A COLA TwitList

Roy Culley

Dec 31, 2006, 1:35:11 PM12/31/06
alt.atheism has a website dedicated to twits that post to the
newsgroup:

http://www.city-of-dis.com/twitlist/twitlist1.asp

Anyone got the time, knowhow and inclination to set one up for COLA?
Could save a lot of time when replying to trolls to merely point to
their entry in the twitlist. A brief description of the twits
'special' characteristics and a few links to some of their priceless
posts.

Might be fun. :-)

--
Security is one of those funny things. You can talk about being "more"
secure, but there's no such thing. A vulnerability is a vulnerability, and

flatfish+++

Dec 31, 2006, 1:46:50 PM12/31/06
On Sun, 31 Dec 2006 19:35:11 +0100, Roy Culley wrote:

> alt.atheism has a website dedicated to twits that post to the
> newsgroup:
>
> http://www.city-of-dis.com/twitlist/twitlist1.asp
>
> Anyone got the time, knowhow and inclination to set one up for COLA?
> Could save a lot of time when replying to trolls to merely point to
> their entry in the twitlist. A brief description of the twits
> 'special' characteristics and a few links to some of their priceless
> posts.

Great idea!

You can start with this one:

Peter Kohlmann

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/42c20cfa7ca49dae

> Might be fun. :-)

Always a bridesmaid and never a bride, eh Culley.
Sad.

Roy Schestowitz

Dec 31, 2006, 1:52:41 PM12/31/06
__/ [ Roy Culley ] on Sunday 31 December 2006 18:35 \__

> alt.atheism has a website dedicated to twits that post to the
> newsgroup:
>
> http://www.city-of-dis.com/twitlist/twitlist1.asp
>
> Anyone got the time, knowhow and inclination to set one up for COLA?
> Could save a lot of time when replying to trolls to merely point to
> their entry in the twitlist. A brief description of the twits
> 'special' characteristics and a few links to some of their priceless
> posts.
>
> Might be fun. :-)

I have some code which I can use to achieve this quickly. How about making it
password-protected though, then passing it among us via E-mail?

BTW, my Slashdot profile indicates the my interview with Jeremly Allison will
soon hit the front page. W00t!

7

Dec 31, 2006, 2:03:29 PM12/31/06
flatfish+++ wrote:

> On Sun, 31 Dec 2006 19:35:11 +0100, Roy Culley wrote:
>
>> alt.atheism has a website dedicated to twits that post to the
>> newsgroup:
>>
>> http://www.city-of-dis.com/twitlist/twitlist1.asp
>>
>> Anyone got the time, knowhow and inclination to set one up for COLA?
>> Could save a lot of time when replying to trolls to merely point to
>> their entry in the twitlist. A brief description of the twits
>> 'special' characteristics and a few links to some of their priceless
>> posts.
>
> Great idea!
>
> You can start with this one:
>
> Peter Kohlmann

Thats unfair.

You and Pete use similar words and phrases.

I nominate both of you to keep up the twit list.
It takes one to know one.
And it take two to tango.

flatfish+++

Dec 31, 2006, 2:07:36 PM12/31/06
On Sun, 31 Dec 2006 18:52:41 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> I have some code which I can use to achieve this quickly. How about making it
> password-protected though, then passing it among us via E-mail?

Haha!

A new project for the professional student.

> BTW, my Slashdot profile indicates the my interview with Jeremly Allison will
> soon hit the front page. W00t!

Wow!
You must be so proud of yourself!
Man, making the /. front page has to be, well, it has to be the ultimate
sign that you, Roy Schestowitz, have made it to the big leagues!
You must be orgasmic over yourself.
Better get a larger frame for that picture of yourself on the wall of your
dorm room.

Just don't wipe your hair with your hand until you've washed them first.

http://mat.advel.cz/mat/img/nov199901m.jpg

Roy Culley

Dec 31, 2006, 2:09:54 PM12/31/06
begin risky.vbs
<7169271.4...@schestowitz.com>,

Roy Schestowitz <newsg...@schestowitz.com> writes:
> __/ [ Roy Culley ] on Sunday 31 December 2006 18:35 \__
>
>> alt.atheism has a website dedicated to twits that post to the
>> newsgroup:
>>
>> http://www.city-of-dis.com/twitlist/twitlist1.asp
>>
>> Anyone got the time, knowhow and inclination to set one up for COLA?
>> Could save a lot of time when replying to trolls to merely point to
>> their entry in the twitlist. A brief description of the twits
>> 'special' characteristics and a few links to some of their priceless
>> posts.
>>
>> Might be fun. :-)
>
> I have some code which I can use to achieve this quickly. How about
> making it password-protected though, then passing it among us via
> E-mail?

