Racist Australian Fucks

1 view

Mr X.

Oct 30, 2007, 2:56:05 AM10/30/07
Malcolm Knox on the home truths revealed by the Lehmann episode

Malcolm Knox
Monday January 20, 2003

Guardian

The Darren Lehmann case has exposed a double standard in the
Australian cricket community. Normally, moments of the highest
pressure in sport are held to reveal character. Steve Waugh's
toughness and Shane Warne's genius are revealed precisely in the heat
of the moment. Conversely, the touring Englishmen have been stripped
naked - weak, timid, lacking in technique - under high heat. We beat
the drum of our own supremacy because we're tough when it really
matters.
Yet for Lehmann, the logic has been reversed. His defenders cannot
reconcile his outburst against his Sri Lankan opponents with his
reputation as a "good bloke". Team-mates and associates have described
Lehmann's slur as an "out of character" act, committed "in the heat of
the moment" by someone who is "universally regarded as a nice guy".
Instead it is the Sri Lankans who are rendered villains, oversensitive
and unmanly to complain.

How is it that for Lehmann the rule is waived? How is it that in the
heat of the moment, he did something supposedly out of character?

The answer, of course, is that he did not. To believe this was the
first time Lehmann used this terrible language about black people is
to show the indulgence of a parent who believes their teenager's "it
was my first joint" defence.

Lehmann's misfortune is that he is the man who got caught revealing
the unwitting racism that infuses not only Australian cricketing
culture but mainstream Australia.

Lehmann's supporters cannot understand the difference between calling
someone a "cunt" and a "black cunt". Nor, presumably, can they
understand that it is offensive for our media commentators to speak of
the Sri Lankans as "babbling" in the field, as "leaping about with
great big smiles" or as "little guys". Monkeys babble. Little black
sambos have great big smiles.

We're not yet at a stage of cultural maturity where we even know what
racism is. Our prime minister John Howard is supposedly a decent man
who hates the racist epithet. Yet each year he sanctifies the white
man's military tragedy (Gallipoli) while denying or excusing the black
man's military tragedy (the colonisation massacres).

Racism in Australia is insidious, unadmitted. We have few proud
racists. There is no open Klan or National Front here. Our white
supremacist fringe - the 10% of voters represented in the late 1990s
by Pauline Hanson but who, in the 2001 election, swung back into step
with Howard's dance of Arab-phobia - do not admit to racism.

Hanson's platform of cutting non-white immigration and government
assistance to Aborigines was coded as a call for "fairness" (no pun
intended) from "mainstream Australia". When Howard talks of pre-
emptive strikes against terrorists in Asia, and of de-democratising
the rights of non-white asylum seekers, his favourite phrasing is
"ordinary Australians think...". All ills can be cured if everybody
just stops whingeing and swallows the (white, male, resolutely middle-
class and anti-intellectual) panacea of 'mateship'.

By raising this, one risks being labelled politically-correct and a
troublemaker. Three years ago, when India toured Australia, I
interviewed Indian-Australians who were supporting India. I found two
reasons.

One was that it is natural not to let go of one's birthplace.
Presumably those Australians who impose cultural-assimilation policies
upon new arrivals are not the ones who slag Greg Norman for his
American accent; presumably those who say Muslims should renounce
their language and religion once they become Australians are not the
ones who accuse Clive James and Germaine Greer of "selling out" their
Australian-ness to Britain.

Yet a more pungent reason for those Indian flags at the Sydney Cricket
Ground was that fathers resented the exclusion of their sons from
local and school teams. Every family I interviewed had a story of a
boy who had been shut out of the "in" group because of his race, or
his teetotalism, or some other cultural difference.

Lest this be taken as paranoia, one need only look at the make-up of
Australian cricket teams at senior levels. The most common name in the
Sydney phone book is Lee - and they're not relatives of Brett - yet
all our teams can boast is the occasional Kasprowicz or Di Venuto. If
you want a cultural snapshot of Australia in the 1950s, look no
further than our cricket.

Rather than shame, our cricket community tends to feel pride in this
ethnic wholeness. Yet the Lehmann case has shown that an excess of our
greatest strengths - unity, certainty, simplicity - has become our
greatest weakness.

