(LSJ) Julius + Rubicon

botipeti

Sep 22, 2009, 6:10:19 AM9/22/09
Hi!

If Julius bum's rushes say Nana Buruku then plays Mummify as a strike
and burns, can a 9+ cap titled vampire with the same controller as
Julius burn Nana with Rubicon?
What if Julius doesn't play Mummify, but Nana strikes Slam which sends
Julius to torpor triggering his burning text? Can the other vampire
play Rubicon then?

Julius
Clan: Caitiff (group 2)
Capacity: 1
Disciplines: qui ser
Camarilla: If Julius goes into torpor, burn him.

Rubicon
Type: Action
Requires: titled
+1 stealth action. Requires a titled vampire.
(D) Burn a younger non-titled vampire who has burned one of your non-
Red List vampires since your last turn.

Mummify
Type: Combat
Requires: Serpentis
[ser] Strike: combat ends. This vampire untaps and goes into torpor;
put this card on the vampire. This vampire cannot attempt a leave
torpor action. Burn this card if the vampire leaves torpor.
[SER] As above, but this vampire may attempt a leave torpor action.

LSJ

Sep 22, 2009, 6:59:17 AM9/22/09
botipeti wrote:
> Hi!
>
> If Julius bum's rushes say Nana Buruku then plays Mummify as a strike
> and burns, can a 9+ cap titled vampire with the same controller as
> Julius burn Nana with Rubicon?

Yes.

> What if Julius doesn't play Mummify, but Nana strikes Slam which sends
> Julius to torpor triggering his burning text? Can the other vampire
> play Rubicon then?

Yes.

FVicentini

Sep 22, 2009, 7:08:40 AM9/22/09
> > [SER] As above, but this vampire may attempt a leave torpor action.- Hide quoted text -

ok , thats completly nuts ^^ , ill build a deck

Nikolaj "Lord of the Betrayers" Wendt

Sep 22, 2009, 8:57:08 AM9/22/09
> ok , thats completly nuts ^^ , ill build a deck- Skjul tekst i anførselstegn -
>
> - Vis tekst i anførselstegn -

I totally agree.
Nuts in the awesome way of course.

Myrdin

Sep 22, 2009, 9:18:56 AM9/22/09
On Sep 22, 2:57 pm, "Nikolaj \"Lord of the Betrayers\" Wendt"
> Nuts in the awesome way of course.- Hide quoted text -

Indeed awesome.

So the deck would be Julius, mummify, Rubicon and Possession possibly.

Hah, off to see what I can build!

/Ivan

henrik

Sep 22, 2009, 9:34:58 AM9/22/09
On Sep 22, 12:59 pm, LSJ <vtes...@white-wolf.com> wrote:

> > Hi!
>
> > If Julius bum's rushes say Nana Buruku then plays Mummify as a strike
> > and burns, can a 9+ cap titled vampire with the same controller as
> > Julius burn Nana with Rubicon?
>
> Yes.

Can you elaborate that one a bit?
I don't really see why Nana Buruku would be considered to have burned
Julius.

LSJ

Sep 22, 2009, 9:49:26 AM9/22/09
henrik wrote:
> On Sep 22, 12:59 pm, LSJ <vtes...@white-wolf.com> wrote:
>
>>> Hi!
>>> If Julius bum's rushes say Nana Buruku then plays Mummify as a strike
>>> and burns, can a 9+ cap titled vampire with the same controller as
>>> Julius burn Nana with Rubicon?
>> Yes.
>
> Can you elaborate that one a bit?
> I don't really see why Nana Buruku would be considered to have burned
> Julius.

Nana is the opposing minion.

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/msg/e9571d940dfbfb38

henrik

Sep 22, 2009, 10:37:14 AM9/22/09
> http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/msg/e957...

They're not in combat though. The combat is ended by Mummify before
Julius is burned (sent to torpor), or am I missing something?
If Nana attempted to strike Julius with Sengir Dagger and someone
played Rotschreck on him, would Rubicon be playable on Nana in that
case as well?

Orava

Sep 22, 2009, 10:43:39 AM9/22/09
Any deck with Julius in it is awesome by default. Having Julius
actually do something constructive is just added awesomeness sprikled
on top.

LSJ

Sep 22, 2009, 11:07:34 AM9/22/09
henrik wrote:
> On Sep 22, 3:49 pm, LSJ <vtes...@white-wolf.com> wrote:
>> henrik wrote:
>>> Can you elaborate that one a bit?
>>> I don't really see why Nana Buruku would be considered to have burned
>>> Julius.
>> Nana is the opposing minion.
>>
>> http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/msg/e957...
>
> They're not in combat though. The combat is ended by Mummify before
> Julius is burned (sent to torpor), or am I missing something?

Hrm. Right. Mummify's untap effect goes off in combat, but the torpor part
happens after.

