Hey DFS...Ask Kohlmann to explain this one (was fonts...)

flatfish+++

Sep 1, 2006, 11:09:35 PM9/1/06

Over here he accuses you of rigging the screenshots by turning of
anti-aliasing:

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/82e012c465a663cf

"You mean, you deliberately selected different fonts/fontsizes?
And deselected Anti-aliasing too for KDE?
Figures, after all you are one of the most dishonest widiots around here"

Yet over here, he claims anti-aliasing has no effect on screen shots:

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/628d7bbe0fe46061

" BTW, it is so simple to test for yourself.
Do a screen-shot of a text. Now disable anti-aliasing
Do again screen-shot of same text.
Compare both. They are exactly the same"

Kohlmann once again proves his technical ineptness.

DFS

Sep 2, 2006, 12:05:22 AM9/2/06

oooohhh! Good catch and good slam, flatty.

Kohlmann, you loudmouth, whaddaya say? Don't pull a Rex Ballard and ignore.

yttrx

Sep 2, 2006, 12:07:21 AM9/2/06

And yet after all of this, my fonts look just fine.

I stuck my windows laptop (a lenovo T60) next to my NEC 1970GX just to
make sure, too. Just now.

And actually, the fonts on my Gnome desktop (with a few KDE apps running on
it) actually look BETTER. Sharper, more contrast, and even a tiny bit
smoother. I will admit that the NEC monitor is much better than my laptop
display.

But either way, this is a dead issue. If your fonts look shitty under linux,
then one of two things is happening:

1. youve misconfigured your linux install
2. you're a fucking idiot

-----yttrx

--
http://www.yttrx.net

DFS

Sep 2, 2006, 12:18:50 AM9/2/06
yttrx wrote:

> And yet after all of this, my fonts look just fine.
>
> I stuck my windows laptop (a lenovo T60) next to my NEC 1970GX just to
> make sure, too. Just now.
>
> And actually, the fonts on my Gnome desktop (with a few KDE apps
> running on it) actually look BETTER. Sharper, more contrast, and
> even a tiny bit smoother. I will admit that the NEC monitor is much
> better than my laptop display.

There you go. Get two of the same display, and the Windows fonts are
definitely nicer (in my opinion).

> But either way, this is a dead issue.

At one point I thought it was, too. For the most part, fonts under Linux
are OK. Mostly readable and crisp enough. But this was evidence there are
still problems.

> If your fonts look shitty
> under linux, then one of two things is happening:

> 1. youve misconfigured your linux install

I didn't install anything. If you didn't read the first post, I ran
Konqueror from a Live CD (Mandriva One I think it was), and loaded up CNN,
where the default fonts and pages looked like crap.

> 2. you're a fucking idiot

Why do you always have to sling the curse words? It really detracts from
your posts.

yttrx

Sep 2, 2006, 12:32:14 AM9/2/06
DFS <nospam@dfs_.com> wrote:

>> And actually, the fonts on my Gnome desktop (with a few KDE apps
>> running on it) actually look BETTER. Sharper, more contrast, and
>> even a tiny bit smoother. I will admit that the NEC monitor is much
>> better than my laptop display.
>
> There you go. Get two of the same display, and the Windows fonts are
> definitely nicer (in my opinion).

Well, I cannot look at them on the same time on the same display, but
I have booted into windows a few times on this machine to play games,
and on the same NEC monitor, I think the fonts (true, viewed at least
ten minutes apart) on my Ubuntu install look at LEAST as good as the
fonts in my windows install.

> At one point I thought it was, too. For the most part, fonts under Linux
> are OK. Mostly readable and crisp enough. But this was evidence there are
> still problems.

I wouldnt exactly use the word "problems". I think you know as well as
I do that this whole thing is just as much a matter of taste and use
than anything else.

>> 1. youve misconfigured your linux install
>
> I didn't install anything. If you didn't read the first post, I ran
> Konqueror from a Live CD (Mandriva One I think it was), and loaded up CNN,
> where the default fonts and pages looked like crap.

Then its not a fair test. You're using the default font configuration on
a live cd. If you were to use--you know--an actual linux install, I think
youd find the issue very highly configurable, and you may actually end
up with fonts that are easy on your eyes.

>> 2. you're a fucking idiot
>
> Why do you always have to sling the curse words? It really detracts from
> your posts.

Fuck you.

Actually, I do that because it's usenet, and usenet has been dead to me
since AOL first launched that stupid goddamn gateway of theirs.

-----yttrx

--
http://www.yttrx.net

DFS

Sep 2, 2006, 12:43:32 AM9/2/06
yttrx wrote:

> Fuck you.

You too, asshole.

Bobbie

Sep 2, 2006, 12:54:06 AM9/2/06
On Sat, 02 Sep 2006 00:43:32 -0400, DFS wrote:

> You too, asshole.

DFS, you should be ashamed of yourself.
Profanity such as this has no place in Usenet.

--
Bobbie the Triple Killer
http://members.shaw.ca/bobbie4/index.htm

email Bobbie @ bobbie4R...@shaw.ca
remember to 'remove this'

Bobbie recently switched to Ubuntu 6.
Why? Cause he can, that's why.

yttrx

Sep 2, 2006, 12:55:00 AM9/2/06

Your lack of response to my valid points in my previous reply to your
post shall be taken as admission of my absolute correctness, and your
utter wrongness.

kthx,

-----yttrx

--
http://www.yttrx.net

DFS

Sep 2, 2006, 1:11:49 AM9/2/06
Bobbie wrote:
> On Sat, 02 Sep 2006 00:43:32 -0400, DFS wrote:
>
>> You too, asshole.
>
> DFS, you should be ashamed of yourself.
> Profanity such as this has no place in Usenet.

heh...I know you're snickering... but I agree. I rarely, rarely curse.
It's demeaning to use (except when you hit a @#@$%#@ 4-iron thin and the
ball skids along the ground for 100 &%$%#@& yards :)

oh, and yttrx is a special kind of insufferable prick.

Dangling Gubbo

Sep 2, 2006, 10:48:24 AM9/2/06
yttrx wrote:

> DFS <nospam@dfs_.com> wrote:
>
>>> And actually, the fonts on my Gnome desktop (with a few KDE apps
>>> running on it) actually look BETTER. Sharper, more contrast, and
>>> even a tiny bit smoother. I will admit that the NEC monitor is much
>>> better than my laptop display.
>>
>> There you go. Get two of the same display, and the Windows fonts are
>> definitely nicer (in my opinion).
>>

> Well, I cannot look at them on the same time on the same display, but
> I have booted into windows a few times on this machine to play games,
> and on the same NEC monitor, I think the fonts (true, viewed at least
> ten minutes apart) on my Ubuntu install look at LEAST as good as the
> fonts in my windows install.

Linux could do with a font Fine Tuner like the one M$ have for XP:

http://www.microsoft.com/typography/cleartype/tuner/Step3.aspx

Oh, but then again... :> it's the /video driver/ that does the anti-aliasing
and by some miracle injects half pixels... so screenshots are always going
to look the same aren't they... *doh*

yttrx

Sep 2, 2006, 11:24:20 AM9/2/06
Dangling Gubbo <ro...@linux.home> wrote:
> yttrx wrote:

>>> There you go. Get two of the same display, and the Windows fonts are
>>> definitely nicer (in my opinion).
>>>

>> Well, I cannot look at them on the same time on the same display, but
>> I have booted into windows a few times on this machine to play games,
>> and on the same NEC monitor, I think the fonts (true, viewed at least
>> ten minutes apart) on my Ubuntu install look at LEAST as good as the
>> fonts in my windows install.
>>

> Linux could do with a font Fine Tuner like the one M$ have for XP:
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/typography/cleartype/tuner/Step3.aspx

Many distributions have that already, and thanks in advance for doing your
research!

> Oh, but then again... :> it's the /video driver/ that does the anti-aliasing
> and by some miracle injects half pixels... so screenshots are always going
> to look the same aren't they... *doh*

You know...I'll just bet you're a homosexual.

-----yttrx

--
http://www.yttrx.net

Message has been deleted

Dangling Gubbo

Sep 2, 2006, 12:04:03 PM9/2/06
yttrx wrote:

> Dangling Gubbo <ro...@linux.home> wrote:
>> yttrx wrote:

>>> Well, I cannot look at them on the same time on the same display, but
>>> I have booted into windows a few times on this machine to play games,
>>> and on the same NEC monitor, I think the fonts (true, viewed at least
>>> ten minutes apart) on my Ubuntu install look at LEAST as good as the
>>> fonts in my windows install.
>>>

>> Linux could do with a font Fine Tuner like the one M$ have for XP:
>>
>> http://www.microsoft.com/typography/cleartype/tuner/Step3.aspx
>>

> Many distributions have that already, and thanks in advance for doing your
> research!

Where? I've never seen such a thing.

>> Oh, but then again... :> it's the /video driver/ that does the
>> anti-aliasing and by some miracle injects half pixels... so screenshots
>> are always going to look the same aren't they... *doh*
>>

> You know...I'll just bet you're a homosexual.

Nope, but your probably wishing I was, and at least I'm not a complete cunt
like yourself.

Hadron Quark

Sep 2, 2006, 12:06:35 PM9/2/06
flatfish+++ <flat...@linuxmail.org> writes:

> Get ready for either:
>
> 1. The thread slink, ala Ballard.
> 2. The semantic argument. ie:what I *really meant* was......
> 3. I don't have to prove/answer anything to you.
>
> Kohlmann typically runs and hides hoping his flubs will disappear.

