if you were running this megablog thinger, what would you change?

$Zero

Jul 9, 2007, 4:43:21 PM7/9/07
to megablog
if you were running this megablog thinger, what would you change?

go ahead, speak up.

is there something you don't understand about megablog?

is there something you don't like about it?

what topics would you like covered?

is it the lack of capital letters?

what?

speak up.

please, feel free do so so.

say whatever you want.

SIDENOTE: please excuse my impatient pissy tone both above and below,
it's just that i'm getting a little annoyed with the way this has been
going so far, due to the fact that it's been almost three months and
there's only been one comment that's been left here by anyone other
than myself.

(not to mention the fact that i was forced at one point to create a
second posting name because my first one stopped working for no good
reason whatsoever).

anyway, see, links to this megablog [as well as links to its many many
individual articles] have been quite visible in a certain newsgroup
with rather a large readership -- and while many of the them interact
with my writings several dozen times a day, day in, day out, and most
of us have been internet buddies for years and years, for some very
odd reason, only one of them has chosen to leave a single comment.

and by that i do mean a single comment.

one.

finally, after a couple months of ignoring the fact that nobody had
left even a single courtesy comment, at one point, i made an inquiry
as to why. and they were (and are) perfectly willing to discuss
various bullshit reasons for their utterly bizarre anti-social
behavior in THAT forum, they ALL refuse to do so here. without a
single exception.

and these are people, most of whom, i've had a mostly friendly
internet relationship with for over a decade. but even the usual
flamers won't drop their standard insults and baseless hatreds.
there's something very strange about it all, if you ask moi.

so what are your thoughts?

because again, see, we have a little puzzle here.

there are almost 200 articles and only one comment.

that's absurd.

so there's obviously some sort of problem here.

it appears to be the case that this little part of the internet is
being censored in some way.

for what reason, i cannot imagine.

because i think Bush is a liar?

is that why?

perhaps it's because i'm not 100% full of shit?

could that be it?

tell me.

go ahead.

bravely step up to the megablog plate and try a little truth for once
in your dishonest life:

just say:

$Zero, you're just not full of shit enough for us,
so we need to censor your megablog project, like
all the other projects of yours before it -- you
know the ones -- those projects where we ALL insisted
that nobody was messing with them -- even though
they clearly were. if you'd just submit to our will
and engage in utter bullshit like we do, we'd just
might consider loosening the shackles just a tad.

pucker up!

but seriously, all "paranoid" joking aside.

i would very much appreciate any suggestions that you could possibly
think of to make that would help solve the megablog puzzle, here.

here, not elsewhere.

don't tell me about it by telephone or telegraph or smoke signals.

please just post a message here.

so i can test out a few things.

i'd ask my aunt Millie to do so, or several other people, but besides
the fact that most of them aren't very internet hip, there's a larger
reason for not asking anyone whom i know personally to do this --
because they wouldn't be blocked, get it? that's already been long ago
verified. so what's the point of them doing it? megablog is supposed
to be an open forum, not a circle jerk.

so anyway, you don't know me personally, and i don't know you
personally, so it should be very easy for you to be objective and
simply describe just what it is that you don't like about megablog and
how you would change it.

be honest.

be creative, if you're up to it. i know i am.

i mean, let's look at this logically, ok?

unless you've been directed here by a direct link to a particular
article, the first thing you see when you come here is a list of
titles.

are you not leaving a even single comment because not a single one of
the titles is of even one bit of slight interest to you?

well, ok. fine. then say so.

tell me what you'd rather read about.

music is not interestig to you? fine.

how about something else?

you don't like my free form typo-filled poetry?

then what would you like to read instead?

don't like my punchlines? or you don't get them?

fine. just say so or ask a question.

this is an open forum for discussion, it's not just another excessive
hand-holding or eggshell-walking experience. this is a brave new
frontier of non-BS communication. you can be honest here. or you can
BS a little if you prefer.

just say something or ask a question.

see how that works?

here, look... i'll patronizingly walk you thru how to post your reply.

ready?

at the bottom of each post (including the one you're reading right
now), unless it's been viciously disabled, there should be a reply
button.

