APPEAL TO WHO FOR THE RECOGNITION OF ENVIRONMENTAL ILLNESSES: MCS AND EHS

news....@googlemail.com

Apr 3, 2011, 12:26:26 AM4/3/11

From: ASQUIFYDE.ES <in...@asquifyde.es>
Subject: APPEAL TO WHO FOR THE RECOGNITION OF ENVIRONMENTAL ILLNESSES: MCS AND EHS
Date: Saturday, April 2, 2011, 1:34 PM

TEXT ADDRESSED TO MULTIPLE CHEMICAL SENSITIVITY, CHRONIC FATIGUE SYNDROME, ELECTROMAGNETIC SENSITIVITY AND FIBROMYALGIA ASSOCIATIONS OF THE REST OF THE WORLD

12th MAY 2011: WORLD DAY FOR CENTRAL

SENSITIZATION ILLNESSES:

MULTIPLE CHEMICAL SENSITIVITY,

ELECTROMAGNETIC SENSITIVITY,

CHRONIC FATIGUE SYNDROME,

AND FIBROMYALGIA

Dear colleagues,

Spanish associations for Multiple Chemical Sensitivity (MCS) and Electrohypersensitivity (EHS), under the umbrella structure of their National Committee, are submitting a petition to the World Health Organization (WHO).

To this end, four documents have been drawn up:

1         A letter addressed to the Director General of the WHO, Dr. Margaret Chan, requesting the inclusion of MCS and EHS in the International Classification of Diseases (ICD-10).

2         A letter to European politicians and leaders in the area of health and the environment, attaching the letter sent to the WHO.

This document also requests coherent measures to be taken in the area of health and environment, in line with the problems raised by MCS, EHS and other environmental illnesses.

This letter could be used by other associations in countries that are not part of the European Union, adapting it in each case to their specific social, political, environmental and healthcare current situation.

3         A letter to politicians and heads of Spanish institutions (containing the same text as above), attaching the letter sent to the WHO. Each association could do the same with the key figures in their respective countries.

4         In order to make our demands even more powerful, we have drafted an e-mail aimed ONLY at professionals, organizations and the like (NGOs, associations, platforms, scientific groups, institutions, etc.) in the field of health and environment, asking them to sign this Petition. The aim is to give maximum coverage to this issue and collect as many signatures as possible. The signatures collected from each country will be attached to the letters described in points 1, 2 and 3.  ASQUIFYDE association will carry out this collecting and will unite these signatures in one document, with the support of others associations and colleagues.

The deadline for collecting signatures is April 30th 2011

Each association will be responsible for collecting signatures within its own remit, keeping copies of authorisations and sending the lists of signatures to ASQUIFYDE.

These lists must be sent by e-mail by May 3rd 2011 at the latest to the following email address:

in...@asquifyde.es

We are aiming to launch a petition to defend the rights of those suffering with MCS and EHS, but also for other sufferers of environmental illnesses and for the environment as a whole, at a global level, with strong media coverage. To do that, we need to join forces with all global associations. There are a few tasks to complete before the 12th May and we need your help.

We must study the possibility of setting up a Committee of Representatives to go to the WHO headquarters in Geneva (www.who.int/mediacentre/multimedia/2004/who_headquarters/en/index.html), chosen from among all the associations taking part in this action, to present the Petition and to prepare a press conference. However, any representatives of associations may also attend this event if they wish. For other continents, we will try to find the most important WHO delegation and organise a similar event.

To achieve all these objectives, we need to join forces at a global level. Therefore, we are asking your association to join this initiative and become a signatory, giving your support and your time.  The more of us demanding recognition, the greater the visibility we will achieve and the harder it will be for them to refuse what is rightly and justly ours.

Furthermore, in these times of global crisis, we must pressure those who represent us in the political world, so they focus their decisions on creating a healthier and more sustainable society.

We are responsible for our health, for the environment and for future generations.

We hope we can count on your collaboration.

Warmest wishes,

Francisca Gutiérrez Clavero
Presidenta Asquifyde
www.asquifyde.es
in...@asquifyde.es
Telf. 652669084

SIGNATORIES

SPAIN:

NATIONAL COMMITTEE FOR THE RECOGNITION OF MULTIPLE CHEMICALSENSITIVITY

This document is signed by the following associations of people suffering from this condition, belonging to the Spain’s National Committee for the Recognition of Multiple Chemical Sensitivity (Comité por el Reconocimiento de la Sensibilidad Química Múltiple).

ABAF (Asociación Balear de Apoyo en la Fibromialgia)

President: Margarita Pascual Aguiló

Number 2984 in the Balearic Register of Associations

FISCAL CODE: G07784267

ACAF (Associació Catalana d'Afectats de Fibromialgia)

President: Maite Ribera Crusafont

Number 29605 in the Catalonian Register of Associations

FISCAL CODE: G43595206

ALAS DE MARIPOSA-SQM

President: Irene Escudero Velasco

Number  0004295 in the Castilla y León Register of Associations

ALTEA-SQM (Asociación de Afectados por los síndromes de Sensibilidad Química Múltiple y Fatiga Crónica, Fibromialgia y para la defensa de la salud Ambiental)

President: Cristobalina Bejarano Lepe

Number 592927 in the National Register of Associations

ENA (Asociación para la prevención y asistencia de afectados por Enfermedades Ambientales)

President: Rosa de Gabriel Córdoba

Registration Number 5961

ASQUIFYDE (Asociación para los Síndromes de Sensibilidad Química Múltiple, Fatiga Crónica y para la Defensa de la Salud Ambiental)

President: Francisca Gutiérrez Clavero

Number 591380 in the National Register of Associations

FISCAL CODE: G54359732

AVASFASEM-AVASQ (Asociación Valenciana de Afectados del Síndrome de Fatiga Crónica, Fibromialgia y Sensibilidad Química Múltiple)

President: Francisca García Ferrandis

FISCAL CODE: G97388O60

MERCURIADOS (Asociación Española de Afectados por Mercurio de Amalgamas Dentales y Otras Situaciones)

President: Servando Pérez Domínguez

Number 589544 in the National Register of Associations

FISCAL CODE: G36554574

PLATAFORMA PARA LA FM, SFC y SQM, Reivindicación de derechos, Asociación Nacional

President: Mª Elena Navarro Chávez

Number 590875 in the National Register of Associations

OTHER ASSOCIATIONS NOT AFFILIATED TO THIS COMMITTEE:

ASQUIMIEM (Asociación Catalana de Sensibilidad Química Múltiple Ambiental y Electromagnética)

President: Mª Dolores Vicente García

FISCAL CODE: G65427510

ITALY:

Association for Environmental and Chronic Toxic Injury (A.M.I.C.A.)

Francesca Romana Orlando

Fiscal code 97306440583

Informant: Christiane Tourtet

OMS-ADHESIONES INGLES 7.doc