niggers" and then using their feet to wake up homeless poor people
to take snaps.

Only Ku Klux Klan racists like you, Rodney Ulyate, alvey, will_s, Andrew
Dunford, Phil, Wog George can justify this abhorrent racist behaviour of
Australian players.

From Malcolm Knox's cricket column:

When I wrote about the Indians who felt shut out of Australian
cricket, I was taken to task for "inventing" trouble where none
existed. Yet I'd seen racism with my own eyes. On a tour to India, I
heard two Australian cricketers call the locals "niggers". I saw
Australian cricketers coming across Indians sleeping on a railway
platform in Jamshedpur and nudging them awake with their feet in order
to take a happy snap.

CricketLeague

Oct 30, 2007, 2:51:09 AM10/30/07

> this whole issue of racism is such a storm in a tea-cup - a way of
> journos generating interest in the upcoming series. when it comes down
> to it, a few monkey chants sounds absolutely horrible (and the
> culprits should be banned for a few years), but no one with a right
> mind would suggest that india has a serious racism problem. it's just
> a few idiots in the crowd. likewise, australia.. except i think
> queensland and nsw might have issues between caucasians, lebanese and
> muslims that really need to be dealt with, words are words and darren
> lehmann would never disrespect a coloured individual. conn's article
> was a joke.

Racist Diggler,

CricketLeague

Oct 30, 2007, 2:52:07 AM10/30/07

"Diggler" <dnarm...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Racist dickhead Diggler,

STOP all this bullshit and CONDEMN Austrlian players' DISGUSTING RACISM.

dechucka

Oct 30, 2007, 2:14:19 AM10/30/07

"CricketLeague" <Cricket...@USA.com> wrote in message

any racism by any player or person is condemned by me, what about you?

dechucka

Oct 30, 2007, 2:15:23 AM10/30/07

"CricketLeague" <Cricket...@USA.com> wrote in message

snip

I thought not

CricketLeague

CricketLeague

Dave (SA)

Oct 30, 2007, 2:56:32 AM10/30/07
On Oct 28, 1:20 pm, Larry De Silva <larrydesi...@NOSPAMozemail.com.au>
wrote:

> Mango wrote:
> > "Totaltully" <bpa...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> >> What you need to know is that a few monkey chants against Symonds does
> >> not constitute racism. Period.
>
> > Yes it does.
>
> So does aiming a banana at Murali by one of Alvey's racist mates in
> Brisbane a couple of years ago..................
>
> Lazza

> > For someone claiming to be pious about
> >> racism, it is important to understand this distinction. This wasn't
> >> the intention of my post, although perspective has been lacking in the
> >> aussie press coverage.
> >> \
>
> > The Aussie press is no different to any other free press. They tell the
> > paying customers what they want to hear. They have perspective, although
> > its different to yours and mine

In Sydney the crowd chucked a roast chicken at Pat Symcox. What were
they calling him?

dechucka

Oct 30, 2007, 2:59:37 AM10/30/07

"CricketLeague" <Cricket...@USA.com> wrote in message

I fan Australian player is racist then I condemn them just like I would any
player from any country.

Easy concept

snip

Rodney Ulyate

Oct 30, 2007, 6:50:03 AM10/30/07
Dechucka roared:

> "Rodney Ulyate" <rodney...@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> Totaltully defined:
>>> The fundamental point of racism is that it is a combination of power
>>> and ridicule used by the majority against a minority.
>> 'Twas the other way 'round in South Africa.
> how dare you bring facts into this argument

<runs away, whimpering loudly, with tail between legs>

--
Rodney Ulyate

"The crack of bat against ball amid that humming and buzzing of summer
sound is still to me a note of pure joy that raised memories of friends
and happy days."
Lady Baldwin

Rodney Ulyate

Oct 30, 2007, 7:00:14 AM10/30/07
Dechucka inquired:

> "CricketLeague" <Cricket...@USA.com> wrote in message

>> "dechucka" <dech...@vomithotmail.com> wrote in message

>>> "Rodney Ulyate" <rodney...@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>> how dare you bring facts into this argument
>> Why dechuka ?
>> The minority whites rules majority blacks in South Africa until very
>> recently.
> really so you are claiming a minority can be racist against a majority

Are you claiming that it cannot?

--
Rodney Ulyate

"This is like dying and going to heaven."
Borris Karloff, looking down from the balcony at Lord's

Sanjiv Karmarkar

Oct 30, 2007, 9:29:22 AM10/30/07

You are being extraordinarily naive here. We are not talking about
some comments directed at someone in passing; we can argue if those
can be shrugged off. We are talking about the systematic and systemic
bias against players simply because of their ethnic origins. When the
system discriminates against players of Indian decent, you are
actually taking away their ability to compete in a fair environment
and be successful; and in some cases you might be taking away their
means of earning and enhancing their livelihood. That's simply
unforgivable and uncivilized. I mean, c'mon guys this is 21st century
for crissake.

And if you somehow find ways to justify that and laugh it off, you owe
yourself some serious self-assessment. You don't really want to go
through your life with that mindset.

Sanjiv Karmarkar

Diggler

Oct 30, 2007, 7:09:12 PM10/30/07
> Indian crowd making monkey noises is not racist while Australians making
> monkey noises at blacks and browns is racist because of cultural
> differences, race differences and other local customs and practices in
> India.

Well you've made your point beautifully there! If that's not the
definition of double standards, then i don't know what could possibly
be a more accurate one.

