My Point of View--Professors not behind politicians in corrupt practices - a story from Arid Agriculture University

Zia Ul-Qayyum

Apr 25, 2012, 1:47:53 PM4/25/12
to pu...@googlegroups.com, buland...@gmail.com
Dear All
I'd like to share the following facts about the allegations raised against me in the subject email by Mr Buland Zameer:

-- I think that the sender should have the moral courage to share his signatures at  least to disclose his identity, if he was sure that the allegations are provable.
-- I won't comment on part of email message related to others although the sender has distorted the facts to mislead the members of this group --- they may respond accordingly, if they like to.
-- I'd like to mention following points for kind information of members of this group:

1.  I had joined this University on University's request on deputation from NUST and I had requested the VC to relieve me of my duties -- I had taken this decision due to non-cooperative and hostile attitude of some of the officials/offices in University and after getting sick of mindless fellows making intrigues against me.

2. As far as charge of embezzlement are concerned; I'm just surprised that either the sender of this email is novice or is not aware of purchase process in Govt. sector. Please look at following points to get an insight :

(i)  The Director only sends a request for purchase to the Univ. Purchase Office
(ii) The Purchase Officer seeks approval of Vice Chancellor through Finance/Treasurer Office
(iiI) After approval of VC, the Registrar office arranges to publish the tender (if required) and Purcahse office again receives offers/quotations in sealed envelopes
(iv) The purchase officer opens all offers and gets a comparative statement signed by the Univ. Purchase Committee and later issues the 'Purchase Order' to lowest bidder after getting it approved from the VC.
(v)  The vendor supplies the institute/requester the desired equipment and the invoice is again submitted to the Purchase office by the vendor/supplier.
(vi) The user/request initiator signs the invoice to verify the receipt of equipment and ascertains that it conforms to technical specifications as advertised in tender.
(vii)  The Treasurer office makes payment after completing all codal formalities.

CAN I ASK, AT WHICH STEP ANYONE AT MY LEVEL IS INVOLVED IN APPROVALS OR PAYMENTS......???

I therefore strongly condemn the baseless allegations levelled against me.

As far as my contribution to the University is concerned, following few things are worth pointing out:

-- Made arrangements and got the BS(CS) program accredited -- although the accreditation should have been complete few years earlier.

-- Established a 'Professional Development Centre' at UIIT to offer CPD courses n Computing & Project Management -- the centre was being run at self sustaining model contributing a small amount to the University resources as well.
-
-- Deployment of an open source VOIP exchange with minimal cost and thus saving at least 2.0 million of rupees compared to any proprietary solution of this kind. This facility has increased the capacity of exchange from mere 96 lines to more than 3000 connections.

-- Restructuring and extension of University Data Centre

-- Design and implementation of "Campus Management System" with a team of professionals to automate university processes -- this solution is still in use despite many false claims about it by the current regime. This indigenous solution saved at least 3.0 to 3.5 million rupees compared to any other solution (like one provided by HEC through PopleSoft).

-- Made qualified faculty to join UIIT including few PhDs to strengthen and further improve academic processes.

Having said this, I'd request Mr Zameer to re-verify his assertions made against me and if anything is found worth reporting, please present it to the Univ authorities with proofs; otherwise stop raising your baseless allegations. Although the email text implies the senders camp and intentions, but I'd suggest 'Learn to point finger first towards yourself before you point it to others'.

With best regards
Zia

=========================

Prof. Dr .Zia Ul-Qayyum
Department of Computing & Technology
IQRA University
5- Khayaban-e-Johar
H-9, Islamabad

Dr.Tanveer Ahmad

Apr 26, 2012, 11:40:36 PM4/26/12
to Zia Ul-Qayyum, pu...@googlegroups.com, buland...@gmail.com
Dear Respected Colleagues:
Every teacher I think is respectable in the society and we as a teacher now losing this respect. We raise hue and cry on our colleagues without being analysing the situation and facts behind and before us. I am not in favour of anyone rather I just want to say that being belonging to teacher's community we must do some research before saying anything. Dr Zia (Ex AAUR Teacher) and Dr ME Babar  (UVAS Teacher) are dear to us but may not be dear to all. So please be realistic and do not trust on news. Off course there are issues in institutes but we must not behave as a News channel without any evidence. Please
Kind regards
Tanveer

Dr. Tanveer Ahmad,
                      Ph.D. (Animal Nutrition)
Associate Professor,
Faculty of Veterinary and Animal Sciences
PMAS-Arid Agriculture University,
Murree Road, 46300, RAWALPINDI
PAKISTAN
Tel: Off. ....Sorry..
Cell: +92-333-510-3351
Fax. +92-51-9290-160

Dr Muhammad Shaheen

Jun 8, 2012, 2:07:21 AM6/8/12
to Pakistani University Teachers Forum
Dear All,
AoA
I totally disagree with the baseless allegations charged against a
competent, hard-working and honest fellow above. I would like to add a
different perspective of the issue, the simplest principle of justice
as per current design of our society is "When one is not retaliated
and oppressed, this should be cared off because a person standing for
righteousness will always face severe retaliation and opposition" (as
per current design of society, this needs to be emphasized that as per
current design).
One does have the right to make logical conflicts with a person but to
blame one's personality without evidence is the biggest of the
injustice.
May Allah enables all to understand what is rright.

--
Dr. Muhammad Shaheen
Assistant Professor (UIIT)