It seems to me he thought AA was something the video card did to the
signal which is sent to the monitor as opposed to the video
buffer. Hilarious. Good catch.

yttrx

Sep 2, 2006, 12:53:14 PM9/2/06
Dangling Gubbo <ro...@linux.home> wrote:

>>> http://www.microsoft.com/typography/cleartype/tuner/Step3.aspx
>>>

>> Many distributions have that already, and thanks in advance for doing your
>> research!
>
> Where? I've never seen such a thing.

Well, in ubuntu for example, we have gnome-font-properties. Actually thats
just a gnome thing, and can be installed on any operating system capable of
running gnome.

>> You know...I'll just bet you're a homosexual.
>
> Nope, but your probably wishing I was, and at least I'm not a complete cunt
> like yourself.

8(

-----yttrx

--
http://www.yttrx.net

Dangling Gubbo

Sep 2, 2006, 1:04:12 PM9/2/06
yttrx wrote:

>>> Many distributions have that already, and thanks in advance for doing
>>> your research!
>>
>> Where? I've never seen such a thing.
>>

> Well, in ubuntu for example, we have gnome-font-properties. Actually
> thats just a gnome thing, and can be installed on any operating system
> capable of running gnome.

And KDE has the Control Centre.. but neither of those utilities actually do
anything other than allowing you to enable/disable anti-aliasing and set
hinting to one of 4 levels - levels 1 and 2 looking crap, 3 and 4 looking
almost identical.

There's no way of controlling the amount of anti-aliasing or the relative
thickness of fonts, resulting in either fonts that look generally crap and
over thinned, or fonts that look reasonable unless they are BOLD when they
develop fringes.

yttrx

Sep 2, 2006, 1:12:24 PM9/2/06

Hey, sweet...ok do me a favor will you?

STOP FUCKING USING LINUX THIS GODDAMN MINUTE AND USE SOMETHING ELSE ALREADY.

Jesus, you never fucking stop complaining, do you.

-----yttrx

--
http://www.yttrx.net

Dangling Gubbo

Sep 2, 2006, 1:35:56 PM9/2/06
yttrx wrote:

> Jesus, you never fucking stop complaining, do you.

No, and why should I? Linux is pushing itself to be a realistic alternative
to Windows - if its ever going to get there the Linux community as a whole
will have to get used to people complaining about little details like this.

Maybe you'd be happy to have unreadable fonts, piss-poor graphic speeds, no
applications, shite quality audio etc. etc. etc., and use Linux "because
it's not Microsoft"?

Others won't - they'll use whatever is 'best'. Hence M$'s stranglehold on
the OS market, and the reason they'll stay there unless Linux - and its
users - accept that not everyone thinks the sun shines out of Linux's ass.

Linonut

Sep 2, 2006, 3:06:33 PM9/2/06
After takin' a swig o' grog, Dangling Gubbo belched out this bit o' wisdom:

> No, and why should I? Linux is pushing itself to be a realistic alternative
> to Windows - if its ever going to get there the Linux community as a whole
> will have to get used to people complaining about little details like this.

I dunno. People in general complain about a lot of things and Windows,
yet they still use it.

Perhaps the entrenchment of Windows has more to do with the current
situation (on the desktop) than anything else.

> Maybe you'd be happy to have unreadable fonts, piss-poor graphic speeds, no
> applications, shite quality audio etc. etc. etc., and use Linux "because
> it's not Microsoft"?

I use Linux because it has a wide array of fonts, good font support,
generally good graphics speeds (I'm not a gamer), tons of applications,
great audio quality, great stability, and it doesn't get in the way of
what I like to do (for the most part).

> Others won't - they'll use whatever is 'best'. Hence M$'s stranglehold on
> the OS market, and the reason they'll stay there unless Linux - and its
> users - accept that not everyone thinks the sun shines out of Linux's ass.

Tell me who stuck a flashlight up Gates' ass?

--
Press "Any" key to continue.

Bobbie

Sep 2, 2006, 3:19:53 PM9/2/06
On Sat, 02 Sep 2006 14:06:33 -0500, Linonut wrote:

> Tell me who stuck a flashlight up Gates' ass?

Steve Ballmer?

Bobbie

Sep 2, 2006, 3:32:40 PM9/2/06
On Sat, 02 Sep 2006 17:35:56 +0000, Dangling Gubbo wrote:

> yttrx wrote:
>

>> Jesus, you never fucking stop complaining, do you.
>>

> No, and why should I?

Because it gets a little boring after awhile.

> Linux is pushing itself to be a realistic alternative
> to Windows - if its ever going to get there the Linux community as a whole
> will have to get used to people complaining about little details like this.

I didn't realize that Linux was a single entity. When you compare Linux to
Windows, Linux comes out smelling like a rose every time. Why, you ask?
Because with all of the hundreds of millions of dollars that MS puts into
Windows R&D along with all of the hardware vendors that create drivers
specifically for Windows and it still has major reliability issues. No
thanks, I'll take Linux.

> Maybe you'd be happy to have unreadable fonts, piss-poor graphic speeds, no
> applications, shite quality audio etc. etc. etc., and use Linux "because
> it's not Microsoft"?

Whatever.
To make this a fair comparison why don't we compare a "Live" Linux CD vs.
a "Live" Windows CD. Oh wait, never mind.

> Others won't - they'll use whatever is 'best'.

What you mean is that others will simply use whatever was shipped on the
machine from the factory.

Bobbie

Sep 2, 2006, 3:38:46 PM9/2/06

And if he is?
Why oh why are people always trying to portray homosexuals as deviants?
It's not like we use Windows.

> -----yttrx

Gubo Dangle

Sep 2, 2006, 3:47:15 PM9/2/06
Bobbie presented the following explanation :

> On Sat, 02 Sep 2006 17:35:56 +0000, Dangling Gubbo wrote:
>
>> yttrx wrote:
>>

>>> Jesus, you never fucking stop complaining, do you.
>>>

>> No, and why should I?
>
> Because it gets a little boring after awhile.

Get used to it. Or accept that Linux will remain a minority OS.

It can be done - http://www.nu2.nu/pebuilder/

>> Others won't - they'll use whatever is 'best'.
>
> What you mean is that others will simply use whatever was shipped on the
> machine from the factory.

The choice is available to all. It has been for the last 10 years or
so.

Message has been deleted

Hadron Quark

Sep 2, 2006, 4:03:49 PM9/2/06
Bobbie <bobbie4R...@shaw.ca> writes:

> On Sat, 02 Sep 2006 17:35:56 +0000, Dangling Gubbo wrote:
>
>> yttrx wrote:
>>

>>> Jesus, you never fucking stop complaining, do you.
>>>

>> No, and why should I?
>
> Because it gets a little boring after awhile.

You're in the wrong newsgroup then. Its all about contrast and
compare. And Linux audio is shit : on a lot of HW. Specifically mine
... :(

Personally, I run Dapper 6.06 on a 1280x1024 flatscreen and the desktop
is looking MUCH better than XP's. No rendering issues at all.

>> Linux is pushing itself to be a realistic alternative
>> to Windows - if its ever going to get there the Linux community as a whole
>> will have to get used to people complaining about little details like this.
>
> I didn't realize that Linux was a single entity. When you compare Linux to
> Windows, Linux comes out smelling like a rose every time. Why, you
> ask?

No it doesnt: it comes out smelling of crap - a lot. Its why its such a
minority fad.

> Because with all of the hundreds of millions of dollars that MS puts into
> Windows R&D along with all of the hardware vendors that create drivers
> specifically for Windows and it still has major reliability issues. No
> thanks, I'll take Linux.

What reliability issues? I never had any of these in years of using
Windows with old, modern and cutting edge HW. Why? Because MS & the HW
vendors work together to make it work.

>> Maybe you'd be happy to have unreadable fonts, piss-poor graphic speeds, no
>> applications, shite quality audio etc. etc. etc., and use Linux "because
>> it's not Microsoft"?
>>

> Whatever.
> To make this a fair comparison why don't we compare a "Live" Linux CD vs.
> a "Live" Windows CD. Oh wait, never mind.
>

>> Others won't - they'll use whatever is 'best'.
>
> What you mean is that others will simply use whatever was shipped on the
> machine from the factory.

No. What works.

Bobbie

Sep 2, 2006, 4:35:54 PM9/2/06
On Sat, 02 Sep 2006 15:56:53 -0500, flatfish+++ wrote:

> On Sat, 02 Sep 2006 19:38:46 +0000, Bobbie wrote:

>>> You know...I'll just bet you're a homosexual.
>>>

>> And if he is?
>> Why oh why are people always trying to portray homosexuals as deviants?
>> It's not like we use Windows.

> ^^^^
>
> So you admit you are a homosexual Bobbie.

Ummmm, I don't ever recall denying this.

> Good. Coming out of the closet and admitting or facing your problem is the
> first step.

Are you speaking from personal experience?

> I always knew that "Triple Killer" stuff had more meaning than
> motorcycles.
>
> Not as bad as "High Plains Thumper" though....
>
> And I used to think Mary Jane was just a school girl name....
>
> As for homosexuals being deviants, well, judge for yourself:
>

> http://www.cruisingforsex.com/
>
> ....Just remember this next time you are at a Ballys Fitness Center and
> go to the bathroom to pee................................