Australian triumphalism masks the fact that we lag a generation behind
England in resolving the race debate. While English sporting clubs
struggle to harmonise different cultures, Australian clubs fix the
problem by leaving non-whites out.

When controversy about England's racially diverse cricket teams has
broken out, Australian cricketers tacitly agree with those who say
recent teams from the old country are "less English", and therefore
weaker, than in the 1960s or before. Their prescription for England's
ills is to revert to "English" (i.e. Boycottian, Illingworthian)
traits. We fail to recognise England's change as much as we fail to
acknowledge our own.

When I wrote about the Indians who felt shut out of Australian
cricket, I was taken to task for "inventing" trouble where none
existed. Yet I'd seen racism with my own eyes. On a tour to India, I
heard two Australian cricketers call the locals "niggers". I saw
Australian cricketers coming across Indians sleeping on a railway
platform in Jamshedpur and nudging them awake with their feet in order
to take a happy snap.

No malice was intended, and if you can understand that the cricketers
involved were both "good blokes" and yet-to-be-reconstructed racists,
then you go a long way to comprehending the incoherence amid which
most Australians live.

· Malcolm Knox is a former chief cricket correspondent for the Sydney
Morning Herald and is the author of the novel Summerland, published in
the UK by Picador.

Guardian Unlimited © Guardian News and Media Limited 2007

Offramp

Oct 30, 2007, 11:06:00 AM10/30/07
I am afraid I only had time to read the subject line. Can you give me
the gist of it?

CricketLeague

Oct 30, 2007, 2:25:36 PM10/30/07

"Offramp" <alane...@gmail.com> wrote in message

>I am afraid I only had time to read the subject line. Can you give me
> the gist of it?

I can help you with that.

Australian, England, SA and Newzealand cricket fans' RACISM is SHOCKING and
UNBELIEVABLE.

Not even one of them condemned Australian players racism YET.

From Malcolm Knox's cricket column:

When I wrote about the Indians who felt shut out of Australian
cricket, I was taken to task for "inventing" trouble where none
existed. Yet I'd seen racism with my own eyes. On a tour to India, I
heard two Australian cricketers call the locals "niggers". I saw
Australian cricketers coming across Indians sleeping on a railway
platform in Jamshedpur and nudging them awake with their feet in order
to take a happy snap.

kipps

Oct 30, 2007, 3:22:12 PM10/30/07
On Oct 30, 2:25 pm, "CricketLeague" <CricketlLea...@USA.com> wrote:
> "Offramp" <alaneobr...@gmail.com> wrote in message

In what way is white trash superior to coloreds!?

Fish Womper

Oct 30, 2007, 5:04:13 PM10/30/07
On Tue, 30 Oct 2007 10:25:36 -0800, "CricketLeague"
<Cricket...@USA.com> wrote:

>"Offramp" <alane...@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>I am afraid I only had time to read the subject line. Can you give me
>> the gist of it?
>>

>I can help you with that.
>
>Australian, England, SA and Newzealand cricket fans' RACISM is SHOCKING and
>UNBELIEVABLE.
>
>Not even one of them condemned Australian players racism YET.
>
>From Malcolm Knox's cricket column:
>
>When I wrote about the Indians who felt shut out of Australian
>cricket, I was taken to task for "inventing" trouble where none
>existed. Yet I'd seen racism with my own eyes. On a tour to India, I
>heard two Australian cricketers call the locals "niggers".

I seem to recall you using this term as well, Benj, you faggot arsed
hypocrite.

fish

CricketLeague

Oct 30, 2007, 6:17:56 PM10/30/07

"kipps" <k_pa...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

By virtue of their skin color being white.

CricketLeague

Oct 30, 2007, 6:23:41 PM10/30/07

"Fish Womper" <x@x.x> wrote in message

CUNNING STINKY RACIST eunuch Fish Womper,

I mentioned that Ku Klux Klan RACIST WHITES like you, Rodney Ulyate, Wog
George, dechuka, alvey, will_s, Mike Holmans, Andrew Dunford, Erchie, Mango,
racially abuse blacks to be niggers and browns to be sand niggers.

Australian, England, SA and Newzealand cricket fans' RACISM is SHOCKING and
UNBELIEVABLE.

