The Odroid-T and his characteristics

ladvan91

Apr 18, 2010, 5:26:44 AM4/18/10
to odroid developer discuss
I am interesting in the new Odroid-T. However, I want to know
somethings:
the gps, will it be internal or external?
Bluetooth,1.3, 2.0 or 2.1?
Wifi, b/g or b/g/n?
Will the software of the touch screen implement multitouch?
Will the battery be the same of last version? If not, what will the
battery capacity be?
What will the approximate price be?

regards

Alvaro

TruAddict

Apr 18, 2010, 5:48:06 AM4/18/10
to odroid developer discuss
Currently I am an owner of odroid device and what I think about all of
that is HardKernel company isnt interested in developing Android OS
for their devices.
This doesnt matter if you are, for example, platform (or device)
developer but does matter if you are only application developer and
you just need stable hardware and software platform to focus on
developing of applications only (and you dont want to debug device and
compile linux kernel).
As a fact HardKernel promised to release Android 2.1 for ODROID in
early march. So where is it? Of course we have a beta version, but it
contains some errors, which prevent this version from comfort usage
and application development.
And what we see now is "sold out" status of odroid device in
HardKernel store. Now HardKernel goal is to sell as many Odroid-T
devices as they can. And then we possibly will see somewhat like
odroid-X or odroid-S...and none of these will have *stable* and fully-
working OS.
So I think it doesnt matter what the TTX will be, but it will be not
successful device.

Justin Lee

Apr 18, 2010, 6:03:08 AM4/18/10
to odroid-devel...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

Odroid-T is still under development.
But, we can say preliminary spec as below.

1. GPS can be attached externally. But, it comes with Odroid-T package.
2. WiFi is b/g and Bluetooth is 2.0+EDR
3. Capacitive Touch screen has dual finger input capability. Yes, it is
multi-touch.
4. Battery has about 5 times of Odroid capacity. It is slightly larger than
6,000mAh approx.
5. Price is not confirmed yet. I think it will be very similar to iPad.

If you need polished OS and shining body case, buy Apple's iPad.
If you are a developer who needs full schematics and platform source code,
buy Hardkernel's Odroid-T.

Thanks,

Justin Lee

Apr 18, 2010, 6:40:33 AM4/18/10
to odroid-devel...@googlegroups.com
Hi.

I think we need to understand each other.

We don't have inventory of Odroid at this moment. It is true.
There are still regular demands and we are preparing materials for
production in our factory.
Originally we had about 1~2 month buffer stock, but suddenly some company
bought all of them and sold out.
New production of Odroid is scheduled in middle of June but delivery of
materials are very late.
We could sell only few numbers and will be similar because of limited market
demand.

BTW, can you guess how many people are working in Hardkernel?
Hardkernel is a tiny company.

But, we tried to make Odroid OS updates as many as we could.
We launched Odroid in last Nov and released OS updates for 5~6 stages.
It is pretty much frequent cycle of release.
We also opened whole source code as much as we could.

OS development is still on going.
For example, some guys requested better Bluetooth connectivity with more
profile.
So, we are developing with Bluez stack of Android core to improve the
Bluetooth usage.

As you may know we released OS update only few weeks ago.
Kernel and Android platform development is not a simple toy.
Very complicated and time consuming process.
So, we need to define the priority with feed back from application
developers.

I really hope you understand our situation.
And we can talk about future plan.

Thanks,
Apr 18, 2010, 1:46:10 PM4/18/10
to odroid developer discuss
Hi,

The GPS, the sales package, will come built into the motherboard or
the USB port of Odroid-T?
Is the battery is replaceable?
Debug board of Odroid will compateble with Odroid-T?
Does the HDMI output is mini?
Supports microSD slot, SD or SDHC? and slot SD?
What is the battery life, listening to music? GPS? WiFi?
Is the burden of fixture will take place as Odroid or will have a
specific charger?
USB port, what file systems supported?

Thanks,

Justin Lee

Apr 18, 2010, 9:43:32 PM4/18/10
to odroid-devel...@googlegroups.com
Hi~

Full specification will be released within couple of weeks.
Please be patient. Sorry.

Thanks,
-Justin-
Apr 19, 2010, 1:23:51 PM4/19/10
to odroid-devel...@googlegroups.com
 OR how I about I don't buy an over priced piece of garbage(Ipad). Also if your sincerly SINCERLY using the Ipad as your price point, when its nothing more then a gutted Ipod with dual batteries and a larger screen. I fear what "sacrifices" will come in the development of the Odroid. I was originally interested in this system/project because it would have been a very top-tier multiple  emulator portable device. Unlike the recent iteration of Gamepark/Gamepark Holdings; point is the direction your going is alienating potential sales, by catering to developers only and then telling other people to get an Ipad if that want stability and fuctionality. As I said before if I wanted a stupid piece of garbage, why am I here and not Apple :).

Hyok S. Choi

Apr 21, 2010, 12:19:55 AM4/21/10
to odroid-devel...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

What about Camera?
I was disappointed when I came to know that odroid had no camera on it.

Best,
Hyok
--
HYOK S. CHOI
Senior Engineer

starwars

Apr 21, 2010, 10:09:53 AM4/21/10
to odroid developer discuss
Hello

Long time to see (최혁승씨)
I'm Hakjoo,KIm

ODROID-T can use Camera over USB Host 2.0

Best regards.
ruppi
> e-mail: hyok.c...@samsung.com
> [Linux ARM noMMU/MPU Kernel Maintainer]http://opensrc.sec.samsung.com- 원본 텍스트 숨기기 -
>
> - 원본 텍스트 보기 -

nes

Apr 21, 2010, 9:13:50 PM4/21/10
to odroid developer discuss
Greetings!

Since ODROID-T can become a USB2 host, will it have the capability of
installing third-party drivers (Linux? Proprietary? etc.) for
unrecognizable devices and/or better device support?

Thanks!

Best regards.
> > [Linux ARM noMMU/MPU Kernel Maintainer]http://opensrc.sec.samsung.com-원본 텍스트 숨기기 -

Chih-Wei

Apr 25, 2010, 10:21:58 PM4/25/10
to odroid developer discuss
I think the most serious problem of odroid is,
it didn't provide the git history of the source.
You haven't update the git server for a long time.
Just providing a source tarball is not enough.
It's hard for the community to understand
what you really did.

Loot at the other Android based projects like
0xdroid, cyanogenmod, rowboat, embinux,
or my android-x86, all of them provide
full git repositories so developers can easily
exchange information and achievements.

As I said before, if you have any technical problem
to do so, I would like to help.
I've sent several such public or private messages
to you, but all are ignored.
Seems you don't like others to join this project.

Just because you are a small company,
you need even more the open source methodology.
However, in my opinion, odroid is not a real open source
project (yet).