Non-Indians aren't stupid enough to believe that those racist Indians
didn't understand what they were doing - it's as plain as day with the
fact that it was only directed at Australia's one black player - so
trying to patronise us by going with that defense is non-sensical.
That's more insulting than the monkey chants themselves.

CricketLeague

Oct 30, 2007, 9:22:39 PM10/30/07

"dechucka" <dech...@vomithotmail.com> wrote in message

Racist dechuka,

Australian, England, SA and Newzealand cricket fans' RACISM is SHOCKING and
UNBELIEVABLE.

Not even one of them condemned Australian players racism YET.

I am still waiting for you to comment about Australian players calling
Indians "NIGGERS" and then using their RACIST FEET to WAKE UP homeless poor
people
to take snaps.

Only Ku Klux Klan racists like you, Rodney Ulyate, alvey, will_s, Andrew

Dunford, Phil, Wog George can justify this abhorrent racist behaviour of
Australian players.

From Malcolm Knox's cricket column:

When I wrote about the Indians who felt shut out of Australian
cricket, I was taken to task for "inventing" trouble where none
existed. Yet I'd seen racism with my own eyes. On a tour to India, I
heard two Australian cricketers call the locals "niggers". I saw
Australian cricketers coming across Indians sleeping on a railway
platform in Jamshedpur and nudging them awake with their feet in order
to take a happy snap.

CricketLeague

CricketLeague

Oct 30, 2007, 9:27:34 PM10/30/07

Ku Klux Klan president Rodney Ulyate,

Isnt single digit IQed RACIST dechuka your INTELLIGENT LOVER ??

LOL......

Australian, England, SA and Newzealand cricket fans' RACISM is SHOCKING and
UNBELIEVABLE.

Not even one of them condemned Australian players racism YET.

I am still waiting for you to comment about Australian players calling
Indians "niggers" and then using their feet to wake up homeless poor people
to take snaps.

Only Ku Klux Klan racists like you, dechuka, Dave Turner, alvey, will_s,
Andrew
Dunford, Phil, Wog George, Erchie, Diggler, Mike Holmans, max.it can justify

this abhorrent racist behaviour of
Australian players.

From Malcolm Knox's cricket column:

When I wrote about the Indians who felt shut out of Australian
cricket, I was taken to task for "inventing" trouble where none
existed. Yet I'd seen racism with my own eyes. On a tour to India, I
heard two Australian cricketers call the locals "niggers". I saw
Australian cricketers coming across Indians sleeping on a railway
platform in Jamshedpur and nudging them awake with their feet in order
to take a happy snap.

CricketLeague

Oct 30, 2007, 9:43:48 PM10/30/07

>> Indian crowd making monkey noises is not racist while Australians making
>> monkey noises at blacks and browns is racist because of cultural
>> differences, race differences and other local customs and practices in
>> India.
>>

> Well you've made your point beautifully there! If that's not the
> definition of double standards, then i don't know what could possibly
> be a more accurate one.

RACIST Moron Diggler,

Go enroll in English and history courses before farting all over internet
again.

> Non-Indians aren't stupid enough to believe that those racist Indians
> didn't understand what they were doing - it's as plain as day with the
> fact that it was only directed at Australia's one black player - so
> trying to patronise us by going with that defense is non-sensical.
> That's more insulting than the monkey chants themselves.

Indians are DUMB and STUPIDFUCKS unlike the CUNNING Australian, England and
NewZealanders to post a zillion comments attacking the Indian crowd for
making monkey noises while keeping quiet in threads with AUSTRALIAN RACISM
EXPOSED.

Here is the proof.

In threads posted by the Australian RACIST FUCKS alvey, will_s etc Indians
posted a zilliion comments

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.sport.cricket/browse_frm/thread/8aa805af80d6edcd/d5f058e592586bd8?lnk=gst&q=racist+indian+fucks#d5f058e592586bd8

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.sport.cricket/browse_frm/thread/f143511622bacead/ede91aa83ad23d71?lnk=gst&q=would+it+be+all+right#ede91aa83ad23d71

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.sport.cricket/browse_frm/thread/79aea9a879939606/3eeb247032ea29e6?lnk=gst&q=andrew+symonds+subjected+to+more#3eeb247032ea29e6

And in threads where AUSTRALIAN RACISM is EXPOSED, only two Indians posted
and the rest of the STUPIDFUCK SLAVISH INDIANS kept quiet.

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.sport.cricket/msg/78becb2b462a18a5

I wish Indians have the SAME CUNNING as YOU AUSTRALIAN, ENGLAND, NEWZEALAND
and SOUTH AFRICAN RACISTS.

**MattO**

Oct 30, 2007, 9:55:04 PM10/30/07
On Oct 28, 10:20 pm, Larry De Silva

<larrydesi...@NOSPAMozemail.com.au> wrote:

> So does aiming a banana at Murali by one of Alvey's racist mates in
> Brisbane a couple of years ago..................
>
> Lazza

What about the bomb threats to Craig McDermott and Ian Healy?

Ian Thorpe

Oct 30, 2007, 11:29:47 PM10/30/07

"**MattO**" <mat...@rleague.com> wrote in message

Racism is different from threats. Please refer to Australian English
dictionary.

Rodney Ulyate

Nov 1, 2007, 10:08:29 AM11/1/07
Sanjiv Karmarkar clarified:
> [...] We are talking about the systematic and systemic bias

Excuse my linguistic pedantry, but aren't they exactly the same thing?