Not even one of them condemned Australian players racism YET.

I am still waiting for you to comment about Australian players calling
Indians "niggers" and then using their feet to wake up homeless poor people
to take snaps.

Only Ku Klux Klan racists like you, Rodney Ulyate, alvey, will_s, Andrew
Dunford, Phil, Wog George can justify this abhorrent racist behaviour of
Australian players.

From Malcolm Knox's cricket column:

When I wrote about the Indians who felt shut out of Australian
cricket, I was taken to task for "inventing" trouble where none
existed. Yet I'd seen racism with my own eyes. On a tour to India, I

Timbo

Oct 31, 2007, 5:05:57 AM10/31/07
CricketLeague wrote:
> "Offramp" <alane...@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> I am afraid I only had time to read the subject line. Can you give me
>> the gist of it?
>>

> I can help you with that.
>
> Australian, England, SA and Newzealand cricket fans' RACISM is SHOCKING and
> UNBELIEVABLE.
>
> Not even one of them condemned Australian players racism YET.

You do realise that Malcolm Knox is "one of them" don't you?

CricketLeague

Oct 31, 2007, 1:28:51 PM10/31/07

"Timbo" <ti...@noreply.invalid> wrote in message

> CricketLeague wrote:
>> "Offramp" <alane...@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>> I am afraid I only had time to read the subject line. Can you give me
>>> the gist of it?
>>>

>> I can help you with that.
>>
>> Australian, England, SA and Newzealand cricket fans' RACISM is SHOCKING
>> and
>> UNBELIEVABLE.
>>
>> Not even one of them condemned Australian players racism YET.
>>
> You do realise that Malcolm Knox is "one of them" don't you?

I do realize it took Malcolm Knox three years to EXPOSE Australian Players
DISGUSTING RACISM of calling Indians "NIGGERS" and using their RACIST STINKY
FEET to wake up homeless poor people to take HAPPY SNAPS.

>> From Malcolm Knox's cricket column:
>>
>> When I wrote about the Indians who felt shut out of Australian
>> cricket, I was taken to task for "inventing" trouble where none
>> existed. Yet I'd seen racism with my own eyes. On a tour to India, I
>> heard two Australian cricketers call the locals "niggers". I saw
>> Australian cricketers coming across Indians sleeping on a railway
>> platform in Jamshedpur and nudging them awake with their feet in order
>> to take a happy snap.

GeekBoy

Oct 31, 2007, 12:45:08 PM10/31/07
There you go fecal colored shitdoo...I corrected it for you

"CricketLeague" <Cricket...@USA.com> wrote in message

CricketLeague

Oct 31, 2007, 2:04:59 PM10/31/07

Australian, England, SA and Newzealand cricket fans' RACISM is SHOCKING and
UNBELIEVABLE.

Not even one of them condemned Australian players racism YET.

I am still waiting for you to comment about Australian players calling
Indians "NIGGERS" and then using their RACIST FEET to wake up homeless poor
people
to take snaps.

Only Ku Klux Klan racists like you, Rodney Ulyate, alvey, will_s, Andrew
Dunford, Phil, Wog George can justify this abhorrent racist behaviour of
Australian players.

From Malcolm Knox's cricket column:

http://sport.guardian.co.uk/cricket/story/0,10069,878108,00.html

When I wrote about the Indians who felt shut out of Australian
cricket, I was taken to task for "inventing" trouble where none
existed. Yet I'd seen racism with my own eyes. On a tour to India, I
heard two Australian cricketers call the locals "niggers". I saw
Australian cricketers coming across Indians sleeping on a railway
platform in Jamshedpur and nudging them awake with their feet in order
to take a happy snap.

"GeekBoy" <ge...@g.com> wrote in message

Timbo

Oct 31, 2007, 1:17:21 PM10/31/07
CricketLeague wrote:
> "Timbo" <ti...@noreply.invalid> wrote in message
>> CricketLeague wrote:
>>> "Offramp" <alane...@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>>>

>>> I can help you with that.
>>>
>>> Australian, England, SA and Newzealand cricket fans' RACISM is SHOCKING
>>> and
>>> UNBELIEVABLE.
>>>
>>> Not even one of them condemned Australian players racism YET.
>>>
>> You do realise that Malcolm Knox is "one of them" don't you?
>

> I do realize it took Malcolm Knox three years to EXPOSE Australian Players
> DISGUSTING RACISM of calling Indians "NIGGERS" and using their RACIST STINKY
> FEET to wake up homeless poor people to take HAPPY SNAPS.

