New Impact factor of journals

Rahmatullah Qureshi

Jun 6, 2012, 1:30:35 AM6/6/12
to Pakistan Uni. teachers
Dear All
Please find attached herewith fresh list of research journals. It is worthwhile to mention that Pakistan Journal of Botany reduced about half impact factor comapred to last last year (0.947). I must acknowledge the efforts of previous chief editor (Dr. Abdul Ghaffar), who uplifted the journal.
Regards

Dr. Rahmatullah Qureshi,

Associate Professor,

Department of Botany,

Pir Mehr Ali Shah Arid Agriculture University,

Murree Road, Rawalpindi

03006730496

Copy of IMPACT FACTOR LIST.xls

cuti

Jun 6, 2012, 9:59:02 PM6/6/12
to Pakistani University Teachers Forum
this list is not fresh.
these journal impact factors are released in 2010 (based on citation
2009) and two years old
after that a list released in may 2011 ( based on 2010 citations).
new and fresh list is expected in end of this month. that will be 2012
impact factors.

please do not use these impact factors now.

Dr. Asif
On Jun 6, 1:30 am, Rahmatullah Qureshi <rahmatull...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Dear All
> Please find attached herewith fresh list of research journals. It is worthwhile to mention that Pakistan Journal of Botany reduced about half impact factor comapred to last last year (0.947). I must acknowledge the efforts of previous chief editor (Dr. Abdul Ghaffar), who uplifted the journal.
> Regards
>
> Dr. Rahmatullah Qureshi,Associate Professor,Department of Botany,Pir Mehr Ali Shah Arid Agriculture University,Murree Road, Rawalpindi03006730496
>
>  Copy
> 1555KViewDownload

Naveed Raja

Jun 7, 2012, 6:34:58 AM6/7/12
to Rahmatullah Qureshi
Dear sir,
              Why not we should acknowledge the efforts of present editorial board and governing body for such a nice performance.
                    regards.

Dr. Naveed Iqbal Raja
Assistant Professor
Department of Botany
PMAS Arid Agriculture University Rawalpindi
Pakistan

Dr Qaisar Mahmood

Jun 7, 2012, 7:58:21 AM6/7/12
to Naveed Raja, Rahmatullah Qureshi, pu...@googlegroups.com
Dear Dr sahib

Its really sorry that the impact factor of PJB has fallen to almost half (0.8 to 0.5) in spite of increasing the number of issues. It is not worth cherishing.

I again emphasize and request to editorial board of PJB to be serious and accept papers on MERIT.

Thanks
Dr Qaisar Mahmood TI
Associate Professor,
Department of Environmental Sciences,
COMSATS Institute of Information Technology Abbottabad, Pakistan
drqa...@ciit.net.pk
+92-992-383592-6 Ext. 312

Dr Qaisar Mahmood

Jun 7, 2012, 2:15:18 PM6/7/12
to cuti, pu...@googlegroups.com
You are right sir,, list not fresh one..........

Saif Ullah

Jun 8, 2012, 12:54:19 AM6/8/12
to Naveed Raja, Dr Qaisar Mahmood, Rahmatullah Qureshi, pu...@googlegroups.com
I will not float any comments on this forum about the performance of PJB, because in future the PJB will reject every paper of mine without review process, as it had happend with me many times. This journal is just meant to increase the impact factor of few faculty members of specific group and editorial board members.

Dr Khalid Javed

Jun 7, 2012, 2:33:45 PM6/7/12
to Rahmatullah Qureshi, Pakistan Uni. teachers
Dear Dr. Qureshi

The list attached is not a fresh impact factor list. It is an old list released in 2010 based on citations of 2009. Fresh list is expected by the end of June. Please do not confuse the things

Prof. Dr. Khalid Javed
Editor The JAPS

Jun 9, 2012, 4:31:35 AM6/9/12
to Dr Khalid Javed, Ijaz Rasool, Pakistan Uni. teachers
Dears!
 It is good that many people are concerned about the performance of present management and the impact of PJB. We have to wait and also all of us have to play our role in uplifting the journal. If we will be citing references from pjb in our international publications it will help to raise the impact factor. So please always consider the information from this journal in your writeups. Hope our joint efforts along with management will help to boost the status of our national leading journal.
Regards

Nadeem Akhtar Abbasi
Chairman/ Professor
Department of Horticulture
PMAS-Arid Agriculture University Rawalpindi,
Post Code 46300
PAKISTAN
Tel  + 92 51 9290771
Fax + 92 51 9290160

Ahrar Khan

Jun 8, 2012, 8:32:12 PM6/8/12
to pu...@googlegroups.com
Dear All:

I am going to request you all that New Impact factor of journals has not yet released by ISI Thomson, please discontinue this discussion till 30-June 2012 when new impact factor will be announced.

Regards,
======================================
AHRAR KHAN, DVM, Ph.D (UAF),
Professor, Department of Pathology,
Director, Quality Enhancement Cell,
Editor, Pakistan Veterinary Journal,
University of Agriculture,
Faisalabad-38040, Pakistan.
Tel Off: 0092 41 9200161-170 Ext. 3119,
Mob. 0092 333 6517844

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Group putf.
You can post via email.
To unsubscribe from this group, send an empty message.
For more options, visit this group.

Dr Qaisar Mahmood

Jun 9, 2012, 1:16:40 PM6/9/12
to nadeem abbasi, Dr Khalid Javed, Ijaz Rasool, Pakistan Uni. teachers
Dear Professor Abbasi sahib

We certainly want to uplift the impact factor and citations of PJB, however, our respectable colleagues have compalints of not entertaining their papers in PJB. How to compensate those people who cant publish in PJB and their papers are rejected without any review?

Few months back some colleague had shown data regarding publications of some office bearers of PJB in which it was highlighted that bulk of their publications were in PJB. Nobody had commented over that email.

I dont mean to let down anyone here, all are my respectable colleagues, it is just to remind you all that please be serious and do things on merit.

Thats all...

Regards