--
Rodney Ulyate

"Nobody is so soon forgotten as a successful cricketer."
Ranji

The White Patriot

Nov 1, 2007, 5:03:27 PM11/1/07
BOO HOO!! Idiot egalitarians are the problem. Morons that want to be equal
to savage halfhumans are the problem.

CricketLeague

Nov 1, 2007, 6:33:15 PM11/1/07

"The White Patriot" <curtis_...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> BOO HOO!! Idiot egalitarians are the problem. Morons that want to be
> equal
> to savage halfhumans are the problem.

Australian, England, SA and Newzealand cricket fans' RACISM is SHOCKING and
UNBELIEVABLE.

Not even one of them condemned Australian players racism YET.

I am still waiting for you to comment about Australian players calling
Indians "NIGGERS" and then using their RACIST FEET to WAKE UP homeless poor
people to take snaps.

Only Ku Klux Klan racists like you, Rodney Ulyate, alvey, will_s, Andrew

Dunford, Phil, Wog George, Mike Holmans, Erchie, Mango, Ernest_the_sheep,
Dave Turner,
Fish Womper can justify this abhorrent racist behaviour of
Australian players.

From Malcolm Knox's cricket column:

http://sport.guardian.co.uk/cricket/story/0,10069,878108,00.html

Sanjiv Karmarkar

Nov 1, 2007, 11:01:59 PM11/1/07
On Nov 1, 9:08 am, Rodney Ulyate <rodney.uly...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Sanjiv Karmarkar clarified:
>
> > [...] We are talking about the systematic and systemic bias
>
> Excuse my linguistic pedantry, but aren't they exactly the same thing?

No.

Systematic = organized, methodical
Systemic = complete, prevalent in the entire system

Sanjiv Karmarkar

Cicero

Nov 2, 2007, 5:25:26 AM11/2/07

"CricketLeague" <Cricket...@USA.com> wrote in message

Can you get a new angle. This has become boring, repetitive and just plain
puerile. We are not racist- we don't appreciate fools though.

Rodney Ulyate

Nov 2, 2007, 6:04:20 AM11/2/07
Sanjiv Karmarkar rejoinded:

Ah.

--
Rodney Ulyate

"Now, now, children! No naughty words!"
Keith Miller to rival captains Hutton and Johnson, locked in an
argument about bowlers' footmarks in 1954/55

Fred

Nov 2, 2007, 6:23:31 AM11/2/07
On 2 Nov, 09:25, "Cicero" <moofi...@bigpond.net.au> wrote:
> Can you get a new angle. This has become boring, repetitive and just plain
> puerile. We are not racist- we don't appreciate fools though.

Boring, repetitive & puerile indeed.

Knox's original article is very interesting. I've never been to
Australia so I don't know if it's a fair reflection, but I do find it
quite compelling. Obviously some Australians are racist as are some
Englishmen, Indians and indeed some from any country you care to
mention. Racism is, sadly, to be found all over the world. I'm
certainly personally aware of all sorts of racist attitudes that can
be found among some cricketers in England. This is all deplorable.
Darren Lehmann's comments are the sort that make my blood run cold.

The crowds chants at Symonds in Vadodara may or may not have been
motivated by racism, I don't know, but it is clear that they *could*
(and indeed probably would) be seen as racist to a western audience
where monkey chants have a long and vile racist history. Perhaps it
was cultural insensitivity rather than racism, but it was certainly
unacceptable.

Two things strike me as absurd here. First, the trick of moral
equivalence - it will not do to say that there can be no criticism of
events in Vadodara when there is still racism in the countries of the
critics. That some Australians have been reprehensible for racist
behaviour does not mean that it is acceptable for others to make
monkey chants at Andrew Symonds.

Secondly, to respond to accusations of Indians being racist at
Vadodara by hurling abuse at all and sundry making accusations of
racism at all sorts of posters and associating them with the KKK, and
to post the same material again and again, cross posted to a plethora
of newsgroups is inappropriate to say the least. Abusing others
because you take offence at others criticising one's compatriots for,
er, abusing others means that CricketLeague has lost any access to the
moral highground pretty quickly...

These absurdities aside, there's a more obvious point to make.
CricketLeague's rants look, to me, like trolls. I suspect that most
reasonable posters from Oz, SA, NZ & England will read CricketLeague's
posts and decide it's best not to feed the troll. Assuming that
silence from Oz, SA, NZ & England is tacit approval of any anti Indian
racism is foolish - it's much more likely to be a sign that they see
CricketLeague as ranting and that they don't desire being abused
themselves and added to his list of KKK members...

I'm sorry to rsc for responding to this and potentially extending this
thread's shelf life. I probably shouldn't have taken the bait...

Mike Holmans

Nov 2, 2007, 8:26:38 AM11/2/07
On Fri, 02 Nov 2007 03:23:31 -0700, Fred <longh...@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>These absurdities aside, there's a more obvious point to make.
>CricketLeague's rants look, to me, like trolls. I suspect that most
>reasonable posters from Oz, SA, NZ & England will read CricketLeague's
>posts

Actually, most reasonable posters from those places put CricketLeague
in the bozo bin ages ago and thus never even see his posts.

>and decide it's best not to feed the troll. Assuming that
>silence from Oz, SA, NZ & England is tacit approval of any anti Indian
>racism is foolish - it's much more likely to be a sign that they see
>CricketLeague as ranting and that they don't desire being abused
>themselves and added to his list of KKK members...

With appropriate allowance for never even seeing his posts in the
first place...