So, you're comment is inaccurate then.

I'm going to say several things regarding all this stuff, that I
hope you will read without emotion, and reply to in a calm manner.
My guess is that you will add me to your list of KKK members.

Firstly, if Australian players used racist slurs against Indians,
then it is deplorable. Knox doesn't say *which* players said
these, so I am not going to target the entire team, but let me say
that if I found out who it was from a reliable source, I would be
ashamed to be associated with such people, and would hope they are
suspended from cricket as a punishment. I'm embarrassed when
spectators at Australian cricket matches dish out racist remarks
(even when those spectators are ex-pat South Africans), as I am
sure Pakistani fans are embarrassed by the racial abuse towards
South African cricketers and cricket officials recently, and
Indian fans are embarrassed by the racial abuse towards Andrew
Symonds in the recent ODI series.

Secondly, waking up homeless people with one's feet is not racist.
If a person does this, irrelevant of the colour of the homeless
person's skin, he/she is a prick, and a big one at that, but not a
racist. If a person does this *because* of the colour of the
homeless person's skin, he/she is a racist. In Knox's article,
there is nothing to suggest that it was done for any reason other
than to be a prick. I've seen how some white people treat homeless
white people in the UK, and it's no better. I'm sure it's the same
in most/all countries. Please top putting this forward as evidence
of systematic racism within the Australian cricket team. They are
a bunch of men, some not too bright, so it's not surprised that
some of them are pricks.

Thirdly, you're comments about cricket fans from UK, NZ, Aus, and
NZ, etc, are out of order. A small minority of these fans spout
racist abuse, and regardless of the situation, that is never
acceptable. However, by pigeonholing the rest of us based on our
nationalities, you are no better than people who pigeonhole people
based on the colour of their skin.

And finally, I've just had a quick look at your previous posts...
I think that you are Indian?! FFS, just a couple of weeks ago
Andrew Symonds was the subject of racist taunts from Indian
crowds. Terrible behaviour, but not behaviour on which I am going
to associate with the entire population of India.

CricketLeague

Oct 31, 2007, 2:34:40 PM10/31/07

"Timbo" <ti...@noreply.invalid> wrote in message

I dont have time to read 30 lines of CUNNING BULLSHIT. You can add yourself
to the Ku Klux Klan list if you are a RACIST.

Australian, England, SA and Newzealand cricket fans' RACISM is SHOCKING and
UNBELIEVABLE.

Not even one of them condemned Australian players racism YET.

From Malcolm Knox's cricket column:

http://sport.guardian.co.uk/cricket/story/0,10069,878108,00.html

GeekBoy

Oct 31, 2007, 2:58:30 PM10/31/07

> Australian, England, SA and Newzealand cricket fans' RACISM is SHOCKING
> and
> UNBELIEVABLE.

What "RACE" is Indian, you fecal colored shitdoo?

CricketLeague

Oct 31, 2007, 5:11:52 PM10/31/07

> "CricketLeague" <Cricket...@USA.com> wrote in message
>>
>> Australian, England, SA and Newzealand cricket fans' RACISM is SHOCKING
>> and
>> UNBELIEVABLE.
>

> What "RACE" is Indian, you fecal colored shitdoo?

Australian, England, SA and Newzealand cricket fans' RACISM is SHOCKING and
UNBELIEVABLE.

Not even one of them condemned Australian players racism YET.