Whatever.
Check out all the desperate het males on craigslist.
http://vancouver.craigslist.org/m4w/

Message has been deleted

Bobbie

Sep 2, 2006, 4:52:31 PM9/2/06
On Sat, 02 Sep 2006 16:47:37 -0500, flatfish+++ wrote:

> On Sat, 02 Sep 2006 20:35:54 +0000, Bobbie wrote:

>>> ^^^^
>>>
>>> So you admit you are a homosexual Bobbie.
>>>

>> Ummmm, I don't ever recall denying this.
>>

>>> Good. Coming out of the closet and admitting or facing your problem is the
>>> first step.
>>
>> Are you speaking from personal experience?
>

> Actually yes.
>
> In my younger college days I was addicted to alcohol.
>
> Facing your problem is the first step.

Glad to see that you were able to overcome this. But what does an
addiction have to do with sexual preference?

>>> I always knew that "Triple Killer" stuff had more meaning than
>>> motorcycles.
>>>
>>> Not as bad as "High Plains Thumper" though....
>>>
>>> And I used to think Mary Jane was just a school girl name....
>>>
>>> As for homosexuals being deviants, well, judge for yourself:
>>>

>>> http://www.cruisingforsex.com/
>>>
>>> ....Just remember this next time you are at a Ballys Fitness Center and
>>> go to the bathroom to pee................................
>>
>> Whatever.
>> Check out all the desperate het males on craigslist.
>> http://vancouver.craigslist.org/m4w/
>

> I doubt they are hanging out in Ballys bathrooms or other "cruisy" spots
> looking for partners.......

No, they're usually hanging out at the Roxy on Saturday night hoping that
their cheap cologne and 'Happy drunk' attitude will score them a piece of
tail.

Kier

Sep 2, 2006, 5:01:02 PM9/2/06
On Sat, 02 Sep 2006 16:47:37 -0500, flatfish+++ wrote:

> On Sat, 02 Sep 2006 20:35:54 +0000, Bobbie wrote:

>>> ^^^^
>>>
>>> So you admit you are a homosexual Bobbie.
>>>

>> Ummmm, I don't ever recall denying this.
>>

>>> Good. Coming out of the closet and admitting or facing your problem is the
>>> first step.
>>
>> Are you speaking from personal experience?
>

> Actually yes.
>
> In my younger college days I was addicted to alcohol.
>

> Facing your problem is the first step.

What problem does he have? Other than homophobic idiots making asumptions
about him, that is.

--
Kier

Message has been deleted

Mathew P.

Sep 2, 2006, 6:38:30 PM9/2/06

On 2006-09-02, Hadron Quark spake thusly:

> Bobbie <bobbie4R...@shaw.ca> writes:

>>> No, and why should I?
>>
>> Because it gets a little boring after awhile.
>>

> You're in the wrong newsgroup then. Its all about contrast and
> compare. And Linux audio is shit : on a lot of HW. Specifically mine
> ... :(
>
> Personally, I run Dapper 6.06 on a 1280x1024 flatscreen and the desktop
> is looking MUCH better than XP's. No rendering issues at all.
>

>>> Linux is pushing itself to be a realistic alternative
>>> to Windows - if its ever going to get there the Linux community as a whole
>>> will have to get used to people complaining about little details like this.
>>
>> I didn't realize that Linux was a single entity. When you compare Linux to
>> Windows, Linux comes out smelling like a rose every time. Why, you
>> ask?
>
> No it doesnt: it comes out smelling of crap - a lot. Its why its such a
> minority fad.

---------------------8<--------------------

This caught my eye not because I was especially interested in the thread
but because of the above statement.

Guess what got me into Linux in the first place? I'll give you a clue; I couldn't
do it in windows. I had never heard of Linux, but I was looking for a program to
control a ham radio packet node. I was going to set up an automated Knode, which
is sort of like a ham radio packet forwarding system. I found that the programs
available for this purpose overwhelmingly required linux, and no windows version
was available. I later discovered that this has much to do with the fact that
a reliable system not easily subject to crashes is needed to insure such
emergency communication systems/networks as Radio Amateur Civil Emergency Service
(RACES) an organiztion that provides communications in times of need like
Katrina.

Linux isn't a fad, and it isn't a load of crap. Ask any of the worldwide emergency
service providers that rely on amateur radio in times of need, say, the American
red cross (which by the way, has their own comm satellite much like OSCAR's).

Spam bot evader:

kilo delta 6 mike sierra india

regards,

Mathew

--
"Always do the right thing: It will delight / Aluminum Foil Deflector Beanies
some and astound the rest" - Mark Twain / Psychotronic protection, low prices

flatfish+++

Sep 2, 2006, 7:42:36 PM9/2/06

Nice hijack, but none of us has seen Peter Kohlmann address his obvious
lack of technical skills.

Earth to Kohlmann!!!

Kier

Sep 2, 2006, 6:44:58 PM9/2/06
On Sat, 02 Sep 2006 17:45:31 -0500, flatfish+++ wrote:

> It has nothing to do with being homophobic.
> That is just a term invented by the ultra left wing agenda to lable people
> who oppose homosexuality (which is the vast majority) as nuts.

Really? Then why are you labelling him as the one with the problem? He
doesn't have a problem, it's the dickheads who can't acceot his sexuality
that have the problem.

--
Kier

flatfish+++

Sep 2, 2006, 7:55:51 PM9/2/06

Normal people are heterosexual.
Deviants are homosexual..

Consider this: If everyone were homosexual how would the population
sustain itself?

A rectum is an exit, a filthy one at that. Not meant for penetration.

Look at the homosexual lifestyle...

http://www.whatyouknowmightnotbeso.com/gaystudy.html

The homosexual
lifestyle is an extremely dangerous one. According to numerous studies,
many of which have been commissioned by homosexual publications; 20% of
homosexuals report of participating in sadomasochism where their partner
is hurt, scratched, bruised and/or bloodied. 41% of male homosexuals and
8% of lesbians report "fisting"; where the arm is inserted up the rectum
of one's partner. Over 90% of male homosexuals participate in the
insertion of the penis into the rectum of their sexual partner's.

5% drank urine,
7% incorporated fisting,
33% ingested feces,
53% swallowed semen.

And you're telling me this is *normal*?

You're kidding right?

Hadron Quark

Sep 2, 2006, 6:59:16 PM9/2/06
"Mathew P." <Mat...@COLA.com> writes:

> On 2006-09-02, Hadron Quark spake thusly:
>> Bobbie <bobbie4R...@shaw.ca> writes:

>>> Because it gets a little boring after awhile.
>>>

>> You're in the wrong newsgroup then. Its all about contrast and
>> compare. And Linux audio is shit : on a lot of HW. Specifically mine
>> ... :(
>>
>> Personally, I run Dapper 6.06 on a 1280x1024 flatscreen and the desktop
>> is looking MUCH better than XP's. No rendering issues at all.

>>> I didn't realize that Linux was a single entity. When you compare Linux to
>>> Windows, Linux comes out smelling like a rose every time. Why, you
>>> ask?
>>
>> No it doesnt: it comes out smelling of crap - a lot. Its why its such a
>> minority fad.
>
> ---------------------8<--------------------
>
> This caught my eye not because I was especially interested in the thread
> but because of the above statement.

Which was a "comparison" in the light of some major fibs.

> Guess what got me into Linux in the first place? I'll give you a clue; I couldn't
> do it in windows. I had never heard of Linux, but I was looking for a
> program to

I use Linux too : and love it.

> control a ham radio packet node. I was going to set up an automated Knode, which
> is sort of like a ham radio packet forwarding system. I found that the programs
> available for this purpose overwhelmingly required linux, and no windows version
> was available. I later discovered that this has much to do with the fact that
> a reliable system not easily subject to crashes is needed to insure such
> emergency communication systems/networks as Radio Amateur Civil Emergency Service
> (RACES) an organiztion that provides communications in times of need like
> Katrina.
>
> Linux isn't a fad, and it isn't a load of crap. Ask any of the

It smells like crap to a *lot* of windows users because it doesnt do
what Windows does for the great majority of home uses. With some careful
tinkering and some care we can get it working : and working well. No
doubt about that.

> worldwide emergency

Wrong word on my part : a minority usage would be better. I apologise.

> service providers that rely on amateur radio in times of need, say, the American
> red cross (which by the way, has their own comm satellite much like OSCAR's).
>
> Spam bot evader:
>
> kilo delta 6 mike sierra india
>
> regards,
>
> Mathew
>

> --
> "Always do the right thing: It will delight / Aluminum Foil Deflector Beanies
> some and astound the rest" - Mark Twain / Psychotronic protection, low prices

Bobbie

Sep 2, 2006, 7:53:13 PM9/2/06
On Sat, 02 Sep 2006 18:55:51 -0500, flatfish+++ wrote:

> On Sat, 02 Sep 2006 23:44:58 +0100, Kier wrote:
>
>> On Sat, 02 Sep 2006 17:45:31 -0500, flatfish+++ wrote:
>>

>>> It has nothing to do with being homophobic. That is just a term
>>> invented by the ultra left wing agenda to lable people who oppose
>>> homosexuality (which is the vast majority) as nuts.
>>
>> Really? Then why are you labelling him as the one with the problem? He
>> doesn't have a problem, it's the dickheads who can't acceot his
>> sexuality that have the problem.
>

> Normal people are heterosexual.
> Deviants are homosexual..

> Consider this: If everyone were homosexual how would the population
> sustain itself?
>
> A rectum is an exit, a filthy one at that. Not meant for penetration.