Cheers,

Mike

David Singh

Nov 2, 2007, 3:59:29 PM11/2/07

"Mike Holmans" <mi...@jackalope.demon.co.uk> wrote in message

Mike Holmans,

You bashed Indian crowd at Vadodara ground to be racist for making chants
but didnt post a single comment about Australian players racism of calling
Indians "niggers".

I am posting this link since obviously you haven't read CretinLeagues
comments.

David Singh

Nov 2, 2007, 4:04:09 PM11/2/07

"Fred" <longh...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Fred,

I agree with you about CretinLeagues boring repetitious posts but I am also
shocked that not even one of rsc posters commented about Austrlaian players

racism of calling Indians "niggers".

The same rsc posters bashed Indian crowd for making monkey chants which was
not racist as per Indian culture.

In contrast Whites calling colored people "niggers" is universally accepted
as unequivocal racsim.

It is the double standards and hypocrisy of these rsc posters that is
shocking to put it mildly.

CricketLeague

Nov 2, 2007, 4:09:57 PM11/2/07

"Rodney Ulyate" <rodney...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Ku Klux Klan (KKK) president Rodney Ulyate,

Hopefully you will STOP making fun of others' English now.

By the way, I am still waiting for you to comment about Australian players
calling Indians
"NIGGERS" and then using their RACIST STINKY FEET to wake up homeless poor
Indians to take
HAPPY SNAPS.

Only Ku Klux Klan racists like you, alvey, will_s, Andrew
Dunford, Phil, Wog George, Mango, Erchie, Ernest_the_sheep, Fish Womper
Dave Turner, Darkfalz, Mike Holmans, dechuka can justify this abhorrent

racist behaviour of
Australian players.

From Malcolm Knox's cricket column:

http://sport.guardian.co.uk/cricket/story/0,10069,878108,00.html

When I wrote about the Indians who felt shut out of Australian
cricket, I was taken to task for "inventing" trouble where none
existed. Yet I'd seen racism with my own eyes. On a tour to India, I
heard two Australian cricketers call the locals "niggers". I saw
Australian cricketers coming across Indians sleeping on a railway
platform in Jamshedpur and nudging them awake with their feet in order
to take a happy snap.

Fred

Nov 2, 2007, 3:57:36 PM11/2/07
On 2 Nov, 20:04, "David Singh" <DavidSingh999_removet...@yahoo.com>
wrote:
> "Fred" <longhop2...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

I think you're being a little unfair.

Most reasonable "white" rsc posters will have been appalled at the
reports of an Australian using that language. Just because they
didn't post doesn't mean they condone it. I didn't post, but I
certainly don't condone it.

If it emerged that an English player spoke in that way I'd be
disgusted and deeply disappointed.

Perhaps people like me sometimes take attitudes for granted - it seems
so self evident that that sort of language is unacceptable that I
don't usually feel the need to post about it, just as I wouldn't
normally feel the need to post about the monkey chants since, whether
the intention was racist or not, that sort of thing is clearly
unacceptable. I've only posted now because I'm now thoroughly bored
of CL spamming us with the same post again and again...

David Singh

Nov 2, 2007, 5:03:44 PM11/2/07

"Fred" <longh...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

I am very fair and always fair.

> Most reasonable "white" rsc posters will have been appalled at the
> reports of an Australian using that language. Just because they
> didn't post doesn't mean they condone it. I didn't post, but I
> certainly don't condone it.

I myself responded to attacks from a lot of rsc fans from Eng and Aus
explaining to them that Indian crowd making monkey chants at Vadodara was
harassment but not racist. But I have not seen any of the same posters
will_s, Holmans, alvey to name a few condemn the racism of australian
players calling Indians "niggers".

http://sport.guardian.co.uk/cricket/story/0,10069,878108,00.html

> If it emerged that an English player spoke in that way I'd be
> disgusted and deeply disappointed.
>
> Perhaps people like me sometimes take attitudes for granted - it seems
> so self evident that that sort of language is unacceptable that I
> don't usually feel the need to post about it, just as I wouldn't
> normally feel the need to post about the monkey chants since, whether
> the intention was racist or not, that sort of thing is clearly
> unacceptable. I've only posted now because I'm now thoroughly bored
> of CL spamming us with the same post again and again...

Though I dont like CretinLeague spamming this newsgroup he does have a point
in his comments.

Rodney Ulyate

Nov 2, 2007, 4:53:10 PM11/2/07
Fred offered:

> I think you're being a little unfair.
> Most reasonable "white" rsc posters will have been appalled at the
> reports of an Australian using that language. Just because they
> didn't post doesn't mean they condone it. I didn't post, but I
> certainly don't condone it.
> If it emerged that an English player spoke in that way I'd be
> disgusted and deeply disappointed.
> Perhaps people like me sometimes take attitudes for granted - it seems
> so self evident that that sort of language is unacceptable that I
> don't usually feel the need to post about it, just as I wouldn't
> normally feel the need to post about the monkey chants since, whether
> the intention was racist or not, that sort of thing is clearly
> unacceptable. I've only posted now because I'm now thoroughly bored
> of CL spamming us with the same post again and again...

You're still talking to CL, Fred. His identities are legion.