--
Chih-Wei
http://www.android-x86.org

lkcl

Apr 27, 2010, 7:11:03 PM4/27/10

On Apr 22, 1:13 am, nes <nes_liwa...@neugent.net> wrote:
> Greetings!
>
> Since ODROID-T can become a USB2 host, will it have the capability of
> installing third-party drivers (Linux? Proprietary? etc.) for
> unrecognizable devices and/or better device support?

nes: as the original odroid shows, you will always get the linux
kernel source code, therefore you will always be able to do whatever
you want.

l.

lkcl

Apr 27, 2010, 7:20:55 PM4/27/10

On Apr 26, 2:21 am, Chih-Wei <cwhu...@android-x86.org> wrote:
> I think the most serious problem of odroid is,
> it didn't provide the git history of the source.

i would put that down to inexperience.

> You haven't update the git server for a long time.

... small company.

> Just providing a source tarball is not enough.
> It's hard for the community to understand
> what you really did.

... you know what? until you've done reverse-engineering of a linux
kernel binary, you really don't know what "hard" really is. give
these guys some breathing space and some credit for actually releasing
source code (unlike some disappointing companies with an S3C6410-based
product i'm currently trying to work with: they're gpl violators).

you can always do your own diffs, ok? it's _not_ "hard". hard is
writing your own IDAPro IDC scripts and python scripts to identify
functions, parsing /proc/ksyms from a live-running binary kernel,
identifying the functions, identifying the closest known publicly-
released kernel source and working out the differences by reverse-
engineering ARM assembler, ok?

> Loot at the other Android based projects like

to be honest i don't give a fuck about android. the most important
thing is that there is _a_ linux kernel - working - and the second
most important thing is that much of the driver support (and
especially the s5pc1xx cpu series, thanks to ben dooks) is already in
the mainline linux kernel.

so you can always help these guys out by getting stuff into mainline
linux that's not there, right now.

the S5PC1xx series is a massively underestimated and misunderstood
CPU: the same people who are gpl violators also believe that the
S5PC110 is "not ready" which isn't true; they also believe that it
only supports DDR1 RAM which isn't true; they also believe that it
only has one USB 1.1 port which also isn't true. they love the
S5PV210 though (but can't get hold of it).

so, samsung has a looot of work to do, to catch up.

l.

lkcl

Apr 27, 2010, 7:30:12 PM4/27/10

On Apr 18, 10:03 am, "Justin Lee" <freeware3...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Odroid-T is still under development.

good.

justin: can you do it as an SO-DIMM design, where the CPU, RAM and
NAND are on a 200-pin 68mm SO-DIMM? is there room for an 8mm
clearance SO-DIMM inside the case?

the reason i ask is because i have someone working on exactly that
(an S5PC100 SO-DIMM), and it would be fantastic for the pin-outs to
become a "standard" by which motherboards and future designs could be
"upgraded" by merely replacing the CPU SO-DIMM.

i'm sure you see the benefits.

you also have the advantage that you would need a 6 or 8 layer
_small_ PCB for the SO-DIMM and you could get away with a 2-layer or 4-
layer board for the main motherboard. given that in this case the
main motherboard is probably quite large you might be saving money on
PCB costs (and you'll certainly reducing complexity) even with the
cost of the SO-DIMM socket to take into account.

also, if you designed this as an SO-DIMM-based system, i know of
someone who would be interested in doing an OMAP35xx SO-DIMM to fit,
and would be happy to simply buy the CPU-less system from you.

secondly: could you pleeaaase consider putting in, if you haven't
already done so, a 50mm x 30mm PCI-e USB-based socket, suitable for
housing a 3G modem such as the Huawei EM770, 730 or 775? i can send
you the pin-outs / schematics (it's a standard, but it helps to have
the specs, i know).

l.

Chih-Wei

Apr 28, 2010, 12:39:58 AM4/28/10
to odroid developer discuss
Well, I'm surprised to get such a reply.
First, I hope to know,
do you represent the viewpoint of
odroid project/developers?
If yes, I feel very disappointed.

To avoid off-topic discussion,
I changed the subject.

On 4月28日, 上午7時20分, lkcl <luke.leigh...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> On Apr 26, 2:21 am, Chih-Wei <cwhu...@android-x86.org> wrote:
> > I think the most serious problem of odroid is,
> > it didn't provide the git history of the source.
> i would put that down to inexperience.

Ok, maybe.

> > You haven't update the git server for a long time.
> ... small company.

A small company is not an excuse.
I, an inexperienced guy, can setup and maintain
git server solely.
There are already many free resources can be use,
like github, gitorious, and sourceforge.
If the odroid developers have trouble to do so,
I can help to solve it.
I can even provide my personal git server
to host odroid source.
Actually I have expressed my willing to help
odroid several times, by public or private messages.
Unfortunately, I got no reply yet.

> > Just providing a source tarball is not enough.
> > It's hard for the community to understand
> > what you really did.
>
> ... you know what? until you've done reverse-engineering of a linux
> kernel binary, you really don't know what "hard" really is. give
> these guys some breathing space and some credit for actually releasing
> source code (unlike some disappointing companies with an S3C6410-based
> product i'm currently trying to work with: they're gpl violators).

What I tried to express is,
it's hard for the free software community to work with
a source tarball without change history.
It potentially prevents volunteers to join the project.
Of course reverse-engineering is harder,
but that's unrelated to my point.

BTW, if you believe someone are GPL violators, sue them.
If you need legal help, I can introduce my friend
who hosted gpl-violations.org to you.

> you can always do your own diffs, ok? it's _not_ "hard". hard is
> writing your own IDAPro IDC scripts and python scripts to identify
> functions, parsing /proc/ksyms from a live-running binary kernel,
> identifying the functions, identifying the closest known publicly-
> released kernel source and working out the differences by reverse-
> engineering ARM assembler, ok?

Of course I can diff myself, and I already did.
That's a just time-consuming tasks.
Surely you can give more "harder" examples,
but so what? That's won't change the fact.

> > Loot at the other Android based projects like
>
> to be honest i don't give a fuck about android. the most important
> thing is that there is _a_ linux kernel - working - and the second
> most important thing is that much of the driver support (and
> especially the s5pc1xx cpu series, thanks to ben dooks) is already in
> the mainline linux kernel.
>
> so you can always help these guys out by getting stuff into mainline
> linux that's not there, right now.

If I didn't misunderstand your words, you must
misunderstand me very much.
An android system is not just a linux kernel tree,
it contains hundreds of projects that are userspace
libraries and applications.
You said I could help send these stuff into mainline kernel?
Surely you are joking.

Take a look at the projects I mentioned to see what
they really did.

The only things that may be merged into mainline kernel
are the android drivers developed by Google.
Actually I've already tried to help to get android drivers
into mainline kernel before. However, due to lack of support
from Google, Greg KH, the staging dir maintainer,
decided to drop the code.