So what about the lovely hetero tradition where a guy does his female
partner up the 'poop shoot'?, or for that matter how about when a female
wears a strap on and gives it to her guy?

> Look at the homosexual lifestyle...
>
> http://www.whatyouknowmightnotbeso.com/gaystudy.html
>

> The homosexual
> lifestyle is an extremely dangerous one.

> According to numerous studies,
> many of which have been commissioned by homosexual publications;

Name one. Of course you can't, can you.

> 20% of
> homosexuals report of participating in sadomasochism where their partner
> is hurt, scratched, bruised and/or bloodied.

Yup, last time I checked, BDSM was far more popular amongst straights.

> 41% of male homosexuals and
> 8% of lesbians report "fisting"; where the arm is inserted up the rectum
> of one's partner.

Nice exaggeration there flatty. By the way, fisting is more popular
in hetero relationships. Something about the cervix being far more
receptive to large objects than the rectum.

> Over 90% of male homosexuals participate in the
> insertion of the penis into the rectum of their sexual partner's.

Yeah, straights never take it in the hoop. Whatever.

> 5% drank urine,
> 7% incorporated fisting,

I thought you said that 41% participated in fisting, come on flatty,
you're slipping.

> 33% ingested feces,
> 53% swallowed semen.

Sounds like typical prom night across America

> And you're telling me this is *normal*?

Never said that anything had to be normal. By the way, what is the
official definition of normal?

> You're kidding right?

You sure seem to be.

Kier

Sep 2, 2006, 9:19:14 PM9/2/06
On Sat, 02 Sep 2006 18:55:51 -0500, flatfish+++ wrote:

> On Sat, 02 Sep 2006 23:44:58 +0100, Kier wrote:
>
>> On Sat, 02 Sep 2006 17:45:31 -0500, flatfish+++ wrote:
>>

>>> It has nothing to do with being homophobic. That is just a term
>>> invented by the ultra left wing agenda to lable people who oppose
>>> homosexuality (which is the vast majority) as nuts.
>>
>> Really? Then why are you labelling him as the one with the problem? He
>> doesn't have a problem, it's the dickheads who can't acceot his
>> sexuality that have the problem.
>

> Normal people are heterosexual.
> Deviants are homosexual..

Nope. Normal homosexuals are homosexual, normal heterosexuals are
heterosexual.

> Consider this: If everyone were homosexual how would the population
> sustain itself?

Irrelevant.

> A rectum is an exit, a filthy one at that. Not meant for penetration.

Probably not, but it isn't only homosexuals who use it, and don't ever kid
yourself otherwise.

> Look at the homosexual lifestyle...
>
> http://www.whatyouknowmightnotbeso.com/gaystudy.html
>

> The homosexual
> lifestyle is an extremely dangerous one. According to numerous studies,
> many of which have been commissioned by homosexual publications; 20% of
> homosexuals report of participating in sadomasochism where their partner
> is hurt, scratched, bruised and/or bloodied. 41% of male homosexuals and
> 8% of lesbians report "fisting"; where the arm is inserted up the rectum
> of one's partner. Over 90% of male homosexuals participate in the
> insertion of the penis into the rectum of their sexual partner's.

Heteros do that too. Don't try to kid yourself they don't.

> 5% drank urine,
> 7% incorporated fisting,
> 33% ingested feces,
> 53% swallowed semen.

Heteros do that, too.

> And you're telling me this is *normal*?
>
> You're kidding right?

Define 'normal', you homophobic arsehole.

--
Kier

Message has been deleted

Bobbie

Sep 2, 2006, 10:07:51 PM9/2/06
On Sat, 02 Sep 2006 21:33:47 -0500, flatfish+++ wrote:

> On Sat, 02 Sep 2006 23:53:13 +0000, Bobbie wrote:
>

>> So what about the lovely hetero tradition where a guy does his female
>> partner up the 'poop shoot'?, or for that matter how about when a female
>> wears a strap on and gives it to her guy?
>

> They are as sick as the homos...And BTW that female can still reproduce.
>
> How do you and your buddies reproduce?

How does a woman with a hysterectomy reproduce?
How does a man with avasectomy reproduce?
How is reproduction achieved while on birth control?
Judging by your statement, sex for anything else other than
reproduction is a sin. So how many hetero couple are living in sin by your
designation.
Are you all in favour of marriage only being allowed for couples than can
reproduce? What about couples that choose to be childless? What about
couples that through no fault of their own can't conceive?

http://www.clubeden.ca

>>> 20% of
>>> homosexuals report of participating in sadomasochism where their
>>> partner is hurt, scratched, bruised and/or bloodied.
>>
>> Yup, last time I checked, BDSM was far more popular amongst straights.
>

> It well might be considering straights are 95 percent or more of the
> populous.

Sorry to burst your bubble there pardner, but even so called 'straights'
can get 'bent'.

> They can still make babies and you can't....

I can be a semen donor if I choose. But no matter how hard you try you
can't be a compassionate human being no matter how hard you try.

>>> 41% of male homosexuals and
>>> 8% of lesbians report "fisting"; where the arm is inserted up the
>>> rectum of one's partner.
>>
>> Nice exaggeration there flatty. By the way, fisting is more popular in
>> hetero relationships. Something about the cervix being far more
>> receptive to large objects than the rectum.
>

> How about some links?

Hmmm, okay.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Childbirth
or do you still think that babies come from the cabbage patch?

> Or are you Rexx in drag?

>>> Over 90% of male homosexuals participate in the insertion of the penis
>>> into the rectum of their sexual partner's.
>>>

>> Yeah, straights never take it in the hoop. Whatever.
>

> Yea but they can still make babies.
>
> Tell me how do you make babies?

Donate. Typically ends up going to help out a couple where the male is
sterile and can't conceive on his own.

>>> 5% drank urine,
>>> 7% incorporated fisting,
>> I thought you said that 41% participated in fisting, come on flatty,
>> you're slipping.
>>
>>> 33% ingested feces,
>>> 53% swallowed semen.
>>
>> Sounds like typical prom night across America
>

> Sure.
> Maybe at Homo High............

>>> And you're telling me this is *normal*?
>>
>> Never said that anything had to be normal. By the way, what is the
>> official definition of normal?
>

> Left wing garbage.
> Normal= what the majority of people deem acceptable.

Well, I'm from Canada. The majority of people up here deem that the state
has no business in the bedrooms of it's citizens. Say, how's you Office of
Homeland Security and Perpetual Terror coming along?

> Homos are at the bottom of the list.....

What list are you referring to?

>>> You're kidding right?
>>
>> You sure seem to be.
>

> So far I have yet to see anything that proves your point.

Well silly, that's because you're wandering through life stumbling around
with your eyes closed.
Open your eyes to the beauty all around you and stop judging others.

Gregory Shearman

Sep 2, 2006, 10:48:06 PM9/2/06
flatfish+++ wrote:

> Consider this: If everyone were homosexual how would the population
> sustain itself?

Why would everyone be homosexual?

If everyone were male then how would the population sustain itself?

Your question is absurd.

> A rectum is an exit, a filthy one at that. Not meant for penetration.

Really? Who told you that? Your mother no doubt... yours my be filthy, but
that's another story.

> Look at the homosexual lifestyle...
>
> http://www.whatyouknowmightnotbeso.com/gaystudy.html

This isn't a study, it's a religious nutter website...

> And you're telling me this is *normal*?

That religious nutters produce phony information CLAIMING to be "studies"?
You tell me... is it normal?

> You're kidding right?

You're kidding, right?

--
Regards,

Gregory.
"Ding-a-ding-dang,My Dang-a-long ling-long"

Tim Smith

Sep 3, 2006, 1:25:22 AM9/3/06
In article <6mlKg.31$pN...@newsfe12.lga>,

flatfish+++ <flat...@linuxmail.org> wrote:

> As for homosexuals being deviants, well, judge for yourself:
>

> http://www.cruisingforsex.com/

There's nothing there that comes anywhere near the kind of sick things
you heterosexuals are into, like wanting to crawl into JonBenet Ramsey's
coffin to have sex with her corpse.

--
--Tim Smith

Mark Kent

Sep 3, 2006, 1:22:44 AM9/3/06
begin oe_protect.scr
Mathew P. <Mat...@COLA.com> espoused:

> Guess what got me into Linux in the first place? I'll give you a clue; I couldn't
> do it in windows. I had never heard of Linux, but I was looking for a program to
> control a ham radio packet node. I was going to set up an automated Knode, which
> is sort of like a ham radio packet forwarding system. I found that the programs
> available for this purpose overwhelmingly required linux, and no windows version
> was available. I later discovered that this has much to do with the fact that
> a reliable system not easily subject to crashes is needed to insure such
> emergency communication systems/networks as Radio Amateur Civil Emergency Service
> (RACES) an organiztion that provides communications in times of need like
> Katrina.
>
> Linux isn't a fad, and it isn't a load of crap. Ask any of the worldwide emergency
> service providers that rely on amateur radio in times of need, say, the American
> red cross (which by the way, has their own comm satellite much like OSCAR's).
>
> Spam bot evader:
>
> kilo delta 6 mike sierra india

I'm currently using hamlib to control my FT897, seems to work pretty well.
If I get any time at all, I might to some work on hamlib to get more
of the functions fully working - it's alpha at the moment, but even in
spite of that, I can control the rig from a different room, and watch
multiple PSK QSOs using KPSK (and could take part in them too, except
I need another sound card in the PC for that!).