I am still waiting for you to comment about Australian players calling

koolf...@gmail.com

Oct 31, 2007, 8:18:20 PM10/31/07
On Oct 31, 9:45 pm, "GeekBoy" <g...@g.com> wrote:
> There you go fecal colored shitdoo...I corrected it for you

Whats with you,you feces flinging slobos monkey boy.....did you shit
in your pants when slobo went for your arse....lets see whats your
problem.ah i get it now,whats your problem,and why you are hated,and
suffering a victims problem.

http://www.offoffoff.com/film/2002/yugoslavia.php3

http://ww2.pstripes.osd.mil/01/apr01/ed042901f.html

> "CricketLeague" <CricketlLea...@USA.com> wrote in message

> > "Timbo" <ti...@noreply.invalid> wrote in message

> >> You do realise that Malcolm Knox is "one of them" don't you?
>
> > I do realize it took Malcolm Knox three years to EXPOSE Australian Players
> > DISGUSTING RACISM of calling Indians "NIGGERS" and using their RACIST
> > STINKY FEET to wake up homeless poor people to take HAPPY SNAPS.

Timbo

Nov 1, 2007, 5:15:34 AM11/1/07
BWAHAHA! So you have time to post the same message over and over
and over to a newsgroup, but not to read 30 lines? If you didn't
read it, how do you know it was "CUNNING BULLSHIT"?

I'll assume that you read my points, but couldn't form an
appropriate response, especially to the allegation of racism
against Indian cricket spectators -- most likely because you
agreed with each of them. What I find particularly deplorable is
that not even one Indian fan has condemned their fellow fans
racism YET.

> Australian, England, SA and Newzealand cricket fans' RACISM is SHOCKING and
> UNBELIEVABLE.
>
> Not even one of them condemned Australian players racism YET.

Wrong! So far, both myself and Malcolm Knox have, and that is just
on this one thread! I'm sure loads of other people have too.

CricketLeague

Nov 1, 2007, 4:04:46 PM11/1/07

"Timbo" <ti...@noreply.invalid> wrote in message

Indian crowd behaviour in Vadodara is harassment but NOT racist.

I dont have time to read your 30 lines of CUNNING BULLSHIT. You can add
yourself
to the Ku Klux Klan (KKK) list if you are a RACIST.

Australian, England, SA and Newzealand cricket fans' RACISM is SHOCKING and
UNBELIEVABLE.

Not even one of them condemned Australian players racism YET.

From Malcolm Knox's cricket column:

Timbo

Nov 2, 2007, 5:37:27 AM11/2/07
Now I've heard it all! Nice try, but you're not going to convince
anyone with that.

> I dont have time to read your 30 lines of CUNNING BULLSHIT. You can add
> yourself
> to the Ku Klux Klan (KKK) list if you are a RACIST.

No, I'm not. My parents did a better job of raising me than that.

> Australian, England, SA and Newzealand cricket fans' RACISM is SHOCKING and
> UNBELIEVABLE.
>
> Not even one of them condemned Australian players racism YET.

You've tried this one each time, but there are plenty of people
who have.

Change the record, mate.

FiLthy

Nov 2, 2007, 8:21:51 PM11/2/07
kipps wrote:
> In what way is white trash superior to coloreds!?

Easy, whites adapt better to different environments and as such make it
a better standard of living in that area. (proven over last 2000 years)
Blacks havent got the capacity to do that or you would see nigeria,
sierra leonne etc with same standard of living as France, UK, USA,
Sweden etc

CricketLeague

Nov 2, 2007, 10:44:53 PM11/2/07

"Timbo" <ti...@noreply.invalid> wrote in message

Timbo,

Show me which of the Ku Klux Klan (KKK) RACISTS Rodney Ulyate, Andrew
Dunford, dechuka, Wog George, alvey, wll_s, Erchie, Mango, Kane,
Ernest_the_sheep, Dave
Turner, Phil condemned this blatant disgusting Austrlaian players RACISM of
calling Indians
"NIGGERS" and then using their STINKY RACIST FEET to wake up poor Indians
sleeping on railway platform to take HAPPY SNAPS.

CricketLeague

Nov 2, 2007, 10:49:38 PM11/2/07

"FiLthy" <nahno...@home.com> wrote in message

FiLthy,

Coloreds include browns and yellows.

Last I know Japanese, Chinese, Malaysians, Indonesians, Koreans, Taiwanese,
Brazilians to name a few are NOT whites and their economies are doing GREAT.

Indians are COLOREDS and India is on its way to become worlds third largest
economic power by 2050.