--
Rodney Ulyate

"Cricket? It civilises people and creates good gentlemen. I want
everyone to play cricket in Zimbabwe. I want ours to be a nation of
gentlemen."
Bob Mugabe

David Singh

Nov 2, 2007, 6:14:22 PM11/2/07

> Fred offered:
>> I think you're being a little unfair.
>> Most reasonable "white" rsc posters will have been appalled at the
>> reports of an Australian using that language. Just because they
>> didn't post doesn't mean they condone it. I didn't post, but I
>> certainly don't condone it.
>> If it emerged that an English player spoke in that way I'd be
>> disgusted and deeply disappointed.
>> Perhaps people like me sometimes take attitudes for granted - it seems
>> so self evident that that sort of language is unacceptable that I
>> don't usually feel the need to post about it, just as I wouldn't
>> normally feel the need to post about the monkey chants since, whether
>> the intention was racist or not, that sort of thing is clearly
>> unacceptable. I've only posted now because I'm now thoroughly bored
>> of CL spamming us with the same post again and again...
>
> You're still talking to CL, Fred. His identities are legion.
>
> --
> Rodney Ulyate

Rodney Ulyate,

You keep revealing our multiple personality disorder to the public. You are
my other personality and you are not supposed to argue with me as per
instructions from our psychiatrist. Remember Ed Norton in the movie Primal
fear. I am the "dominant" perosnality and you are the "submissive" one. I
have
to drag you to our psychitrist this weekend to straighten up your
personality
or I will have to beat the crap out of your cry baby submissive personality.

Systematic and Systemic.

CricketLeague

Nov 2, 2007, 6:27:29 PM11/2/07

"Rodney Ulyate" <rodney...@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Fred offered:
>> I think you're being a little unfair.
>> Most reasonable "white" rsc posters will have been appalled at the
>> reports of an Australian using that language. Just because they
>> didn't post doesn't mean they condone it. I didn't post, but I
>> certainly don't condone it.
>> If it emerged that an English player spoke in that way I'd be
>> disgusted and deeply disappointed.
>> Perhaps people like me sometimes take attitudes for granted - it seems
>> so self evident that that sort of language is unacceptable that I
>> don't usually feel the need to post about it, just as I wouldn't
>> normally feel the need to post about the monkey chants since, whether
>> the intention was racist or not, that sort of thing is clearly
>> unacceptable. I've only posted now because I'm now thoroughly bored
>> of CL spamming us with the same post again and again...
>
> You're still talking to CL, Fred. His identities are legion.
>
> --
> Rodney Ulyate

Ku Klux Klan (KKK) president Rodney Ulyate,

Duane Chapman is a prime candidate for you to lure him into your Ku Klux
Klan organization if he is not a member already.

You gotta watch this "AUDIO TAPE" of Duane Chapman racially abusing NIGGERS
and even "mexican women".

Bounty Hunter Duane Chapman SPEWS VENOM on "NIGGERS"

http://streamme.tv/chapman.php

http://www.reuters.com/article/peopleNews/idUSN0122488920071101

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - TV crime-fighter Duane "Dog" Chapman has prompted a
cable network to stop production on his show after a private phone call in
which he used a racial slur was posted on the Internet.

Honolulu-based Chapman, 54, stars in the A&E cable show "Dog the Bounty
Hunter" broadcast in more than 10 countries.

"We take this matter very seriously," A&E said in a statement on Thursday.
"Pending an investigation, we have suspended production on the series. When
the inquiry is concluded, we will take appropriate action."

In the conversation posted on The National Enquirer tabloid's Web site,
Chapman tells his son Tucker he does not want the young man dating a black
woman and uses the epithet "n-----" to describe her.

Chapman, who says he is a devout Christian, apologized in a statement and
said he was disappointed in himself. He vowed to do whatever he could to
repair the damage he had caused.

"My sincerest, heartfelt apologies go out to every person I have offended
for my regrettable use of very inappropriate language," said Chapman, whose
long blond hair and leather wardrobe helped to make him a TV hit.

The show follows Chapman and his "posse" as they chase down people who skip
bail and fail to show up in court.

http://www.hogonice.com/2007/11/the_day_dog_chapmans_career_en.html

The Day Dog Chapman's Career Ended
Someone Even Don Imus Can Call "Dumbass"

I can't believe the Duane "Dog the Bounty Hunter" Mess. Months ago, I wrote
about how he impressed me as a person, and how moved I was by some of the
things he said on his show. And here he is on tape, calling his son's
girlfriend a nigger.

Lordy.

My opinion of him started to decline some time ago. Even when I was writing
the piece praising his show, I wondered if I was being taken in by a
jailhouse con artist. After all, this guy admits he used to be a dirtbag,
and prison inmates are known for the quality of their BS.

One thing that bothered me was his Mexican situation. He was supposedly in
danger of being extradited to Mexico and forced to serve time for kidnapping
an American scumbag hiding in that country. It sounded like a genuine
predicament at first, but the lawyer in me took over, and I started to
wonder if he fully expected to be excused (he was), and whether he ginned
the whole thing up as a publicity exercise. There was no way for me to find
out without doing legal research, and that's work, so you can guess what my
decision was.

Also, I was put off my his merchandising approach. I bought a T-shirt from
him, and I kept getting spam after spam, pleading for money and pushing me
to buy more crap. It just didn't jibe with his image as a sincere guy.

Now we have him on tape, telling his son he can't work for him because his
girlfriend is threatening to tape him using racial slurs (he was clearly
right about that; she's obviously the source of the tape). If he had said,
"I can't keep some of the employees from talking that way, and this girl
will get us in trouble," I could understand, but Dog himself calls her "a
f___ing nigger," which is proof that he thinks that term is acceptable.