I'm afraid that the trolls same old arguments have become rather boring.
The "have to have a cli one" is amusing - my Nokia 770 doesn't have
a cli at all, neither does my Motorola A780, nor my TomTom GO700.
Neither has my son's GP2X got one.
Interestingly, though, people have actually provided a shell for the
770, why? because a) they can, and b) they want to.

Much as they might like to, our trolls do not set the agenda for linux
distros or computing...

'Tis more blessed to give than receive; for example, wedding presents.
-- H.L. Mencken

Tim Smith

Sep 3, 2006, 1:31:26 AM9/3/06
In article <XhqKg.1393$oI3....@newsfe11.lga>,

flatfish+++ <flat...@linuxmail.org> wrote:
> How do you and your buddies reproduce?

Kin selection.

--
--Tim Smith

Mathew P.

Sep 3, 2006, 3:43:04 AM9/3/06

On 2006-09-03, Mark Kent spake thusly:

> begin oe_protect.scr
> Mathew P. <Mat...@COLA.com> espoused:
>>
>> Guess what got me into Linux in the first place? I'll give you a clue; I couldn't
>> do it in windows. I had never heard of Linux, but I was looking for a program to
>> control a ham radio packet node. I was going to set up an automated Knode, which
>> is sort of like a ham radio packet forwarding system. I found that the programs
>> available for this purpose overwhelmingly required linux, and no windows version
>> was available. I later discovered that this has much to do with the fact that
>> a reliable system not easily subject to crashes is needed to insure such
>> emergency communication systems/networks as Radio Amateur Civil Emergency Service
>> (RACES) an organiztion that provides communications in times of need like
>> Katrina.
>>
>> Linux isn't a fad, and it isn't a load of crap. Ask any of the worldwide emergency
>> service providers that rely on amateur radio in times of need, say, the American
>> red cross (which by the way, has their own comm satellite much like OSCAR's).
>>
>> Spam bot evader:
>>
>> kilo delta 6 mike sierra india
>>

> I'm currently using hamlib to control my FT897, seems to work pretty well.
> If I get any time at all, I might to some work on hamlib to get more
> of the functions fully working - it's alpha at the moment, but even in
> spite of that, I can control the rig from a different room, and watch
> multiple PSK QSOs using KPSK (and could take part in them too, except
> I need another sound card in the PC for that!).

Interesting. I have an FT-2500M, a very good and *very* tough radio that
you could practically drive a truck over without damaging. It's perfect
because it has a huge heat sink and *never* breaks a sweat no matter how
hard you work it. This is why it was the perfect choice for a Ham Packet
radio node.

I have two sound cards as well. One motherboard integrated SIS Solo 1938
and a Yamaha DS-XG sound card. I wonder what I could do with them working
independently?

I looked up Hamlib because I wasn't familiar with it. You have
me curious. I am going to dig deeper and see what apps have been
spawned out of this library. Thanks for the info.

> I'm afraid that the trolls same old arguments have become rather boring.
> The "have to have a cli one" is amusing - my Nokia 770 doesn't have
> a cli at all, neither does my Motorola A780, nor my TomTom GO700.
> Neither has my son's GP2X got one.
> Interestingly, though, people have actually provided a shell for the
> 770, why? because a) they can, and b) they want to.
>
> Much as they might like to, our trolls do not set the agenda for linux
> distros or computing...

Consider trolls to be individuals with a completely unique and sometimes odd
angles of perspective.

Regards,

Mathew

Version: GnuPG v1.2.7 (GNU/Linux)

iD8DBQFE+oeGlkJ5K/IU2ToRAryXAKDeIzQArOt2xmb3aAf1cDNGs08iRgCeNsE6
2i5RPBfwotoUWPjxlkvdMpo=
=/9+W

Mark Kent

Sep 3, 2006, 4:32:59 AM9/3/06

That's a well-built machine! The FT897 is a compact radio, designed to
be portable (you can even get a battery to fit into the case!), with
some good modern features, like reasonable DSP audio processing
capabilities, and a flat audio output for digital modes, as well as
general coverage receiver from about 100kHz to 0.5GHz.

As with most modern receivers, it's not got the dynamic range, ie., the
-3dB point is not so good for when the 1st mixer goes non-linear, so you
have to be a bit cute with the RF gain. On the +ve side, you can
control the pre-amp from the front-panel, and even drop an attenuator in
(great for 40 metres!).

I've recently purchased an LDG auto-tuner which is much better than
messing around with hand-tuning LCR.

> I have two sound cards as well. One motherboard integrated SIS Solo 1938
> and a Yamaha DS-XG sound card. I wonder what I could do with them working
> independently?

I've already got two cards, but the output of one drives the
house-audio, the other is local speakers (games, local audio), so I need
another to drive the rig. The other possibility I was considering was
to invest in a better quality card (these are cheap ones!) with several
inputs and outputs, but I'm not sure what's good and what's not.

> I looked up Hamlib because I wasn't familiar with it. You have
> me curious. I am going to dig deeper and see what apps have been
> spawned out of this library. Thanks for the info.

I've tried grig and sgcontrol as front-ends. They both do different
things well enough, although neither could be considered to be truly
mature. I'm using debian unstable ones, although there could be more up
to date ones. The kpsk package is superb, very mature, top-quality
software.

hamlib has some cli front-ends which are quite usable, too, and might be
better for scripting for your packet node, though.

>> I'm afraid that the trolls same old arguments have become rather boring.
>> The "have to have a cli one" is amusing - my Nokia 770 doesn't have
>> a cli at all, neither does my Motorola A780, nor my TomTom GO700.
>> Neither has my son's GP2X got one.
>> Interestingly, though, people have actually provided a shell for the
>> 770, why? because a) they can, and b) they want to.
>>
>> Much as they might like to, our trolls do not set the agenda for linux
>> distros or computing...
>
> Consider trolls to be individuals with a completely unique and sometimes odd
> angles of perspective.

Indeed :-)

Hadron Quark

Sep 3, 2006, 5:45:17 AM9/3/06
Tim Smith <reply-i...@mouse-potato.com> writes:

OOo. Shudder.

Hadron Quark

Sep 3, 2006, 5:49:03 AM9/3/06
"Mathew P." <Mat...@COLA.com> writes:

> On 2006-09-03, Mark Kent spake thusly:
>> begin oe_protect.scr
>> Mathew P. <Mat...@COLA.com> espoused:
>>>
>>> Guess what got me into Linux in the first place? I'll give you a clue; I couldn't
>>> do it in windows. I had never heard of Linux, but I was looking for a program to
>>> control a ham radio packet node. I was going to set up an automated Knode, which
>>> is sort of like a ham radio packet forwarding system. I found that the programs
>>> available for this purpose overwhelmingly required linux, and no windows version
>>> was available. I later discovered that this has much to do with the fact that
>>> a reliable system not easily subject to crashes is needed to insure such
>>> emergency communication systems/networks as Radio Amateur Civil Emergency Service
>>> (RACES) an organiztion that provides communications in times of need like
>>> Katrina.
>>>
>>> Linux isn't a fad, and it isn't a load of crap. Ask any of the worldwide emergency
>>> service providers that rely on amateur radio in times of need, say, the American
>>> red cross (which by the way, has their own comm satellite much like OSCAR's).
>>>
>>> Spam bot evader:
>>>
>>> kilo delta 6 mike sierra india
>>>

>> I'm currently using hamlib to control my FT897, seems to work pretty well.
>> If I get any time at all, I might to some work on hamlib to get more

Is this like "Ham" and "Spam" : some sort of hitec COLA kit to detect
Wintrolls? I wouldnt be surprised :)

yttrx

Sep 3, 2006, 9:18:28 AM9/3/06
flatfish+++ <flat...@linuxmail.org> wrote:
> On Sat, 02 Sep 2006 19:38:46 +0000, Bobbie wrote:

>>> You know...I'll just bet you're a homosexual.
>>>

>> And if he is?
>> Why oh why are people always trying to portray homosexuals as deviants?
>> It's not like we use Windows.
> ^^^^
>
> So you admit you are a homosexual Bobbie.
>
> Good. Coming out of the closet and admitting or facing your problem is the
> first step.
>
> I always knew that "Triple Killer" stuff had more meaning than
> motorcycles.
>
> Not as bad as "High Plains Thumper" though....
>
> And I used to think Mary Jane was just a school girl name....
>
> As for homosexuals being deviants, well, judge for yourself:
>

> http://www.cruisingforsex.com/
>
> ....Just remember this next time you are at a Ballys Fitness Center and
> go to the bathroom to pee................................

Alright flatfish, heres where we get serious.

Keep the homophobia off COLA and go type it somewhere else. Game's over.

-----yttrx

--
http://www.yttrx.net

yttrx

Sep 3, 2006, 9:19:22 AM9/3/06
flatfish+++ <flat...@linuxmail.org> wrote:

> On Sat, 02 Sep 2006 20:35:54 +0000, Bobbie wrote:

>>> ^^^^
>>>
>>> So you admit you are a homosexual Bobbie.
>>>

>> Ummmm, I don't ever recall denying this.
>>

>>> Good. Coming out of the closet and admitting or facing your problem is the
>>> first step.
>>
>> Are you speaking from personal experience?
>
> Actually yes.
>
> In my younger college days I was addicted to alcohol.
>
> Facing your problem is the first step.

Flatfish, I suggest you drop it.