> the S5PC1xx series is a massively underestimated and misunderstood
> CPU: the same people who are gpl violators also believe that the
> S5PC110 is "not ready" which isn't true; they also believe that it
> only supports DDR1 RAM which isn't true; they also believe that it
> only has one USB 1.1 port which also isn't true. they love the
> S5PV210 though (but can't get hold of it).
> so, samsung has a looot of work to do, to catch up.

Hmm, no comments, totally unrelated to my points.

To express my points more clearly,
I give a summary here:

* I'd like to help the odroid development,
if this is a truly open source project.
* I have developed my android tree on S5PC100
(and maybe S5PV210 later) that contains
some features not exist in current odroid tree.
I hope to contribute these parts to odroid.
* I hope odroid can provide git repositories
so that it can merge my tree and other android
projects much more easier.

I hope odroid developers can consider my points
carefully. It really affects the future development
of this project.
(but if odroid just want to sell their hardware and
don't really care to give a better OS to the users,
I withdraw my words)

--
Chih-Wei
Android-x86 project

Justin Lee

Apr 28, 2010, 1:34:37 AM4/28/10
to odroid-devel...@googlegroups.com
Hi forks,

As I know, Mr. lkcl is a person who loves Linux kernel and Debian.
He made a project of Debian porting on Odroid and opened everything as much
as he could.
And he is not a representative of Odroid project.

In fact, we(Hardkernel) have only few software guys and they don't use Git.
They prefer to use SVN internally because our external server host is
pretty unstable.
Another problem is they are not familiar with Git.
But, this is not a big deal.

The most important issue is we haven't got any response/contribution from
Odroid developers(outside of hardkernel).
Due to that, we thought we don't need to share what we've changed and
improved because nobody need it.
You are the only one person.
Hardkernel opened everything(except for change history) and everybody just
uses it.
There was no communication of source code between Hardkerenl and others.

Do you have any idea how other developers can help us?
If we use your Git server and show change logs, are other people willing to
join and contribute?

We made a good development board(Odroid) and developed nice software and
opened everything.
BUT!! No community, no people, no money, .... it means we should close
our company very soon.

To avoid that situation, we must make much more attractive development
board and sell many quantity.
S5PC110 board launching in domestic(Korea) market is scheduled on middle of
May and international launching will be middle of June.
I'm heavily considering to use your git server if you have room of
space/traffic.

I'll be in Taiwan early June because of Computex show.
If you have time to meet us, please let me know.
I really want to know how you(Android-x86) could be successful in open
source society.
Please give me your valuable time.

-Justin-
Apr 28, 2010, 5:42:39 AM4/28/10
to odroid-devel...@googlegroups.com
Hi lkcl,

Odroid-T has S5PC110-1Ghz CPU with 512MB mDDR and 512MB OneNAND POP
stacking.
Those components and power management IC are placed on very tiny 43x25mm PCB
with 200-pin board to board connector.
We call it CPU board and it is very complicated 12 layer PCB.
BTW, it is smaller than Gumstix.

Base board has other components which are memory card connector, LCD
interface, audio stuff and so on.
Base board has normally 4~6 layers as you expected.

Please visit below link. (There are several Korean characters, but most of
them are written in English.)
http://www.hardkernel.com/productsko.php

You can find some interesting pictures, demo video clips as well as product
specification.

Thanks,

> Odroid-T has S5PC110-1Ghz CPU with 512MB mDDR and 512MB OneNAND POP
> stacking.
> Those components and power management IC are placed on very tiny 43x25mm PCB
> with 200-pin board to board connector.
> We call it CPU board and it is very complicated 12 layer PCB.
> BTW, it is smaller than Gumstix.
>
> Base board has other components which are memory card connector, LCD
> interface, audio stuff and so on.
> Base board has normally 4~6 layers as you expected.

wow.

i'm deeply impressed.

please consider selling the 200-pin board as a separate item,
providing the schematics and pin-outs. it would make the development
of systems using the S5PC110 so much easier, as you're no doubt aware
of the success of the gumstix business model.

l.

lkcl

Apr 28, 2010, 12:57:43 PM4/28/10

On Apr 28, 5:34 am, "Justin Lee" <freeware3...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi forks,
>
> As I know, Mr. lkcl is a person who loves Linux kernel and Debian.

yes.

> He made a project of Debian porting on Odroid and opened everything as much
> as he could.

yep.

> And he is not a representative of Odroid project.

nope.

> In fact, we(Hardkernel) have only few software guys and they don't use Git.
> They prefer to use SVN internally because our external server host is
> pretty unstable.
> Another problem is they are not familiar with Git.

then they need to get familiar - very very fast. look up this:

http://git.or.cz/course/svn.html

> But, this is not a big deal.

yes, it is. the entire linux community converted to git. svn
doesn't have the capability that git does.

> The most important issue is we haven't got any response/contribution from
> Odroid developers(outside of hardkernel).

i really don't understand why. i am completely at a loss to explain
this. the S5PC1xx is an absolutely incredible CPU line; you're one of
the few companies using it; everyone else seems to be going "duhhhh
it's not ready" when it clearly and obviously is, and is clearly and
obviously a powerful enough CPU to actually run a Desktop PC or a
laptop, let alone a hand-held games console.

> Due to that, we thought we don't need to share what we've changed and
> improved because nobody need it.

yes, you do. _the_ most important thing in free software development
is to keep publishing _all_ developments. the "history" is the
absolute absolute most important thing, to "engage" people.

plus, if you want to get patches into mainline kernel, you _need_
that incremental history, to be able to help justify and explain each
patch that you submit.

> You are the only one person.

make that two.

> Hardkernel opened everything(except for change history) and everybody just
> uses it.
> There was no communication of source code between Hardkerenl and others.

i think the answer to that, really, is "welcome to android". which
is _not_ a complement, btw. android is based on java. java
developers are... the lowest-of-the-low as far as i'm concerned:
they're "tinkerers" not actual programmers, who don't really
understand the significance of or complexity of kernel development. i
have _nothing_ good to say about java.

but let's move swiftly on...

really, i think you also did such a decent enough job so that
everything works, so nobody _needs_ to do anything more!

about the only thing that really really needs to be done is to get
the USB-OTG to be a USB2 Host (which i've not yet managed). once
that's done, and it's been demonstrated that you can connect a High-
Speed USB2 Hub to the Odroid, i think _everything_ will suddenly
change, because now you have a hand-held system to which you can
connect a full keyboard, a mouse, Hard Drives, USB DVDs, 3G USB
dongles, USB GPS etc.

so i think one reason you have "silence" because you don't easily
have USB Host, and so you can't promote the Odroid beyond being "yet
another android games console".

which is the _last_ thing you want, in an already "android-saturated"
market.