Certainly some form of moderation will be required as to what gets
submitted. A simple login mechanism would suffice for making updates /
adding new twits.

Kier

Dec 31, 2006, 2:34:40 PM12/31/06
On Sun, 31 Dec 2006 19:35:11 +0100, Roy Culley wrote:

> alt.atheism has a website dedicated to twits that post to the
> newsgroup:
>
> http://www.city-of-dis.com/twitlist/twitlist1.asp
>
> Anyone got the time, knowhow and inclination to set one up for COLA?
> Could save a lot of time when replying to trolls to merely point to
> their entry in the twitlist. A brief description of the twits
> 'special' characteristics and a few links to some of their priceless
> posts.

I nominate Rick and Snit for banging on interminably about nothing worth
reading.

--
Kier

Snit

Dec 31, 2006, 2:35:35 PM12/31/06
"Kier" <val...@tiscali.co.uk> stated in post
pan.2006.12.31...@tiscali.co.uk on 12/31/06 12:34 PM:

I am pretty much done with him in the current "debate". I have noted his
trolling and how he has lost control and, frankly, he does not have it in
him to rise above that level. I shall... by ceasing to respond to his
trolling, at least in that thread - and whatever else he renames it to.

--
€ OS X is partially based on BSD (esp. FreeBSD)
€ OS X users are at far less risk of malware then are XP users

Rick

Dec 31, 2006, 2:59:51 PM12/31/06

Hey.. Peter is in there posting to Snit. At least I'm marking mine OT.

--
Rick

Roy Schestowitz

Dec 31, 2006, 2:53:32 PM12/31/06
__/ [ Roy Culley ] on Sunday 31 December 2006 19:09 \__

> begin risky.vbs
> <7169271.4...@schestowitz.com>,
> Roy Schestowitz <newsg...@schestowitz.com> writes:
>> __/ [ Roy Culley ] on Sunday 31 December 2006 18:35 \__
>>
>>> alt.atheism has a website dedicated to twits that post to the
>>> newsgroup:
>>>
>>> http://www.city-of-dis.com/twitlist/twitlist1.asp
>>>
>>> Anyone got the time, knowhow and inclination to set one up for COLA?
>>> Could save a lot of time when replying to trolls to merely point to
>>> their entry in the twitlist. A brief description of the twits
>>> 'special' characteristics and a few links to some of their priceless
>>> posts.
>>>
>>> Might be fun. :-)
>>
>> I have some code which I can use to achieve this quickly. How about
>> making it password-protected though, then passing it among us via
>> E-mail?
>
> Certainly some form of moderation will be required as to what gets
> submitted. A simple login mechanism would suffice for making updates /
> adding new twits.

Sounds like something that SourceForge can offer. Does Mathew really maintain
COLA.com? We could put it to use.

My assessment w.r.t. Slashdot was right. It's up now. I just hope the server
doesn't melt. It's on its way to Digg's front page and it's already on
Netscape, Technocrat, Groklaw and some other sites...

ed

Dec 31, 2006, 3:08:15 PM12/31/06
On Sun, 31 Dec 2006 19:53:32 +0000
Roy Schestowitz <newsg...@schestowitz.com> wrote:

> Sounds like something that SourceForge can offer. Does Mathew really
> maintain COLA.com? We could put it to use.
>
> My assessment w.r.t. Slashdot was right. It's up now. I just hope the
> server doesn't melt. It's on its way to Digg's front page and it's
> already on Netscape, Technocrat, Groklaw and some other sites...

Registrant:
Cola.com, Inc.
400 Nevada Way
Boulder City, NV 89005
US

i would be surprised.

--
Regards, Ed :: http://www.openbsdhacker.com
just another bash hacker

Kier

Dec 31, 2006, 3:43:02 PM12/31/06

Granted. But why not quit now - kick back and have a drink for New Years
Eve. Neither of you - or Peter for that matter - are ever likely to win
the argument.

Cheers!

--
Kier

Roy Culley

Dec 31, 2006, 3:42:45 PM12/31/06
begin risky.vbs
<pan.2006.12.31...@tiscali.co.uk>,

There are more deserving 'twits' IMHO. snit should just be ignored as
he's nothing more than a persistent troll who thrives on being fed.

Roy S is the only one to constructively respond to my post so far.
Surely someone has the time and inclination to set this up. I think it
would be fun and useful. There again perhaps I'm just an old fart
and no one else gives a damn.

