Preskoči na prvu nepročitanu poruku

Marcos Arruda Raposo

nepročitano,
11. sij 2010. 07:25:1911. 01. 2010.
u azo...@googlegroups.com
Hi, Margaret,

May I bother you a little more on our probable connection at Arrifes?

I thought my Raposos were all from Ponta Delgada, but John Miranda Raposo kindly told me that they were in fact from Arrifes.  His sources indicate that my gggggggrandfather Tomé Raposo (married to Sebastiana da Costa), who died before Dec 1735, was from Arrifes and had the following sons, besides my ggggggrandfather Pedro: Antonio (married to Vitoria Cordeiro and then to Maria de São José), Gonçalo (married to Maria Pereira), Silvestre (married to Joana Botelho) and Domingos (married to Antonia Carvalho).

Pedro was christened in freguesia of the Patriarch São José, Ponta Delgada, as did his brothers Gonçalo and Silvestre, but the family seems to have later moved to the freguesia of S. Sebastião, in Ponta Delgada.

Tomé Raposo and Sebastiana da Costa of Arrifes are my brickwalls, unsurmountable so far. You know, after 200 years oblivion water produces a kind hang-over that compels people to seek their forgotten relatives.  Can you help?

Thanks a lot,
Marcos.

Group: http://groups.google.com/group/azores/topics

    "Linda Norton" <patl...@verizon.net> Jan 10 11:24AM -0500 ^

    When I went to CA five or six years ago, time flies, I had gone to SF for
    the first time and then drove down the coastline. I did stop at Duarte's, a
    great rustic tavern. The food was fabulous especially the Dungeness Crab,
    their signature dish, as the assortment of pies.

    If you are around that area visiting, you have to stop in.

    Linda

    From: TTCo...@aol.com
    Date: Thu, 7 Jan 2010 11:25:18 -0500
    To: azo...@googlegroups.com

    Sao Miguel.

    -Trevor Costa
    (Washington DC)

    In a message dated 1/6/2010 8:43:05 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
    tish....@gmail.com writes:

    Happy New Year to all,
    I thought it might be nice if we found what Islands are represented in our
    group.
    My interested is Santa Maria.

    --
    sfig

    http://groups.google.com/group/Azores. Click in the blue area on the right

    _____

    Your E-mail and More On-the-Go. Get Windows Live Hotmail Free. Sign up
    <http://clk.atdmt.com/GBL/go/196390709/direct/01/> now.
    -- To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
    Azores+un...@googlegroups.com. Follow the confirmation directions when
    they arrive. For more options, such as changing to List, Digest, Abridged,
    or No Mail (vacation) mode, log into your Google account and visit this
    group at http://groups.google.com/group/Azores. Click in the blue area on
    the right that says "Join this group" and it will take you to "Edit my
    membership."

    02:35:00

    Terri <ter...@rogers.com> Jan 09 07:43PM -0800 ^

    My mom was the last of 11 children and she never met my great
    grandfather but from what she knows...he died around the age of 60
    years old? That would make it around maybe ...1942? I'm assuming in
    Agua'Alto (because that's what my mother thinks...)but before
    Wednesday...i will try to contact someone else in the family who may
    know better.
    Thanks again Shirley!
    P.S. Do you find it is easier looking up birth , death or marriages?

    "Linda Norton" <patl...@verizon.net> Jan 10 11:05AM -0500 ^

    Hi Terri, Shirley, Rick,

    Rick do you think this is my Mariano Pimental Furtado? My Mariano m. Maria
    de Jesus or was that Mariano's mother's name?? Jose was his brother as your
    Francisco born around that time frame.

    What do you think? Though they are from Ribeira Grande and not Villa Franca.

    Linda Borges (Furtado) Norton

From: patl...@verizon.net
To: azo...@googlegroups.com

[...]

Lionel Holmes

nepročitano,
13. velj 2010. 15:35:2813. 02. 2010.
u azo...@googlegroups.com
I have several Rapozo families in my files on Sacramento-area families.  Would you like to have that info?

Lionel Holmes

--

lisa lema

nepročitano,
13. velj 2010. 19:10:0913. 02. 2010.
u azo...@googlegroups.com
Oh that would be so great, Lionel.I would so appreciate it. please send to my personal email addy brat...@hotmail.com   Thank you, so much

Lisa L

Date: Sat, 13 Feb 2010 12:35:28 -0800
Subject: Re: [AZORES-Genealogy] Reposo 13Messages in 5 Topics
From: lionelh...@gmail.com
To: azo...@googlegroups.com

Iris Bilodeau

nepročitano,
13. velj 2010. 16:03:2413. 02. 2010.
u azo...@googlegroups.com
Lisa,
I have Cabral, Botelho, and deCosta in my ancestry from Sao Miguel.

I looked up Joao Raposa in "Portuguese Immigrants to Hawaii".  Found 5 Joao Raposo's and 5 Joao Rapozo's.  Are you able to give me his wife's name, then I can narrow it down.
Iris

--- On Sat, 2/13/10, lisa lema <brat...@hotmail.com> wrote:

Marcosraposo

nepročitano,
14. velj 2010. 11:49:5614. 02. 2010.
u Azores Genealogy
Apparently, most of you descend from Azoreans who emmigrated to the US
between 1850 and 1920. I'm a stranger in the nest here, because my
people came to Brazil in the early 1800s. They did not actually
emmigrate, because Brazil was part of Portugal at the time.

José Antonio Raposo surely left brothers and sisters in Ponta Delgada,
who may well be the ancestors of many of you. I'll be glad if a
connection is found. In Rio, he chose to live close to the church
where the most typical Azorean cult was upheld, that of the Divine
Holy Ghost.