-----yttrx

--
http://www.yttrx.net

yttrx

Sep 3, 2006, 9:20:05 AM9/3/06
flatfish+++ <flat...@linuxmail.org> wrote:

> On Sat, 02 Sep 2006 22:01:02 +0100, Kier wrote:
>

>> What problem does he have? Other than homophobic idiots making asumptions
>> about him, that is.
>
> As a homosexual, he will have problems his entire life.
> Some of them due to a false stigma that homosexuals unfortunately have to
> deal with.
>
> Some of them related to the fact that the vast majority, and it is not
> even close, of the population does not believe homosexuality is normal
> behavior.

> It has nothing to do with being homophobic.
> That is just a term invented by the ultra left wing agenda to lable people
> who oppose homosexuality (which is the vast majority) as nuts.

I wouldnt push it any further if I were you, flatfish.

-----yttrx

--
http://www.yttrx.net

yttrx

Sep 3, 2006, 9:23:29 AM9/3/06
Dangling Gubbo <ro...@linux.home> wrote:
> yttrx wrote:
>

>> Jesus, you never fucking stop complaining, do you.
>>

> No, and why should I? Linux is pushing itself to be a realistic alternative

> to Windows - if its ever going to get there the Linux community as a whole
> will have to get used to people complaining about little details like this.
>
> Maybe you'd be happy to have unreadable fonts, piss-poor graphic speeds, no
> applications, shite quality audio etc. etc. etc., and use Linux "because
> it's not Microsoft"?
>
> Others won't - they'll use whatever is 'best'. Hence M$'s stranglehold on
> the OS market, and the reason they'll stay there unless Linux - and its
> users - accept that not everyone thinks the sun shines out of Linux's ass.

BLAHBLAHBLAHBLAHBLAHBLAHBLAH

*PLONK*

-----yttrx

--
http://www.yttrx.net

Message has been deleted

DFS

Sep 3, 2006, 10:46:43 AM9/3/06

Is there an echo in here or what?

DFS

Sep 3, 2006, 10:54:30 AM9/3/06

That's 3 oh-so-serious warnings, Curses With Wolves.

I'm sure he's got the all-over heebee jeebies by now.

Tim Smith

Sep 3, 2006, 11:47:45 AM9/3/06
In article <KLBKg.1423$oI3...@newsfe11.lga>,
flatfish+++ <flat...@linuxmail.org> wrote:
> That kook they caught in Taiwan or wherever they heck they found him,
> was in the process of having his body hair removed in prep for a sex
> change operation.
>
> Hardly hetero by anyone's definition.

There are many other heterosexual deviants that could be used in his
place, if you aren't satisfied with him. Warren Jeffs is a good one
currently in the news. Or John Couey from last year or so. If they
ever solve the case, I bet it will be a heterosexual behind Natalie
Holloway's murder, too. Is there no end to what heterosexuals will do
to satisfy their bizarre lusts?

--
--Tim Smith

yttrx

Sep 3, 2006, 12:07:55 PM9/3/06

You wanna step up, bitch? Seriously, I've extended the invitation to
meet me in LIVING COLOR AND PERSON to anyone who'll take me up on it.

Every monday night im in exactly the same place at exactly the same
time...and not once...not ONCE has any pussy ass bitch taken me up
on it.

So, you wanna meet up, DFS?

-----yttrx

--
http://www.yttrx.net

yttrx

Sep 3, 2006, 12:08:15 PM9/3/06

*PLONK*

-----yttrx

--
http://www.yttrx.net

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Kier

Sep 3, 2006, 1:16:42 PM9/3/06
On Sun, 03 Sep 2006 12:08:43 -0500, flatfish+++ wrote:

> There are sickos in all groups however there are many more hetero people
> on earth so there will be more of them involved in disgusting things just
> by the numbers.
>
> You can also look at Wayne Williams and John Wayne Gaycee as well.
> Both homosexuals.
>
> I'm talking about a deviant lifestyle, not a few sickos here and there.

What 'deviant lifestyle'? Most gay people live just like you and me,
except that they love men instead of women. And there are plenty of
straights who live a 'deviant' lifestyle. I suppose that's considered okay
in your narrow little world.

> By no stretch of the imagination is the homosexual lifestyle considered
> normal and it for the most part has never been considered normal.
> And I doubt it ever will.

Define 'normal'. What's normal for you may not be normal for others. Stop
being such a homophobic arse.

--
Kier

Kier

Sep 3, 2006, 1:18:44 PM9/3/06
On Sun, 03 Sep 2006 12:24:17 -0400, Black Dragon wrote:

> In upstate NY;
>
> http://www.democratandchronicle.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060824/NEWS01/608250372/1002/NEWS
>
> " August 24, 2006 4:33 pm . The Batavia City School District in Genesee
> County is likely doing something unique . having parent, student, staff
> and community meetings to discuss acceptance of transgendered and
> transsexual people in the wake of a male high school science teacher who
> will start the school year Sept. 6 as a woman."
>

> In light of this recent event, if my children hadn't already graduated from
> Batavia High, I would have pulled them out and put them in private
> schools.

Why? What are you afraid of? That your kids might be gay? That they'll
suddenly turn gay?

> I don't give a flying fuck what transsexual and homo freaks (the
> principle of Batavia High is a bull dyke lesbo) do with their personal
> lives, but they shouldn't be teaching the children of the world their
> lifestyle is generally acceptable when in fact it is not.

It is - to homosexual people. Suppose your child was gay, what would you
do then? Disown them?

--
Kier

Message has been deleted

Jim

Sep 3, 2006, 1:35:33 PM9/3/06
On or about 2006-09-03 Sunday 18:28, I did witness the following events
concerning Black Dragon:

> Kier wrote:
>
>> Suppose your child was gay, what would you do then? Disown them?
>

> There was no chance of my children ever being gay. Being gay is simply a
> decision and good parents are compelled to help guide their children to
> making the right ones.
>
> But to answer your question, if my children had made the decision to be
> gay and my wife and I were made aware of that decision, they would have
> also made the decision to leave the home because they would have no longer
> been welcome here.

I encourage my children to make life decisions for themselves. What few
freedoms we have left to us, I'm not going to deprive them of - which hole
they're going to be fucking is a decision I leave to them and I will
support them whichever way they decide to lean.
--
I hereby testify that the above statement is an accurate recollection of the
events mentioned therein.

Bobbie

Sep 3, 2006, 1:50:38 PM9/3/06
On Sun, 03 Sep 2006 13:28:46 -0400, Black Dragon wrote:

> Kier wrote:
>
>> Suppose your child was gay, what would you do then? Disown them?
>

> There was no chance of my children ever being gay.

Yup, living in your binary world must be rather boring.

> Being gay is simply a
> decision and good parents are compelled to help guide their children to
> making the right ones.

Let me ask you a question, in foetal development, which sex are all humans
first in utero. Male or female? Take a wild guess.
Human sexual development is a far greater task than:

10 REM simple program that dictates sexual attraction
11 REM humans are such simple and non-complicated entities
12 REM that this will not be a complex program.
15 Let x = "boy"
20 Let y = "girl"
25 Print " enter the first partner's sex"
26 Print " boy or girl"
30 Input A
35 Print " enter the second partner's sex"
36 Print " boy or girl"
40 Input B
45 If A=B then print" You have made an error in choice number 2, please
choose again"
46 goto 35
50 Else print" You have made a good and holy choice in the eyes of God"
60 End if
70 End

> But to answer your question, if my children had made the decision to be
> gay and my wife and I were made aware of that decision, they would have
> also made the decision to leave the home because they would have no longer
> been welcome here.

And sadly, that's one of the leading causes of teen suicide.

Kier

Sep 3, 2006, 2:44:19 PM9/3/06
On Sun, 03 Sep 2006 13:28:46 -0400, Black Dragon wrote:

> Kier wrote:
>
>> Suppose your child was gay, what would you do then? Disown them?
>

> There was no chance of my children ever being gay. Being gay is simply a

> decision and good parents are compelled to help guide their children to
> making the right ones.

No, it's not simply a 'decision'.

> But to answer your question, if my children had made the decision to be
> gay and my wife and I were made aware of that decision, they would have
> also made the decision to leave the home because they would have no longer
> been welcome here.

Makes you a pretty poor parent, IMO. Don't you love your kids? Is your
love conditional on the 'decisons' they make?

--
Kier

Message has been deleted

arachnid

Sep 3, 2006, 3:11:04 PM9/3/06
On Sun, 03 Sep 2006 13:28:46 -0400, Black Dragon wrote:

> But to answer your question, if my children had made the decision to be
> gay and my wife and I were made aware of that decision, they would have
> also made the decision to leave the home because they would have no longer
> been welcome here.

Easy way to tell if your son is really gay or just thinks he is:

"Son, I don't approve of your decision but I fully support your right to
make it. Monday we'll go see a sex-change surgeon. He'll remove your
testicles and scrotum and cut off most of your dick and turn what little
is left inside-out..."

Should cure most cases pretty quick. The rest, well, maybe they're really
gay. Look on the bright side - you don't have to worry about his getting
some teenage girl pregnant and having to drop out of school to support her
and the triplets.

Message has been deleted

Kier

Sep 3, 2006, 3:44:59 PM9/3/06
On Sun, 03 Sep 2006 15:31:09 -0400, Black Dragon wrote:

> Kier wrote:

>>> There was no chance of my children ever being gay. Being gay is simply a
>>> decision and good parents are compelled to help guide their children to
>>> making the right ones.
>
>> No, it's not simply a 'decision'.
>

> Believe what you want. Suggest not try to foist your ill informed ideas
> on others though.