Arabs are COLOREDS and lot of middle eastern countries are RICH. (I dont
care if OIL is the reason)

> Blacks havent got the capacity to do that or you would see nigeria, sierra
> leonne etc with same standard of living as France, UK, USA, Sweden etc

Britain and France to a certain extent attacked, enslaved and looted the
natives of their natural resources to get RICH.

I am sure if Nigeria and some other African countries looted countries in
the northern hemisphere, they would have gotten rich too.

I googled about India and found this excellent link.

These are just two examples of at least 20 such atrocities overseen and
organised by the British Government or British colonial settlers; they
include, for example, the Tasmanian genocide, the use of collective
punishment in Malaya, the bombing of villages in Oman, the dirty war in
North Yemen, the evacuation of Diego Garcia. Some of them might trigger a
vague, brainstem memory in a few thousand readers, but most people would
have no idea what I am talking about.

-----------------

http://www.hindu.com/2005/12/28/stories/2005122804961100.htm

The Indian famine

In his book Late Victorian Holocausts, published in 2001, Mike Davis tells
the story of famines that killed between 12 million and 29 million Indians.
These people were, he demonstrates, murdered by British state policy. When
an El Nino drought destituted the farmers of the Deccan plateau in 1876
there was a net surplus of rice and wheat in India. But the Viceroy, Lord
Lytton, insisted that nothing should prevent its export to England. In 1877
and 1878, at the height of the famine, grain merchants exported a record
320,000 tonnes of wheat. As the peasants began to starve, officials were
ordered "to discourage relief works in every possible way." The
Anti-Charitable Contributions Act of 1877 prohibited "at the pain of
imprisonment private relief donations that potentially interfered with the
market fixing of grain prices." The only relief permitted in most districts
was hard labour, from which anyone in an advanced state of starvation was
turned away. In the labour camps, the workers were given less food than
inmates of Buchenwald. In 1877, monthly mortality in the camps equated to an
annual death rate of 94 per cent.

As millions died, the imperial government launched "a militarised campaign
to collect the tax arrears accumulated during the drought." The money, which
ruined those who might otherwise have survived, was used by Lord Lytton to
fund his war in Afghanistan. Even in places that had produced a crop
surplus, the government's export policies, such as Stalin's in Ukraine,
manufactured hunger. In the north-western provinces, Oud, and the Punjab,
which had brought in record harvests in the preceding three years, at least
1.25 million died.

Three recent books - Britain's Gulag by Caroline Elkins, Histories of the
Hanged by David Anderson, and Web of Deceit by Mark Curtis - show how white
settlers and British troops suppressed the Mau Mau revolt in Kenya in the
1950s. Thrown off their best land and deprived of political rights, the
Kikuyu started to organise - some of them violently - against colonial rule.
The British responded by driving up to 320,000 of them into concentration
camps. Most of the remainder - more than a million - were held in "enclosed
villages." Prisoners were questioned with the help of "slicing off ears,
boring holes in eardrums, flogging until death, pouring paraffin over
suspects who were then set alight, and burning eardrums with lit
cigarettes." The soldiers were told they could shoot anyone they liked
"provided they were black." Ms. Elkins' evidence suggests that more than
100,000 Kikuyu were either killed or died of disease and starvation in the
camps. David Anderson documents the hanging of 1,090 suspected rebels: far
more than the French executed in Algeria. Thousands more were summarily
executed by soldiers, who claimed they had "failed to halt" when challenged.

These are just two examples of at least 20 such atrocities overseen and
organised by the British Government or British colonial settlers; they
include, for example, the Tasmanian genocide, the use of collective
punishment in Malaya, the bombing of villages in Oman, the dirty war in
North Yemen, the evacuation of Diego Garcia. Some of them might trigger a
vague, brainstem memory in a few thousand readers, but most people would
have no idea what I am talking about. The British journalist Max Hastings
laments Britons' "relative lack of interest" in Stalin and Mao's crimes. But
at least we are aware that they happened.