As to spelling, Raposo and Rapozo are the same thing. And until
perhaps mid 1800, some Raposo women were called Raposa, which is just
the feminin of Raposo (the fox).

By the way, Linda, my mother was Arruda. Arruda is a plant, the rue,
a magic plant. We, Arrudas, are kind of magic...

If any of you ever come to Rio, please, let me know.

Marcos.

On 13 fev, 19:03, Iris Bilodeau <irisca...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Lisa,
> I have Cabral, Botelho, and deCosta in my ancestry from Sao Miguel.
>
> I looked up Joao Raposa in "Portuguese Immigrants to Hawaii".  Found 5 Joao Raposo's and 5 Joao Rapozo's.  Are you able to give me his wife's name, then I can narrow it down.
> Iris

lisa lema

nepročitano,
15. velj 2010. 23:13:4115. 02. 2010.
u azo...@googlegroups.com
Hello,
From what I can find my rapoza's wife was Mary or Maria Dos Rosario. My great grandfather, Francisco Rapoza, has listed on his ssdi as his mother's last name as Galante. But I found her passport on the BYU site along with my Joao Rapoza as Dos Rosario. They immigrated from Lagoa in 1883 to Hawaii.I am truely not sure what her last name was....
Oh wait, maybe this will help.
My Uncle once told me that Joao was apparently very cruel especially to animals, and Maria was raising some horses or involved in horses in Hawaii, and Joao was murdered by a fellow farm or ranch hand for beating a horse. sometime between 1909 and 1915 In Hawaii.
Any help you can give would be appreciated.I Could give you the names of my Cabrals Botelhos etc if you wish.
Thank you,

Lisa L

Date: Sat, 13 Feb 2010 13:03:24 -0800
From: iris...@yahoo.com

danan...@comcast.net

nepročitano,
15. velj 2010. 23:30:5615. 02. 2010.
u azo...@googlegroups.com

Lisa,

I have a large file of Lagoa families.

If I understand correctly this is your Great Grandfather Francisco Raposo also named as Galante?  He Married Maria do Rosario;

Can you give a little more details such as his birthdate, did he marry in Lagoa?

Are your Cabral and Botelho also from Lagoa?

Maria Moore

lisa lema

nepročitano,
16. velj 2010. 00:45:2616. 02. 2010.
u azo...@googlegroups.com
Hello Marie,
In regards to my Joao's Last name, it was, as far as I have ever found, RAPOSO.His wife's name on the other hand, in records and census and family accounts has been DOS ROSARIO,RODRIGUES,GALANTE,AND OR GOUVEAU? I am including the BYU link that lists their passport. As for the Cabral and Botelho relatives, of where they originated I am still researching. Joao was born in Lagoa around 1862.
If you are interested I could send you an invitation from my ancestry.com site.
Thank you ahead of time if you do find any information on my Raposo.The link I mentioned earlier is:

http://immigrants.byu.edu/search/search_results/5531?page=11

Lisa L

Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2010 04:30:56 +0000
From: danan...@comcast.net
To: azo...@googlegroups.com

Iris Bilodeau

nepročitano,
16. velj 2010. 12:15:0716. 02. 2010.
u azo...@googlegroups.com
Sorry Lisa,
I can't find your ancestors in "Portuguese Immigrants to Hawaii.
Go ahead and send your Cabral and Botelho lines and I'll compare to mine.  You can send it via e-mail if you wish.  Or, maybe others might be interested as well.
Iris

Shirley Allegre

nepročitano,
17. velj 2010. 12:43:4117. 02. 2010.
u azo...@googlegroups.com
I found the following in the book IMMIGRATION FROM AZORES TO HAWAII 1879-1883.  Author:  Bob De Mello.

Joao RAPOSO,  age 21
Father: Francisco Raposo
Mother Maria de Jesus
From  Rosario   Lagoa
WIFE
Maria do Rosario,  age 19
Parents unknown
From  Rosario  Lagoa
CHILD
Manuel,  age 16 days
#357    Ship  ALBERGELDIE

The Abergeldie's sailing time was 1 Jan 1883 - 30 Apr 1883

Hope this helps.
Shirley in CA

lisa lema

nepročitano,
18. velj 2010. 09:53:2818. 02. 2010.
u azo...@googlegroups.com
Good morning Shirley. I hope all is well with you and your dogs. I thank you very much for the information on Joao and Maria. I was wondering, would a local library have this book you mentioned, and if not where would I go to purchase it? Yes these do look like my Raposos because of the matching departure and the ages and child born.
I did not know what Joao's father's name was so this will be very beneficial in aiding my search, I hope. You have an awesome day. and Thank you so much

Lisa L

From: shi...@digitalpath.net
To: azo...@googlegroups.com
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2010 09:43:41 -0800

Shirley Allegre

nepročitano,
19. velj 2010. 15:07:5319. 02. 2010.
u azo...@googlegroups.com
Hi Lisa:  Bob de Mello's book is no longer in print.  To find a copy anywhere would be quite an endeavor.
I will try to scan and email you a copy of the page with your ancestors on it.

Shirley

Shirley Allegre

nepročitano,
19. velj 2010. 15:15:4319. 02. 2010.
u azo...@googlegroups.com
Hi Lisa:  If you can find Bob de Mello's book anywhere, that would be short of a miracle.
I am going to try to scan and send a copy of the page.  I will send it to your personal email
address.
Shirley
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2010 04:30:56 +0000
From: danan...@comcast.net
To: azo...@googlegroups.com

Lisa,

I have a large file of Lagoa families.

If I understand correctly this is your Great Grandfather Francisco Raposo also named as Galante?  He Married Maria do Rosario;

Can you give a little more details such as his birthdate, did he marry in Lagoa?

Are your Cabral and Botelho also from Lagoa?

Maria Moore

Odgovori svima
Odgovori autoru
Proslijedi