> Do you have any idea how other developers can help us?

1) i think it's imperative that you _ask_ developers "what do you
want? what kind of hardware would you help contribute to? what kind
of hardware would _you_ actually buy?". for me, the answer is "if you
did a 10.1in 1388x768 S5PC110 laptop" (actually, there's quite a lot
of people who would help if that was the answer)

2) you need many more demo OSes not just android. you need an image
with Angstrom/Opie; Angstrom/GPE; Debian; Ubuntu and more. this way
you will captivate the interest of a much wider audience.

and _one_ of them will be bound to help with getting the linux kernel
developments into mainline. _but_ - not the "android" parts, because
the linux kernel is _refusing_ to accept any more stupid android
patches: they've had enough. you see why it's important not to hang
everything on "android, android, android" ?

> If we use your Git server and show change logs, are other people willing to
> join and contribute?

i tell you under what circumstances i would join and contribute: is
if the ODroid-T had a 10.1in 1388x768 Laptop partner, "Odroid-L" as
well.

and if you made sure that it was _entirely_ free of binary "blobs",
for example by making sure that you used RaLink RT2070 or RT3070 WIFI,
i could get you publicity via the FSF web site, get you into the
"gnewsense" project, and help get slashdot coverage with backing from
people like Bruce Perens.

there _simple_ aren't any working "100% non-proprietary" laptops out
there yet, and you would do well to take advantage of that.

> We made a good development board(Odroid) and developed nice software and
> opened everything.
> BUT!!  No community, no people, no money, ....  it means we should close
> our company very soon.

mmmm, that would be bad.

> To avoid that situation, we must make much more attractive development
> board and sell many quantity.
> S5PC110 board launching in domestic(Korea) market is scheduled on middle of
> May and international launching will be middle of June.
> I'm heavily considering to use your git server if you have room of
> space/traffic.

chih-wei, please say yes: i believe they need the assistance, here.

l.

lkcl

Apr 28, 2010, 1:14:32 PM4/28/10

On Apr 28, 4:39 am, Chih-Wei <cwhu...@android-x86.org> wrote:
> Well, I'm surprised to get such a reply.

yes. i'm not the happiest bunny in the world at midnight, and i
really don't like android, other than the fact that it's opened up a
ton of hardware platforms which, retrospectively, "true" free software
developers can properly clean up and put decent OSes on.

> First, I hope to know,
> do you represent the viewpoint of
> odroid project/developers?

absolutely not. i entirely represent myself, and no other.

> If yes, I feel very disappointed.

no - feel free to ignore me, but make damn sure that you help odroid,
ok?

> To avoid off-topic discussion,
> I changed the subject.

good idea.

> On 4月28日, 上午7時20分, lkcl <luke.leigh...@googlemail.com> wrote:
>
> > On Apr 26, 2:21 am, Chih-Wei <cwhu...@android-x86.org> wrote:
> > > I think the most serious problem of odroid is,
> > > it didn't provide the git history of the source.
> > i would put that down to inexperience.
>
> Ok, maybe.
>
> > > You haven't update the git server for a long time.
> > ... small company.
>
> A small company is not an excuse.
> I, an inexperienced guy, can setup and maintain
> git server solely.
> There are already many free resources can be use,
> like github, gitorious, and sourceforge.
> If the odroid developers have trouble to do so,
> I can help to solve it.
> I can even provide my personal git server
> to host odroid source.

gitorious would probably be a better choice. certainly, things like
the mer-smartq kernel is on there.

> Actually I have expressed my willing to help
> odroid several times, by public or private messages.
> Unfortunately, I got no reply yet.

well, you got their attention now :)

> What I tried to express is,
> it's hard for the free software community to work with
> a source tarball without change history.

yes - but not impossible.

> It potentially prevents volunteers to join the project.

justin, you need to listen to chih-wei and learn from this.

> BTW, if you believe someone are GPL violators, sue them.

not believe - know. the problem is that they're in china. so, we're
waiting for customers in the U.S. or Europe to buy, and _then_ we
notify gpl-violations and the FSF and _without_ any "negotiations" go
straight to a Cease and Desist Order.

> If you need legal help, I can introduce my friend
> who hosted gpl-violations.org to you.

thank you. haralde, yes? we've been discussing what to do, on
le...@gpl-violations.org. chitech have effectively ceased-and-
desisted "by default" - it was too much for them. we're tracking the
software supplier (mid-fun.com, based in naijing) and are still in
contact with the hardware R&D company (seatron). Brett from the FSF
is also on the case, because they have ripped off maemo / ubuntu
netbook edition and that contains a lot of FSF copyright code.

> Of course I can diff myself, and I already did.
> That's a just time-consuming tasks.

yes. justin, it would help if you notified chih-wei where you got
the "original" tarball from BEFORE you started patching it. in the
reverse-engineering that we did, we spent considerable time tracking
down the "original" from which seatron started. as chih-wei says,
it's messy and time-consuming.

> > > Loot at the other Android based projects like
>
> > to be honest i don't give a fuck about android. the most important
> > thing is that there is _a_ linux kernel - working - and the second
> > most important thing is that much of the driver support (and
> > especially the s5pc1xx cpu series, thanks to ben dooks) is already in
> > the mainline linux kernel.
>
> > so you can always help these guys out by getting stuff into mainline
> > linux that's not there, right now.
>
> If I didn't misunderstand your words, you must
> misunderstand me very much.
> An android system is not just a linux kernel tree,
> it contains hundreds of projects that are userspace
> libraries and applications.
> You said I could help send these stuff into mainline kernel?
> Surely you are joking.

no, we do misunderstand. i am aware of what android comprises, and i
do not consider android to be remotely of any importance or
significance, _other_ than its linux-based kernel, which thus opens up
any "android-based" hardware to have the rest of the android OS ripped
out, and replaced with a proper free software OS such as Angstrom/
OPIE, Angstrom/GPE, Debian, Ubuntu etc. etc.

> Take a look at the projects I mentioned to see what
> they really did.
>
> The only things that may be merged into mainline kernel
> are the android drivers developed by Google.
> Actually I've already tried to help to get android drivers
> into mainline kernel before. However, due to lack of support
> from Google, Greg KH, the staging dir maintainer,
> decided to drop the code.

good. very sensible of him. google have their own interests, and it
_doesn't_ involve supporting free software: only "making use of" free
software.

so the most important thing to do is to get the hardware drivers and
the MACH_xxxx number into the mainline kernel. _no_ android developer
is going to get "android-specific" drivers into the mainline linux
kernel (thank god)

but - yeah. if ODroid had a laptop (with a WXGA screen), i'd sell
this Dell D430S i'm using _immediately_ and i'd buy it. i'm fed up
with power-hungry x86 hardware.

l.

lkcl

Apr 28, 2010, 1:24:43 PM4/28/10
to odroid developer discuss

On Apr 28, 9:42 am, "Justin Lee" <freeware3...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Please visit below link. (There are several Korean characters, but most of
> them are written in English.)http://www.hardkernel.com/productsko.php
>
> You can find some interesting pictures, demo video clips as well as product
> specification.

ok. wow. this is very very exciting. two questions:

1) will you sell that PCB (and the CPU board) as separate items, for
hardware developers to be able to make their own systems out of e.g.
laptops?