One the one hand, I had my doubts about this guy already, and this doesn't
help his case. On the other, I tend to suspect that this has more to do with
a lack of class than intense racism.

A lot of people in this country who are probably not hardcore racists use
the word "nigger" all the time. Their excuse is that some black people
deserve to be called niggers. It works like this. Oprah is a black person or
an African-American or whatever she wants to be called, because she obeys
the law and has morals. OJ Simpson, however, is a nigger because he murdered
two people.

I don't understand it. It's a stupid, stupid position. Idiotic. You don't
call people that. It's dehumanizing, not just to the person you're talking
about, but to their entire race. It implies that there are human beings, who
deserve one standard of treatment, and then there are subhumans who are
presumed to deserve a lower standard of treatment, until they prove they
deserve the same regard as humans.

It's a lower-class thing, mainly. Something to help lower-class people feel
like there is someone out there lower than they are. "I may clean a rich
white guy's toilet, but at least I'm not black. In fact, I'm a complete
piece of crap. But I'm still special and important. Because...I'm not
black."

I think people with this attitude don't see themselves as hostile to black
people, and they're willing to accept the fact that many black people are
fine individuals as good as themselves. I suppose they're fairer than many
racists, and it's probably not correct to judge them by the same standard as
a Hitler or a Farrakhan. But they're wrong, and it's not a trivial thing.
There is never a good reason to call anyone a nigger. Never, never, never. I
don't care if he shot your whole family. Bad acts can't turn a human being
into a nigger. Regardless of what people like Chapman and Senator Robert
Byrd say.

I have relatives with this attitude. Sadly, I consider it an improvement
over their previous stances. I am from Eastern Kentucky, and I have never
seen racism anywhere--not ANYWHERE--as bad as it is in Appalachia. You can
walk into a room there and say, "Let's go kill all the niggers!", and
chances are good that everyone will think that's a pretty funny joke. North
Carolina is the same way. Many areas in the South are not.

Anyway, my guess is, Dog Chapman was born into a certain class, and he's
stuck there. Everyone around him has always talked this way, and maybe he
doesn't see the word "nigger" as inherently hostile and poisonous. Maybe
he's not a horrible guy. But he needs to knock it off. Not just when the
cameras roll. All the time.

His career is over for at least five years, and it will never be what it was
before this incident. Look what this stupid, worthless word cost him. And
the crazy thing is, it would have cost him nothing to quit using it, and the
use of the word carried no benefit.

Sanjiv Karmarkar

Nov 2, 2007, 5:28:23 PM11/2/07
On Nov 2, 5:23 am, Fred <longhop2...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Knox's original article is very interesting. I've never been to
> Australia so I don't know if it's a fair reflection, but I do find it
> quite compelling. Obviously some Australians are racist as are some
> Englishmen, Indians and indeed some from any country you care to
> mention. Racism is, sadly, to be found all over the world. I'm
> certainly personally aware of all sorts of racist attitudes that can
> be found among some cricketers in England. This is all deplorable.

Of course there are racist and classist people all over the world.
But the true test of a civilized society is its level of tolerance for
such behavior. I'm telling you, here in NA, if an athlete acted or
spoke like Lehmann did, he would get in heaps of trouble; quite
possibly his career will be destroyed. At a minimum, there would be a
substantial financial loss. Over the last 10 -15 years, I have seen
several careers destroyed because of insensitive racist comments. So
saying that racist people exist everywhere is a copout. My concern is
the apparent high tolerance of such behavior down under.

> Darren Lehmann's comments are the sort that make my blood run cold.

Indeed, as does the behavior of Australian players in India or the
discrimination faced by players of Indian ancestry in Australia - if
Knox is to be believed that is and I have no reason to doubt him.
Those episodes are a lot more condemnable than Lehmann's comments.
Lehmann's comments could be dismissed as rantings of one idiot, but
the other two are symptomatic of a graver and systemic problem.

> Two things strike me as absurd here. First, the trick of moral
> equivalence - it will not do to say that there can be no criticism of
> events in Vadodara when there is still racism in the countries of the
> critics. That some Australians have been reprehensible for racist
> behaviour does not mean that it is acceptable for others to make
> monkey chants at Andrew Symonds.

Has anyone made that argument? I read only a subset of posts, but I
did not read anyone make that leap of faux-logic.

> Secondly, to respond to accusations of Indians being racist at
> Vadodara by hurling abuse at all and sundry making accusations of
> racism at all sorts of posters and associating them with the KKK, and
> to post the same material again and again, cross posted to a plethora
> of newsgroups is inappropriate to say the least.

Has more than one poster done that? Using example of one poster to
paint everyone with a broad brush might be convenient, but it's
abhorrent.

And why are you guys talking so much about one poster? Why not use
that energy to talk about the specific points in Knox's piece? Who
knows, you might be the Peter Benenson of 2007! :-)

Sanjiv Karmarkar

Sanjiv Karmarkar

Nov 2, 2007, 5:34:55 PM11/2/07
On Nov 2, 2:57 pm, Fred <longhop2...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Most reasonable "white" rsc posters will have been appalled at the
> reports of an Australian using that language. Just because they
> didn't post doesn't mean they condone it. I didn't post, but I
> certainly don't condone it.

Why stop at 'not condoning'? Why not 'condemn' it? You folks are
quick to condemn that one poster, who is just a harmless troll on the
net. Why not use that energy to condemn hurtful behavior by people
with means and power?

In my book, staying silent in face of injustice is tantamount to
condoning it.