Snit

Dec 31, 2006, 4:23:26 PM12/31/06
"Roy Culley" <mr...@spamme.zz> stated in post 5vjl64-...@dog.did.it on
12/31/06 1:42 PM:

> begin risky.vbs
> <pan.2006.12.31...@tiscali.co.uk>,
> Kier <val...@tiscali.co.uk> writes:
>> On Sun, 31 Dec 2006 19:35:11 +0100, Roy Culley wrote:
>>
>>> alt.atheism has a website dedicated to twits that post to the
>>> newsgroup:
>>>
>>> http://www.city-of-dis.com/twitlist/twitlist1.asp
>>>
>>> Anyone got the time, knowhow and inclination to set one up for COLA?
>>> Could save a lot of time when replying to trolls to merely point to
>>> their entry in the twitlist. A brief description of the twits
>>> 'special' characteristics and a few links to some of their priceless
>>> posts.
>>
>> I nominate Rick and Snit for banging on interminably about nothing
>> worth reading.
>
> There are more deserving 'twits' IMHO. snit should just be ignored as
> he's nothing more than a persistent troll who thrives on being fed.

I look forward to your examples that lead you to this conclusion. I reply
often to Peter and Rick... is that what you mean?

> Roy S is the only one to constructively respond to my post so far.
> Surely someone has the time and inclination to set this up. I think it
> would be fun and useful. There again perhaps I'm just an old fart
> and no one else gives a damn.

I think it would end up being a popularity contest of the one who sets it
up.

--
€ If A = B then B = A (known as the "symmetric property of equality")
€ Incest and sex are not identical (only a pervert would disagree)

Snit

Dec 31, 2006, 4:23:52 PM12/31/06
"Kier" <val...@tiscali.co.uk> stated in post
pan.2006.12.31....@tiscali.co.uk on 12/31/06 1:43 PM:

Agreed. I let it drop - it was going nowhere.

--
€ Nuclear arms are arms
€ OS X's Command+Scroll wheel function does not exist in default XP

Roy Schestowitz

Dec 31, 2006, 4:29:25 PM12/31/06
__/ [ Roy Culley ] on Sunday 31 December 2006 20:42 \__

> begin risky.vbs
> <pan.2006.12.31...@tiscali.co.uk>,
> Kier <val...@tiscali.co.uk> writes:
>> On Sun, 31 Dec 2006 19:35:11 +0100, Roy Culley wrote:
>>
>>> alt.atheism has a website dedicated to twits that post to the
>>> newsgroup:
>>>
>>> http://www.city-of-dis.com/twitlist/twitlist1.asp
>>>
>>> Anyone got the time, knowhow and inclination to set one up for COLA?
>>> Could save a lot of time when replying to trolls to merely point to
>>> their entry in the twitlist. A brief description of the twits
>>> 'special' characteristics and a few links to some of their priceless
>>> posts.
>>
>> I nominate Rick and Snit for banging on interminably about nothing
>> worth reading.
>
> There are more deserving 'twits' IMHO. snit should just be ignored as
> he's nothing more than a persistent troll who thrives on being fed.
>
> Roy S is the only one to constructively respond to my post so far.
> Surely someone has the time and inclination to set this up. I think it
> would be fun and useful. There again perhaps I'm just an old fart
> and no one else gives a damn.

If I put something on my domain (like the COLA killfile Wiki), nobody (or
only few) will bother to participate because of a false sense of
'ownership'. Where would be a good place to set this up?

--
~~ Kind greetings and happy holidays!

Roy S. Schestowitz | "ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI"
http://Schestowitz.com | GNU/Linux Ś PGP-Key: 0x74572E8E
Mem: 514480k total, 480688k used, 33792k free, 4712k buffers

Snit

Dec 31, 2006, 4:43:13 PM12/31/06
"Roy Schestowitz" <newsg...@schestowitz.com> stated in post
1958645.c...@schestowitz.com on 12/31/06 2:29 PM:

> __/ [ Roy Culley ] on Sunday 31 December 2006 20:42 \__
>
>> begin risky.vbs
>> <pan.2006.12.31...@tiscali.co.uk>,
>> Kier <val...@tiscali.co.uk> writes:

>>> I nominate Rick and Snit for banging on interminably about nothing
>>> worth reading.
>>
>> There are more deserving 'twits' IMHO. snit should just be ignored as
>> he's nothing more than a persistent troll who thrives on being fed.
>>
>> Roy S is the only one to constructively respond to my post so far.
>> Surely someone has the time and inclination to set this up. I think it
>> would be fun and useful. There again perhaps I'm just an old fart
>> and no one else gives a damn.
>
> If I put something on my domain (like the COLA killfile Wiki), nobody (or
> only few) will bother to participate because of a false sense of
> 'ownership'. Where would be a good place to set this up?