2) can you add, at this late stage, either a USB2 hub or put the USB
1.1 out onto a separate internal "header"? (i'm assuming that the
specs for S5PC110 are similar to S5PC100) so that people can consider
putting USB keyboard, mouse etc. on it?

thank you.

l.

ladvan91

Apr 28, 2010, 1:21:53 PM4/28/10
to odroid developer discuss
Hi,
In my humble opinion, these are the things I see that you are missing
the project to succeed:
- Have a blog to put the latest news, whether it is the www.aesop.or.kr
page, but I mean to speak English for example.
- A forum that is a little better, ie have several sections (hardware,
software, contributions, requests, assistance) and in several
languages (eg Korean, English, Spanish or French).
- Everything related to having links from the home page www.hardkernel.com
- So a user community would get to bring a lot. If you would make an
better way for communication between user and technical equipment,
teach all my progress in a question and disseminate Odroid.

Regards,

Alvaro

lkcl

Apr 28, 2010, 2:15:01 PM4/28/10

On Apr 28, 4:57 pm, lkcl <luke.leigh...@googlemail.com> wrote:
>  i tell you under what circumstances i would join and contribute: is
> if the ODroid-T had a 10.1in 1388x768 Laptop partner, "Odroid-L" as
> well.
>
>  and if you made sure that it was _entirely_ free of binary "blobs",
> for example by making sure that you used RaLink RT2070 or RT3070 WIFI,
> i could get you publicity via the FSF web site, get you into the
> "gnewsense" project, and help get slashdot coverage with backing from
> people like Bruce Perens.

drat. the ODroid-T uses that proprietary marvell device, the 8688.
therefore, unless you can get the source code of the proprietary
firmware blob, gnewsense will _not_ help promote the ODroid-T.
alternatively, you could redesign the board: you will JUUUST about get
a PCI-e slot, such that a 30mm x 24mm Mini PCI-e WIFI will fit on the
corner (you'll need a USB Hub though - GL850G is cheap and cheerful) -
or you could fit an Ralink chipset or SD/MMC module in there, instead.

but i'm sorry to say that one of the reasons why free software
developers don't find the ODroid to be attractive is because of the
use of marvell technology. marvell are complete fuckers and _will_
not release drivers or any information except under NDA, and that's
totally unacceptable; thus, many free software developers simply
refuse to buy products with marvell technology in it.

if you'd like my help to put you in touch with the people behind the
promotional opportunity, the proprietary technology has got to go.
sorry.

l.

Chih-Wei

Apr 28, 2010, 10:18:39 PM4/28/10
to odroid developer discuss
Hi Justin,
Please don't be discouraged.
The free software community is looking at you.
If you do the right things and do things right,
they will give you good feedback.
The more friendly you be for the community,
(like providing change log, make development transparently, ...)
the more return you may get.

I can't say my project android-x86 is a successful story.
Sometimes I also feel disappointed, since there are
still very few contributions and developers from the community.
However, we did get some good feedbacks that made me happy,
and we affect the android development, at least in some fields.
That's good enough.

Yes, I'm very glad to meet you.
Let's talk about the community and android development.
Let me know how to contact you when you visit Taiwan.
Chih-Wei
Android-x86 project

Chih-Wei

Apr 28, 2010, 10:41:25 PM4/28/10
to odroid developer discuss
Hi ikcl,
I think we agree in some respects (e.g., change history
is important for free software development),
but disagree in other respects
(e.g., the android in the future).

Anyway, thanks for your input.

Andrex

Apr 29, 2010, 12:29:11 AM4/29/10
to odroid developer discuss
Git would certainly be very nice. If you used a website like GitHub I
think at the very least you'd have some more interest in the project,
the current source code dev page is kind of hard to navigate around...

> We made a good development board(Odroid) and developed nice software and
> opened everything.
> BUT!!  No community, no people, no money, ....  it means we should close
> our company very soon.

I'm very sorry to hear this. It seemed like things were going well
though? All three versions of ODROID are sold out right now, you guys
got endorsed by Android development advocate and game developer Chris
Pruett as the best Android game playing device*, you just recently
released 2.1 firmware, and you just announced the ODROID-T. It seemed
like things were going well?

I think if you had a more professional storefront and kept things
stocked you would do a lot better. But I guess changing even tiny
things is hard for you guys. :/ I'd love to help out, if you ever need
some web stuff done I'd be happy to do it.

* http://replicaisland.blogspot.com/2010/01/fragmentation-more-like-fragmentawesome.html

^ I even asked about the possibility for Google officially supporting
your device. IMO you could win over huge amount of people if you just
had the Market. Although is that infeasible due to how open this all
is? I know Google doesn't allow paid apps on rooted devices.

Even still, lots of Archos reviews complained about no Google apps.
They really help with public perception just being on the device, it
makes it seem like it will be consistently up-to-date. For the last of
my advice (promise! XD), I'd try to send review units to the big sites
like Engadget, Gizmodo, BoyGeniusReport, TechCrunch, GigaOM, etc. I
realize this is probably hard and costly too but I can almost
guarantee it'd be worth it.

Anyways, I wish the best for you guys. You seem to be doing good,
honest work that's benefiting the open source and Android ecosystems
and for that I'm grateful.
-Andrex

Andrex

Apr 29, 2010, 12:34:31 AM4/29/10
to odroid developer discuss
>  i think the answer to that, really, is "welcome to android".  which
> is _not_ a complement, btw.  android is based on java.  java
> developers are... the lowest-of-the-low as far as i'm concerned:

Well that makes me feel warm and peachy. :/

> they're "tinkerers" not actual programmers, who don't really
> understand the significance of or complexity of kernel development.  i
> have _nothing_ good to say about java.

The Android kernal has nothing to do with Java anyways, it's just used
for the app model (and isn't even the only model anymore, Lua scripts
and C/C++ are supported now.) Obviously app devs wouldn't dive into
kernal dev, just like web devs wouldn't jump into app dev arbitrarily.

>  and _one_ of them will be bound to help with getting the linux kernel
> developments into mainline. _but_ - not the "android" parts, because
> the linux kernel is _refusing_ to accept any more stupid android
> patches: they've had enough.  you see why it's important not to hang
> everything on "android, android, android" ?