You're the one who's ill-informed. You don't just wake up one morning and
think, 'Okay, I'm gonna become gay today'.

>>> But to answer your question, if my children had made the decision to be
>>> gay and my wife and I were made aware of that decision, they would have
>>> also made the decision to leave the home because they would have no longer
>>> been welcome here.
>
>> Makes you a pretty poor parent, IMO. Don't you love your kids? Is your
>> love conditional on the 'decisons' they make?
>

> Love or no love, enabling a child to practice self destructive behavior is
> bad parenting.

So, if you have a gay child, you'd just ditch it. Nice idea of parenting
you have.

--
Kier

Message has been deleted

Kier

Sep 3, 2006, 4:07:37 PM9/3/06
On Sun, 03 Sep 2006 15:57:44 -0400, Black Dragon wrote:

> Bobbie wrote:
>
> [drivelectomy]

>>> But to answer your question, if my children had made the decision to be
>>> gay and my wife and I were made aware of that decision, they would have
>>> also made the decision to leave the home because they would have no longer
>>> been welcome here.
>
>> And sadly, that's one of the leading causes of teen suicide.
>

> Nonsense. One of the leading causes of teen suicide is parents not
> paying attention to the needs of their children, that is, ignoring them.
> They're too busy pursuing their pathetic careers and dump their kids off
> in day care centers and suchlike to achieve their selfish, and often
> materialistic goals. If they didn't want the responsibility of properly
> raising a family, they shouldn't have started one to begin with.

That I can agree with.

> Now, we've got public schools teaching kids that being transsexual and
> gay is normal, and a community afraid to speak up for what's right from

It is normal, *for them*. I know a trassexual person; believe me, it's
not a 'choice' to feel you are born in the wrong body. It's not some kind
of lifestyle. It's a hard, hard road of pain.

> fear of being labeled as uncompassionate or homophobic by a faction of
> overly vocal wackos. This is totally wrong.

Being gay is wrong, is it? I don't think so.

--
Kier

Mark Kent

Sep 3, 2006, 4:10:38 PM9/3/06
begin oe_protect.scr
Kier <val...@tiscali.co.uk> espoused:

Very traditional. Romans used to execute their kids if they didn't like
them. This chap would appear to be at about the same level of
enlightenment.

'Tis more blessed to give than receive; for example, wedding presents.
-- H.L. Mencken

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Kier

Sep 3, 2006, 6:25:19 PM9/3/06
On Sun, 03 Sep 2006 17:44:32 -0400, Black Dragon wrote:

> Kier wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 03 Sep 2006 15:57:44 -0400, Black Dragon wrote:
>
>>> Bobbie wrote:
>
>>> [drivelectomy]

>>> Nonsense. One of the leading causes of teen suicide is parents not
>>> paying attention to the needs of their children, that is, ignoring them.
>>> They're too busy pursuing their pathetic careers and dump their kids off
>>> in day care centers and suchlike to achieve their selfish, and often
>>> materialistic goals. If they didn't want the responsibility of properly
>>> raising a family, they shouldn't have started one to begin with.
>
>> That I can agree with.
>

> The traditional family is just about shot these days. Most of the
> wayward kids I've meet over the years have come from either broken homes
> or from homes where the parents are effectively non-existent. There's no
> such thing as bad kids per se, there's just bad parents. <sigh>

Again, I would agree with that. It's a shame.

>>> Now, we've got public schools teaching kids that being transsexual and
>>> gay is normal, and a community afraid to speak up for what's right from
>
>> It is normal, *for them*. I know a trassexual person; believe me, it's
>> not a 'choice' to feel you are born in the wrong body. It's not some kind
>> of lifestyle. It's a hard, hard road of pain.
>

> Feeling one is in the wrong body means ones feelings need to be fixed,

Suppose it can't be 'fixed'. Why do you even think it should be?

> not the body. But like I said, what a person does with their own life is
> their own business, they just shouldn't be foisting their twisted sense
> of ideals on the public educational system as they are doing in Batavia
> NY at this very moment.

>>> fear of being labeled as uncompassionate or homophobic by a faction of
>>> overly vocal wackos. This is totally wrong.
>
>> Being gay is wrong, is it? I don't think so.
>

> Let's put all gay men on their own island, and all the gay woman on their
> own, and let nature take it's course and prove what's right or wrong.

And, like, this accomplishes what? What course do you expect to be taken?
Do you think gay people should pretend they're not gay? Lie about their
feelings?

--
Kier

Tim Smith

Sep 3, 2006, 8:12:38 PM9/3/06
In article <slrnefmi...@bdhi.local>,
Black Dragon <b...@nomail.invalid> wrote:
> No, I didn't say I'd ditch my child, I said they wouldn't be welcome in
> my home anymore if they made the decision to become gay. There's a

Were you attracted to men sexually, or both men and women, and then
simply decided that you would be straight? If not, why do you think
that this is how it works for gay people?

--
--Tim Smith

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Linonut

Sep 4, 2006, 10:15:01 AM9/4/06
After takin' a swig o' grog, Black Dragon belched out this bit o' wisdom:

> Being attracted to a member of ones own sex is anything but normal.

But it is very common, about 10% in incidence.

> --
> Black Dragon
>
> Rush Limbaugh's 35 Undeniable Truths of Life:
> (10) Liberalism poisons the soul.
> -- "The Limbaugh Letter," Copyright 1992, EFM Publishing, Inc.

Ahhhh, a ditto-head.

--
Microsoft Word. The word processor that thinks it's smarter than you.

Message has been deleted

Linonut

Sep 4, 2006, 11:33:55 AM9/4/06
After takin' a swig o' grog, Black Dragon belched out this bit o' wisdom:

>> Ahhhh, a ditto-head.
>
> My sigs are randomly generated once an hour by the game fortune and a
> cron job, and I don't necessarily agree or disagree with them. They're
> purely for entertainment, nothing more, nothing less.

Oh, okay.

--
"Linux is a cancer!" -- Steve Ballmer, CEO Microsoft

Message has been deleted

Bobbie

Sep 4, 2006, 2:33:43 PM9/4/06

Hey flattie, I've got you figured out.

Does the name Roy Cohn sound familiar?

The homophobic crap that spews forth from your mouth is a veiled attempt
to cover something up. Now what could that be?

Mark Kent

Sep 4, 2006, 2:37:03 PM9/4/06
begin oe_protect.scr
Linonut <lin...@bone.com> espoused:

> After takin' a swig o' grog, Black Dragon belched out this bit o' wisdom:
>
>> Being attracted to a member of ones own sex is anything but normal.
>
> But it is very common, about 10% in incidence.

Yes, but "normal" is, for people who have trouble thinking, a
description of what "most" people do, or what "most" people think, or
whatever. Racism is built on the same thinking. 10% of people is
obviously not "normal", because the 90% are different.

This whole thing also illustrates perhaps one of the biggest flaws in
democracy...

This is the theory that Jack built.
This is the flaw that lay in the theory that Jack built.
This is the palpable verbal haze that hid the flaw that lay in...

Message has been deleted

flatfish+++

Sep 4, 2006, 5:05:03 PM9/4/06
On Mon, 04 Sep 2006 19:37:03 +0100, Mark Kent wrote:

> begin oe_protect.scr
> Linonut <lin...@bone.com> espoused:
>> After takin' a swig o' grog, Black Dragon belched out this bit o' wisdom:
>>
>>> Being attracted to a member of ones own sex is anything but normal.
>>
>> But it is very common, about 10% in incidence.
>>

> Yes, but "normal" is, for people who have trouble thinking, a
> description of what "most" people do, or what "most" people think, or
> whatever. Racism is built on the same thinking. 10% of people is
> obviously not "normal", because the 90% are different.
>
> This whole thing also illustrates perhaps one of the biggest flaws in
> democracy...

The above is a typical example of the PC crowd at work.
Anyone who disagrees doesn't have an open mind etc...

FWIW:::::

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=normal&x=0&y=0

nor‧mal  /ˈnɔrməl/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[nawr-muhl] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–adjective
1. conforming to the standard or the common type; usual; not abnormal; regular; natural.
2. serving to establish a standard.
3. Psychology.
a. approximately average in any psychological trait, as intelligence, personality, or emotional adjustment.
b. free from any mental disorder; sane.
4. Biology, Medicine/Medical.
a. free from any infection or other form of disease or malformation, or from experimental therapy or manipulation.
b. of natural occurrence.

Bobbie

Sep 4, 2006, 6:07:29 PM9/4/06
On Mon, 04 Sep 2006 16:00:31 -0500, flatfish+++ wrote:

> On Mon, 04 Sep 2006 18:33:43 +0000, Bobbie wrote:
>

>> Hey flattie, I've got you figured out.
>>
>> Does the name Roy Cohn sound familiar?
>>
>> The homophobic crap that spews forth from your mouth is a veiled attempt
>> to cover something up. Now what could that be?
>

> 1. I'm not homophobic. I have my opinions and that's that.
> 2. There is no way I could work/have worked in the entertainment industry
> and be homophobic. It's virtually impossible.
>
> 3. You're using the classic technique that the homosexual agenda uses.
> IOW just because a person disagrees with their choice of lifestyle,
> like 95 percent or more of the populous at large, they must be a latent
> homosexual.