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/msg/f92b7b8fcd028a33

So it doesn't work for Rubicon after all.

henrik

Sep 22, 2009, 11:14:00 AM9/22/09
On Sep 22, 5:07 pm, LSJ <vtes...@white-wolf.com> wrote:

> >> Nana is the opposing minion.
>
> >>http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/msg/e957...
>
> > They're not in combat though. The combat is ended by Mummify before
> > Julius is burned (sent to torpor), or am I missing something?
>
> Hrm. Right. Mummify's untap effect goes off in combat, but the torpor part
> happens after.
>

> http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/msg/f92b...

> So it doesn't work for Rubicon after all.

Current card text of Mummify seems to say that the untap happens after
combat has ended as well. I suppose that changes the old Psyche!-
ruling slightly.
Copied from white-wolf.com:

Mummify [AH:U5]
Cardtype: Combat
Discipline: Serpentis

[ser] Strike: combat ends. This vampire untaps and goes into torpor;
put this card on the vampire. This vampire cannot {attempt a leave

torpor action}. Burn this card if the vampire leaves torpor.

LSJ

Sep 22, 2009, 11:25:18 AM9/22/09
henrik wrote:

>>> They're not in combat though. The combat is ended by Mummify before
>>> Julius is burned (sent to torpor), or am I missing something?
>> Hrm. Right. Mummify's untap effect goes off in combat, but the torpor part
>> happens after.
>>
>> http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/msg/f92b...
>>
>> So it doesn't work for Rubicon after all.
>
> Current card text of Mummify seems to say that the untap happens after
> combat has ended as well.

But it doesn't.

http://www.thelasombra.com/rules/RTR512.txt

Effects that end combat and then do something else after combat (all in the
single resolution of the effect) will fizzle if combat doesn't end or if a
new combat is started. (Changes: Rotschreck followed by Fast Reaction or
Psyche! will nullify the torpor effect.) Note that this doesn't apply to
end combat and untap effects - the untap effect is not delayed to after
combat

botipeti

Sep 23, 2009, 5:30:34 AM9/23/09
> > What if Julius doesn't play Mummify, but Nana strikes Slam which sends
> > Julius to torpor triggering his burning text? Can the other vampire
> > play Rubicon then?
>
> Yes.

Is this part still true or also not?

LSJ

Sep 23, 2009, 6:40:37 AM9/23/09

botipeti

Sep 23, 2009, 7:07:37 AM9/23/09
> http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/msg/3221...

Well, in this message you only talked about Mummify's torpor effect. I
meant what happens when Julius goes to torpor in combat (for example
Nana strikes him with a Slam).

LSJ

Sep 23, 2009, 7:11:57 AM9/23/09

Oh, sorry. Right: if he burns in combat, the opposing minion is considered to
have burned him.

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/msg/0fb40db45763357c

The Lasombra

Sep 23, 2009, 1:21:37 PM9/23/09
On Sep 22, 6:10 am, botipeti wrote:
> If Julius bum's rushes say Nana Buruku then plays Mummify as a strike
> and burns, can a 9+ cap titled vampire with the same controller as
> Julius burn Nana with Rubicon?

Channeling the Beast is the strike you want Julius to play. (Pay a
blood for +1 strength, to ensure that any damaging strike gets you
into torpor.)

> What if Julius doesn't play Mummify, but Nana strikes Slam which sends
> Julius to torpor triggering his burning text? Can the other vampire
> play Rubicon then?

This works.

witness1

Sep 23, 2009, 2:20:16 PM9/23/09
On Sep 23, 1:21 pm, The Lasombra <thelasom...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> On Sep 22, 6:10 am, botipeti wrote:
>
> > If Julius bum's rushes say Nana Buruku then plays Mummify as a strike
> > and burns, can a 9+ cap titled vampire with the same controller as
> > Julius burn Nana with Rubicon?
>
> Channeling the Beast is the strike you want Julius to play.  (Pay a
> blood for +1 strength, to ensure that any damaging strike gets you
> into torpor.)

Thin Blood, Wave of Lethargy, WWS + Baal's Bloody Talons, Scorpion's
Touch, Typhonic Beast, Cobra Fangs, or Skin of the Adder would also be
good.

-witness1

Dr.Mafrune

Sep 23, 2009, 6:05:12 PM9/23/09

I have the name for the deck: "Oh my God, they killed Julius! ...You
bastards!"

Myrdin

Sep 23, 2009, 7:51:44 PM9/23/09
> bastards!"- Hide quoted text -

How would Zipgun work with strike: combat ends. Would you still get
the damage at strike resolution and go to torpor in combat?

Otherwise Zipgun / Weather control could work to bypass the Strike:
combat ends problem.

/Ivan

Alf

Sep 24, 2009, 3:56:12 AM9/24/09

I suggest Julius uses Zip Gun in combination with say Wave of
Lethargy.
-> burns him even on a dodge
-> ability to maneuver back to close against long range combat
avoidance
-> re-useable Zip Gun after S:CE (during the next combat)

Alf

blackday

Oct 2, 2009, 6:57:44 PM10/2/09

thats true, but you can just play trap i doubt julius would stay
untorpored after three rounds. Although zip gun is pretty good by
utself as well.