That's currently under review and a dumb reason to ditch Android. I
don't think HK should just give up on all the hard work they've done
so far on getting Android working. They should continue to focus on it
especially since it's a "hot" OS right now. You want to know how much
they'd be complaining of inactivity if they switched to Angstrom?

Just my thoughts, don't mean to start another flamewar.
-Andrex

Justin Lee

Apr 29, 2010, 1:43:47 AM4/29/10
to odroid-devel...@googlegroups.com
Okay,

<1>
If there are demands, we will sell the CPU board separately.
I'm looking at the Gumstix biz model.

<2>
We already tested USB high speed 2.0 port with Ubunut 9.10.
Yes!! S5PC110 has the true USB 2.0 480mbps.

I tested keyboard, mouse as well as USB-HDD.
All of them works well even with generic 4-port hub.

Odroid-T base board has a standard USB host connector.

Thanks,
Apr 29, 2010, 1:45:18 AM4/29/10
to odroid developer discuss
No, it's not free of binary especially in proprietary SoC chips...

take S5PC100 for example.

3D IP core is from Imagination Technologies. and Samsung only ship 3d
DDK in binary format.
MFC codes (firmware) are shipped as hex coded binary array in text
files...

Justin Lee

Apr 29, 2010, 1:53:55 AM4/29/10
to odroid-devel...@googlegroups.com
Hi Alvaro,

I agree.
dev.odroid.com was not sweet for developers.

Do you know any tool to make a developer friendly forum or community site?
If possible, the community forum, Wiki and Git are unified and easy to
access.

-Justin-

Apr 29, 2010, 2:03:08 AM4/29/10
to odroid-devel...@googlegroups.com
Hi lkcl,

We can remove the Marvell WiFi without any problem.
With high speed USB host, we can implement the wireless connectivity with
other solutions.

My major concern is 3D accelerator from Imagenation.
As you may know, S5PC110 has PowerVR SGX 540. It is one of the most powerful
3D in mobile CPU.
But, unfortunately, there is no open source of kernel driver/user land
driver as I know.

Do you know how free software developers handle the same issue of 3D
accelerator?
PowerVRs have been adopted into a lot of embedded CPU especially TI Omap.

Thanks,
-Justin-
Apr 29, 2010, 2:09:43 AM4/29/10
to odroid-devel...@googlegroups.com
Thanks a lot.

I'll post our booth location and mobile(rental) phone number in this group.

-Justin-
Apr 29, 2010, 3:02:51 AM4/29/10
to odroid-devel...@googlegroups.com
Hi Andrex,

We made many units last November when we launched Odroid first.
It takes very very long time to sell the first batch because there was no
big demand.
Recently couple of weeks ago, we sold the last unit of the first batch
finally.

MOQ of some electronic parts is very large quantity and
fabrication/production also need minimum order quantity.
Additionally, the lead time of electronics parts is getting longer and
longer.
It is not easy to load a new purchase order due to low demand of Odroid and
burden of our cash flow.

So, we decided to launch ODROID-T with brand new & powerful CPU/GPU and more
developer friendly features.
We really want to survive :)
After surviving, we will make more ODROID again or minor revised ODROID.

BTW, I saw the blog and your suggestion.
There were also many interesting replies.
Thank you!

It's time to plan our future.
I'll post a new message when we make a more concrete planning.

Thank you very much!!

> I think we agree in some respects (e.g., change history
> is important for free software development),
> but disagree in other respects
> (e.g., the android in the future).

:)

> Anyway, thanks for your input.

no problem.

lkcl

Apr 29, 2010, 9:25:34 AM4/29/10

On Apr 29, 4:34 am, Andrex <emailofand...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >  i think the answer to that, really, is "welcome to android".  which
> > is _not_ a complement, btw.  android is based on java.  java
> > developers are... the lowest-of-the-low as far as i'm concerned:
>
> Well that makes me feel warm and peachy. :/

:) don't take it personally :)

> The Android kernal has nothing to do with Java anyways,

yes. therein lies part of the problem, for HK: having got things
working, that separation means that there's no apparent incentive to
"contribute"... because everything just works! :) rather unfortunate
situation: if you do everything yourself, you don't have anyone to
help you to improve because they don't have any history or handle to
grasp :)

> it's just used
> for the app model (and isn't even the only model anymore, Lua scripts
> and C/C++ are supported now.) Obviously app devs wouldn't dive into
> kernal dev, just like web devs wouldn't jump into app dev arbitrarily.

preeecisely. you see, justin? so it's because you did such a good
job already :)

> That's currently under review and a dumb reason to ditch Android. I
> don't think HK should just give up on all the hard work they've done
> so far on getting Android working.

hell, no. i didn't in the slightest bit say that.

> They should continue to focus on it
> especially since it's a "hot" OS right now. You want to know how much
> they'd be complaining of inactivity if they switched to Angstrom?

i said _as well_. take a look at e.g. beagleboard or the similar
board... what's it called... oh yes: IGEPv2 - the number of linux
distributions is really quite large. IGEP they sell at least three:
android, angstrom and ubuntu. specialcomp.com sell at least three for
the beagleboard. and so on.

l.

ladvan91

Apr 29, 2010, 10:52:37 AM4/29/10
On 29 abr, 07:53, "Justin Lee" <freeware3...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Alvaro,
>
> I agree.
> dev.odroid.com was not sweet for developers.
>
> Do you know any tool to make a developer friendly forum or community site?
> If possible, the community forum, Wiki and Git are unified and easy to
> access.
>
> -Justin-

Hi Justin,

I saw that the page was all by programmed in php, internet buscnado I
found the following tools to help create everything related to the
forum, initials are tools provide many features and if needed will be
more as the community created the forum could help .
The page is in Spanish: http://www.desarrolloweb.com/scripts/php/foros-php.php
comparing the best I have found is: http://www.desarrolloweb.com/scripts/
awebbb-php.html and providing management tools and management of
users, for a start this very well.
Create a forum far more advanced at first not worth it, depending on
the acceptance that watching it would be better.
I hope the information has been helpful.

Regards,
Alvaro

lkcl

Apr 29, 2010, 11:39:36 AM4/29/10

On Apr 29, 5:43 am, "Justin Lee" <freeware3...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Okay,
>
> <1>
> If there are demands, we will sell the CPU board separately.
> I'm looking at the Gumstix biz model.

gooood! then you will know that you need a "break-out" board: a
simple 1-layer board with the 200 pins going out to easily solderable
headers. this allows people to make whatever they want, very very
easily, from discrete components.

contact bill from specialcomp, i'm sure he'll be happy to stock it.