In one British newspaper we can read the historian Andrew Roberts arguing
that for "the vast majority of its half-millennium-long history, the British
empire was an exemplary force for good ... the British gave up their empire
largely without bloodshed, after having tried to educate their successor
governments in the ways of democracy and representative institutions"
(presumably by locking up their future leaders). In another, he insists that
"the British empire delivered astonishing growth rates, at least in those
places fortunate enough to be coloured pink on the globe." (Compare this to
Mike Davis' central finding, that "there was no increase in India's per
capita income from 1757 to 1947," or to Prasannan Parthasarathi's
demonstration that "South Indian labourers had higher earnings than their
British counterparts in the 18th century and lived lives of greater
financial security.") Elsewhere, John Keegan asserts that "the empire became
in its last years highly benevolent and moralistic." The Victorians "set out
to bring civilisation and good government to their colonies and to leave
when they were no longer welcome. In almost every country, once coloured red
on the map, they stuck to their resolve."

There is one, rightly sacred Holocaust in European history. All the others
can be denied, ignored, or belittled. As Mark Curtis points out, the
dominant system of thought in Britain "promotes one key concept that
underpins everything else - the idea of Britain's basic benevolence ...
Criticism of foreign policies is certainly possible, and normal, but within
narrow limits which show `exceptions' to, or `mistakes' in, promoting the
rule of basic benevolence." This idea, I fear, is the true "sense of British
cultural identity" whose alleged loss Max Hastings laments today. No judge
or censor is required to enforce it. The men who own the papers simply
commission the stories they want to read.

CricketLeague

Timbo

Nov 5, 2007, 4:11:07 AM11/5/07
You seem to be implying that because some people condone this
behaviour (or more accurately, they don't post a message
registering their disgust at it), that all fans of Aus, Eng, NZ,
and SA are somehow responsible. By pigeonholing all of us based on
nationality because of the behaviour of a few people, you are
falling into the same trap as people who pigeonhole others based
on the colour of their skin.

Some of the replies to your posts are deplorable, but don't equate
those people with me because I happen to come from a country with
a white majority.

CricketLeague

Nov 5, 2007, 4:38:39 AM11/5/07

"Timbo" <ti...@noreply.invalid> wrote in message

Timbo,

From Malcolm Knox's cricket column:

Timbo

Nov 5, 2007, 7:57:53 AM11/5/07
I see -- you don't bother to read what anyone else says, you just
post emotionally-charged rants accusing people with racism based
on the anecdotes of a journalist. I will now join everyone else
that posts in this group, and no longer take you seriously. My
advice: get over it, and put your energy into something more
worthwhile. You won't change anyone's mind with your diatribe.

CricketLeague

Nov 5, 2007, 8:12:50 AM11/5/07

"Timbo" <ti...@noreply.invalid> wrote in message

Timbo,

I dont have time to read your or others BULLSHIT, SPIN and DECEPTION.

Show me which of the Ku Klux Klan (KKK) RACISTS Rodney Ulyate, Andrew
Dunford, dechuka, Wog George, alvey, wll_s, Erchie, Mango, Kane,
Ernest_the_sheep, Dave Turner, Phil condemned this blatant disgusting
Austrlaian players RACISM of calling Indians "NIGGERS" and then using their
STINKY RACIST FEET to wake up
poor Indians sleeping on railway platform to take HAPPY SNAPS.

From Malcolm Knox's cricket column:

http://sport.guardian.co.uk/cricket/story/0,10069,878108,00.html

When I wrote about the Indians who felt shut out of Australian
cricket, I was taken to task for "inventing" trouble where none
existed. Yet I'd seen racism with my own eyes. On a tour to India, I
heard two Australian cricketers call the locals "niggers". I saw
Australian cricketers coming across Indians sleeping on a railway
platform in Jamshedpur and nudging them awake with their feet in order
to take a happy snap.

Diggler

Nov 6, 2007, 1:17:30 AM11/6/07
I can see you've probably had a few issues fitting into normal circles
of social life, so i don't mind using a few moments to further humour
you, Cricketleague.

Those disgusting racist Aussie cricketers that called the Indians
niggers and kicked the homeless are vile scum. I wish i knew who they
were so that i can burn any videos or positive mental images i have of
those individuals, because if that is true then it was way below
acceptable behaviour.

Every aussie cricketer i've ever met has been polite and more
receptive than I expected, so hopefully it didn't involve any of them.
Do you know any more about it apart from Malcolm Conn's article?
Jokingly referring to an asian as a nigger is almost as offensive as
calling a west indian a monkey! How disgusting.