Sanjiv Karmarkar

Rodney Ulyate

Nov 2, 2007, 6:21:47 PM11/2/07
Sanjiv Karmarkar inquired:

But, in explicitly "not condoning" it, you *aren't* being silent.

--
Rodney Ulyate

"Some women's cricket at club level is played solely for enjoyment and
is perhaps better not seen by the public -- but then so is some men's
cricket for that matter."
Rachael Heyhoe-Flint and Netta Rheinberg in 'Fair Play'

CricketLeague

Nov 2, 2007, 7:19:51 PM11/2/07

> On Nov 2, 2:57 pm, Fred <longhop2...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Most reasonable "white" rsc posters will have been appalled at the
>> reports of an Australian using that language. Just because they
>> didn't post doesn't mean they condone it. I didn't post, but I
>> certainly don't condone it.
>
> Why stop at 'not condoning'? Why not 'condemn' it?

Thats because they are all UNADULTERATED RACISTS. The same racists attacked
Indians two weeks back but kept mum in this disugisting racism incident of
Australians.

http://sport.guardian.co.uk/cricket/story/0,10069,878108,00.html

>You folks are
> quick to condemn that one poster, who is just a harmless troll on the
> net. Why not use that energy to condemn hurtful behavior by people
> with means and power?

These RESIDENT RACISTS Rodney Ulyate, Mike Holmans, Andrew Dunford, Phil,
dechuka, Mango, Fish Womper, Erchie, alvey, will_s, Dave Turner,
Ernest_the_sheep SPENT ALL THEIR TIME ATTACKING me instead of condemning the
AUSSIE RACISM.

> In my book, staying silent in face of injustice is tantamount to
> condoning it.
>
> Sanjiv Karmarkar

I have been saying for a long time that these BASTARDS Rodney Ulyate, Mike
Holmans, Andrew Dunford, Phil, dechuka, Mango, Fish Womper, Erchie,
Darkfalz, alvey, will_s, Ernest_the_sheep are all RACISTS and they LOGICALLY
PROVED ME RIGHT by NOT condemning AUSSIE RACISM even "ONCE".

arahim

Nov 2, 2007, 6:24:10 PM11/2/07

Sanjiv Karmarkar

Nov 2, 2007, 6:30:09 PM11/2/07
On Nov 2, 5:21 pm, Rodney Ulyate <rodney.uly...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Sanjiv Karmarkar inquired:

> > Why stop at 'not condoning'? Why not 'condemn' it? You folks are
> > quick to condemn that one poster, who is just a harmless troll on the
> > net. Why not use that energy to condemn hurtful behavior by people
> > with means and power?
> > In my book, staying silent in face of injustice is tantamount to
> > condoning it.
>
> But, in explicitly "not condoning" it, you *aren't* being silent.

Umm, I don't quite agree with you on that. But one thing we can both
agree on, being silent is definitely being silent. And that's what we
have been hearing mostly on this topic; a deafening, ear-splitting
silence.

Sanjiv Karmarkar

CricketLeague

Nov 2, 2007, 7:55:22 PM11/2/07

"arahim" <arahim...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Genius arahim,

You are being very CHILDISH and HYPOCRITIC.

Australian players RACIALLY ABUSING Indians as "NIGGERS" is DIFFERENT from
spats between persons A, B, C, D on rsc.

By the way you accused Darrell Hair to be a RACIST but kept quiet when
Australian players RACIALLY ABUSED Indians as "NIGGERS".

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.sport.cricket/msg/78becb2b462a18a5

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.sport.cricket/msg/f97caaea1dea9a36

CricketLeague

Nov 2, 2007, 8:19:38 PM11/2/07

> Sanjiv Karmarkar inquired:
>> On Nov 2, 2:57 pm, Fred <longhop2...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>>> Most reasonable "white" rsc posters will have been appalled at the
>>> reports of an Australian using that language. Just because they
>>> didn't post doesn't mean they condone it. I didn't post, but I
>>> certainly don't condone it.
>> Why stop at 'not condoning'? Why not 'condemn' it? You folks are
>> quick to condemn that one poster, who is just a harmless troll on the
>> net. Why not use that energy to condemn hurtful behavior by people
>> with means and power?
>> In my book, staying silent in face of injustice is tantamount to
>> condoning it.
>
> But, in explicitly "not condoning" it, you *aren't* being silent.
>
> --
> Rodney Ulyate

Ku Klux Klan president Rodney Ulyate,

Yes by explicitly "not condoning" DISGUSTIN AUSSIE RACISM, you "are" being
SILENT and APPROVING IT.

I am NOT surprised you NEVER CONDEMNED it since you are the PRESIDENT of Ku
Klux Klan (KKK) organization.

You are the SAME CUNNING RACIST BASTARD that posted about some STUPID
conference about Indian caste system in Durban, SouthAFrica to support YOUR
CUNNING ARGUMENT that monkey chants in Vadodara were racist. The WORST PART
was you did NOT even know the basics of caste system.

By the way, I am still waiting for you to comment about Australian players
calling Indians "NIGGERS" and then using their RACIST STINKY FEET
to WAKE up homeless poor Indians to take HAPPY SNAPS.

Only Ku Klux Klan racists like you, alvey, will_s, Andrew
Dunford, Phil, Wog George, Mango, Erchie, Ernest_the_sheep, Fish Womper

Dave Turner, Darkfalz, Mike Holmans, dechuka can justify this abhorrent

racist behaviour of Australian players.