> <2>
> We already tested USB high speed 2.0 port with Ubunut 9.10.
> Yes!! S5PC110 has the true USB 2.0 480mbps.
>
> I tested keyboard, mouse as well as USB-HDD.
> All of them works well even with generic 4-port hub.

fantastic. what connectors are needed?

lkcl

Apr 29, 2010, 11:40:36 AM4/29/10

On Apr 29, 5:45 am, g1011999 <g1011...@gmail.com> wrote:
> No, it's not free of binary especially in proprietary SoC chips...
>
> take S5PC100 for example.
>
> 3D IP core is from Imagination Technologies. and Samsung only ship 3d
> DDK in binary format.
> MFC codes (firmware) are shipped as hex coded binary array in text
> files...

mmm... that's not good. i understand the S5PC110 has an alternative
3D core that doesn't need the proprietary blobs - is that correct?

lkcl

Apr 29, 2010, 11:58:16 AM4/29/10

On Apr 29, 6:03 am, "Justin Lee" <freeware3...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi lkcl,
>
> We can remove the Marvell WiFi without any problem.
> With high speed USB host, we can implement the wireless connectivity with
> other solutions.

excellent. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_open_source_wireless_drivers

basically: atheros, ralink, broadcom b43xx - are all good.

> My major concern is 3D accelerator from Imagenation.
> As you may know, S5PC110 has PowerVR SGX 540. It is one of the most powerful
> 3D in mobile CPU.
> But, unfortunately, there is no open source of kernel driver/user land
> driver as I know.
>
> Do you know how free software developers handle the same issue of 3D
> accelerator?

http://blogs.distant-earth.com/wp/?p=54
http://groups.google.com/group/beagleboard/msg/5632ffbe822451ae

it seems with difficulty - but it can be done. the IGEPv2,
Beagleboard and the OpenPandora (which use the OMAP3530) have just
about managed it.

> PowerVRs have been adopted into a lot of embedded CPU especially TI Omap.

yes. seems so. this is good. not perfect, but good enough. and
definitely seems better than the S5PC100's entirely proprietary setup.

l.

Andrex

Apr 29, 2010, 8:56:11 PM4/29/10
On Apr 29, 3:02 am, "Justin Lee" <freeware3...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Andrex,
>
> We made many units last November when we launched Odroid first.
> It takes very very long time to sell the first batch because there was no
> big demand.
> Recently couple of weeks ago, we sold the last unit of the first batch
> finally.
>
> MOQ of some electronic parts is very large quantity and
> fabrication/production also need minimum order quantity.
> Additionally, the lead time of electronics parts is getting longer and
> longer.
> It is not easy to load a new purchase order due to low demand of Odroid and
> burden of our cash flow.

That's too bad. =/ But I can't say unexpected since you're going after
a small market (open source kernal/hardware developers.)

> So, we decided to launch ODROID-T with brand new & powerful CPU/GPU and more
> developer friendly features.
> We really want to survive :)
> After surviving, we will make more ODROID again or minor revised ODROID.

I'd really like to see that. Heck a consumer-focused ODROID with a
better looking exterior would probably do really well.

> BTW, I saw the blog and your suggestion.
> There were also many interesting replies.
> Thank you!
>
> It's time to plan our future.
> I'll post a new message when we make a more concrete planning.
>
> Thank you very much!!

Thanks for responding so quickly! Very interested in where HK is going.

Justin Lee

Apr 29, 2010, 9:52:08 PM4/29/10
to odroid-devel...@googlegroups.com
Thank you for your idea. We will prepare 1 or 2 layers board with standard
2.54mm pitch headers, if feasible.
I think you call it "break-out" board. Right?

ODROID-T has a standard type-A USB host connector by default.

Thanks,
Apr 29, 2010, 10:02:07 PM4/29/10
to odroid developer discuss
I would prefer BCM4329, since there is a opensource driver tree... and
firmware binary is included... (Sorry, I would prefer stable, feature
complete chip with semi open source driver, than others)

http://android.git.kernel.org/?p=platform/hardware/broadcom/wlan.git;a=tree;h=refs/heads/master;hb=master

And I have a beagleboard either...
Ti Graphics SDK shipped with precompiled 3d binaries (libegl,
libgles....), only kernel module is open source...

S5PC110 have a proprietary ImgTec PowerVR SGX 540 core inside...
and they won't open their doors (sources) to their competitors...

It's meaningless to pursue all components with open source driver...

g1011999

Apr 29, 2010, 10:07:37 PM4/29/10
to odroid developer discuss
I would like consumer-focused Odroid idea too...
but Odroid is not mature enough to make it to the consumer market,
and I guess they don't have HR for massive customer service...

Justin Lee

Apr 30, 2010, 6:40:43 AM4/30/10
to odroid-devel...@googlegroups.com

I've contacted Broadcom and their answer is very negative.
Order quantity should be larger than 20,000 pcs per month.
It is not acceptable number.

Is there any body who contacted Atheros?
If yes, please let me know information of purchasing.

At this moment, we also have some inventory of Marvell 8686 WiFi/BT module
on hand.
We need to use it first.
Sorry for this ..

Apr 30, 2010, 9:00:42 AM4/30/10
to odroid developer discuss
Hi Justin,

Chip on wifi: http://www.atheros.com/pt/AR6003.html
Atheros model that could serve, not only is the minimum order ...

Regards,

Alvaro

g1011999

Apr 30, 2010, 11:09:22 AM4/30/10
to odroid developer discuss
Contact with Murata or Samsung for their wifi modules instead of
Broadcom.
I believe both have wifi modules based on Broadcom...

Atheros will be fine too...

On 4月30日, 下午6時40分, "Justin Lee" <freeware3...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I've contacted Broadcom and their answer is very negative.
> Order quantity should be larger than 20,000 pcs per month.
> It is not acceptable number.
>
> Is there any body who contacted Atheros?
> If yes, please let me know information of purchasing.
>
> At this moment, we also have some inventory of Marvell 8686 WiFi/BT module
> on hand.
> We need to use it first.
> Sorry for this ..

ladvan91

May 3, 2010, 1:51:23 PM5/3/10
to odroid developer discuss
Hi,

In the end what happened to the wireless module, is going to be able
to change?, Is the CPU board will be able to update in the future?
Have you already started to make the case?, How is going to be?
Various colors?

Thanks,
Alvaro

ladvan91

May 3, 2010, 1:53:24 PM5/3/10
to odroid developer discuss
Hi,

Does the idea of the forum will be launched?, If they need help I can
give, I have more experience in other programming languages (C and
java) but I can try.

Regards,
Alvaro

Justin Lee

May 3, 2010, 9:33:19 PM5/3/10
to odroid-devel...@googlegroups.com
Hi~

I've contacted Broadcom, CSR and Atheros. But, there are some issues.
The first problem is minimum order quanity.
Second one is lead time. It is about 10~12 weeks.
CSR can supply their solution relatively shorter lead time.
CSR wireless solution has FM receiver, WiFi-b/g/n and Bluetooth 2.1.
We are checking the GPL version of device driver and binary firmware.
At this moment, it is not clear.

