Blade clot

niko...@hotmail.com

Jun 12, 2008, 7:48:32 AM6/12/08
Can you "go to torpor" even though you are there already?

Requires an anarch. Only usable when this anarch diablerizes a vampire
with capacity 5 or more. Put this card in play with 3 clot counters.
When an anarch you control inflicts hand or melee weapon damage, you
may move a clot counter from this card to the opposing minion. A
minion with a clot counter goes to torpor or is burned during his or
her untap phase. If an older vampire rescues the vampire, burn the
clot counter.

Its the last bit I am curious about. Does it mean that a minion must
go to torpor or if he is there already, he is burned?
Or is it merely to indicate that it will burn allies?

LSJ

Jun 12, 2008, 8:25:13 AM6/12/08
niko...@hotmail.com wrote:
> Can you "go to torpor" even though you are there already?

Yes.
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/msg/a2612fa60e1405a9
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/msg/7912d61927735cec
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/msg/e47ce1443f1be000
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/msg/1301d630ace6feff

> Its the last bit I am curious about. Does it mean that a minion must
> go to torpor or if he is there already, he is burned?
> Or is it merely to indicate that it will burn allies?

The latter (or a vampire's controller can choose to burn him, if desired).

Joscha

Jun 18, 2008, 12:15:55 PM6/18/08
On 12 Jun., 14:25, LSJ <vtes...@white-wolf.com> wrote:

> nikol...@hotmail.com wrote:
> > Can you "go to torpor" even though you are there already?
>
> Yes.http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/msg/a261...http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/msg/7912...http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/msg/e47c...http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/msg/1301...

> > Its the last bit I am curious about. Does it mean that a minion must
> > go to torpor or if he is there already, he is burned?
> > Or is it merely to indicate that it will burn allies?
>
> The latter (or a vampire's controller can choose to burn him, if desired).

What about a clotted vampire with a Fame on her? If the controller
decides in the untap to not burn her does he has to pay the three pool
for her entering torpor?
I'd say yes, as the vampire enters torpor regardless where she was
before and so the condition of Fame is fulfilled.

John Flournoy

Jun 18, 2008, 1:09:48 PM6/18/08
On Jun 18, 11:15 am, Joscha <joscha.du...@gmx.de> wrote:
> On 12 Jun., 14:25, LSJ <vtes...@white-wolf.com> wrote:
>
> > nikol...@hotmail.com wrote:
> > > Can you "go to torpor" even though you are there already?
>
> > Yes.http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/msg/a261......

> > > Its the last bit I am curious about. Does it mean that a minion must
> > > go to torpor or if he is there already, he is burned?
> > > Or is it merely to indicate that it will burn allies?
>
> > The latter (or a vampire's controller can choose to burn him, if desired).
>
> What about a clotted vampire with a Fame on her? If the controller
> decides in the untap to not burn her does he has to pay the three pool
> for her entering torpor?
> I'd say yes, as the vampire enters torpor regardless where she was
> before and so the condition of Fame is fulfilled.

You don't burn the three pool again.

The parallel would be Vampiric Disease. "When an afflicted vampire
untaps, he or she burns a blood"

A Disease'd vampire does not burn a blood during the untap phase
unless they actually change from tapped to untapped - even though all
your untapped cards technically untap at the start of your turn.

Similarly, Fame triggers on actually going from ready to torpor, not
simply being subjected to a 'go to torpor' effect (while already in
torpor.)

The vampire isn't entering torpor - they were already there, so they
aren't going anywhere (and Fame doesn't trigger as a result.)

-John Flournoy

LSJ

Jun 18, 2008, 1:27:46 PM6/18/08
John Flournoy wrote:
> On Jun 18, 11:15 am, Joscha <joscha.du...@gmx.de> wrote:

>>> Yes.http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/msg/a261......
>>> The latter (or a vampire's controller can choose to burn him, if desired).
>> What about a clotted vampire with a Fame on her? If the controller
>> decides in the untap to not burn her does he has to pay the three pool
>> for her entering torpor?
>> I'd say yes, as the vampire enters torpor regardless where she was
>> before and so the condition of Fame is fulfilled.
>
> You don't burn the three pool again.

Correct.