From Malcolm Knox's cricket column:

http://sport.guardian.co.uk/cricket/story/0,10069,878108,00.html

When I wrote about the Indians who felt shut out of Australian
cricket, I was taken to task for "inventing" trouble where none
existed. Yet I'd seen racism with my own eyes. On a tour to India, I
heard two Australian cricketers call the locals "niggers". I saw
Australian cricketers coming across Indians sleeping on a railway
platform in Jamshedpur and nudging them awake with their feet in order
to take a happy snap.

arahim

Nov 2, 2007, 7:26:30 PM11/2/07

Why the silence on your statements when you got it wrong.

> Sanjiv Karmarkar

CricketLeague

Nov 2, 2007, 8:35:55 PM11/2/07

"arahim" <arahim...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Genius arahim,

Is Ku Klux Klan president Rodney Ulyate YOUR MASTER ??

You are being very CHILDISH and HYPOCRITIC.

Australian players RACIALLY ABUSING Indians as "NIGGERS" is DIFFERENT from

personal spats between persons A, B, C, D on rsc.

By the way you accused Darrell Hair to be a RACIST but kept quiet when
Australian players RACIALLY ABUSED Indians as "NIGGERS".

You think AUSTRALIANS will treat pakistanis like you as their EQUALS ??
Roflmao....

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.sport.cricket/msg/78becb2b462a18a5

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.sport.cricket/msg/f97caaea1dea9a36

arahim

Nov 2, 2007, 7:49:48 PM11/2/07
On Nov 2, 4:55 pm, "CricketLeague" <CricketlLea...@USA.com> wrote:
> "arahim" <arahim_ara...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> >> Why stop at 'not condoning'? Why not 'condemn' it? You folks are
> >> quick to condemn that one poster, who is just a harmless troll on the
> >> net. Why not use that energy to condemn hurtful behavior by people
> >> with means and power?
>
> >> In my book, staying silent in face of injustice is tantamount to
> >> condoning it.
>
> > Really? I am sure you will soon condemn that you chose not to condemn
> > earlier including your own incorrect remarks. Or are you a condoner?
>
> >http://groups.google.com/group/rec.sport.cricket/browse_frm/thread/93...
>
> >http://groups.google.com/group/rec.sport.cricket/browse_frm/thread/15...

> Genius arahim,
>
> You are being very CHILDISH and HYPOCRITIC.

Well it is quite clear from the context who is being a hypocrite but
you are welcome to your opinion.
As to childish well I hope you can be self critical as well but again
you are welcome to your opinion.

> Australian players RACIALLY ABUSING Indians as "NIGGERS" is DIFFERENT from
> spats between persons A, B, C, D on rsc.

Sanjiv mentioned that remaining silent on an injustice is tantamount
to condoning it. He has remained silent or aggressive on something
that he was wrong. He did not condemn another poster who said that one
should remain silent and not speak against one's own countrymen even
if they are wrong (or something to that effect) when he was somewhat
involved in related posts.

> By the way you accused Darrell Hair to be a RACIST but kept quiet when

No. This is incorrect.

> Australian players RACIALLY ABUSED Indians as "NIGGERS".

Yet you fail to mention what I said on the Symonds incident:) Or all
those who went after Malik but then showed us another light. Or maybe
you should mention the many who talked of the Pakistani players as
terrorists because of beards but find it acceptable that a prayer be
said in India for anything.

Racists exist in all countries and cultures. They should be
marginalized.

arahim

Nov 2, 2007, 7:54:22 PM11/2/07
On Nov 2, 5:35 pm, "CricketLeague" <CricketlLea...@USA.com> wrote:
> "arahim" <arahim_ara...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Labeling whole nations is a convenient xenophobic escape. It is no
better than those who have come from Australia (but are not
representative of all Australia) and have called whole countries
cheats.

CricketLeague

Nov 2, 2007, 9:12:20 PM11/2/07

"arahim" <arahim...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Genius arahim,

As usual you CUNNINGLY escaped answering my question. Sure I missed the word
Australian "players" but that does NOT give you the right to run away.

You didnt complain when Australians posted with title "Racist Indian fucks".
Why the HYPOCRISY now ????

Is Ku Klux Klan president Rodney Ulyate YOUR MASTER ??

You are being very CHILDISH and HYPOCRITIC.

Australian players RACIALLY ABUSING Indians as "NIGGERS" is DIFFERENT from
personal spats between persons A, B, C, D on rsc.

By the way you accused Darrell Hair to be a RACIST but kept quiet when
Australian players RACIALLY ABUSED Indians as "NIGGERS".

You think AUSTRALIANS will treat pakistanis like you as their EQUALS ??
Roflmao....

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.sport.cricket/msg/78becb2b462a18a5

Ærchie

Nov 2, 2007, 8:12:47 PM11/2/07
The curfew had been lifted and the gamblin' wheel shut down, Anyone with
any sense had already left town. Yet CricketLeague was standin' in the
doorway saying:

Wheeeee - now I know I am a genuine rscer - I'm on CL's list of racists!

I've never been a racist before so I am unsure of the ettiquette.

Does this mean I have to call him a nigger now? Or is "monkey" the correct
word?

Ærchie
--
Don't visit my blog, it is private property!
http://archiearchive.wordpress.com/

Fred

Nov 2, 2007, 8:15:05 PM11/2/07
On 2 Nov, 20:53, Rodney Ulyate <rodney.uly...@gmail.com> wrote:

> You're still talking to CL, Fred. His identities are legion.

lol - I guess he needs a few to make up a league...

It is loading more messages.