it's really quite easy to click on it.

try it out, if you don't believe me.

anyway, after you click on "reply", a comments window will open up
showing all of the text in the post you clicked on.

you can leave all of the existing quoted text there and simply post
your response right at the top (or bottom) of the post, OR you can
reply line by line, OR you can deleted all of the quoted text and just
write something of your own, all by itself. on any topic.

when you're done typing what you have to say, just click on send, and
that's it.

it's that simple.

it's really not the least bit complicated or confusing.

pick any of the almost two hundred articles in megablog (or even the
one you're reading right this second) and explain what it is that you
don't like about megablog.

i won't be insulted.

i'm not doing this for my ego.

this is a forum for open discussion.

it's mostly intended for people who write their own blogs, but anyone
else is perfectly welcome to participate.

(as long as you're not a vicious evil nutcase of some sort).

so, go ahead.

post away.

this is what is known as a beta test.

in other words, megablog is now in a form of infancy.

it's in a rough draft form at this point.

it's not meant to be a place for me to stroke my ego by writing self-
indulgent things and checking the counters every five seconds to see
how many people clicked on everything. i simply don't care about
that. i DO care about being censored though. that's a whole
different issue.

i will not stand for it.

because megablog is meant to be an interactive open discussion forum.

if i wanted to plow out my own thoughts and opinions, unchallenged,
i'd just set up a regular blog that didn't use the nicely threaded
comment thinger that Google Groups uses here in megablog, and
elsewhere.

however, megablog is a forum where people exhange opinions. it's the
most interesting way to get at the truth and glory of things. that's
how progress is made. tough clearly, some people are unable to handle
honesty. hence this megablog is being selectively censored.

bottom line?

there's really no plausible reason for you not to freely express
yourself here.

within reason.

so go ahead.

tell me what you don't like about this megablog thinger.

pretend you were running it.

what would you change about it?

story at eleven.

just kidding.

nevermind.

don't leave any comment.

this was all just a big waste of time for you.

don't even read another line.

see what a smart-ass i am?

see how easily i can move your emotions?

now leave a comment and try to redeem the time you'd otherwise have
totally wasted. [1]

no, seriously.

usually i'm much more fun than this.

but as i said, i'm tired and annoyed right now.

i'll probably regret posting this once i've had some proper sleep.

[1] -- so, now you'll not comment out of spite.

i know your type.

foolish pride.

rise above it, man.

leave a comment. [1]

tell megablog what you REALLY think.

or don't you?

probably.

goodbye.

-$Zero...

megablog beta test -- call for blog comments
http://groups.google.com/group/megablog/msg/9f860076b97de170

"It's most frightfully dark...
one can hardly make it out at all."

Art for Money's Sake (a good nose for Quality)
Re: Money -- wikipedia find of the day -- Part II e (augmented)
http://groups.google.com/group/megablog/msg/9d8f8fd13cfe723d

http://groups.google.com/group/megablog/topics

Message has been deleted

Chris Fontellagrassi

Jul 10, 2007, 1:11:19 PM7/10/07
to megablog
On Jul 9, 4:43 pm, $Zero <zeroi...@gmail.com> wrote:

> if you were running this megablog thinger, what would you change?

Your diapers.

---
Chris

The slave has but one master; the man of ambition has as many as there
are people who helped him get his fortune.-- Jean de la Bruyere

$Zero

Jul 10, 2007, 2:35:33 PM7/10/07
to megablog
On Jul 10, 1:11?pm, Chris Fontellagrassi <itar...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jul 9, 4:43 pm, $Zero <zeroi...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > if you were running this megablog thinger, what would you change?
>
> Your diapers.

do you really love my shit THAT much?

whoa.

> ---
> Chris
>
> The slave has but one master; the man of ambition has as many as there
> are people who helped him get his fortune.-- Jean de la Bruyere

most peoploe will work for a pittance and some BS benefits.

so, um... the smart ambitious dudes have no masters.

besides God, of course.

-$Zero...

The Day Your Universe Changed -- Presto!
http://groups.google.com/group/megablog/msg/f2d51861e54b6464

the fool on the hill
sees the sun going down
but the eyes in his head