all wave antenna

aezael

May 9, 2008, 5:03:48 PM5/9/08
I would like to know if anybody has seen a vertical antenna that will
work on frequencies from 1600Khz to 30.000mhz ?
I don't have area to install long wire antennas.
I will be willing to pay up to $ 175.00 for a good vertical antenna
that will work for the above frequency range.

Eric Ferguson

May 9, 2008, 6:00:35 PM5/9/08
Check out Monitoring Times "Flex-tenna". Uses zip cord or heavy speaker
cable IIRC. Receives from long wave all the way up to 2,500 Mhz. About 25
feet vertical. Hope this helps. Eric

RHF

May 9, 2008, 6:47:07 PM5/9/08
-
- I don't have area to install long wire antennas.
-
- I will be willing to pay up to $ 175.00 for a good vertical
- antenna that will work for the above frequency range.

Aezael,

Here are Three small-short Vertical Active Antennas to
Mount Outside away from the House and Up-in-the-Air
to consider :

@ $150 - F Engineering H-800 "Skymatch" Active Antenna
Covers LW + AM/MW + Shortwave Bands : 10 kHz ~ 50 MHz
http://www.grove-ent.com/ANT15.html

@ $150 - MFJ-1024 Vertical Whip Active Antenna
Covers : LW + AM/MW + Shortwave Band : 50 kHz ~ 30 MHz
http://www.universal-radio.com/catalog/sw_ant/1132.html

@ $200 - McKay Dymek DA-100E Broad-Band Active Antenna
Covers : LW + AM/MW + Shortwave Band : 50? kHz ~ 30 MHz
http://www.universal-radio.com/catalog/sw_ant/0328.html

READ : Three 'Tips' For Most Active Antennas :
Location + Grounding + Mounting
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.radio.shortwave/msg/fe4b0674c12e9f59
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.radio.shortwave/msg/e03aef5c0cbe3e82

READ : Small Vertical {Omni} Active Shortwave Receiving Antenna
and Free-Standing "Grounded" Metal Mast {Top-Rail} Mounting
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.radio.shortwave/msg/81be298d354f68f8
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.radio.shortwave/msg/89d05099dc0d45fb

READ : SWL -Newbies- Beyond the "Tiny-Tenna"
-DIY- Active Antenna Kits and a lot more . . .
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.radio.shortwave/msg/b5d90a539eb30f90

READ : Shortwave Radio Listening (SWL) : Active Antenna ?
-or- Wire Antenna ?
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.radio.shortwave/msg/04ae30c852c6cb3c

READ : Sony AN-LP1 Portable SWL Active Antenna ?
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.radio.shortwave/msg/545678bf5098cf62
-If- You can not have an Outside Antenna.

DISCLAIMER - All Links/URLs are provide as sources of
Visual Reference for their Images and Technical Content :
They Do Not Constitute an Offer "For Sale".
.
.
it's good to be in-the-loop - iane ~ RHF {pomkia}
.
Are You Interested in building a better Shortwave Listening*
(SWL) Antenna ? {SWL Group} => http://tinyurl.com/ogvcf
.
RHF's Standard "Shortwave Radio Listener (SWL) Antennas Group"
Reference Message Signature-Line => http://tinyurl.com/25zbrg
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.radio.shortwave/msg/411dac3b4a1798e0
.
* Remember 55.5% of Shortwave Radio Listening (SWL)
is the Shortwave Antenna =>http://tinyurl.com/ogvcf
.
RHF's Radio Shack in Twain Harte, California -USA-
SHACK INFO =>http://tinyurl.com/2skmxm
Shortwave Radio / Receiver and SWL Antenna Info
.
-=2SKMXM=-
-=25ZBRG=-
SWR3:SWL:INFO
.

dave

May 10, 2008, 6:45:12 AM5/10/08

You can get an MFJ-1024 or a Dymek DA-100(E?)

Bob Miller

May 10, 2008, 2:37:48 PM5/10/08

Get an MFJ 16010 random wire tuner and stretch a piece of wire or
tubing up as high as you can.

bob
k5qwg

RHF

May 10, 2008, 8:14:53 PM5/10/08
On May 10, 11:37 am, Bob Miller <NOS...@neosoft.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 09 May 2008 16:03:48 -0500, aezael wrote:
- -
- - I would like to know if anybody has seen a vertical antenna
- - that will work on frequencies from 1600Khz to 30.000mhz ?
- -
- - I don't have area to install long wire antennas.
- -
- - I will be willing to pay up to $ 175.00 for a good vertical
- - antenna that will work for the above frequency range.

- Get an MFJ 16010 random wire tuner and stretch a piece
- of wire or tubing up as high as you can.
-
- bob
- k5qwg

Bob [K5QWG],

There is a better 'alternative' -IF- There is a place to Rig a
Vertical Wire Antenna Element that can be stretched-out
at least 15 or more Feet from the Ground into the Air and
also at at least 15 or more Feet away from the House.

Limited Space All Wave Vertical Antenna :
The MFJ-Snake Vertical Antenna !

The Snake Antenna made from a single piece of Coax Cable
can be used in conjunction with the MFJ-1020 : The Snake
Antenna functions as a Remote "Sense" Antenna and the
MFJ-1020 functions as an Active Pre-Selector between the
Antenna and the Radio / Receiver.

READ - The In-Door Shortwave Listener (SWL) Antenna
-with- An Out-Side Antenna Element
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.radio.shortwave/msg/80a916f4cc134e1d
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.radio.shortwave/msg/3eb0d610a70a61f2

READ - Why Choose : The MFJ-1020 ? -vice- The MFJ-1045 ?
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.radio.shortwave/msg/91c6bbeecac9d575

READ - A Simple External Antenna 'Combo' - The MFJ-Snake !
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.radio.shortwave/msg/4f0482421d02e624
.
.
let's all wave and say antenna - iane ~ RHF {pomkia}