Bad argument using percentages of population. First, these numbers are
usually projected from small survey samples. Second, numbers alone don't
differentiate between wrong and right.

I'm sure if during the '70s and '80s you had asked a number of white
South Africans whether or not apartheid was proper you would
have had an overwhelming majority say that it was fine. Now I know that
your going to come back with, "Well Bobbie, skin colour is obviously not a
choice where as sexuality is 100% pure choice". Okay, this is where I beg
to differ but fair enough, although modern research has found that sexual
preference is anything as simple as a choice. Hopefully you agree that
what the majority of white South Africans found to be
acceptable was in fact immoral. During the Salem witch hunts, I'm sure
that a majority of the Puritans found burning a witch at the stake to be a
good and proper thing to do. Obviously, you must agree, being a witch
surely isn't a trait that one is born with. None the less the majority
spoke and 'witches' were burnt.

> Sorry, you re incorrect again.
>
> I'm also sorry for your choice of lifestyle because from what I have seen,
> it's anything but *gay*.

How could it be considered 'gay' if we're forever being beaten over the
head with comments about how abnormal we are and how defective we are?

These people don't seem to think there's
anything wrong with me http://www.apa.org/pi/reslgbc.html

Message has been deleted

Gregory Shearman

Sep 4, 2006, 7:42:55 PM9/4/06
flatfish+++ wrote:

> They tried that "Danny Has Two Daddies" crap in the elementary school
> near here and the parents almost tarred and feathered the principle.
>
> I went to the school board meeting and it got very nasty.

I see. The homophobes are not only bigoted and ignorant, they are also
violent. What a great example for the children about our "free"
and "tolerant" and "peaceful" society.

> One obviously coarse, but intelligent blue collar product of the working
> class (whose best friend lies at the bottom of a glass) put on a real
> show.

Yeah, there's a latent homosexual (who expresses his homosexuality in
violence and aggression towards homosexuals) in every group of homophobes.

> He was a hero after that encounter as the poofs hauled their panties
> right back to NYC where that stuff is accepted.

What?? Tolerance, understanding and acceptance...

Well... your little town can get back to its poofter-bashings and hidden
homosexual encounters...

> Of course you'll never see anything like that on TV or in the mainstream
> press because these days we can't *offend* anyone.

Looks like the homophobes were the ones who were offended... by the teaching
of tolerance and acceptance....

Do you know the meaning of hypocrisy?

> Even the terrorists that like to blow up planes and knock down buildings.
>
> Wouldn't want to hurt their feelings now do we?

Huh? They're all dead... how can you hurt the feelings of dead people?

>> And that's being nice. Several years ago I thought they should all be
>> put out of their misery by public execution.
>
> I kind of like the island approach.

The "island" approach????

Put men on one island and women on another and see how long it takes for
them to die out????

How absurd... it wouldn't matter WHAT sexuality they were... in that case...
they'd still die out because you've allowed no opportunity for
procreation...

Tell ya what... how about we put heterosexual men on an island... and see
how long it takes for them to start having sex with each other....

Har har har har har!

> If their behavior is *normal and part of evolutionary or creation theory,
> whatever you may believe, let's see how long they last. I predict a
> generation or so before they disappear...

Ummm... homosexuality isn't hereditary... if they have children, the
children have a 1 in 10 chance of being homosexual... just like everyone
else... I think you'd be disappointed...

Besides... homosexuals have the same parenting urges as heterosexuals... if
they have access to procreation then they'll procreate...

I think you'd be disappointed with the results.

> Anyone taking bets hahah!

I'll bet you know nothing about homosexuality.

--
Regards,

Gregory.
"Ding-a-ding-dang,My Dang-a-long ling-long"

Gregory Shearman

Sep 4, 2006, 7:44:27 PM9/4/06
flatfish+++ wrote:

> I'm also sorry for your choice of lifestyle because from what I have seen,

Did you choose to be heterosexual?

When did you make that choice? Did you try the alternatives?

> it's anything but *gay*.

Yeah well.. that's because you were born a heterosexual (or you're lying to
yourself).

Gregory Shearman

Sep 4, 2006, 8:22:43 PM9/4/06
flatfish+++ wrote:

> On Mon, 04 Sep 2006 22:07:29 +0000, Bobbie wrote:
>

>> Bad argument using percentages of population. First, these numbers are
>> usually projected from small survey samples. Second, numbers alone don't
>> differentiate between wrong and right.
>

> Go up to 1000 people in Mall USA and ask them what they really think.
> You will get numbers well over 90 percent against and at best you'll get
> stuff like "I don't think it's right, but if they don't bother
> anyone....."

Yeah well.. we all know how bad the US education system has become. Do the
majority of USA citizens still believe that Saddam Hussein had something to
do with the September 11 attacks on the World Trade Centre?

> Actually I feel personally that a good number of homosexuals are born
> defective.

What's a "good number"? One, two?

There's your defective educations system for ya... personal opinion in the
place of reasoned, supported argument.

> Take a look at the limp wristed kid in the 5th grade who doesn't even know
> what being gay is. This is in the 60's when I was in school.

That kid could be heterosexual. I worked with such a bloke... had a sexy
wife and three kids... limp-wristed, lisping voice.. yet heterosexual.

You are stereotyping people.

> Not now, where thanks to the gay agenda, 5 year olds know what a
> homosexual is.

So now you are complaining that children get a good education??? You'd
obviously prefer them ignorant and easily led, eh?

> How about the *girl* who has bigger muscles than the 6th grade boys and
> is, ahem, a little rough around the edges?

Again the stereotypes, eh?

> It's genetic at least to some degree.

No shit, Sherlock... people differ... physical characteristics have NOTHING
to do with sexual preference.

You are engaged in stereotyping... probably due to your poor education
system.

>>Hopefully you agree that
>> what the majority of white South Africans found to be
>> acceptable was in fact immoral. During the Salem witch hunts, I'm sure
>> that a majority of the Puritans found burning a witch at the stake to be
>> a good and proper thing to do.
>

> Those people were ignorant, didn't have all the facts and in fact were led
> by a mob mentality and "leaders" who were off their rockers and out for
> personal gain (land, mostly).

Ever heard of Stonewall?

> Can you tell a faggot from a hetero?
> Many times yes..

Hmm... oh yes... the "fag" is the limp-wristed one, eh?

What a load of bollocks!

> Ever hear the term GAYdar???

Yep... it's a term gays use when attempting to find a suitable sexual
partner... it's "tongue-in-cheek"... unfortunately you don't have any
skills in critical thinking...

Jim Richardson

Sep 4, 2006, 8:40:10 PM9/4/06

One man's 'magic' is another man's engineering. 'Supernatural' is a null
word.
-- Lazarus Long

Bobbie

Sep 4, 2006, 10:54:15 PM9/4/06
On Mon, 04 Sep 2006 17:40:10 -0700, Jim Richardson wrote:

--

Message has been deleted

Jim Richardson

Sep 5, 2006, 12:12:28 AM9/5/06

The reason the Irish are always fighting each other
is they have no other worthy opponents.

Mike Mozz

Sep 5, 2006, 2:32:08 AM9/5/06
Bobbie wrote:

> In this case it'd be more out of desperation.
> But don't worry.
> In order to preserve the macho outward appearance of some
> of the men on island, prison rules will apply.
>
> Flattie can explain prison rules if you ask him nice enough.

Translation: androgynous Bobbie wants it dry up the dirt chute, again, to be
followed by a little A2M.

Message has been deleted

Kelsey Bjarnason

Sep 5, 2006, 1:09:36 PM9/5/06
[snips]

On Sun, 03 Sep 2006 12:24:17 -0400, Black Dragon wrote:

> In light of this recent event, if my children hadn't already graduated
> from Batavia High, I would have pulled them out and put them in private
> schools.
>
> I don't give a flying fuck what transsexual and homo freaks (the principle
> of Batavia High is a bull dyke lesbo) do with their personal lives, but
> they shouldn't be teaching the children of the world their lifestyle is
> generally acceptable when in fact it is not.

You're right, it isn't - because there's still too many bigots like you
around. Bigotry, however, is generally curable, even if it means simply
waiting until the current generation of narrow-minded types are dead and
gone.

Kelsey Bjarnason

Sep 5, 2006, 1:11:34 PM9/5/06
On Sun, 03 Sep 2006 13:28:46 -0400, Black Dragon wrote:

> Kier wrote:
>
>> Suppose your child was gay, what would you do then? Disown them?
>
> There was no chance of my children ever being gay. Being gay is simply a
> decision

Of course, back when you were beginning to discover your sexuality, you
sat down and had a long talk with yourself, trying to decide whether to
like girls or to like boys, right? Right?

Bullshit, you did no such thing; you simply had a leaning one particular
way. Why do you assume others don't have exactly the same situation, just
with different results?

Oh, right, because you're a bigot. I forgot.

Kelsey Bjarnason

Sep 5, 2006, 1:12:38 PM9/5/06
[snips]

On Sun, 03 Sep 2006 14:11:04 -0500, arachnid wrote:

> Easy way to tell if your son is really gay or just thinks he is:
>
> "Son, I don't approve of your decision but I fully support your right to
> make it. Monday we'll go see a sex-change surgeon. He'll remove your
> testicles and scrotum and cut off most of your dick and turn what little
> is left inside-out..."

Another one too stupid to grasp simple concepts. Being gay is not the
same as being transgendered; sex-change operations don't enter into the
picture.

It is loading more messages.