Ian Forestal/Infernal Familiar

Kushiel

May 17, 2010, 2:40:30 PM5/17/10
I have Ian Forestal in play, with no discipline skillcards and an
Infernal Familiar. If Ian plays cards which require disciplines other
than Auspex, Dominate or Thaumaturgy, may I choose to add counters to
the Familiar?

Ian Forestal
Ian may play cards that require a Discipline as though he has the
basic level of that Discipline.

Infernal Familiar
The vampire with this retainer can play a card that requires a
Discipline he or she does not have as if he or she had the basic level
of that Discipline; if he or she does so, place an investment counter
on the Infernal Familiar.

John Eno

LSJ

May 17, 2010, 3:37:28 PM5/17/10
On May 17, 2:40 pm, Kushiel <invisibleking...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have Ian Forestal in play, with no discipline skillcards and an
> Infernal Familiar. If Ian plays cards which require disciplines other
> than Auspex, Dominate or Thaumaturgy, may I choose to add counters to
> the Familiar?

Yes.

If you use the Familiar's ability to enable Ian to play the card, the
Familiar gets a counter.
If you use Ian's ability to enable Ian to play the card, the Familiar
does not get a counter.

alex fnurp

May 17, 2010, 3:38:31 PM5/17/10
On 17 Maj, 20:40, Kushiel <invisibleking...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have Ian Forestal in play, with no discipline skillcards and an
> Infernal Familiar. If Ian plays cards which require disciplines other
> than Auspex, Dominate or Thaumaturgy, may I choose to add counters to
> the Familiar?

Yes, I'm going to highlight the importan words :)

> Ian Forestal
> Ian *****may****** play cards that require a Discipline as though he has the

> basic level of that Discipline.
>
> Infernal Familiar

> The vampire with this retainer *****can***** play a card that requires a

> Discipline he or she does not have as if he or she had the basic level
> of that Discipline; if he or she does so, place an investment counter
> on the Infernal Familiar.
>
> John Eno

Your choice if you use Ian or the Familiars cardtext.

Kushiel

May 17, 2010, 5:00:32 PM5/17/10
On May 17, 3:37 pm, LSJ <vtes...@white-wolf.com> wrote:
> On May 17, 2:40 pm, Kushiel <invisibleking...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I have Ian Forestal in play, with no discipline skillcards and an
> > Infernal Familiar. If Ian plays cards which require disciplines other
> > than Auspex, Dominate or Thaumaturgy, may I choose to add counters to
> > the Familiar?
>
> Yes.
>
> If you use the Familiar's ability to enable Ian to play the card, the
> Familiar gets a counter.
> If you use Ian's ability to enable Ian to play the card, the Familiar
> does not get a counter.

Great. Thanks.

John Eno

XZealot

May 17, 2010, 6:50:09 PM5/17/10

In such a situation could you play any dual dicipline cards through
the use of both Ian's special and the infernal familiar?

James Coupe

May 17, 2010, 7:07:52 PM5/17/10
XZealot <xze...@cox.net> wrote:
>In such a situation could you play any dual dicipline cards through
>the use of both Ian's special and the infernal familiar?

To get two disciplines Ian Forestal doesn't have? No.

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/msg/3d4aa6e913ee7940
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/msg/25071cd820b19994

--
James Coupe
PGP Key: 0x5D623D5D YOU ARE IN ERROR.

Pullen

May 18, 2010, 2:45:33 AM5/18/10

No but u can steal 7 caps some how (Mind Rape), and the Heidelberg the
thing over to burn it :)