So, we are considering running change.
We can keep using CPU module with revised base board which have newer
feature such as better WLAN or e-compass.

As you may know, Odroid-T is not targeting normal consumer market.
So, the case is not good as the original Odroid.

The main purpose of plastic case of Odroid-T is
1. PCB and LCD mounting structure
2. Battery holder
3. Protect touch screen from external shock.

Please don't expect high quality case.
Once again, Odroid-T is a board product only for developers.

Thanks,
May 3, 2010, 9:46:56 PM5/3/10
to odroid-devel...@googlegroups.com
Hi~

I've been below links you mentioned.
http://www.desarrolloweb.com/scripts/php/foros-php.php
http://www.desarrolloweb.com/scripts/awebbb-php.html

There are too many PHP sources to build community BBS.
I'm a really beginner in this area.
Can you recommend one?

Chih-wei will help us to setup the Git server.
I think we can start it from middle of May.
At this moment, we are doing hardware related works.

If you(Alvaro) have time, I will install any PHP tool you recommended in to
our server and I'll give you admin access permission to manage it.
Do you have any other idea?

Thanks,
May 4, 2010, 10:38:24 AM5/4/10
to odroid developer discuss
Hi,

I can help create the version of the forum, but the first version will
be lacking some features will be added later (Example: avatars,
photos, more polished design ,...), if it were not so the forum would
not be until mid summer.
I have several questions to begin to do:
- I do not know Korean, I can provide support in English and Spanish,
do you serve?
- The idea would give support in several languages (help), but the
articles modifications, improvements, ... What language will this
take? Or at all?
- You have to make some rules of the forum, does that make me and
after the review you or do you?
- What used database on the server?

Regards,
Alvaro

ladvan91

May 4, 2010, 10:59:17 AM5/4/10
to odroid developer discuss
Hi,

I looked in the CSR page, do the following modules would be?
- BlueCore7 http://www.csr.com/products/bc7range.htm
¿e-GPS?
- UniFi CSR6026 http://www.csr.com/products/UF6026_over.htm
UniFi CSR6026 has the advantage of having wifi n, but consumption is
higher or lower than the current module?

Thanks,
Alvaro

Andrex

May 4, 2010, 11:33:20 PM5/4/10
to odroid developer discuss
I'm semi-competent in PHP if you ever need to bounce questions. PHP as
a language is kind of a mess, but it's very flexible.

Could I suggest PhpBB? Or maybe Vanilla. http://vanillaforums.org/ I'm
migrating one of my vBulletin boards to Vanilla so it'd be a learning
experience for both.

Of course I'm sorry if I'm coming off as too strong. Just wanna help.
I'm kinda crap at kernal dev, but web stuff is something I enjoy a
lot.

Justin Lee

May 6, 2010, 2:24:40 AM5/6/10
to odroid-devel...@googlegroups.com
Yes, we are considering BlueCore7 and UniFi CSR6026 combination.

802.11n feature for mobile device seems to be limited to about 70mbps not
150/300mbsp.
I think power consumption is not so critical.
Additionally we can also disable or enable the 11n feature with software.

Thanks,
-Justin-
May 6, 2010, 2:57:26 AM5/6/10
to odroid-devel...@googlegroups.com
At this moment, we have very small number of developers in overseas are.
So, I think PhpBB or Vanilla seems to be enough for a while or even future.

In Korea, we already have a big community and it has been customized and
localized too much.
So, it is not easy to transfer it to new community board.

Let's start a board with English first.
If you are considering an automated translation, it will cause frequent
miscommunication.

Rule of the forum can be managed and updated, if we meet any request or
accident.
Please start the forum as free as possible.

Our server has mysql Ver 14.14.

Do you need any other information?

Thanks,
-Justin-
May 6, 2010, 12:40:23 PM5/6/10
to odroid developer discuss
Who, me?

Localization will be difficult, it always is. I'll start looking into
which we should use.
> Could I suggest PhpBB? Or maybe Vanilla.http://vanillaforums.org/I'm

ladvan91

May 6, 2010, 5:02:02 PM5/6/10
to odroid developer discuss
Hi,

I'll start tomorrow, I will try to contact Andrex to work together.
Anyway I think we can create a specific topic in this forum to discuss
the progress of it, also a collaborator necesitremos make the images
on the forum.
It has to start in English, then add more languages would be no
problem.

Regards,
Alvaro

Justin Lee

May 7, 2010, 4:45:41 AM5/7/10
to odroid-devel...@googlegroups.com
Great!!!

Please make a new thread for creating the forum.
Many thanks to your collaboration.

Thanks,
-Justin-
May 7, 2010, 3:43:11 PM5/7/10
to odroid developer discuss

ladvan91

May 11, 2010, 1:51:36 PM5/11/10
to odroid developer discuss
Hi,

In the end, what has been decided wifi chip? Marvel or CSR?

Regards,
Alvaro

Justin Lee

May 12, 2010, 8:47:56 PM5/12/10
to odroid-devel...@googlegroups.com
Hi Alvaro,

Odroid-T will have Marvel because of delivery schedule.
CSR module needs 12 weeks of lead time. We can't wait.

I think we can use CSR or Atheros wireless chips from 4Q of 2010.
I'll load a purchase order of CSR modules within couple of weeks to prepare
next step.

Thanks,
-Justin-
May 13, 2010, 9:10:48 AM5/13/10
to odroid developer discuss
Hello,

Considering Odroid-T is for platform developers, the USB approach for
camera may be frustrating way.
As you know, the most taking part mobile devices in customer world are
using parallel interface or CSI2 for camera interfacing.
I presume that Odroid-T has to provide kind of external connector to
be able to attach camera modules to c110 camera interface.

Cheers,

On 4월21일, 오후11시09분, starwars <rupp...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello
>
> Long time to see (최혁승씨)
> I'm Hakjoo,KIm
>
> ODROID-T can useCameraover USB Host 2.0
>
> Best regards.
> ruppi
>
> On 4월21일, 오후1시19분, "Hyok S. Choi" <hyok.c...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > Hello,
>
> > What aboutCamera?
> > I was disappointed when I came to know that odroid had nocameraon it.
>
> > Best,
> > Hyok
>
> > On Mon, Apr 19, 2010 at 10:43 AM, Justin Lee <freeware3...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Hi~
>
> > > Full specification will be released within couple of weeks.
> > > Please be patient. Sorry.
>
> > > Thanks,
> > > -Justin-

Andrex

May 13, 2010, 7:46:35 PM5/13/10
to odroid developer discuss
Do you have PHP running on the server right now?

As in: http://www.php.net/downloads.php