Hmmm, and if you do set it up will it be open or closed - will *anyone* be
able to add content?

--
€ A partial subset is not synonymous with the whole
€ A person's actions speak more about him than what others say

wjbell

Dec 31, 2006, 5:00:23 PM12/31/06

Of course not.

And it's funny that these supposed "champions" of open software (and I
use that term very lightly) are already talking about a password
protected list, or kill file, or whatever completely closed off from
open opinion.

These "advocates" are hypocrites. People like Culley who post cola
stats and call people out of their name just because their opinion is
different. That doesn't follow the 'free as in speech' creed they
supposedly hold so dear. Or what about Schestowitz who will steal
copyrighted works and then curse others for doing the same.

--
wjbell

Peter K abandon his firewall lie:
http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/e6eaf7e09552e5e2?hl=en

Jim R failing to address the issue after being asked:
http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/5ad37ca14a2d7224?hl=en

And of course, Roy Culley -- COLAs loyal hall monitor:
http://groups.google.com/groups?as_q=cola+stats&hl=en&as_uauthors=roy+culley
http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/578bb2221ad0453c?hl=en

Roy Schestowitz

Dec 31, 2006, 5:00:06 PM12/31/06
__/ [ Snit ] on Sunday 31 December 2006 21:43 \__

Well, anyone except Novell. We'll rollback any patches when they commit. We
don't need viruses (also known as macros) and legal timebombs.

--
~~ Kind greetings and happy holidays!

Roy S. Schestowitz
http://Schestowitz.com | Open Prospects Ś PGP-Key: 0x74572E8E
Tasks: 137 total, 1 running, 134 sleeping, 0 stopped, 2 zombie

Snit

Dec 31, 2006, 5:13:38 PM12/31/06
"Roy Schestowitz" <newsg...@schestowitz.com> stated in post
1198783.G...@schestowitz.com on 12/31/06 3:00 PM:

Um, OK.

--
€ Different viruses are still different even if in the same "family"
€ Dreamweaver and GoLive are professional web development applications

flatfish+++

Dec 31, 2006, 6:49:26 PM12/31/06

Exactly!
And they are the very same hypocrites that use Windows all day long to
earn their living (except for Roy Schestowitz who is still sponging off
his grants and financial aid money) yet claim how useless it is.

They are the very same hypocrites who will follow the money when and if
they ever get a paying job.
Yet they expect others to OSS their software and give away their
intellectual property. With the exception of Mark Kent of course who
believes that their is no such thing as intellectual property.

Key word: Hypocrites.

High Plains Thumper

Dec 31, 2006, 9:45:48 PM12/31/06
Roy Culley wrote:

> alt.atheism has a website dedicated to twits that post to
> the newsgroup:
>
> http://www.city-of-dis.com/twitlist/twitlist1.asp
>
> Anyone got the time, knowhow and inclination to set one up
> for COLA? Could save a lot of time when replying to trolls
> to merely point to their entry in the twitlist. A brief
> description of the twits 'special' characteristics and a
> few links to some of their priceless posts.
>
> Might be fun. :-)

Following is a reworded quote from the referenced webpage,
with apology to advocates: :-)

| This old favourite, is of course, based on a complete
| misunderstanding of Open Source Software (OSS) principles
| involved. It is explained to you in c.o.l.advocacy that the
| charter states that the newsgroup is for beneficial
| comparison of Linux to other operating systems. However,
| Winvocates insist that the second law of thermodynamics
| states entropy always increases in OSS, and that the
| Microsoft software is not such an open system. It is
| suggested that perhaps Microsoft may possibly be supplying
| value added .NET components, which in reality are lock-ins
| in lieu of Sun's JAVA, in this case the lock-ins ensure
| proprietary software sustainment and that perpetuation of
| its products are readily available.

Yes, Roy, I know it is drivel. Anyway, Happy New Year!

--
HPT

Rick

Jan 1, 2007, 1:41:01 AM1/1/07

I'm pretty much done with Snit for a while.

> Cheers!

Thanks. happy New Year... I have a LOT of Champagne in me at the moment :-)

--
Rick

Linonut

Jan 1, 2007, 10:12:06 AM1/1/07
After takin' a swig o' grog, wjbell belched out this bit o' wisdom:

> Of course not.

Careful, tinkerbell. You'd just about top the twit list.

--
To boldly go where I surely don't belong.

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

DFS

Jan 1, 2007, 5:54:31 PM1/1/07